FANDOM

m (I'm sorry...)
(Offensive Image: new section)
Line 418: Line 418:

So anyway, I'm the administrator of [[w:c:vgcats|VG Cats Wiki]]. Unfortunately, when I was [[Special:ThemeDesigner|making the theme]] ''something went wrong''. The wikia's New Wikia Look mode seems to have mucked up. Is there anyway you can revert it to the default NWL so I can edit it into something reasonable? [[User:Manga Maniac|Manga Maniac]] 23:15, October 15, 2010 (UTC)

So anyway, I'm the administrator of [[w:c:vgcats|VG Cats Wiki]]. Unfortunately, when I was [[Special:ThemeDesigner|making the theme]] ''something went wrong''. The wikia's New Wikia Look mode seems to have mucked up. Is there anyway you can revert it to the default NWL so I can edit it into something reasonable? [[User:Manga Maniac|Manga Maniac]] 23:15, October 15, 2010 (UTC)
  +
  +
== Offensive Image ==
  +
  +
[[File:Sarah's_way.jpg|thumb|The offensive image]]Hello, Sarah Manley! I recently saw an offensive image, if you see it you will defenetly be offended plus it does not just offend you but also christianity despite the picture has You and Jesus Christ. Please delete it imediantly and block the uploader. [[:File:Sarah's way.jpg|Here it is]]
  +
  +
  +
--[[User:Nobody Cares|<span style="text-shadow: 1px 3px 9px gray;"><font face="megalopolis" color="magenta">'''Nobody Cares'''</font></span>]]{{SUBST:Email|Nobody Cares}} 07:06, October 16, 2010 (UTC)

Revision as of 07:06, October 16, 2010

See Adoption requests to request admin or bureaucrat rights on an inactive wiki.
See Spotlights to request a spotlight.

Archives

Welcome

Hello, I am a community Manager here at Wikia. Please add new messages to the bottom, thanks :)

If you're looking for help, you can leave a message for me here or visit our help page. If you have an idea for a new wiki, please create one!

Hello Sarah:

Thanks for letting back in VegaDark is a wonderful person. He did the right thing by me suspended me from using the Wikia.

Just watch me on this one

John

Project Pages

Hi, this is Midnitesky. I was wondering if you know how to create "Project Pages", which the wikis I've been to all have. I need some help on that for my own wiki. So I hope you can help me! Thanks, User:Midnitesky/Sig 20:26, September 27, 2010 (UTC)

Hi Midnitesky, I am not quite sure what you are referring to. Can you link an example here? Thanks, Sarah@fandom (Help Forum) (blog) 20:44, October 1, 2010 (UTC)

Your request of feedback

Sorry to bring this to your page, but I did not receive any reply regarding it on the blog. On the Experience the new Wikia blog, you wrote:

"The right sidebar, containing content modules such as recently added images or Wikia activity, will appear on all wiki pages. We would love to hear what other modules the community is interested in having there, so please feel free to let us know using the feedback tool or special contact. We’re currently thinking about future modules which might for example allow to include infoboxes or other article specific information here. As for the Go link issue, please see Tim’s comment below. Thanks!"

Being able to place the infoboxes in there is a very nice (partial) solution to one of the major problems (and sources of complaints against you). Infoboxes and other large things like that (or long tables of content/toc with long headings) are just not practical with this new look. I am all for this if it is technically feasible. Please have your tech guys give serious consideration to this.

However, I fear that your post on that blog is going to be lost under the torrent of posts about the skin. This is already on page 3 of the blog's comments and not that many people are going to go back that far when reading over the blog. So if you are serious about asking for user feedback on this, please create a new blog post dedicated to this or have it edited into the blog post itself (rather than have it as a comment), so that people will actually see it. Thanks ~~Ууp <talk> 22:19, September 27, 2010 (UTC)

HI Yyp, thanks for reposting your feedback here. There has been a ton of activity there, but we are reading and noting feedback we are getting. We will continue to post there, and will definitely ask for more feedback on future changes and products. Thanks, Sarah@fandom (Help Forum) (blog) 20:48, October 1, 2010 (UTC)

Need help.

Hello, I am User:CleanWater28 and I need help on my wiki. Do you know my wiki? It's "Shows Wiki". Template:Signatures/CleanWater28

Weclome to Wikia! What kind of help do you need? happy editing, Sarah@fandom (Help Forum) (blog) 20:49, October 1, 2010 (UTC)

Beta Questions

Sarah, I saw the Recent Changes and I saw you adding users to the Beta program. The one question I have is that I recieved an email on August 25 asking if I wanted to participiate in the Beta Program, and if I wanted to all I had to do was reply. I replied stating "Yes I will be more than happy to participate in the Beta Testing program and follow the agreements listed." However I never got a response to my message and I assumed that you had reached your limits on the beta program. So I hope you can clear up any confusion that I'm having. Thanks in advance. Lancer1289 21:25, September 30, 2010 (UTC)

Hi Lancer1289. It appears that they never received the agreement back from you. If you resend it, I can help to get you the rights. Best, Sarah@fandom (Help Forum) (blog) 21:03, October 1, 2010 (UTC)
I just resent the email, so hopefully this time you'll get it. Fingers crossed. Lancer1289 02:29, October 2, 2010 (UTC)
Sorry but if you haven't gotten it by tomorrow, can you just post something here just so I know that you didn't get it. Thanks in advance Sarah. Lancer1289 02:43, October 2, 2010 (UTC)
Hi Lancer1289, sorry to get back you just now. Anyone can access the new look now, just go into your preferences and switch to the new look on your skin tab. Enjoy! Sarah@fandom (Help Forum) (blog) 21:24, October 7, 2010 (UTC)

Stop please

Stop please. Everyone gets an Email that his or her rights have changed --Church of emacs 21:44, September 30, 2010 (UTC)

I don't mind changing user rights for people, but I do consider emailing *everyone* with a confirmed email address spam. Please disable the email system for user rights changes and enable it again, after you're done. Thanks, --Church of emacs 21:49, September 30, 2010 (UTC)
Church of emacs, only users who were switched into the beta group should have gotten an email about the rights change. If you want to change your email preferences, please visit your preferences and make that adjustment. Sarah@fandom (Help Forum) (blog) 20:55, October 1, 2010 (UTC)

Beta

Sarah: Why have I been placed in a Beta group? And without being asked? And what's with the forced makeover?

I am on a dialup connection on an older computer. I have no business being asked to beta-test anything except, perhaps, backwards compatibility. If this change to our Wikiae involves flashy shiny eye candy, my system will not support it--I will not support it. Do you know anyone on the Yahoo Groups team? --Because about 700,000 Yahoo Groups members and moderators just taught them an expensive lesson about forced conversions. (See Yahoo Groups Team blog for details, if you're interested.)

Please leave the option for a low-bandwidth skin, and please remove my Wikia from the Beta group. Thank you. Aldus Marius Peregrinus 01:22, October 1, 2010 (UTC)

Hello Aldus, We added all admins on English wikis in the Lifestyle hub, since that will be the first group switched onto the new skin. We wanted to give you time to test out the new skin and use the theme designer. If you want me to remove your beta right, I can do so. Just let me know here. Best, --Sarah@fandom (Help Forum) (blog) 20:55, October 1, 2010 (UTC)

Thank you for the beta right

Thanks for the beta right wikia staff.--30px(-My user page / my talk page-)30pxMonster2821 21:46, September 30, 2010 (UTC)

Enjoy the new look! Sarah@fandom (Help Forum) (blog) 20:55, October 1, 2010 (UTC)

Hi Sarah

Hi Sarah I Just Created A New Wiki Called The Combat Arms Fan Fiction Wiki When I Go onto google and type the combat arms fan fiction wiki in i see no link why?--Charukboy3000 23:05, September 30, 2010 (UTC)

Welcome to Wikia Charukboy3000! It can take a while for a wiki to show up in google searches. We have a bunch of advice on how to improve your search results here. Enjoy! Sarah@fandom (Help Forum) (blog) 20:58, October 1, 2010 (UTC)

Cheers serah

thanks for inviting me to be a beta tester I am honored --Owen1983 23:39, October 1, 2010 (UTC)

in depth feedback

new wiki look what do i think

the old style has been with us for quire a while now its good but the new look is smarter and more functional with the old style wider images had to be scaled down the bonuses with this it is wider I hope this is adopted--Owen1983 00:24, October 2, 2010 (UTC)

Emergency.

Sarah,

Please, can you delete this site http://lavalit.wikia.com/wiki/Lavalit_Wiki ? Can you make it as soon as possible?User_talk:Ericard 09:30, October 3, 2010 (UTC)

Hi, it appears it has been closed already. Best, Sarah@fandom (Help Forum) (blog) 21:26, October 7, 2010 (UTC)

Zombie Fanon Wikia

Hey Sarah,

It's Bobzombie. I'm from the Zombie Fanon Wikia ( here ). And I was wondering if I could become the admin there. Thanks, Bob.

Hi Bob, we have a page where you can apply to adopt the wiki. Cheers, Sarah@fandom (Help Forum) (blog) 21:32, October 7, 2010 (UTC)

Where are my Discussion Pages

Hi Sarah, I am the founder of Pocket Frogs Wiki and I was wondering where the discussion tabs are for my pages? I would prefer these to the comments section down the bottom. Sexy Farmer 12:32, October 6, 2010 (UTC)

Hi, is this a new wiki? If so, then you need to send a message to Special:contact with your request. Thanks, Sarah@fandom (Help Forum) (blog) 21:32, October 7, 2010 (UTC)

Database error

Since this is Wikia (a.k.a. Community Central), a user from another wiki told me that the <poll> thing doesn't work on my wiki because the database on this wiki is low and updating. What should I do? - Drilly Dilly 14:22, October 6, 2010 (UTC)

new pictures link

hi, is it possible to get the new pictures link back on the home page of a wikia?

Which link are you referring to and on what wiki? Sarah@fandom (Help Forum) (blog) 21:32, October 7, 2010 (UTC)
on the old skin there was a button in the sidebar named new pictures that linked to the gallery. now the only way i can find it is going into a page and then its in a box on the right hand side where i have to click see more in order to get to it.

I Hope You're Happy

You have officially turned Wikia sites into a piece of crap. I don't care how many "people" like this new skin, it's horrible. And the "small" group of people that want Monaco to stay is not small, it's most of the Wikia community. If you keep up these so-called improvements, so many people will leave Wikia it's not even funny. If you actually listened to us, you'd know that. So what if not everyone knows CSS or whatever? It doesn't matter, they could have used the RichText editor, or live preview, or whatever it's called. This is the worst thing you could have done. The Winx Club Wiki'sskin doesn't even work anymore! The banner style apparently can't make the transition to the new skin (If you want to see it look good, switch over to Monaco). Roxy13~Dad, I'm a fairy! 19:13, October 6, 2010 (UTC)

There's an old Saying, if it's not Broken, don't fix it. Wikia, Ya'll have just broken it--Spam 19:27, October 6, 2010 (UTC)

Yeah. And if y'all don't fix it, WIKIA USERS WILL LEAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did I say it loud enough for it to get through your thick skulls yet? Roxy13~Dad, I'm a fairy! 19:36, October 6, 2010 (UTC)

The new look causes headaches for users due to the fact the text is too cramped, it is placed on one side (The left) and as such is uses the weaker eye, thus causing headaches, unless you plan to give free pain killers to users i sugest you change this. The Width desolates articles and degrades the overall look of a wiki. The loss of the side bar makes it difficult to navigate the wiki. The In-your-face ads are an eye sore and also contrubute to the headaches, i can note several people including myself who canont use the wiki because of this.

The overall opinion on IRC is MOVE or burn Oasis, lots of wiki are now voting to move due to the damage you have caused by the creation of this inneficient and Obsolte skin. Halo fanon along with many wiki that just want to wrtie down their ideas find the look to be repulsive and moves them off from wanting to write.

And a now favourite phrase has become very relevant "If it ain't broke don't fix it" Also i apoligise for putting this on your talk page. Echo 1125 19:41, October 6, 2010 (UTC)

Don't bother apologizing. She's just as much responsible for the crappy new skin as the rest of'em are. Roxy13~Dad, I'm a fairy! 19:44, October 6, 2010 (UTC)

The problems you are cause with eyesight can be counted as a health risk, unless you add a Health risk warning i think you can be sued if i am not mistaken.

I think that wikia will lose a lot of respect for this, seeing as they are mainly doing this for what? Bigger advertisements... I'm glad to see that you depend so much on irrelevant advertising. --RichardRHunt 20:07, October 6, 2010 (UTC)

In fact I know that Wikia will lose a lot of respect for this.--RichardRHunt 20:10, October 6, 2010 (UTC)
Thanks for your feedback. We are taking and answering questions on the new look on the staff blog list. Best, Sarah@fandom (Help Forum) (blog) 21:32, October 7, 2010 (UTC)

Headline Edit Function

Sarah, something that we at the Mass Effect Wiki noticed with the new skin is that level four headlines (====) and below no longer have an edit function. Since we use Level four and even level five headlines on our wiki, we are curious if this is a bug or a feature. For an example of what I mean, please see here. Thanks in advance for a response. Lancer1289 20:29, October 7, 2010 (UTC)

I already filled out a report on Ghostbusters Wiki/ever wiki I see. seems the headlines are all looking the same now.
Yeah Massive effect is suffering from it too. Devilmanozzy (Talk Page) 20:58, October 7, 2010 (UTC)

Navigation bar

Hello Sarah! Help me please. Why in Jackass wiki abyss navigation bar? --Black Label___Болтовня 15:56, October 8, 2010 (UTC)

Hi, we have a help page hereabout the new navigation bar. Sarah@fandom (Help Forum) (blog) 21:22, October 11, 2010 (UTC)

Hi, Sarah. Can I ask if I can become an admin on Winx Club Fanon Wikia?BloomPurple11-Fire Arrow 07:53, October 9, 2010 (UTC)

You can apply to adopt a wiki here. Best of luck, Sarah@fandom (Help Forum) (blog) 21:22, October 11, 2010 (UTC)

Color Code

Hi Sarah
What happen to the color code list?
There was a color code list with all color code & color list. I need the color code & list for coloring my wikia page.

I know there: Blue, Pink, Black, Yellow, Green, Lime, Orange, Purple, &
Gold.
I need the other color that is listed on this Wikia Site.
I found the color code page a few week ago & now i lost the page link.
Can you please give me a link to the Color Code page?
Thank
ICarlyFan2009 (Edmund) 22:07, October 9, 2010 (UTC)

Hi, you can now use the Theme designer to add colors to your wiki. You can find a list of hex codes here if you want to choose a color that you don't see there. Sarah@fandom (Help Forum) (blog) 21:22, October 11, 2010 (UTC)

AH wiki

Smoggy80 has Blocked me becuse she doesn't like my edits and she has removed my edits can u help --Owen1983 22:49, October 9, 2010 (UTC)

What wikis is this on? Have you contacted the other admins there, or left a message for her on your talk page? Sarah@fandom (Help Forum) (blog) 21:22, October 11, 2010 (UTC)

Locking all pages

Hello there,

I am director of QuakeWiki, a wikia based on the Quake game series. Is there a way to lock all pages at once so that they can only be edited by people who have made an account? I believe this is a healthy thing for editing and managing a wikia.

Thanks.

Raadec 20:10, October 10, 2010 (UTC)

Hi, we normally don't recommend this unless your wiki is having a lot of vandalism. Are you having this problem? Sarah@fandom (Help Forum) (blog) 21:22, October 11, 2010 (UTC)

This is ridiculous.

Honestly why are you forcing this on us? It looks terrible! I like how you can customize the wikia now. I could barely navigate the pages with the new skin. I will be the pacifist. But I am serious if Wikia continues I will get other users to move. Fable and many others are in the process of doing so. The new look is TERRIBLE! It barely works too. When it ain't broken don't fix it! Kajalamorth 02:00, October 12, 2010 (UTC)

i love all ur blogs and u posted all the good things..

Lots of love,

fyfy..

I am happy to hear that! Sarah@fandom (Help Forum) (blog) 15:07, October 12, 2010 (UTC)

A sticky situation… if you could help?

Hi Sarah,

I am currently the active (admin) on the Company of Heroes (CoH) Wiki. There is a slight problem that will soon be arising at the CoH wiki. I am due to go overseas on the 15/16 of this month, and I will am expected to be away until at least after Christmas holidays and maybe even after the New Year too. I might be slightly active on the wiki until the start of December, but not to any helpful degree. After that, I expect that I will be just about completely out of contact as an admin on the wiki. As I have already said that I am the only active admin on the wiki, the general management and administration of it will be be able to be done, and therefore I think you can image what might, and possibly even will happen. There have been two other very active users, who have also been very helpful editors too. Unfortunately, one of them have become completely inactive since September 15th. The bureaucrat has also fallen completely silent too; they have not responded to my messages. Therefore I am currently thinking that the only way the wiki will be kept in proper order is if the other user (Nukedz) was given some sort of administration rights. If this is not possible, then I would hope some sort of other arrangement would be possible, where I preferably would not need to be relied upon. If you could reply as soon as possible, as time is of the essence.

Many thanks,

Regards,

Attack Rhino (Talk - Contributions) 12:11, October 12, 2010 (UTC)

Hi there. I have made you a bureaucrat so you can make others admins there now. Sorry to not have gotten back to your email (I did have it starred in my inbox to respond to today). Happy travels! Sarah@fandom (Help Forum) (blog) 15:06, October 12, 2010 (UTC)

Hi Sarah,
Thank you very much for responding so quickly on your talk page. That is absolutely fine about no response with your email, as the talk page has done the trick, I was just becoming a little anxious about everything is all. Although it is really good news that I can help this wiki even more now, I do feel a bit like it is kind of like mutiny on my part; or maybe that I am disempowering the other crat on the wiki (although he is inactive). Does this type of thing happen often?
Kind Regards,
Attack Rhino (Talk - Contributions) 15:55, October 12, 2010 (UTC)

Voice actress?

Since Susan Taylor doesn't know who the voice actress is in the video commercial, maybe you can answer my question. I would like to know it and Sansse is busy.--Station7 15:56, October 12, 2010 (UTC)

Regarding the Oasis Skin

Will anyone be able to make a personal skin in Oasis.

Thanks,

Iamred1 (TalkContribsBlog) 16:48, October 12, 2010 (UTC)

FFXIclopedia

Hi I'm Tahngarthor, a sysop on FFXIclopedia; I don't know what you guys are doing right now but it's rendering our wiki unusable. As I'm sure you're aware, We, like others think the new look is absolutely bad and I want to know who we can talk to to have an exception made. Many of our articles are designed with a wider width than is set for the new skin.

Are you forcing these changes on us knowing that if we move elsewhere, you still have all our work and can just get some sucker to "adopt" it? Please respond, preferably on my talk page (Especially since you invited us to post here), and explain to me why Wikia is seemingly so happily ruining our hard work. Whatever it takes, I want to see an exception made for us.Tahngarthortalk-contribs 01:41, October 13, 2010 (UTC)

Hi Tahngarthor,
I am sorry to hear you are not a fan of the new look and understand you are concerned. As we have mentioned in the blogs and on our talk pages, we are moving ahead with the new look, taking feedback and making adjustments. We are assessing all of our decisions, and will contiue to do so. I noticed that none of the admins on FFXI have adjusted the wiki's theme. Have you started discussions yet about what you want the wiki to look like in the new look? To get the full experience, we recommend you modify the theme to fit your wiki topic and community. Let me know if you need any help in doing this. Best, Sarah@fandom (Help Forum) (blog) 19:25, October 14, 2010 (UTC)
> As we have mentioned in the blogs and on our talk pages, we are moving ahead with the new look, taking feedback and making adjustments. We are assessing all of our decisions, and will contiue to do so.
Please document which changes have been made in whole or in part as a result of the feedback you've received. Thus far the impression you've given is: none.
Only thing I think I've noticed so far is that the base text color seems to have been darkened (now #3a3a3a). Unfortunately I didn't note down what it was before, so I can't be entirely certain; it's still somewhat annoying to read, though.
> I noticed that none of the admins on FFXI have adjusted the wiki's theme.
How is that relevant? Playing with colors is a mostly meaningless exercise when the issue is basic usability.
> Have you started discussions yet about what you want the wiki to look like in the new look?
I'm not an admin on the FFXI wiki, but I can tell you quite plainly what's needed: sufficient width to display the data in a readable fashion. FFXI wiki has over 35 thousand pages, and contains a huge amount of tabular data, charts, etc, which tend to break down at 680px widths. For the samples I've checked, 1000px is sufficient to be comfortable for most things, slightly breaking for a few.
For those on small screens (1024x768 notebooks, etc) that have something approximating the 1000px width of your fixed layout, you've removed about 140px of usable horizontal content area that was already fairly tightly packed. On my own screen you've removed about 800px of horizontal content area.
Since I'm using a widescreen monitor, I can afford to give up the 320px sidebar space as long as the format as a whole remains flexible and fills the full screen. For those with smaller monitors (and for the changes you've made, *everyone* effectively has a smaller monitor now), giving up that extra space makes the layout painfully cramped to near unusable. If you got rid of the "Create a Page" and "Recent Photos" modules and added those buttons to the toolbar at the bottom, and made the "Community Spotlights" module user-collapsible, making the siderail a float element that the main content can wrap around would serve just as well, perhaps better in some setups (pages can always use a clear: both command for elements that they need to be sure have the full width).
Changing it to a flexible layout with a 1000px min-width is trivial (takes less than 20 lines of CSS) and does not interfere with the functioning of the site in any way. There is actually nothing in your revised policy that should prevent this, yet your admin blogs claim it does (which serves as a chilling effect on letting the admins actually do so). Get rid of the false claims regarding your published policy, allow sites to make the small tweaks needed for basic functionality, and things would be much better.
Motenten 23:33, October 14, 2010 (UTC)

I cannot seem to switch our wiki back to new look again

Hi again,

I was trying out what the New Look was like on our wiki. Either by a fault of my own, or the newly appointed admin, the layout was reverted to Monaco. Now neither of us can switch the layout back again. I have tried everything I know to fix this.

Regards,

Attack Rhino (Talk - Contributions) 14:12, October 13, 2010 (UTC)

P.S. The community wiki is showing the New Look but ours is not…

Hi, so currently the new look is a personal option, which means you can only control what you see in your preferences. I just checked your preferences and you are set to the new look, so you should see it there. If you do not, please let me know what browser you are on (and post a screenshot). Best, Sarah@fandom (Help Forum) (blog) 16:26, October 13, 2010 (UTC)
Okay, well that is weird. I do not know what you did there, but it is now showing the new look again.
Thanks, Attack Rhino (Talk - Contributions) 00:59, October 14, 2010 (UTC)
Oh good, I am happy to hear its working. Sarah@fandom (Help Forum) (blog) 19:00, October 14, 2010 (UTC)

Sitenotice

Dear Sarah Manley:

Really wanted to know which is the reason why sitenotice not be implemented, does not really matter the loss of widgets, but sitenocite serves to notify the community and goes beyond the corner of the community and chat, if you have time please tell me what are the reasons for not implento, and if there is a solution.

my best wishes, please if you can answer me in my discussion

PS: by the way my English is not perfect, sorry if some parts do not understand or does not make sense Marcos moreno

Hello Marcos moreno, thanks for the message. Part of the redesign was to look at all features on Wikia and see what works best in what layout. We found that a lot of sitenotices were super long or not updated very frequently, so we decided move that functionality to the community corner. We know that for many wiki admins, being able to make announcements and instantly share a message with the entire community is really important, so we have enabled notifications for the community corner. When an admin updates this, any user who visits the wiki in the next 24 hours will see a notification bubble about the change and be able to click through to read the message. I hope this is clear and let me know if you have further questions. Best, Sarah@fandom (Help Forum) (blog) 19:00, October 14, 2010 (UTC)

An Honest Question

I sent this message to Sannse as well; I figured I might as well get the input of two staff members on an issue like this.

Why are you refusing to let the communities of moving wikis know that the wiki is moving? The staff has been demoting admins simply for wanting to let the community know where the wiki is moving to. You and Sannse seem to be fairly reasonable people, so why are you taking away our right to move the wikis that we created off of Wikia? It's the fault of the staff that people want to move- people are extremely frustrated that you've ignored the hundreds and hundreds of fervently negative comments regarding the new skin. Please don't try to deny that these comments exist; I read through twenty pages of blog comments on the new skin, and I think only one of them was positive. We have the right to leave Wikia any time we like... what next? A program that prevents us from leaving Wikia.com? What I'm trying to tell you is that you wouldn't have to resort to these measures if you would actually listen to feedback, and make the new skin optional. That's all you'd have to do. If you would make the new skin optional, do you know how much your approval rating would increase? You'd be universally beloved. That's all anyone wants- a choice in the matter. You'd still get money from ads. Sure, maybe you'd get a little less. But you'd still get quite a bit. So which would you prefer: To try and plug a dam that is inevitably going to break, no matter how harsh the punishments for trying to move get? Or would you rather compromise on this one thing, make the new skin optional, and ultimately gain far more than you lose? Maybe in the short term, Wikia would make less money. But in the long term, they would gain the love and respect of the people whose wikis they are hosting... and make money in the bargain. I do hope you won't ban me for saying this. All I ask is that you address all of my points and explain your reasoning... not tell me meaningless things like "we're taking all factors into consideration" or "we're trying to make the transition as smooth as possible"... treat me like an equal, and explain your reasoning. Thank you for taking the time to read this. -Cobweb

Hi, thanks for the message. As Sannse mentioned in her response to you, we are working hard to address all of the community's questions, and have answered 100s of them so far. Our decision making, as has been mentioned, is based off of data and feedback from a variety of users, not just those who post on community central. We feel the direction we are taking is the best one for the community as a whole. We also know that users have the right at any time to stay or leave Wikia, but we hope you will opt for the former, and give the new look a try. Thanks for expressing your concern, and let me know if you have any further questions. Sarah@fandom (Help Forum) (blog) 19:00, October 14, 2010 (UTC)

My Page is not the same

Hi Sarah
After i was block by Agent-347 from his wikia "Nickipedia" at
http://nickelodeon.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page on October 6 2010,
I took over the wikia you let me be an Admins for.

I re-add all the page that i made on "Nickipedia" to my Wikia but
thing look differant between "Nickipedia" (Agent-347 Wikia) & "NickStars" (My Wikia).

Can you please tell me what went wrong by looking at the page?

Here the page i am asking about:
My "List of iCarly Episodes" here: "NickStars" iCarly Episodes
Agent-347 "List of iCarly Episodes" here: "Nickipedia" iCarly Episodes.

The List on "Nickipedia" flap open & close but my list don't.

How do i make my list open & close?

I try to ask Agent-347 but he never answer me.

Please tell me how to make my list open & close???

Thank: ICarlyFan2009 (Edmund) 22:48, October 13, 2010 (UTC)

Hello, you need to use collapsible tables, which you can learn more about here. I would also recommend posting on the community help forum. Best, Sarah@fandom (Help Forum) (blog) 19:25, October 14, 2010 (UTC)

Thank Sarah, It work...
ICarlyFan2009 (Edmund) 03:37, October 15, 2010 (UTC)

Help Plz!

I recently made a wiki and I have no idea how to make my templates inside of individual boxes. The Help Wikia didn't seem to help. What should I do?

Ludicrine 03:03, October 14, 2010 (UTC)

Can you give me an example of what you would like to do? Sarah@fandom (Help Forum) (blog) 19:25, October 14, 2010 (UTC)

Volunteers & Helpers

Hello Sarah,

I'm coming to you today with a question which is suggested upon in the title of this section. How does one volunteer to become a Wikia volunteer or helper? What does that all entail? Do they have to be employed by Wikia itself, or can they be users that volunteer? The reason I ask is because I have been an editor of Wikia for two years with over 20,000 edits Wikia wide and am interested in joining the Spam Task Force. Could you possibly give me some more information on this? ---Ten Tailed Fox talk page 04:07, October 14, 2010 (UTC)

"Helper" is a formal role on wikia - they are people who are contracted to work for Wikia or are doing an internship with us. Generally, positions for that are on the hiring page (http://www.wikia.com/wiki/Wikia:Hiring ), or are something we approach people directly about. The VSTF is a volunteer group, and we just recently added new members to the group. At this time, we will not be adding anymore, but will likely in the futre. Please let me know if you would like to be considered in the future.

One area we could really use help in is updating the help wiki. Does that interest you? It is something I am personally working on, and I would love more help from experienced users. Please let me know! Best, Sarah@fandom (Help Forum) (blog) 19:25, October 14, 2010 (UTC)

Sure thing, I'd love to help out anyway I can. What exactly does the update entail? I'm not a veteran at things like HTML and such but I know a little bit and can help out as much as possible. Also, yes, I would like to be considered as one of the volunteer group members in the future. ---Ten Tailed Fox talk page 01:42, October 15, 2010 (UTC)

Sensible Wiki Request

Hello Sarah, my name is John (a.k.a. Jempcorp) and I am posting for a request on my wiki (Sensible Wiki). I have asked this is my Special:Contact, but everytime I use that, I don't seem to get a reply.

I would like 2 extra user groups added to the wiki user rights list. One called Site Protectors (or System Protectors, whatever one sounds better) and one called Forum Administrators (for forum maintainence). The reasons are as follows:

• Site Protectors: Same bureaucrat rights, but removable by me and other bureaucrats (but not site protectors, they cant even add them, they will only be able to add admins and rollbacks.). This is to help with the site, as I would not be able to help everyone who enters.
  • Forum Administrators: To help maintain the forum. (simple enough)

I hope your let me have these two groups. If you need me to explain futher, please just ask, as I did this message in a rush. Thanks, Jempcorp {User:Jempcorp | talk} 06:44, October 14, 2010 (UTC).

HI Jempcorp, if you sent an email to special contact, we will get to it soon. We are quite busy right now, so please be patient. Thanks! Sarah@fandom (Help Forum) (blog) 19:25, October 14, 2010 (UTC)
OK, thanks a lot. Patience is a virtue. Jempcorp {user page | talk} 05:04, October 15, 2010 (UTC)

New Look

Hello, I am the administrator of the Saint Seiya Wiki in Portuguese.

I saw that you were the one who made more editions to the transition guide page and I thought that I could ask you a question that's been messing up with my mind since I tried the new look: It's that the sidebar of the wiki I'm administrating is quite large (I mean there are lots of links and information in it), but with the new look, all of that desappears, and I feel like the Wiki's good appearance kinda decreases. I just couldn't figure out a way to change that and I'm afraid I'm gonna have to deal with the fact that, with the new look, it's not gonna be looking like it used to anymore.

This is the address of the wiki, in case you wanna take a look at it: Saint Seiya Wiki in Portuguese Cdeitz 11:59, October 14, 2010 (UTC)

HI, yes the wiki navigation allows for a maxium of 32 links now, so you will need to think about what is the most important links on your wiki. You can find out more tips on our wiki navigation help page. Cheers, Sarah@fandom (Help Forum) (blog) 19:25, October 14, 2010 (UTC)

Ok. Thank you for the help. I think I'm gonna have to spend a lot of time trying to solve this :( Cdeitz 13:45, October 15, 2010 (UTC)

Voice actress

Who was the voice actress in the commercial video?--Station7 19:34, October 14, 2010 (UTC)

Torchwood and SJA

Hey, it's been over a month with no changes or reply, so can you remove the pages from Torchwood Wiki or close down the wiki. Thanks. Also, This wiki has copied several pages directly from the TARDIS wiki. Another SJA wiki has copied part of one article from the TARDIS wiki as well. I've not contacted any of the users, so could you please contact them and ask them to either cite sources or delete the pages. Thanks. If you need any more info or more details on which exact pages have been copied, just let me know. --The Thirteenth Doctor 23:46, October 14, 2010 (UTC)

• Oh, and could you please block this user on another SJA wiki. The wiki itself is fine, but they've been having some trouble with this guy, and needs to be blocked asap. --The Thirteenth Doctor 23:51, October 14, 2010 (UTC)

Font size/spacing

Hi Sarah,

Could you tell me how much you exactly adjusted the font size and spacing? I would like to know those specific details so I can fix certain problems it produces at the Godfather wiki.

It's mostly the outline of the main page that's a little bit out of proportions and some templates which now have a bigger font size which doesn't look as good as before.

--Sonny Black 19:38, October 15, 2010 (UTC)

How can admins change wiki names

How can admins change wiki names? I need to do that on my wiki. - Drilly Dilly 22:45, October 15, 2010 (UTC)

VG Cats Wiki

So anyway, I'm the administrator of VG Cats Wiki. Unfortunately, when I was making the theme something went wrong. The wikia's New Wikia Look mode seems to have mucked up. Is there anyway you can revert it to the default NWL so I can edit it into something reasonable? Manga Maniac 23:15, October 15, 2010 (UTC)

Offensive Image

File:Sarah's way.jpg
Hello, Sarah Manley! I recently saw an offensive image, if you see it you will defenetly be offended plus it does not just offend you but also christianity despite the picture has You and Jesus Christ. Please delete it imediantly and block the uploader. Here it is

--Nobody Cares{{SUBST:Email|Nobody Cares}} 07:06, October 16, 2010 (UTC)

Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.