FANDOM

(Message)
(Minor Template Help: new section)
Line 496: Line 496:

:It's for anyone who wants to talk about Wikia, and who wants to keep up with news and information about the site :) Have a look around! -- [[User:Sannse|sannse]] http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb32675/wikia/images/e/e9/WikiaStaff.png <small>([[w:c:community:Forum:Community_Central_Forum|help forum]] | [[w:c:community:Blog:Wikia_Staff_Blog |blog]])</small> 05:46, January 19, 2012 (UTC)

:It's for anyone who wants to talk about Wikia, and who wants to keep up with news and information about the site :) Have a look around! -- [[User:Sannse|sannse]] http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb32675/wikia/images/e/e9/WikiaStaff.png <small>([[w:c:community:Forum:Community_Central_Forum|help forum]] | [[w:c:community:Blog:Wikia_Staff_Blog |blog]])</small> 05:46, January 19, 2012 (UTC)
  +
  +
== Minor Template Help ==
  +
  +
  +
Hello, Sannse, I need to ask for help about a simple template. What it is supposed to do, is show the username of any user seeing the template. [http://dragonballfanon.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Username Here is a link to the template on one wiki.]Now, intending to use the template for my new planned signature, I decided to create it on another wiki I'm active on. I copied the template code, but on other wikis, it doesn't work. The only thing it does is say "<insert name here>" Can you please tell me how to create a functional template that does the same thing or how to fix the code I already have?
  +
  +
Thanks in advance,
  +
  +
[[User:Raging Blast|What&#39;s a Plot?]] 19:18, January 19, 2012 (UTC)

Revision as of 19:18, January 19, 2012

See Adoption requests to request admin or bureaucrat rights on an inactive wiki.
See Spotlights to request a spotlight.

Please add new messages to the bottom, thanks :) -- sannse (talk)

Atheism Wiki

The main page of Atheism Wiki is a bit dull, I'm planning to work on that wiki quite a bit. I wonder if your art team could help improve the main page. Ideally I'd like something that won't look uncool but won't put intellectuals off either. Proxima Centauri 16:00, November 25, 2011 (UTC)

Hi, you probably need Community_Central:Content_Team/Requests. Although I'm not sure at all what would work for your topic. If you have any ideas, I might be able to make a skin myself... but I'm blank atm -- sannse WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 22:51, December 4, 2011 (UTC)

Liberapedia

A user is keen to get material he wrote deleted and I don't know how to, see:-

Can you please see that everything the user wants deleted gets deleted. Proxima Centauri 16:22, November 25, 2011 (UTC))

I've cleared the profile. Special:Contact is usually best for requests like that :) -- sannse WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 22:54, December 4, 2011 (UTC)
Thanks. Happy holidays. MrSJWBarlowski 17:56, December 7, 2011 (UTC)

Admin

hello i was previously a admin on the big time rush wikia i retired for a hour but then i wanted my admin power back and brandon rhea still hasn't gotten back to me so i was wondering if you could give me my admin and beuracrat power back please respond asap Poky7774 14:03, November 26, 2011 (UTC)

You'll need to give her a link to the wiki for her to be able to do anything about this. ajr 15:07, November 26, 2011 (UTC)
What a silly thing to do. That is a spoof so thats cartoons. I would think that it is fantasy.--TricklesTest 16:16, November 26, 2011 (UTC)
If this is still a problem, please let us know via Special:Contact, and don't forget that link, or it's hard to work out what you mean. Thanks -- sannse WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 22:58, December 4, 2011 (UTC)

Admin

oh and here is the link http://bigtimerush.wikia.com/ Poky7774 17:33, November 26, 2011 (UTC)

I recommend you to contact the staff if you ever get off the edge of admin and demoted yourself.--TricklesTest 17:36, November 26, 2011 (UTC)
Ah, now I see it got fixed, good good -- sannse WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 23:03, December 4, 2011 (UTC)

HEY!!!!

i left a huge inpor-ent massage on your page the number was 38 tittled BAKUTECH read it thanks en stuff MASTER SPECTRA 14:04, November 27, 2011 (UTC)MASTERSPECTRAMASTER SPECTRA 14:04, November 27, 2011 (UTC)

Hi, as I repied there: this is something you need to work out with the admins on the wiki. In general, it's very much considered a bad thing to re-join with a new account when you have been kickbanned. It's better to discuss with the admin on-wiki, and ask about unbanning. -- sannse WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 23:27, December 4, 2011 (UTC)

HBH

Hello, I'm Windsword7, a bureaucrat at the Hogwarts Roleplay Wiki and a rollback at the Camp Half-Blood Roleplay Wiki. I need to talk to you urgently about actions commited by the user Head.Boy.Hog. Chat is preferrable but communication through messages is fine as well. I live in the PST time zone and any time from 4:00 until midnight is fine to contact me or chat. Thanks in advance, Windsword745pxSword of Hogwarts

Hi, the most reliable way to reach us is via Special:contact. You may also catch staff in chat, especially during San Francisco office hours. But if you give us a general idea of the problem via the contact form, that will help -- sannse WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 23:34, December 4, 2011 (UTC)

Wordmark

i need help on wordmarker zen shadow 16:17, November 29, 2011 (UTC)

(replied elsewhere) —This unsigned comment is by sannse (wallcontribs) . Please sign your posts with ~~~~!

Request for Wiki Deletion

Hi, I want to know if this wiki can be deleted. The person who it was based off of doesn't want it up anymore. http://rynen.wikia.com/ LIGHTSfanArt is Dead 01:55, November 30, 2011 (UTC)

Usually I'd point you to Special:Contact]], but this one looks like one I can remove. Gone -- sannse WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 23:48, December 4, 2011 (UTC)

I see you have rejoined the good side. Good to have you back.--GodPray  05:24,11/30/2011 

One day
<3 -- sannse WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 23:53, December 4, 2011 (UTC)

Wrong number of pages and wrong number of images

Sannse, I notice that Indonesian Folktales Wiki displays the wrong number of pages and images. How can there be -2 images? It should be about 33 pages and 11 images by now. This looks bad to display. I have tried the contact form but to no avail. Could you check please and tell me what have I done wrong? Thanks. -- Guusebumps 06:17, November 30, 2011 (UTC)

Thanks, Sannse this issue has been fixed now. -- Guusebumps 05:54, December 1, 2011 (UTC)

Image's problem Italian uncy

Hi Sannse, can I ask you 2 minutes to read this? ;-) Thanks! --Noncicl10px-OcchioPNG.pngpediologo 21:49, November 30, 2011 (UTC)

Indeed. And similar in US law. Of course, as Noncyclopedia knows better than most, that doesn't always mean that the people creating the parody are safe from problems... but we (Wikia) aren't asking for changes right now :) -- sannse WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 00:02, December 5, 2011 (UTC)

Please

Can you Please let me be a VSTF,Wikia Helper,and Checkuser beacause i want to check it if its a sockpuppet AwesomeSponge 21:14, December 1, 2011 (UTC)AwesomeSponge

If you need to check if a user is a sockpuppet, just contact Fandom Staff and they can tell you whether there is a match.--GodPray  21:19,12/1/2011 

Contact

Hey, I contacted wiki a couple days ago through the special page, about the inappropriate wiki, and you suggested I contact their parents if I was worried. I was wondering if you had any ideas on how I would contact their parents. :)

Drewlzoo(talk)

I assumed from your mail that you knew them in person. If not, then I think you probably don't know enough to contact anyone about this issue - unless you feel there is a problem large enough to contact authorities (which certainly wasn't something I saw) -- sannse WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 00:06, December 5, 2011 (UTC)

We are the walrus

youtube.com/watch?v=C4_hbYjimAQ 174.7.82.244 02:58, December 2, 2011 (UTC)

Goo goo g'joob -- sannse WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 00:09, December 5, 2011 (UTC)

Please

{C Sannse Can you please invite me to VSTF and can you pleasr let me have checkuser rights AwesomeSponge 17:55, December 3, 2011 (UTC)AwesomeSponge

I'm sorry, but both of those things are very rarely given, and only to people who are going to use them for Wikia as a whole, not to fix local problems (and only very trusted long-term Wikians) -- sannse WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 00:11, December 5, 2011 (UTC)

IRC Cloak

I am leaving you this message to confirm that I'm logged in as RoseGui on IRC, and that I wish a wikia cloak. Thanks, sannse! ^_^ --RoseGuiThanks rose (talk here) 23:53, December 3, 2011 (UTC)

Wikia doesn't gove cloaks anymore. Wikpedia does though. --Kangaroopowah- Talk 01:26, December 4, 2011 (UTC)
There are still Wikia cloaks. Sannse gives them out under special circumstances.--GodPray  01:40,12/4/2011 
Thanks for the confirmation, RoseGui. Kangaroopowah, freenode doesn't give ## cloaks, so we are making do (but unofficially an all) -- sannse WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 00:15, December 5, 2011 (UTC)

Catching up

Time to tidy :) Sorry for any slow or missed replies, and thanks as always to those who help out -- sannse WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 22:47, December 4, 2011 (UTC)

User Name

Hello I would like to change my User Name and I heard I must get permision from staff. So may I change my Name?Prince Retreat! 23:26, December 4, 2011 (UTC)

Read Help:Changing your username. Rappy 23:30, December 4, 2011 (UTC)

Holding a giveaway at the Elder Scrolls Wiki

Hey Sannse!

I'm Zluhcs, an admin over at the Elder Scrolls Wiki.

A couple of weeks ago I bought this videogame called "Orcs Must Die!" on Steam, which is a pretty cool game. I was intending to purchase it as a gift for a friend of mine, but accidentally bought two copies of the game. So, since I was stuck with one extra copy, I thought it would be awesome to have a "Giveaway"-contest on the Elder Scrolls wiki (where I edit), and the winner would receive that extra copy from me. I haven't seen such Giveaways at the Elder Scrolls wiki before, so I thought it would be pretty cool to have one for the first time!

My question is if I am allowed to give away that game. I do not wish to break any copyright-- or any other laws, so I therefore wanted to ask you first :) I have seen such Giveaways at the Fallout Wikia and Call of Duty Wikia, as well as on many other wikias.

I was thinking of asking the community a simple question in order to have a chance of winning, such as "Who is your favorite NPC in Skyrim?", or something of that calibre, and then I and presumably the other admins of the Elder Scrolls wiki would present a winner. I am sure I'd be given the approval by the Elder Scrolls Wiki Bureaucrat to have a contest there, so that's not an issue-- I just want to make sure it is legal.

Since the game is bought through Steam, I believe one must have a Steam account and "activate/register" the game to your Steam account in order to download and play the game.

Hope you can give a fast reply, so that I hopefully can host the giveaway asap :)

If you don't know the answer, I would very much appreciate if you could direct me the right way!

Thanks in advance!

Zluhcs  talk page  my edits  Elder Scrolls Wiki-chat

Hi Zluhcs, it sounds as though you need to look at Steam's Terms to work that one out. There's certainly not a copyright issue, but I don't know if they have licencing or other terms around the games you buy. A quick look at their help pages makes me think they have ways to let you give games away, but I don't know the details.
So I would suggest asking for more information from Steam to be sure (via their support area). Hopefully they can help!
And what a great way to help your wiki :) -- sannse WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 06:45, December 8, 2011 (UTC)

TacticalWiki

I know some basic functions (like how to delete pages and stuff like that), but how do I set a certain theme to be default for all users on my wiki? --Gamma287 05:18, December 7, 2011 (UTC)

The easiest way is to use the Theme Designer. You can find that by clicking "Admin" in the toolbar below, and then looking for the Theme Designer icon. If you want to test anything before adding it to your wiki, you can alway try it out on the test wiki first :) -- sannse WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 06:47, December 8, 2011 (UTC)
Thanks. Oh, and thanks for the username change on Uncyc. a while back. --Gamma287 20:04, December 9, 2011 (UTC)

Re: Email

Nope, I didn't get the e-mail. Did you by chance send it using the emailuser special page? Even though I should have a confirmed e-mail address for some reason I haven't been recieving ANY e-mails sent from Wikia's setup. So I don't even get talkpage notifications until the blue moon I decide to login for some reason other than getting a notification e-mail. You can juse use wiki@danielfriesen.name or whatever. ~ Daniel Friesen (DanTMan, Nadir Seen Fire) (Local TalkAnimanga Talk) 17:16, December 7, 2011 (UTC)

Hi, I sent directly from my wikia-inc email to that address... so maybe Wikia mail is getting lost in a spam filter or something? I've resent, but I'm guessing you may not get it again. Do you have an alternative address I can use? (I'm basically checking in with all CC admis at the moment, and just need replies from you and BlueRook) -- sannse WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 06:57, December 8, 2011 (UTC)

Block

Can you please permanently block this user - 96.35.11.159 on Charmed Legacy wikia? They constantly write harassing inappropriate comments. Thanks!HalliwellManorAkaDsc385 23:02, December 7, 2011 (UTC)

Please can you use the contact form for this, and please include links so we can see the situation in full. Thanks -- sannse WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 06:57, December 8, 2011 (UTC)

Link share

what is link share{{subst:Zen shadow}} 00:13, December 8, 2011 (UTC)

It's the button near the new-style navigation that helps you share links via Twitter or email. The idea is to help people get information out about their wiki, and hopefully attact new editors :) -- sannse WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 06:57, December 8, 2011 (UTC)

Testing

I am not an admin at any wiki, however at some of the wikis I visit I have a greater understanding of the code and potential fixes. This includes CSS and other system messages.

Basically, I don't think this would be possible, but if I could have my own wiki hidden from public where I had admin rights just for personal testing, that'd be cool. Another resolve would be to give me admin rights on one of the wikis I was a bcrat on under my previous account. My previous account was ILHI, and I was bcrat at the Top Trumps Wiki and the TimeSplitters Wiki.

Testing on a public wiki doesn't sound like a good idea, but all gets reverted at the end of the day, and causes less disruption than the testing done by users who have less of a clue than me on a wiki that is actually active.

If you want evidence that my old account is actually me, the email should be "jonnybedford@hotmail.com". Either that or that's the current one I use at this account. I'm not even sure what email I use for that account. Ah, but my email address was added to his userpage by him. That kinda proves it.

Anyway, so what can you do? JBed 00:44, December 8, 2011 (UTC)

You can always create your own test wiki by going here. If you don't tell anyone about it, it will be quite hard for anyone to find it. You will be b'crat and can do whatever you'd like to the wiki. I have my own here. Rappy 01:27, December 8, 2011 (UTC)
Yep, Rappy's solution is a good one :) I mostly use the Community Test Wiki, but if you create a test wiki of your own then you'll have more flexibility (with rights and access and all that). So feel free to create away :) -- sannse WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 07:01, December 8, 2011 (UTC)

Oh wow, I thought personal wikis weren't allowed. Thanks. :) JBed 12:57, December 8, 2011 (UTC)

Back again...

I can't get the whole {{subst:nosubst|SIGNATURE}} thing to work on that wiki I kept yammering on about. Is it a missing script? It doesn't work on Conservapedia, either. --Gamma287 22:02, December 9, 2011 (UTC)

It depends on how you are setting up the template... it's complex stuff, so I'd recomend asking the advanced people on the forums :) -- sannse WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 00:17, December 15, 2011 (UTC)

Adopting a channel on IRC

Would you mind making me the channel op of Wikia-lmb ? It is an abandoned channel, originally owned by Bobafett2, who seems to have forgotten about it. I am an admin on the corresponding wiki, the LEGO Message Boards Wiki, http://www.legomessageboards.wikia.com and the two Bureaucrats, Drew1200 and Legobatmankid10, don't even know what IRC is...so please get back to me about this. I probbably won't be checking your talk page, so is it too much work to go to my talk page? http://www.legomessageboards.wikia.com/User%20Talk:BusyCityGuy? Thanks :) -BusyCityGuy

To clarify: Sannse cannot directly unregister the channel for you. If I understand the way freenode normally does this, Sannse has to tell them to unregister the channel, and they have to agree to it.  Monchoman45  Talk  Contribs  Skystone  16:27,12/11/2011 
Yep, we'll need Freenode's help. If you look for me on IRC (usually evenings San Francisco time) I can help there. Although you may be better off creating a new channel... #wikia-legomb? -- sannse WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 00:18, December 15, 2011 (UTC)
Okay thank you, that could work. I will look for you, and I'll leave a message on Bobafett12's page. :) Thanks!
-BusyCityGuy

Close Account

Hey, Sannse! :) Do you think you could close my old account User:Just Ice1? I'm now CookieRaider12. thanks :) CookieRaider12 06:51, December 11, 2011 (UTC)

Send a message to Special:Contact and they can close it for you.--GodPray  15:15,12/11/2011 

Answers wiki integration

Sannse,

This became an issue at Final Fantasy Wiki where someone from outside our community created an Answers wiki without our knowledge. Our issue is now solved, but the fact of the matter is we as a community were completely in the dark for months about the existence of the outside site and the subsequent indirect vandalism of our own, which has led to a lot of drama as other users have questioned why we've had the box removed just now as someone has finally gotten control of the thing, which had been abandoned for quite some time.

This is simply a mess for us which could have been dealt with much faster and painlessly if the Answers box had shown up for logged in users. I use Oasis exclusively and am the resident coding admin of the site. I didn't know about this until mere days ago when I found a thread chewing us out for letting the vandalism occur on "our" site.

For the sake of other wikis, if this system is going to continue, logged in users should be able to see the addition to their site so they don't have to deal with the nightmare that my site is now dealing with between the public, our users, the new admins of the Answers wiki, and their users.

Sincerely,

Bluestarultor

Hi, thanks for the feedback, I'll make sure it's passed on :) And if you need more help on the wiki with discussions or changes around this issue, please let me know -- sannse WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 00:26, December 15, 2011 (UTC)

Flagging users as bots

As I fix links on occasions sometimes I am forced to edit forum pages. But I don't like to do this since it bumps topics dead for years to the top. Same thing goes for alerting users of new messages when there isn't any new messages, I've just fixed something.

I set up a new account, Okayybot, in the hope I could test to see if it worked, but I then discovered I can't set the user as a bot.

Is it possible to have a user flagged as a bot? If so, does a user flagged as a bot work any different to a normal user other than being "under the radar"? And would a user have to be flagged as a bot on each wiki individually?

If the answer to the first and third question is yes, could you set the aforementioned user as a bot on jbed.wikia? JBed 01:17, December 15, 2011 (UTC)

Bots will still bump old threads and alert users on watched pages. The edits simply don't show up in RC or WA when botted. Rappy 01:43, December 15, 2011 (UTC)
Oh, well that sux. I have been told otherwise. Ignore the above then. JBed 15:24, December 15, 2011 (UTC)

something you must see

Portalcat.gif

You're right, this was something I had to see! -- sannse WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 05:33, December 19, 2011 (UTC)
something else you must see —This unsigned comment is by Godisme (wallcontribs) . Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
Fail. I already sent this to her on Skype. Rappy 02:07, December 24, 2011 (UTC)
It's worth seeing twice! -- sannse WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 13:01, December 27, 2011 (UTC)

Please Erase This Wiki

Hey Sannse. I was hoping this wikia could be deactivated: http://thechyler.wikia.com/?redirect=no

Thank you! :)

~Cheyenne♬I love you♥ 04:29, December 18, 2011 (UTC)

Saving Sannse some time here, but, all you have to do is go to Special:Contact and under the Changes to this wiki section, an option should be, Close this wiki. Click that and then wikia will close it. Quick link there. TwiTalk / Contribs 06:33, December 18, 2011 (UTC)
Okay thank you. I sent a form in :)
~Cheyenne♬I love you♥ 14:08, December 18, 2011 (UTC)
Thanks Twilightheart :) -- sannse WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 05:35, December 19, 2011 (UTC)

Staff

Hallo, This user http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/User:Wallaceheros would like to be a wikia staff. And thats all. Total carnage 00:10, December 19, 2011 (UTC)

Staff isn't something we give out, it means you actually work for Wikia :) -- sannse WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 05:35, December 19, 2011 (UTC)

Administrator

hello im Obi wan masterexxx10 from star wars battlefront wikia I was here because I just want to be an Admin/bureaucrat because I need to protect my wiki incase if a user is vandalizing my wiki so can you pleas make me as an Admin/bureaucrat on my wiki Obi wan masterexxx10 01:18, December 21, 2011 (UTC)

Hi, you need our adoptions page. There's info at the top about adopting a wiki... then, if you are eligable, you can ask there. Good luck! -- sannse WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 17:21, December 22, 2011 (UTC)

Wikia Helper

Hi Sannse, I was wondering if there was a way to ask about becoming a helper? I already help out on small Wikis which have just started but most of the new admins want help with a picture wordmark, background ect., for example the Super Gaming Wiki, which I did the background, wordmark and homepage for. I also have a lot of experience with HTML and MediaWiki (which I have installed on my PC on a local server to practice coding with) which means I can help with pages and fixes on other Wikis, such as the Star Wars Battlefront Wiki's templates which I fixed the code for. If you want to move this to somewhere else, please do. Thanks, Sam2011 (Talk) 10:57, December 23, 2011 (UTC)

Hi Sam, I believe helpers are selected per Careers page, see the botton of the right side. (: – Tm_T@Community Central:~$ 11:07, December 23, 2011 (UTC)

Rex discussion

Hi Sannse! Matteo's writing a message in our Forum:Rex discussion and you isn't answer! Please, answer! --Jeorge, 23-12-2011; 12:38 (UTC +1)

Just so you know, Jeorge, sannse is in England until January 1st, so she probably won't see this message for awhile. kerri (w) 14:14, December 23, 2011 (UTC)

User

Hi, I just thought I should bring something to your attention. User:Weapons, Physics and Maths G33K requested adminship on the Infinity Blade Wiki. He has only just joined Wikia and his profile says he is 12 years old. Sam2011 (Talk) 16:40, December 24, 2011 (UTC)

Hi, this has been dealt with -- sannse WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 12:29, December 27, 2011 (UTC)

I Don't Get It....

I don't understand where i can change the colours on a template, can you tell me how if you know????

You need to go to the template page itself, and add in some HTML/CSS to tweak colours. Thge best thing to do is to ask on the forums, but with lots of clear links and explanation of what you want to change. Then people can show you more accurately :) -- sannse WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 12:32, December 27, 2011 (UTC)

Rex discussion

Hello Sannse! How are you? Please, write in Forum:Rex discussion. Squadra Speciale Cobra has writing in discussion to the redirect! Jeorge, 12:28, 26 dicembre 2011

Hi, sorry for the slow reply there (I'm mostly away this week). I've replied now -- sannse WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 12:52, December 27, 2011 (UTC)

Account.

Hello, Sannse, I hope you're having a good time in England. :D I hate to bother you, but I was wondering if you could block my account, Nessiie Cullen. I would like to use this account for my main account. Thank you! Amanderp They will never separate us.. 23:23, December 29, 2011 (UTC)

Wikia doesnt block accounts when a user requests, you can though, disable your account, make sure you log into the account you want to disable and go here, Special:Contact/close-account.

Plasma (Talk)

21:54, December 30, 2011 (UTC)

Emergency!

There is a vandal on the Total Drama Wiki called Tom Shelly! He's replacing more and more pages of racist info! Please block him! Sunsummer7 - Legendary Sun RANDOM HEAT EVERYWHERE!!! 11:30, December 30, 2011 (UTC)

This isn't the right place for urgent messages I'm afraid, I don't always get here quickly. I would guess this has already been dealt with by admins (which is always best) but if you need staff quickly, then it's best to try chat, or use the contact form -- sannse WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 03:44, January 4, 2012 (UTC)

Help Us!!

Theres a 11 yo on Phineas and ferb wikia chat. Name of 11 yo:Bunniez6729

VManJustice 18:40, December 30, 2011 (UTC)MAH BOI!

If someone is in chat who you don't want to be there, admins and chat mods can ban them. If you have concerns that need to go to staff, please use the contact form. -- sannse WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 03:48, January 4, 2012 (UTC)

Lucky Edits

What are they?

If you mean the lucky badge achievement, it is a badge that for every 1000 edits made, the 1000th edit will enable a badge to pop up to the user who makes it. Achievements can be enabled at Special:WikiFeatures. --Plasma (Talk) 21:52, December 30, 2011 (UTC)

Harassing user

I have also been the target of a German Antisemetic hate campaign because of Philosemetic and Russo-Germanic symbolism I included in the background for Warhammer 40,000 army I wrote.

Sascha Kreiger, Imperator des Sturmkrieg Sektor (Kaisar) 18:52, December 31, 2011 (UTC)

If someone is harassing you on Wikia, please send full details (including links) to us via the contact form. Thanks -- sannse WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 03:51, January 4, 2012 (UTC)

Editing issues

Whenever I try to edit a layout, like to add a picture it says my curser is in an exisiting element but I can't get the cursor out. How do I fix this? This has happened on two of my wikis. Please help. DDfan80 16:04, December 31, 2011 (UTC)DDfan80

It sounds like you are trying to do something like add an image to a text box or similar. But it's hard to say without more details on exactly where you were editing and what you were trying to do -- sannse WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 03:55, January 4, 2012 (UTC)

Underage user

Hello Sannse! This user- [removed] is too young to be using wikia (she's 20) and would you please take action against her? Thanks!

[removed]

Isn't this a local admin issue? --Smuff[The cake is a lie] 23:22, January 2, 2012 (UTC)
It's a Special:Contact issue. Private information is best discussed privately. Thanks -- sannse WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 04:07, January 4, 2012 (UTC)

Harassment and libel by a Wikia user

I think you should see this recent attack here. This is a recent attack by a Neo Nazi who started a trolling/hate campaign against a website I run because, in his words, my website contains "Jews and Communists."

The most recent post (by the user mentioned here) is at the bottom.

Sascha Kreiger, Contact: English Sturmkrieg, Deutsch Sturmkrieg 14:43, January 3, 2012 (UTC)
I'm still not getting enough information to understand this issue. I think this has to be one that's sent via the contact form, with full details. Thanks -- sannse WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 04:13, January 4, 2012 (UTC)
I understand. Do you know who reviews the contact forms, so I can explain the situation in more depth to them? Also, can I use the wiki markup in the forms? I plan to formally write up the reports on the Sturmkrieg command wiki before I submit them, and I would like to know if I can use the same text in both.
Sascha Kreiger, Contact: English Sturmkrieg, Deutsch Sturmkrieg 15:12, January 6, 2012 (UTC)
The Community Support team reviews them (me and others). The form is sent as an email, so wiki markup doesn't work - just full links. -- sannse WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 20:18, January 6, 2012 (UTC)

Nonciclopedia's image violation

Hello Sannse, Happy New Year! ;-) Nothing new about this picture? --Noncicl10px-OcchioPNG.pngpediologo 16:50, January 3, 2012 (UTC)

And to you :) Nothing new on that so far... All we can do is wait and see. -- sannse WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 04:15, January 4, 2012 (UTC)
Thanks! Bye :-) --Noncicl10px-OcchioPNG.pngpediologo 11:04, January 4, 2012 (UTC)

please

why did you closed the great murkekow wiki?,what have we done?,just tell me --megaspongekang123 20:35, January 3, 2012 (UTC)

Hi there, I left an explanation as to why the wiki was closed on the founder's talk page. --Meighan WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 21:29, January 3, 2012 (UTC)

Half-Blood admin rights

Hey, Sannse! I am BullyFan112. I am often contributing on Camp Half-Blood wikia and believe I need more rights. Rights as in Admin rights. Is it possible if the staff bumps me up? Please get back to me on my camp half-blood wikia page. Thank you! Bye! BullyFan112~Don't know, don't care, but it felt great.. 23:11, January 3, 2012 (UTC)BullyFan112

That's something the current bureaucrats and admins will decide on, not staff. I would suggest you talk to them (or just continue to contribute until others decide admins rights for you are a good idea :) -- sannse WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 04:16, January 4, 2012 (UTC)

Wikia selling Wiki info?

A seller by the name of "Wikia" is selling paperbacks of many Wikis' information, organized in categories and with generic covers. If this is you (Wikia itself, not just you), WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS? If it is not you, shut these people down! They are illegally making money off of our (the Wiki community's) information. User:Dk64rules 19:29, January 4, 2012 (UTC)

Direct Link: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=ntt_athr_dp_sr_1?_encoding=UTF8&sort=relevancerank&search-alias=books&ie=UTF8&field-author=Source%3A%20Wikia#/ref=sr_pg_1?rh=n%3A283155%2Cp_27%3ASource%3A+Wikia&sort=relevancerank&ie=UTF8&qid=1325692965

Because the wikia is licensed by CC-BY-SA, its perfectly legal. Caoil 20:13, January 4, 2012 (UTC)

I'm fairly sure this probably isn't legal. But it's not legal to have the transcripts on Wikia either, so shhh--Category:Acer4666 20:37, January 4, 2012 (UTC)

Dk64rules: the source is listed as Wikia (as in, the pages were copied from here) but we are not involved in this in any way. This is an unrelated company that are using content under the Creative Commons license. The first (very long) discussion about this was at Forum:Amazon.com -- sannse WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 18:54, January 5, 2012 (UTC)

KOTH wiki

Hi there, my name is TwoBearsHigh-Fiving. I had a question regarding the King of the Hill wiki, it has been left desolate, no predominate admin, (Or even named user for that matter) and is quite messy, filled with red links. I love King of the Hill dearly, and would desire to have a nice wiki. I was wondering if it all possible I could have admin priviledges on that site so as to help it. As for my credentials, I am a moderator on Fallout Wikipedia, you can check me out on there. If not I understand, thank you for your time:)TwoBearsHigh-Fiving 07:57, January 5, 2012 (UTC)

See Community Central:Adoption requests. Put in a request and the adoptions team will get to it when they can.--GodPray  18:14,1/5/2012 

Nudity image

Is it appropriate posting nudity image on the page?

- SPYFORC 18:47, January 6, 2012 (UTC)

No, those are outside the Terms of Use. I've deleted and left a message for the admin -- sannse WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 19:00, January 6, 2012 (UTC)

Advice for Create-Your-Own Wiki

Hey Sannse! I need advice: How can I get my wiki's name known quickly? I started this site on my own, which may have been a mistake. What should I do?

There's some good advice on Help:Attracting contributors for promoting your wiki. See if that helps. :) The 888th Avatar (talk) 23:36, January 7, 2012 (UTC)

Blocking unregistered users from editing

We admins over at Wiksteria Lane have decided that we don't want unregistered users to be able to edit/comment on pages anymore. There are a few reasons why, one they just constantly upload spoilers which we don't want over on that wiki, also we're constantly under attack from vandals and spammers, so having to make them create an account will deter them because it takes time. It would be better for the community over there if you respected our wishes and banned them :) Please respond - Julietfan2626

Contact Wikia about this with a link to a page showing community consensus. It will be answered much more quickly than it would on a staff members talk page. Rappy 21:53, January 9, 2012 (UTC)

KOTH

(Just in case you didn't see my post on the Koth wiki.)

Hey there Sannse! I've just adopted this wiki, and am looking to recruit new users to spruce this place up a bit. Before I find some users, I was wondering if you could help and or set up these things for me:

• I would like to change the theme color to red, as it fits in with the show better. Not too bright a red, but soft on the eyes.
  • I would like there to be a standard achievement system:)
  • When time progresses a chat would be cool.
  • This is going to sound stupid, but I've always thought it would like nice. Anyway my "Admin" block, could it be changed to "Administrator"?

Well, that's all I can think of for now, I appreciate any help you can give:)

-TwoBearsHigh-Fiving

Hey,Iam Outbreak from readourabcomics wiki Iam benXp's cousin I wanna ask you how did you reach our wiki and what do you think of the wiki?
something else I wanna you try to read our stories too maybe you will like it .

I've answered you both on your wikis :) -- sannse WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 19:08, January 11, 2012 (UTC)

Phineas and Ferb Deletion Requests

can you delete [1] and [2] then protect the 2 wikis so only the VSTF, Helpers and Staff can create them. They are duplciates of wikis that "run by itself"? IanPlaystationNerd 19:10, January 11, 2012 (UTC)

Hi, we don't usually close wikis just because there is another on the same topic... but it looks as though the first one was never used, and I've redirected it. The other one looks to have at least some content of its own, that could be merged to another wiki, but otherwise it should stay open.
As always, the quickest way to get things like this sorted is to use the contact form :) -- sannse WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 19:37, January 13, 2012 (UTC)

Excuse me

Just who do you think you are globally blocking people without discussion, I hope you realize the good people you block have friends who support them, you mean lady

Look, support is already wavering for your unjust and biased actions: w:c:fallout:Forum:Ausir
Please stop this offencive behavior at once. Wikia can do what they want to. Colgatecity 00:47, January 13, 2012 (UTC)
How am I being offensive? Calling something unjust and biased is an opinion, not an attack. Please check your facts before you blindly suckup to the staff that go after upstanding community members. —This unsigned comment is by WlKIA Staff Globally Blocks People For No Reason (wallcontribs) . Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
I'm not aware of staff globally blocking someone with discussion, but the typical reasons behind a global block are cross-wiki spamming/vandalism, being under-aged, and sockpuppetry (I'm not sure about this one), and thus, they are not random.
--Dser (wall | email) 00:57, 1/13/2012
Too bad this is unrelated to cross-wiki spam/vandalism, age, or sockpuppetry or any other nefarious deed. This is one of those: The Company may terminate your account, delete your profile and any content or information that you have posted on the Service and/or prohibit you from using or accessing the Service for any reason, or no reason, at any time in its sole discretion, with or without notice. kind of blocks. —This unsigned comment is by WlKIA Staff Globally Blocks People For No Reason (wallcontribs) . Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
There was likely a reason behind your/another user's global block. If you want to talk to staff about it, you can contact them with Special:Contact.
--Dser (wall | email) 01:10, 1/13/2012
Not my block! And I'm afraid you don't know their reason, and I'm not going over it here. Just wanted to put my protest out there. This message is for Sannse and she knows the context and clearly you are just a third party with peanut gallery comments. I'm done replying to you so you can stop interjecting here, it's a waste of your time and mine —This unsigned comment is by WlKIA Staff Globally Blocks People For No Reason (wallcontribs) . Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
Either way though, try to keep your comments civilized. Otherwise, your behavior may get you blocked here. --Dser (wall | email) 01:30, 1/13/2012
Placing it here publicly and arguing about it was more a waste of your time. Send your complaint to Special Contact and be done with it. Especially if it directly involves sannse. You won't get her commenting about the block here either way. Rappy 08:38, January 13, 2012 (UTC)

W.S.G.B.P.F.N.R. : Jen and I have responded on the forum. Of course, we don't block without reason, but Rappy is right - this is not something that should be discussed here. -- sannse WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 19:39, January 13, 2012 (UTC)

Reverting vandalism when there's two vandals

Hi, I attended the Webinar on handling conflict earlier today and one of my questions was left unanswered (probably cause I submitted it last minute). My question was, if a page was vandalised by two different vandals, how can I fix it? I can't use "undo" because of edit conflicts, nor "rollback" because it only reverts latest vandal's edits without reverting the first's. This has happened and I could only revert the vandalism manually by editing the whole page. --Immunizations 00:03, January 14, 2012 (UTC)

There's a way :) Click "History" on the toolbar or by clicking the arrow next to "Edit". That will show you a line for each version of the article. Look for the last good version, and click the date on that line. That will show you a copy of that version. You can then click "Edit" on that page, and save (without changing anything). Then you are back to the old version without vandalism. Hope that helps -- sannse WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 04:47, January 18, 2012 (UTC)

Wikia background

Excuse me, do you happen to know what the dimensions for a background of a Wikia page should be, or direct me to someone who does know? I'm attempting to fit an image on the background of a Wiki but part of the image keeps being cut out or empty space is left. Yes-Man 01:53, January 17, 2012 (UTC)

If you have Photoshop (or another image program that can read PSD files), you can download File:Background template.psd to use a template. IIRC, sannse was the one that created it. Rappy 06:41, January 17, 2012 (UTC)
Thank you very much. Yes-Man 23:27, January 17, 2012 (UTC)

Deleting my code to protest SOPA

It is amazing that you are always on the wrong side of every issue, especially when we all are against SOPA. Wikiasmikia 04:13, January 18, 2012 (UTC)

Staff are simply asking you don't post code. The code you posted, if improperly done, can really mess up a wiki. Staff just want to make sure no one screws anything up badly during all this. Leave it to people who know js to do these things.--GodPray  04:20,1/18/2012 
She removed the code because, as she mentioned, we've already had problems today with inexperienced folks copying and pasting .js. We have no problem with people protesting but do want to make sure wikis aren't getting blanked & locked (which happened today). Sannse posted the suggestion that those who have .js skills offer assistance rather than just code. Jen Burton@fandom (help forum | blog) 04:26, January 18, 2012 (UTC)

Are you on?

Hey, if you're on right now, then can you get on chat here? Everyone's really upset about SOPA, and no one's done anything bad yet, but they just make me nervous. :S It'd just be good to have a mod on (because there's none right now). Thanks :)

Drewlzoo(talk)

We've been in and out as much as possible :) and will keep checking in. It looks like people are generally being great about helping eachother understand what's going on -- sannse WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 05:38, January 19, 2012 (UTC)

Nuvola apps edu languages
Hello, Sannse. You have new messages at Dser's talk page.
You can remove this notice at any time by removing the {{Talkback}} or {{Tb}} template.

oh hello there im new here so is this wiki for staff only?

It's for anyone who wants to talk about Wikia, and who wants to keep up with news and information about the site :) Have a look around! -- sannse WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 05:46, January 19, 2012 (UTC)

Minor Template Help

Hello, Sannse, I need to ask for help about a simple template. What it is supposed to do, is show the username of any user seeing the template. Here is a link to the template on one wiki.Now, intending to use the template for my new planned signature, I decided to create it on another wiki I'm active on. I copied the template code, but on other wikis, it doesn't work. The only thing it does is say "<insert name here>" Can you please tell me how to create a functional template that does the same thing or how to fix the code I already have?

Thanks in advance,

What's a Plot? 19:18, January 19, 2012 (UTC)

Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.