FANDOM

(hi: new section)
Line 464: Line 464:

--{{User:Wildecoyote/sig2|01:53,8/23/2011}}

--{{User:Wildecoyote/sig2|01:53,8/23/2011}}
  +
  +
Can you help me become a admin on the Dragon Ball AF Fanon wiki... i made a request a couple days ago but no answer....

Revision as of 22:56, August 25, 2011

See Adoption requests to request admin or bureaucrat rights on an inactive wiki.
See Spotlights to request a spotlight.

Archives

Welcome

Hello, I am a community Manager here at Wikia. Please add new messages to the bottom, thanks :)

If you're looking for help, you can leave a message for me here or visit our help page. If you have an idea for a new wiki, please create one!

Wipeout Wiki

Hey, I'm working on improving the Wipeout Wiki with a few other users, and I was wondering if you could possibly give me a link to the page that contains the template for welcoming users. I can't find it, so could you give me a link, please? All I want to do is to edit the end bit, so it has mine or Gold710's name on the end, instead of latest user to edit. 06:10, July 26, 2011 (UTC)

The welcome message is found at MediaWiki:Welcome-message-user. Follow the instructions on User:Wikia to change it.--GodPray  06:15,7/26/2011 
Take a look at Help:Welcome tool. — SpikeToronto 06:42, July 26, 2011 (UTC)
Those are the best links - let us know if you need further help or advice! Sarah@fandom (help forum | blog) 18:10, July 26, 2011 (UTC)

few questions

I have a few Questions that I hope you can answer

1. Is there a way to make pages only editable by adminastrators? If there is then how?

2. Is a adminastrator able to make the rules for the site?

3.How can a adminastrator block someone?

4.How do You make a signature?

I hope You can answer these questions,please reply back on my talk page

A saiyan warrior 14:49, July 26, 2011 (UTC)

Answers:

1. Yes, a admin can protect a page for only admins to edit.

2. Well a admin can tell users what to do and not do to.

3. Special:Block

4. Go to your preferences and go down to signature to make your signature.

TheBen10Mazter (Talk -Blog -Contribs) 14:58, July 26, 2011 (UTC)
That covers most of it. :) We also have an admin how-to page that lists how to do most of what you asked as well as more. We are also building up our founder & admin central. Let me know if you have further questions. Sarah@fandom (help forum | blog) 18:15, July 26, 2011 (UTC)
Regarding Question #3, on our wiki, we like to build a consensus for new rules and/or changing existing ones. We use a Noticeboard for that purpose. Just a thought … — SpikeToronto 01:32, July 27, 2011 (UTC)

Block

Is there a way to request a block here on central if yes can I request a block for William Yellowbones for the following reasons:

• Everytime he is blocked somewhere he comes to you spamming your talk'
  • When others and I ask him to go somewhere else he carries on

Tama63 18:12, July 26, 2011 (UTC)

Don't forget he's using people's signatures to frame them.--Shade 18:33, July 26, 2011 (UTC)
Tama63, we have already had this discussion about drama spilling over from your wiki onto other wikis. Please feel free to ban this user from your wikis and if he/she begins to harass you elsewhere, please give me concrete examples. I personally will look into this situation, but please contact me from now on and refrain from asking the same question to other Wikia staff members simply because I said no. --daNASCAT WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 18:47, July 26, 2011 (UTC)
Except William is IMPERSONATING users on Community Central. Check the history of this Talk page, you'll find that William was editing comments and using other people's Signatures to frame people HERE, on community Central.--Shade 18:50, July 26, 2011 (UTC)
Thank you for explaining his issue on this wiki more clearly. I have looked into the matter and banned the user for two weeks. Please refer any more replies to my talk page. I am not trying to be rude, but plenty of other staff members have been dragged into this and I would rather clear their pages of this mess ASAP. --daNASCAT WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 22:18, July 26, 2011 (UTC)

Will do.--Shade 22:23, July 26, 2011 (UTC)

Help please

Could you please take this users http://ultradragonball.wikia.com/wiki/User:Blalafoon Bureaucrats rights away as he is leaving and said he will never be back, I feel there is no need for him to keep his rights I created the Wiki and to tell you the truth i didn't mean to make him a Bureaucrat in the first place i clicked on the wrong box. Anyways could you please take care of this for me? {{SUBST:User:Supremegogeta/sig5}} 21:09, July 26, 2011 (UTC)

Send this to Special:Contact. TheBen10Mazter (Talk -Blog -Contribs) 21:11, July 26, 2011 (UTC)

Hi, Sorry for the delayed response. Did you send in a message to Special:Contact? Sarah@fandom (help forum | blog) 16:50, August 3, 2011 (UTC)

HELP ME!

It's Terror Fang17! I can't remember my password! Can you try find out for me?

Hi, you can request a new one on the Log In page. If that isn't working, please send in a message to Special:Contact. Sarah@fandom (help forum | blog) 16:52, August 3, 2011 (UTC)

Problem

There is a problem on every wiki! Please help! Dynovan 15:35, July 29, 2011 (UTC)

Tell the problem first. TheBen10Mazter (Talk -Blog -Contribs) 15:39, July 29, 2011 (UTC)

Hi, yes please give us a bit more details. Sarah@fandom (help forum | blog) 16:53, August 3, 2011 (UTC)

Delete account

I Would like you to permanently delete my account here. I will be moving to shoutwiki. Thank you very much. Wikia is trying to pull a totalitarian scheme over it's users by MAKING a specific skin mandatory. Discraceful. I am moving to shoutwiki, effective immediatly.rich 16:55, July 31, 2011 (UTC) —This unsigned comment is by Killerz508 (wallcontribs) . Please sign your posts with ~~~~!

Sorry to hear you want to leave Wikia. Please send account closing requests to Special:Contact. Sarah@fandom (help forum | blog) 16:59, August 3, 2011 (UTC)

New Wikia editor Layout

New wikia editor
Hi, I apologize if I am taking up unecessary space by uploading a photo but I felt the need to hsow you what happened. I was using the new wikia editor when something happened and the sidebar disappeared. Some of the other things were removed but others were replaced at the top. Here is a picture: File:new wikia editor.jpg. I'd like to know how to fix it or if it will affect other user accounts. Thanks!--Qim1 21:19, July 31, 2011 (UTC)
The sidebar is just collapsed. If you click on the bar on the far right, it'll reappear.  Monchoman45  Talk  Contribs  Skystone  21:20,7/31/2011 
Ah, I see, thank you! I didn't even see the small arrow bar there.--Qim1 22:29, July 31, 2011 (UTC)
Hi - glad you figured it out! Sarah@fandom (help forum | blog) 17:00, August 3, 2011 (UTC)

Special Pages Failing to Update

On my wiki, I check the most signifigant of the uncategorized page finding special pages, the wanted page finding ones, and the unused page finding ones. ("Page" doesn't apply to just normal pages.) They last updated on July 29th, but it's already August 1st. What's wrong with it? If you don't know, who should I ask?

Roads is a Wikia user! Duh! -_- 11:37, August 1, 2011 (UTC)

Top wikis are failing to update! Can you help? Dynovan 11:57, August 1, 2011 (UTC)

Send this to Special:Contact - they're supposed to update once per day.  Monchoman45  Talk  Contribs  Skystone  13:13,8/1/2011 
Hi, please send in more details there (and remember to provide links to your wikis). Thanks, Sarah@fandom (help forum | blog) 17:01, August 3, 2011 (UTC)

help

uh the ben10 mazter is brothering me can you plz do something about ballgum 15:25, August 2, 2011 (UTC)\

Please do not listen to him, he just mad because i blocked him somewhere. TheBen10Mazter (Talk -Blog -Contribs) 15:26, August 2, 2011 (UTC)

yea becuse i just said i waht do get unblock plz do not listen to him and i baned him on my wiki —This unsigned comment is by Gumballfan260 (talkcontribs) . Please sign your posts with ~~~~!

This is not a staff matter, plus you were spamming on the Ben 10 Wiki so that was a result of a ONE day block, spamming usaually needs a month or maybe 2 weeks. You blocked me on your wiki because you were mad at me. TheBen10Mazter (Talk -Blog -Contribs) 15:32, August 2, 2011 (UTC)

ok you konw waht im sorry just plz unblock it wont hapeen agin plz —This unsigned comment is by Gumballfan260 (talkcontribs) . Please sign your posts with ~~~~!

Lets take this on the Ben 10 Wiki. TheBen10Mazter (Talk -Blog -Contribs) 15:34, August 2, 2011 (UTC)

plz unblock if you do i prmose i wnt do anthing bad ok? and ok ballgum 15:40, August 2, 2011 (UTC)

Nevermind all that, i unblock him because of a reason and he unblocked me, the problem is resolved. No need to answer to this. TheBen10Mazter (Talk -Blog -Contribs) 15:43, August 2, 2011 (UTC)

yep but he unblock me but i still cant edit ballgum 19:20, August 2, 2011 (UTC)

He can edit now, when i unblock him, i did not remove the IP block so that was keeping him from editing. TheBen10Mazter (Talk -Blog -Contribs) 20:26, August 2, 2011 (UTC)

Please stop continutally posting my talk page here. This page is meant for folks who need help with using Wikia. Local discussions should stay local, and involve the local community. I am happy to help you both with discussing this matter locally, but please contact me on that wiki. Sarah@fandom (help forum | blog) 17:06, August 3, 2011 (UTC)
Sorry, abou that, i told the user several times to go to another wiki, but it seems that he wont listen, though the problem is handled now. TheBen10Mazter (Talk -Blog -Contribs) 17:10, August 3, 2011 (UTC)

Ben 10 Answers

Hi Sarah! Im a editor at the Ben 10 Answers Wiki. I am requesting admin and bureaucrat rights there so i can clean up the massive vandal and innappropriate vandal there. I am also a admin and bureaucrat at the Ben 10 Wiki, the home wiki of Ben 10, where i have 4550 edits there. The wiki is barren and has no admins, the last admin to edit was a year ago. I want these rights so i can clean up all the innappropriate things there, and yes there are MANY things that have to be cleaned up, if you check the the wiki, you will see many things that are not age appropriate. I had to mark many things innappropriate. So can i have these rights so i can promote one other bureaucrat from the Ben 10 Wiki, so he and i can clean up the wiki and make it decent and good again. I am already a admin and bureaucrat at the Ben 10 Wiki and the other Ben 10 Answers Wiki, you can check if you'd like, i have a lot of edits on the Ben 10 Wiki, but on the other answers wiki, i currently have not edited since, the creator of that wiki gave me the rights because i was a great bureaucrat at the Ben 10 Wiki. So thank you. Also please do not redirect me to the adoptions page, because i know i am not eligible to adopt since i was given admin status last month. TheBen10Mazter (Talk -Blog -Contribs) 01:30, August 3, 2011 (UTC)

Why are you here asking Sarah for this? You were granted these rights almost seven hours before posting this. You would have received a notice to that effect in your email. Roads gave you and six others these rights all at the same time.SpikeToronto 03:42, August 3, 2011 (UTC)
Sarah cannot grant rights. If you are not eligible to adopt, you have to wait. Perhaps the person you wanted to promote can instead apply for the rights.--GodPray  04:07,8/3/2011 
Godisme’s advice is good advice. I actually erred above. Apparently, even though they look very similar, (1) http://ben10.answers.wikia.com and (2) http://ben10planet.answers.wikia.com are not the same wiki. TheBen10Mazter is asking for rights on #1 and not on #2, where he got the rights on August 2. #1 is an older, more established wiki with over 4,000 pages, while #2 is a new competing wiki with only 2 pages. Mea culpa.SpikeToronto 04:37, August 3, 2011 (UTC)
The reason i want the rights is because if you take a look at the candidates for deletion, there are a lot of nasty and innapporpriate things that i want to delete, i myself put a few for candidates for deletion, there are A LOT more, i have to say. TheBen10Mazter (Talk -Blog -Contribs) 13:34, August 3, 2011 (UTC)
Ben Sarah's area isn't for granting rights please take this to Community Central:Adoption requests also please try and use cross wiki link not url links ie w:ben10.anwers thanks --Tama63 13:43, August 3, 2011 (UTC)
Read my entire message to Sarah. TheBen10Mazter (Talk -Blog -Contribs) 13:44, August 3, 2011 (UTC)
Hi, The adoptions wiki is the place for this request. I know that you want me to send you there, but the rules exist there for a reason. If you want an exception, you need to ask the staff there, not me. Thank you, Sarah@fandom (help forum | blog) 17:10, August 3, 2011 (UTC)

Userpage

Hi Sarah Manley,

I have been working on layouts for staff talks I've done meg and jen already, if you would like one please leave me a message on my talk :) Tama63 09:51, August 4, 2011 (UTC)

I am good for now - but thanks! Sarah@fandom (help forum | blog) 17:42, August 11, 2011 (UTC)

New Wiki

I decide to make a wiki about Microsoft Sam. Microsoft Sam reads Funny Windows Errors Wiki. Check it out!TheJacobs Wait. LOLA BUNNY! 12:33, August 4, 2011 (UTC)

Awesome - happy editing, Sarah@fandom (help forum | blog) 17:43, August 11, 2011 (UTC)

how

how do you put a chat mode on your wiki plz help me Im the owner of tggest wiki and i what to put a chat mode in it how do i do it plz help Code odd 22:41, August 4, 2011 (UTC)

Go to Special:Wikialabs on your wiki and activate chat.--GodPray  22:45,8/4/2011 
thanksCode odd 22:46, August 4, 2011 (UTC)

The Hunger Games Wiki

Hi, Sarah. Would it be possible for me to be an administrator on the Hunger Games Wiki? The current, one and only administrator, TagAlongPam, is rarely there, and there has been a lot of vandalism stacking up recently, with no one to sort it out. I've voiced my concerns with her, along with others, but she's ignoring her talk page. There is no democratic process on the wiki, so I can't nominate myself. The "community", such as it is, has no interest whatsoever in improving, or expanding the content of the site. All they do is write fan fiction and role-play. As you may already be aware a movie adaptation of the Hunger Games is going to be released at the begining of next year, which will no doubt boost the popularity of the site as it's already being hailed as "the next Harry Potter". I've laid out a complete modern redesign of the wiki's skin which you can view on my test wiki here. I really want to bring the wiki forward, and work with Wikia to arrange things like prize draws, and giveaways, and, hopefully, build an engaged and democratic community. I'm already an administrator on the True Blood Wiki, and I'm sure someone there will vouch for my trustworthiness and competence.

Thank you for your time.

Jayden Matthews 13:56, August 5, 2011 (UTC)

PS: I have not filed this under adoption requests becuse the wiki is not technically inactive. Jayden Matthews 13:59, August 5, 2011 (UTC)

Hi, Please still leave a message on the adoption wiki with this info. Thanks, Sarah@fandom (help forum | blog) 17:44, August 11, 2011 (UTC)

Problem please help.

Hi Sarah,

I'm TooNBaku from Bakugan Wikia. I don't know how but I lost a thousand edits, I was at 12,000 edits and then I was back to 11,000 edits without any warning. I wasn't blocked but I lost my edits. If you know what happened, could you please tell me. Thank you.

Ooh, somebody stop me!!!! 22:13, August 5, 2011 (UTC)

Appears there may have been a bug related to fixing the member since date. I added your example to a ticket. Sorry about that. Sarah@fandom (help forum | blog) 17:52, August 11, 2011 (UTC)

Chat

When I made a user chat mode, I noticed that it said "[chat mod],[non-chat mod] made $2 a chatmod" rather than "[chat mod] made [non-chat mod] a chat moderator. Randomguy3000

Sorry, I am not quite sure what you are referring to. Can you explain a bit more? Sarah@fandom (help forum | blog) 17:54, August 11, 2011 (UTC)

Close Wiki

Hello. I am the founder of Star Wars Roleplay Wiki and I'd like to have it shut down. It's just, I haven't had time for it and I don't really wanna fool with it. Weirdo Guy (talk) 21:17, August 6, 2011 (UTC)

Send a message to Special:Contact but wikis are not usually shut down unless with good reason. They can always be worked on by others.--GodPray  21:21,8/6/2011 

Lost Password

I forgot my password and I don't know to log back on. My real account name is R2-47.—This unsigned comment is by R9-88754 (wallcontribs) . Please sign your posts with ~~~~!

so will ya help me? --R9-88754 22:26, August 6, 2011 (UTC)

contact Fandom Staff and ask them to help.--GodPray  22:31,8/6/2011 

Some thing easier would be just entering your username then click email a new password and you'll get one in your email. --TheBen10Mazter (Talk -Blog -Contribs) 22:36, August 6, 2011 (UTC)

Hi, Please use Special:Contact for these types of issues. Sarah@fandom (help forum | blog) 18:04, August 11, 2011 (UTC)

PASSWORD PROBLEM

Sarah, I forgot my password and I have to get it back. I put no e-mail into my address and my real account is User:R2-47. Please, help me!--67.175.127.44 14:37, August 7, 2011 (UTC)

Special:Contact would be the thing we suggest for these,but since you've got no email to be replied on,....I guess you are out of luck,but wait for an official response anyways:)--Roranoa zoro Talk|||14:40,8/7/2011
Please still send in an email with more details to Special:Contact. Thanks, Sarah@fandom (help forum | blog) 18:08, August 11, 2011 (UTC)

Hello :)

I created a wikia called "Cartoon Doll Emporium Wiki" It's baesed off from a website I play.....

My sister recently tried to register for an account on CDE wikia, and it said "sorry, we are unable to register you at this time" I am the admin and I was wondering If there was a way to fix that...is there?

PrincessBubblegum13 14:52, August 7, 2011 (UTC)PrincessBubblegum13

Hi, The most likely reason for this is that she is not eligible for an account at this time under our terms of use. See http://www.wikia.com/wiki/Wikia:Terms_of_use#Membership for more details. Sarah@fandom (help forum | blog) 18:08, August 11, 2011 (UTC)

Reporting Unfair Block

Hi. I am reporting an unfair block that happened to me. He blocked me for no reason:

[1]

I added a Minifigure Template. Which took a long time. (Ask Monchoman45) and he reverted it, and I was editing the main page. I added a slider about the stuff. Made a HeadingA Template, trying to make it look better, or professional, and he just blocked me. And there was no reason given. Please help. - -- Evanf | talk | contribs

Looks like you are now unblocked and hopefully the situation was figured out. Sarah@fandom (help forum | blog) 18:12, August 11, 2011 (UTC)

Hi, i seem to have a wikia server problem.

Hi, im very new here and im having trouble with my topic in http://exmortis.wikia.com/wiki/Cult_Of_Exmortis. Im trying to change the picture but i cant seem to do it, everytime i add a picture it keeps the old one and i dont see a "change a picture" button so im very lost. I hit revert, having no idea what i just did, and it keeps cpying the same picture and keep the old one as the default. Help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Welcome! - -- Evanf | talk | contribs

Hi, Is this still happening? It may have been that we were having some server issues at that time. If it is, please send in a message to Special:Contact with links to the images that aren't uploading properly. This will help us in investigating. Thanks, Sarah@fandom (help forum | blog) 18:14, August 11, 2011 (UTC)

Warrior Cats Roleplay Wiki

The admins on Warrior Cats Roleplay Wiki are being rude to me and falsely accusing me of things I didn't do. I had a problem and they told me to shut up and go away, and called me a retard. Qazqaz555 20:27, August 8, 2011 (UTC)

Now they blocked me for no reason. They also demand "respect" because I had an "attitude". Please help me! Qazqaz555 20:56, August 8, 2011 (UTC)

It looks like you are no longer blocked - so hopefully you all worked it out. Sarah@fandom (help forum | blog) 21:03, August 19, 2011 (UTC)

badges?

Is there a way to make custom badges, and if so then how?

--- J-Dub 1 from http://jdubwillrise.wikia.com/wiki/J-Dub_will_rise_Wiki

Hi, You can read about customizing the badges here. Sarah@fandom (help forum | blog) 18:25, August 11, 2011 (UTC)

Signature Problem

Hello Sarah. Please weigh in on this issue I am having with a higher up on the Bleach Wikia. I have requested to remove a single letter from the posting of a signature that I find quite offensive from my own talk page only, such that no other user will be harmed in any way, but that I will feel better. In return, the user, who is very nearly an admin, threatened to report me for vandalism if I do so. Thanks! -- 10X Kamehameha

You have to figure it out. Its in the help wiki. Go to your preferences and use the trat sig as a text you added on there.--Ghostytreat 17:39, August 11, 2011 (UTC)
I understand the God versus G-d issue is important for followers of some faiths who are not permitted to even say the name of ____ and so render it as G-d. I do, however, find it odd that, if this is the crux of the matter for you, that you have an interest in the the Bleach Wiki at all since talk of gods and goddesses — other than G-d — is commonplace on it. Also, changing how his sig appears on your talk page will not change it on the scores and scores of other pages at Bleach and all over Wikia where you will encounter it. You will still see it … practically everywhere you turn … Anyway, I don’t like his sig either, because I think it egotistical and arrogant, which is why I always refer to him instead by his full username without spaces; then, it’s just a “handle”, a nonsensical nickname. Nonetheless, I live with how it appears on my screen, the rendering of the actual sig. Life is about compromise and coexistence. So, here’s a compromise: Why not just archive threads on your talkpage in which he has participated as soon as those discussions have concluded? Out of sight, out of mind. It ain’t perfect, but it’s an idea worth considering. — SpikeToronto 07:32, August 11, 2011 (UTC)

It's a good idea, and thanks for the reasonable response. However, this is just one of many times I am being specifically targeted. On the Bleach Wiki, we are not allowed to remove content from my own talk page for any reason, which is something anyone can do on Wikipedia and most Wikias. Despite this, friends of G-disme are allowed to do so, such as SunXia, who can do things like remove posts and have an edit summary of, "Do not want offensive talk on my talk page," which was from earlier today. All I ask is for fair treatment and minor control over my own userspace. 10X Kamehameha

Okay, enough of this. You were given the option to archive your talk page and you did not take it. SunXia removed your message from her talk page because it was clear abuse and you insulted her. We have a policy that you are not to remove content from your talk page unless in cases of personal attacks, spam or vandalism. You attacked Sun, therefore she could remove that. Ever since you came to Bleach Wiki, you have done nothing but cause trouble and insult our wiki. If you do not like how things are done there, you do not have to be there. We have tried to remain civil throughout this but you instead turned to insulting Bleach Wiki right on your own talk page. If you do not want to see the word God, archive your talk page. You are not modifying my signature.--GodPray  17:51,8/11/2011 

That message was to you. You said I didn't know anything about templates, so I informed you that it was disrespectful to say so and showed you how to do what you thought was impossible. I never said a word to SunXia, stop lying about me. 10X Kamehameha

Not only that, but as Godisme's sig is a template, it's not technically feasible to remove one character from one page. You'd disrupt the entire jobqueue, and judging from the fact that you openly block people on Dragonball wiki simply for editing on bleach, I don't think you have the grounds to request something that would require bleach users to go out of their way to help you.  Monchoman45  Talk  Contribs  Skystone  18:00,8/11/2011 

"'openly block people on Dragonball wiki simply for editing on bleach" - that is a lie and the link is not even related to your claim. The user said they were blocked by someone other than me (PrinceZarbon), and did not say why. That user was blocked from DB Wiki by PrinceZarbon for being a sock puppet. 10X Kamehameha

Sarah, I could use help pretty urgently. This issue has evolved to basically a flame war of multiple users ganging up on harassing me on my talk page, through both insults and actually reverting my own replies, due apparently to my religious beliefs, and the resulting desire to censor probably a total of 10 characters total on my own talk page. I would like it if I could just chat with an individual admin there, rather than be rushed by half their usership, but no body of leadership there has stepped up to clean this up. Help! 10X Kamehameha

Yes, me replying to your unfounded claims on my user talk page, it is very abusive, as long as talking civilly is abuse!! You are leaving messages on my talk page deliberately trying to intimidate me listed as "Your Confusion" but this is slanderous as I know when somebody is slinging names on my page so I am in no way confused!! Please do not spread lies when you left the message on my talk page and then vandalised it multiple times, and then proceeded to leave more messages on my page even when warned to drop the subject by Admins!! SunXia (Chat) 20:14, August 11, 2011 (UTC)

True things are not slander. You were/are confused, since you were getting all defensive and claiming I was harassing you somehow. In reality, I was not even talking to you, I was talking to G-disme. And calling him disrespectful after he insulted me is not abuse. As for "vandalizing your talk page," I was not. I left a message and you deleted it, which is not allowed on Bleach Wiki. Read some of this topic above for details, or check out the Bleach Wiki policy pages. Even if something on your own talk page offends you, such as a single letter, (or in the case of your actions multiple posts), you have to leave it. P.S. Yyp told you to stop harassing me and you agreed, so please stop now. 10X Kamehameha
You've entirely missed the point: As I said earlier, it is not technically feasible to do what you've asked. As such it will not be done. If it bothers you, leave Bleach wiki. If you absolutely can't get over it, send a message to Special:Contact and have staff deal with it directly that way. There's no reason to spam Sarah with "you have new messages" bubbles.  Monchoman45  Talk  Contribs  Skystone  22:51,8/11/2011 

It's not just feasible, I already made the replacement template for him and showed it to him for review on his user talk page. 10X Kamehameha

You put that on my page and everyone, including Salubri btw, agreed you were in the wrong!! He just thought your issue wasn't worth mentioning!! I am not harassing you I am defending myself against lies!! SunXia (Chat) 23:08, August 11, 2011 (UTC)

Salubri didn't say a thing, why would you lie like that? And I was talking to G-disme, not you, so I hope that clears that up for you. 10X Kamehameha

Okay, enough of this already the issue is resolved. 10x, if you want to see what Salubri said, check the chat archives. As for the template, no its still not feasible as when I sign, it autoplaces my sig template on the page, if you implemented your template, it would screw with mine and violate the policy of not tampering with other people's posts. This is a done issue now everyone stop commenting, that goes for 10x, Moncho and Sun.--GodPray  23:16,8/11/2011 

G-disme, as the prime perpetrator, you do not have the authority to tell me not to follow up on this. There is inequality in user rights being put in place by you and others, and I would like Sarah to look into it. Also, I made a template on a different page that i could manually place. I recognize that not everyone has equal technical expertise, but I am very experienced and it would be a flawless replacement on just my page. 10X Kamehameha

How am I a perpetrator? I have done nothing wrong here other than inform you of Bleach Wiki's policies which you refuse to follow. Im sorry you dont like seeing the word God but you went to a wiki where the main character is a death god. You also had no problem with my signature a month ago last time you ran amok on Bleach wiki. This is not a staff issue but a local issue. If you feel some great offense has been done to you contact Fandom Staff which you were already told to do. There is no reason to continue spamming Sarah's talk page. You are taking this issue far out of proportion when it was a clear case of you wanting to break our rules and us telling you you were not allowed to.--GodPray  23:40,8/11/2011 

No no no, the issue is you harassing me and other users who are new to the site with insults and lies. You selectively enforce the rules as you please, reverting some "offensive" edits, but re-inserting others. Lying will do you no good at this point, as Wikia will be looking into this. 10X Kamehameha

They are not lying, they are putting out the truths. This is getting out of hand. Sun's remarks are far more civil than yours to look at. Calling other people's messages vandalism is much worse than things like hypocrite, which was a true statement that had no insults contained, yet you somehow took offense. Your message on Sunxia's talk page was looking for trouble with its patronizing tone, ie: "Your Confusion." If you believe you are the victim of some great evil, then why don't you take a step back and try and see your own messages from our viewpoint? Reevaluate yourself first before accusing us of any more. Aeron Solo wuz here (If you wanna talk) 00:06, August 12, 2011 (UTC)

Just to clear things up, SunXia called me a vandal, which I agree is worse, and I called him a hypocrite. Maybe we both called each other things, but be assured that it's not just a one-way track. Which is why I would like Sarah to clear things up, and why commenting here isn't helping. I'd have to be pretty dense to vandalize something and then ask staff to look at it. Whereas trying to get the staff not to look, as others have done here, is highly suspicious. What's the harm if you've done nothing wrong? 10X Kamehameha

We haven't done anything wrong. I invite them to look. Look at how you insulted our very wiki, posted an absuive comment on Sun's talk page, called Sun a vandal for posting on the wiki, and how not one but two admins have taken our side, not to mention how several people have taken issue to what you have been saying. If this many people have taken offense, there must be something wrong with your own conduct, no? Aeron Solo wuz here (If you wanna talk) 00:21, August 12, 2011 (UTC)

I have barely interacted with you at all, I have no idea why you would start here of all places. On sun's page, I was talking to G-disme, and sun got confused and thought I was talking to him/her. It escalated from there, with him/her immediately reverting my comment in his/her confusion, since he/she thought that my comment was unwarranted. It would have been if it was directed toward sun, but it wasn't. Both admins have remained entirely neutral, asking all parties to stop. So, I could correctly infer they not one but two admins have taken my side (as well as yours), and that there must be something wrong with a lot of the user conduct on that site. Just let Sarah look into it herself. 10X Kamehameha

And how is that not patronizing? You went and called her confused flat out. No "let me explain" first. You insulted God with "I know about templated signatures more than you," which may not have been abusive to Sun but was abusive to God in a way that called him stupid, Sun reverted it because it sounded like you were talking to her, and then you went and created a new post that says "your confusion." It looks scornful, it sounds scornful, and a person not initially involved like me finds it very rude. Also, the Admins have been saying that we were right. "There is no need for God and Sun to change their conduct," "There is no issue with Godisme's signature." You were looking for trouble when you went and talked on SunXia's page to God about changing his signature. Not only that, you just now insulted all our well-handled user conduct by saying there was something wrong with it when we have, as you can see, been very successful as a wikia using that same conduct. Maybe if you considered your word choice a second time to edit out patronizing tone, I would have nothing to say. But as it is? No dice. Aeron Solo wuz here (If you wanna talk) 01:04, August 12, 2011 (UTC)

Actually, first G-disme said that I didn't know anything at all about templates because what I proposed was impossible. I went on to explain that I knew of a way to deal with the signature problem, which meant that I knew more about that technical area. It's not an insult that I know more, that's just how it turned out for this case. SunXia was indeed confused, since he/she thought that I was talking to him/her, when I actually was not. Being confused every now and then is nothing to be ashamed of. Personally, no offense, but I'm not really looking for an opinion from you, just from Sarah. I feel highly attacked since I didn't say anything about you, but you are jumping in about me. Also, your admins just went and specifically told a few choice users to stop talking about this, since they would not. I was not given the same warning, I didn't need it. Perhaps you should cool off for a while, and just wait for Wikia Central to look into this, like I would like to. 10X Kamehameha

What he meant was that it was impossible to correct the template itself. You pointed out the large and drastic solution: replacing all the templates with new ones, which is far different from correcting the template. You do not know more than God, you are simply willing to stretch the rules as far as they can be stretched. If you feel attacked, then I am sorry, but I was very hurt by several of your comments, however indirect they may be. I don't care that you don't believe you have attacked me, you attacked Bleach Wiki and my friends, and that is enough for me to feel the need to enter. You weren't told to stop because we knew you wouldn't stop. I completely feel like leaving it up to Wikia Central to look into it, but I still want to put in my two cents.

Sarah, I am sorry that it has come to this. If you really want to look into it, the problem mainly spans across these four pages: On Bleach wiki: Godisme's User talk, Yyp's User talk, SunXia's User talk, and10x Kamehameha's User talk, although SunXia and 10x Kamehameha have archived the entire situation. I might as well summarize the situation. 10x Kamehameha attacked our wiki by saying that as it is, it's not a "True Wiki", and Godisme took offense to that. The situation on 10x's talk page began to spiral out of control after that, and it only worsened when 10x abruptly asked God, on his user talk, if he could change his signature. The changing of any post other than your own is against user policy on Bleach Wiki, however 10x felt like he had the need to challenge that. Other people joined in on the discussion, and at some point 10x went onto SunXia's User talk and said that he obviously knew better than God when it came to templates, which basically called God stupid. and Sun reverted his edits because she detected abuse in the comment. Then 10x rebuked her for that, with a patronizing header of "Your confusion", which anyone could take as a wise old man patronizingly telling a young child that they know better, and then Sun began to get fierce and rather stingy in her messages as a result. Eventually, 10x went to the Admins Yyp and Salubri on the issue. Yyp specifically told 10x not to change God's signature, and it should have ended there. Somehow, it didn't. 10x still challenged Yyp's word, and then it got even worse. Yyp gave a specific order for everyone to stop, and they did for ten minutes, but then 10x flared up again when Sun was offhandedly voicing her afterthoughts about the whole thing on God's talk page and in a comment while archiving the whole incident, and then it went back onto Yyp's talk page. Salubri jumped in and asserted that what was going on was not harrassment. Despite this, 10x still wishes to challenge all of us.

That's our side of the story. I hope that was somewhat helpful. It may not be my place to say so, but I am sorry for any inconvenience and trouble that this whole issue may cause you. It has given many of us at Bleach Wiki a headache, therefore I cannot imagine what it would be for you. Aeron Solo wuz here (If you wanna talk) 04:50, August 12, 2011 (UTC)

I did not suggest changing his siganture template, I asked permission to replace it with a new one that I volunteered to do myself, and only on my own talk page. Some of my messages have been deleted by others which may skew the overall conversation that you have read, which is not your fault. G-disme did not think it was possible, or else just wanted to insult me. Remember that while I claimed I knew more, he claimed I knew nothing first. If me saying I knew more was caling him stupid, then him saying I know nothing must be the equivalnet of him telling me I'm a stupid idiot moron. Obviously he knows that I know something due to my admin postion on the more used DB Wiki, so it was just an uncalled for lie and insult.
As for the categorization situation, I repeated over and over that it was not meant as an insult, and I even said that the referencing is better than most. However, since the Bleach Wiki chooses to actively limit social interaction, by doing things like not allowing new users any more than a few edits in their own userspace, I believe the policies in place detract greatly from the potential of the site. I made these comments in a one on one conversation, and only when specifically asked my opinion about the Wiki. It has good info, but the policies stop it from being as social as the current overall Wikia direction.
Additionally, the Policy & Standards "Committee" consists of four active members, and in the recent past was even smaller. These individuals are responsible for making up the rules, interpreting them, and enforcing them as they see fit. In my experience, this has resulted in abuse of power, specifically by G-disme, who treats new site members as if they are lesser than other committee members by doing things like calling their ideas "junk" after their first few posts, and deleting the posts (this was not me, but another user). The community at large cannot affact new or old policies whatsoever, and cannot get on the committee without the committee's approval. The committe page states that "It is generally advisable that people other than committee members not post on this page unless it is to ask questions about policy, point out mistakes, etc.' Because of this, the community at large is under the complete control of only a few members, so long as the committee wills it. There are no checks and balances whatsoever. Obviously this is an extremely flawed system that was bound to result in corruption, and clearly had.
"10x flared up again when Sun was offhandedly voicing her afterthoughts." That's one way to put it. Another is that SunXia was told by an admin not to harass me, and she did it anyway, three more times, so I reported her to the admin. My "flare up" was limited to one independent post on an admin's talk page. After me reporting her, I was attacked on that admin's talk page, so I had to write a few responses akin to the earlier sentences of this paragraph. The admin previously told me that if I was insulted again to tell him on his talk page, and that is exactly what I did. I didn't respond to said insults or talk to anyone but the admin, and the people who attacked me afterward on his talk page.
"You weren't told to stop because we knew you wouldn't stop." I'm afraid this is just plain wrong. Facts: the request to stop sent to the others involved was sent after the last post I made to anyone on Bleach Wiki, and I have not talked to anyone on the site regarding the issue since. As for "we", you must mean Salubri, because it was just him asking them. As for knowing I wouldn't stop, that falls short since I did, and before he had to ask the others. Again, I request that you let Sarah look into this rather than just attacking me, whether or not you feel justified in doing so.
You seem a reasonable person and I trust that you can see what's happening here. You attempt to convince me I am wrong, and I tell you that I am convinced I am right. Since I control my beliefs, and since I promise you I cannot be swayed without the external intervention I seek here, please be patient and let me seek it. I will do whatever Wikia Central tells me is appropriate. 10X Kamehameha

Sound's pretty much like a dictatorship over there, 10X ;)  SSJ4 Lewich  talk  contribs  11:38, August 13, 2011 (UTC)
Say what you will, but take note that 10X has, despite all claims of the admins and committee being corrupt, not been blocked yet. Thought I'd point that out.Aeron Solo wuz here (If you wanna talk) 23:57, August 14, 2011 (UTC)
I've actually heard quite a few "stories" of the Bleach Wiki, and the way in which it's "run". None of them good.  SSJ4 Lewich  talk  contribs  00:06, August 15, 2011 (UTC)

Enough of this. Everyone stop. Do I need to block anyone who comments any further? The issue is done, staff are aware, they are bus next week but will respond when they get a chance. Stop spamming Sarah's talk page or I will block you here.--GodPray  00:15,8/15/2011 

Lol! Your going to block people for writing on talk pages "too often". That just says it all.  SSJ4 Lewich  talk  contribs  01:18, August 15, 2011 (UTC)

Hi Everyone! I'm on Wikia's Community Support Team. We don't have a problem with Godisme's name or signature, and we will not be enforcing anything against it (especially not on Community Central). Local wiki policies are a separate issue, and we expect people to respect those policies when they are on those wikis. If someone isn't respecting your local wiki policies, you're welcome to block them. Flame wars are a waste of energy that could otherwise be spent improving your wikis, though, so please back off, leave it alone, and move on. Good luck! --Dopp WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 00:51, August 16, 2011 (UTC)

Thank you for the input. -- 10X Kamehameha

HalliwellManorAkaDsc385

Can you please block User:Shanebeckam on Charmedlegacy wiki? He continues coming on my wiki, harassing me and continuing to be nothing more than a cyber bully. Thanks! HalliwellManorAkaDsc385 16:37, August 11, 2011 (UTC)

Are you an admin? If so, you may block him by going to Special:Block .

Gho8233 19:51, August 11, 2011 (UTC)

Uh no hes not. Sarah revoked it because of vandalism.--Ghostytreat 02:47, August 12, 2011 (UTC)

Then why is he asking? -- Evanf | talk | contribs

It looks like you are both going back and forth at each other there. Please take a break from the wiki if you are having issues with other users. In the future, please send these types of messages to Special:Contact. Best, Sarah@fandom (help forum | blog) 21:13, August 19, 2011 (UTC)

Request

Can you please delete this wiki? It have the same topic as Bakugan Wiki and it is also have a wrong info. Thanks!

Brianultimatedragon My Talk Page My Blog 07:20, August 15, 2011 (UTC)

Hey,I dont "think" the staff will delete wikis just because there are other wikis about the same topic,since there are many wikis about same topics and the staff haven't deleted 'em..--Roranoa zoro Talk|||08:10,8/15/2011
Wiki closing and adjustments requests should be sent to Special:Contact. Thanks, Sarah@fandom (help forum | blog) 21:14, August 19, 2011 (UTC)

Moderation requested

Moderation requested for FFXIAnswers, it is currently being abused with questions that don't fit to be asked by a user unregistered. Please help Vanillite 20:29, August 16, 2011 (UTC)

Have you gotten in touch with the local admins? Is there a specific user or just ips? (also did you contact vstf yet? Sarah@fandom (help forum | blog) 21:25, August 19, 2011 (UTC)

help?

Hi Sarah

Firstly let me say thanks for the net seminar was good.

Secondly. is there a position that could be put on a wiki for say a prgoject managers. So we can list people in charge of various areas/projects. We are also redesigning our wiki and with the influx of new things for the game are working on different things. I now have a team small as it may be. but we want to assign projects/tasks and get it back up to speed and changed to how we have layed out our plans. Hopefully it will be the best source of information on the game on the net. It already is better than other sites in some areas. Thanks for your support--wildecoyote Howdy Pardner leave a message here  05:24,8/17/2011  05:24, August 17, 2011 (UTC)

If you just want to list who is in charge of what, use the project namespace. To see an example, see here. If that is not what you wanted can you be a little clearer?--GodPray  05:27,8/17/2011 
Hi, Yes I am a bit unsure what exactly you are referring to. If you could provide some examples or links that would help. Sarah@fandom (help forum | blog) 21:59, August 19, 2011 (UTC)

When I was editing my page I clicked notifications and it said

All contributions to MLB Wiki are considered to be released under the CC-BY-SA (see Wikia:Licensing for details).

Yep - did you have a question related to this? Sarah@fandom (help forum | blog) 21:59, August 19, 2011 (UTC)

Silly mediawiki messages

User rights page
Look at this. Someone changed the message to the user rights page and its silly. Go look at it and goof with it.--Ghostytreat 01:07, August 19, 2011 (UTC)
Yep definitely looks interesting ;) Sarah@fandom (help forum | blog) 22:01, August 19, 2011 (UTC)
I think so but somehow i just wondered why there was a lot of light in that wiki and caused some sparkles. That was DaNASCAT that made it so bright it could have revoked our rights and that was not fair. That i was lucky i had the user rights earlier but somehow its this:
Sparkled light and rights removal records

and my user rights are static and Gold and i could not believe it. That was silly.--Ghostytreat 00:35, August 20, 2011 (UTC)

Help Me Please

Hey Sarah, could you please help me with getting a slider on my wiki.

Thanks, --HerzyTalk 06:12, August 19, 2011 (UTC)

That you have to go to the help wiki. The help wiki is ment for to help you on everything that you don't know how to do.--Ghostytreat 14:56, August 19, 2011 (UTC)
Yep you can learn more here. Let me know if you have any further trouble (and remember to provide a link to where you are editing). Sarah@fandom (help forum | blog) 22:03, August 19, 2011 (UTC)

New editor problem on Ikariam wiki

I have no problem with adding new images -- that works fine, but if I want to make a change to the image page (add or remove text / change licenses / etc ) I can not save those changes.

The publish button has a dull text color instead of the normal white - and I can click on it till my fingers go numb and nothing will happen, so I have to:

1. Turn off the editor
  2. Edit the image file
  3. Save the image file
  4. Turn the editor back on
  5. Go about editing the wiki like normal unless I need to edit another image file.

-- (M o r p h | C | T) 629 contributions and counting. 20:47, August 22, 2011 (UTC)

I left you a response on your wiki. I think this might be a local issue since I haven't experienced it anywhere else yet. Sarah@fandom (help forum | blog) 21:06, August 22, 2011 (UTC)
Local problem found - fixed for now!
It is a shame that we, the users of the wikis and not Wikia, have to give up more / more of our scripts / personalizations, because of the new skin and the new features for the skin, that Wikia decided had to be made. -- (M o r p h | C | T) 629 contributions and counting. 21:26, August 22, 2011 (UTC)

hi

Hi Sarah

Just a couple of things.

When we had both The Pioneer Trail Wiki and Frontierville Wiki I was notified of any changes to The Pioneer Trail Wiki. now that we have merged/ renamed and replace I don't get that notification. Is it possible to get that notification again for the current Wiki please?

Also is it possible for a basic information page on the Community Council to be created please?

--wildecoyote Howdy Pardner leave a message here  01:53,8/23/2011 

Can you help me become a admin on the Dragon Ball AF Fanon wiki... i made a request a couple days ago but no answer....

Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.