FANDOM

(IRC Cloak)
m (Holding a giveaway at the Elder Scrolls Wiki: new section)
Line 380: Line 380:

:Read [[w:c:help:Help:Changing your username|Help:Changing your username]]. [[User:Rappy_4187|Rappy]] 23:30, December 4, 2011 (UTC)

:Read [[w:c:help:Help:Changing your username|Help:Changing your username]]. [[User:Rappy_4187|Rappy]] 23:30, December 4, 2011 (UTC)
  +
  +
== Holding a giveaway at the Elder Scrolls Wiki ==
  +
  +
Hey Sannse!
  +
  +
I'm Zluhcs, an admin over at the Elder Scrolls Wiki.
  +
  +
A couple of weeks ago I bought this videogame called "Orcs Must Die!" on Steam, which is a pretty cool game. I was intending to purchasing it as a gift for a friend of mine, but accidentally bought two copies of the game. So, since I was stuck with one extra copy, I thought it would be awesome to have a "Giveaway"-contest on the Elder Scrolls wiki (where I edit), and the winner would receive that extra copy from me. I haven't seen such Giveaways at the Elder Scrolls wiki before, so I thought it would be pretty cool to have one for the first time!
  +
  +
My question is if I am allowed to give away that game. I do not wish to break any copyright-- or any other laws, so I therefore wanted to ask you first :) I have seen such Giveaways at the Fallout Wikia and Call of Duty Wikia, as well as on many other wikias.
  +
  +
I was thinking of asking the community a simple question in order to have a chance of winning, such as "Who is your favorite NPC in Skyrim?", or something of that calibre, and then I and presumably the other admins of the Elder Scrolls wiki would present a winner. I am sure I'd be given the apporval by the Elder Scrolls Wiki Bureaucrat to have a contest there, so that's not an issue-- I just want to make sure it is legal.
  +
  +
Since the game is bought through Steam, I believe one must have a Steam account and "activate/register" the game to your Steam account in order to download and play the game.
  +
  +
Hope you can give a fast reply, so that I hopefully can host the giveaway asap :)
  +
  +
If you don't know the answer, I would very much appreciate if you could direct me the right way!
  +
  +
Thanks in advance!
  +
  +
{{User:Zluhcs/SigInclude}}

Revision as of 15:45, December 6, 2011

See Adoption requests to request admin or bureaucrat rights on an inactive wiki.
See Spotlights to request a spotlight.

Please add new messages to the bottom, thanks :) -- sannse (talk)

Can you revert a deletion?

Can you revert a deletion by a user who appears to be a member here for no other reason than to delete or move other peoples recipes according to her own personal taste rather than the value of the recipes to others? Since I am not paid to post recipes here the benefit I derive for doing so is the ability to point students and others here when a recipe provides a solution for a particular need. I can post on my own site and refer my students there but that would prevent others here from knowing about recipes created specifically by computer to be healthy. Please let me know if you can revert the deletion of a recipe I make referrals to all of the time because it demonstrates for my students the need to handle extremes in addition to the middle. Thanks. --imho 07:06, November 2, 2011 (UTC)

Staff do not intervene in local matters except under extenuating circumstances. You'll have to take it up with local admins.  Monchoman45  Talk  Contribs  Skystone  11:19,11/2/2011 
The vandal is a "local" administrator if you are referring to healthyrecipes,wikia.com as "local." I have asked the "local" administrator who performed the deletion to revert it but she has refused to comply saying that the recipe is not healthy when in fact it was formulated by computer to match measured expended calories and be within the minimum and maximum required macronutrient (fat, carbohydrate and protein) values. --imho 15:29, November 2, 2011 (UTC)
That's a decision for the admin and their community. You may want to look at other recipes wikis for an alternative -- sannse WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 21:40, November 5, 2011 (UTC)

Toolbar Glitch

The toolbar is supposed to stop sticking to the bottom of the window and stay above the Spotlights, right? Because, at least on Phineas and Ferb Fanon, it doesn't.

Roads (The Techical Update we've all been waiting for: category redlinks are back! *sigh*) 15:39, November 2, 2011 (UTC)

It's working for me... Possibly it's a browser specific issue? If you are still seeing it, and it's just on that one wiki, the first thing I would suspect is local css/js. Or if you are seeing it elsewhere, please can you send the details (including on what browser you are using) via the contact form-- sannse WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 21:43, November 5, 2011 (UTC)

READ

What on earth is going on?

Roads (The Techical Update we've all been waiting for: category redlinks are back! *sigh*) 15:46, November 2, 2011 (UTC)

Do realize that it's currently 9 am in the San Francisco office where Sannse works. You'll have to wait.  Monchoman45  Talk  Contribs  Skystone  15:54,11/2/2011 
Replying for Sannse - I've responded to the post. Jen Burton@fandom (help forum | blog) 16:26, November 2, 2011 (UTC)

User Account

Hello, I recently lost my password for my account, 'Sam2011'. My email was never verified so there is no way I can get my password back. Would it be possible to transfer my account to a new account? Sam1138 17:34, November 2, 2011 (UTC)

We might be able to help, as you have an email in the system (even though not verified). Please can you mail us (Support at wikia.com) using the email address you have for that account? Please don't use the contact form, but email from that account directly. If you put my name in the mail, I'll set your mail as verified. -- sannse WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 21:46, November 5, 2011 (UTC)
It's okay, I managed to recover my password. Thanks for your help, Sam2011 17:47, November 8, 2011 (UTC)

Sockpuppet

Closer 2my Dreams from the Degrassi Wiki is back on another account!

http://degrassi.wikia.com/wiki/User:Black_Lies Thanks Sannse (:

Adam Drayden Montana 23:26, November 2, 2011 (UTC)

dealt with on Deggrassi
At least, Wikis need to be tolerating sockpuppetry because they have to have it just incase something happends. I don't know why they block them but they need to allow sockpuppetry so that there can be more people or any character in here. But theres no way i could change it so there can be a puppet show. Puppet shows get broke if they create more accounts.--TricklesTest 21:37, November 24, 2011 (UTC)
Each wiki sets it's own sockpuppetry policy. Some roleplaying/fanfiction wikis do indeed allow multiple accounts in order to allow people to do just that -- RandomTime 21:41, November 24, 2011 (UTC)
I know just like on tv they sockpuppet on certain shows. Regular wikis can also have sockpuppetry but can it also allow that in the Community Central?--TricklesTest 21:57, November 24, 2011 (UTC)

Thank you!

For putting up the pronunciation of your username. I never wanted to ask for fear of sounding like an idiot. :P 22px-Logo.svg.pngTyA_userpage_image.png Badge-VSTF.svg 23:29, November 2, 2011 (UTC)

You wouldn't have :) I didn't know how to pronounce it myself for a long time, until I started actually using it in person (I thought it might be more "sann-see", but that didn't sound right in the end)-- sannse WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 21:48, November 5, 2011 (UTC)
See, I had always said it sann-see. This will take some getting used to.--GodPray  21:53,11/5/2011 
That's near enough anyway ;) -- sannse WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 02:12, November 9, 2011 (UTC)

Admin

Hi, Sannse! I've got a request for you.

I know we just got a new admin on Degrassi Wiki, but I really think we should remove ~holiday's admin rights and put Caoil in her spot.

I think he is very much qualified for this role. He made our wiki's emoticons, he is a great help with coding and templates, he is dedicated, and is an amazing admin. He's probably the most qualified person for the position- he also has no sockpuppet accounts, and that I know of, he has never been banned.

Another reason he should be given this is because he is definitely not biased; he has banned his own friends before. He cares a great deal about our wiki and as I said, is dedicated.

If you accept this offer, that would be great! :) However, if you decline, I respect the decision.

Thank you for reading and understanding! Tayler(: A lonely speaker in a conversation. ♬ 23:43, November 2, 2011 (UTC)

We need to revisit admin accounts there again, but let's give it a little longer. Things are feeling more settled, so hopefully we can add another person soon (and possible a b'crat in the not to distant future, if there aren't so many sockpuppet problems!) -- sannse WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 21:49, November 5, 2011 (UTC)

Sockpuppet

Hi, Sannse. Could you please check this user (http://degrassi.wikia.com/wiki/User:Bianca_DelSauce) for extra accounts! (: Adam Drayden Montana 17:46, November 4, 2011 (UTC)

dealt with on Degrassi

Big Problem

http://potcoplayers.wikia.com/wiki/Special:WikiActivity Need help CXXX, the Lord 16:57, November 5, 2011 (UTC)

I see nothing wrong with that wiki or that page. You'll have to be more specific about what you want help with.  Monchoman45  Talk  Contribs  Skystone  18:13,11/5/2011 
Its been fixed , with help from Tm_T and some css from myselff--Tama63 18:17, November 5, 2011 (UTC)
Not fixed, not even close, but damage minimized. I reported the issue as it needs tech staff, so hopefully will be sorted in couple days. (: –Tm_T (Talk) 18:27, November 5, 2011 (UTC)

Hey (:

Hey Sannse! How are you? The Degrassi Wiki is slowly getting better. Myself and a couple of users are trying to change the wiki. . you know, make it more clean and appropriate and stopping the sockpuppeting! I made a blog on how the users act in a very unruly manner on chat and hope that many users follow me. Lol I feel like a leader. I am going to make this change!

http://degrassi.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Drayden_Montana/Drayden:_GROW_UP

I would like for you to check it out. (Since you have witnessed the way they act)

Also WhiteDaveof the Degrassi Wiki. .posted a not-so-nice picture on his wiki. . . http://misfitsrundawurld.wikia.com/wiki/MisfitsRunDaWurld_Wiki

150px-8-1.png

And DropTheWorldOnFitzsHead made a very hurtful blog about me as well. http://degrassi.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:DropTheWorldOnFitzsHead/This_is_to_Adam

Adam Drayden Montana 02:48, November 7, 2011 (UTC)

I've deleted your post. I understand that you meant well, but it was actually increasing the drama and not reducing it. Yelling at people to "grow up" is not going to help in any way, and adding in all the sexual comments (even as examples) is not helpful either. Let's talk this over in person next time I get a chance to visit Degrassi chat. -- sannse WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 02:19, November 9, 2011 (UTC)

Hello

Hi I am the Founder of the Enclave wiki http://theenclave.wikia.com/wiki/THE_ENCLAVE_WIKI i belive you are familiar with people from there i am requesting something.When i first started the wiki i made Buerocrats without knowing their power and that i should not have more than one.I like my b crats but i am asking nicely if you can take their B-Crat away so i can leave them admins and have one B-crat..please get back get back to me with your disicion it would be most appreciated.Enclaveoverlord 23:18, November 7, 2011 (UTC)

It looks like some of them have been bueaucrats since early September, and have put a lot of work in to the wiki. Wikis are community projects, so it's their wiki as well as yours now. I would say that the best thing is to talk to them. Explain why you think there should be changes, and work out between you what they should be. Then you can let us know what you have worked out via the contact form, and we can look again -- sannse WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 02:26, November 9, 2011 (UTC)

Wiki Advertisement

Hello! I am Firestar1122000 of Warriors Cat Clans RP Wiki. (www.warriorcatclansrp.wikia.com) And, a lot of users want to advertise our wiki. was wondering if this could be possible. Thanks! {{SUBST:User:Firestar1122000/Sig|02:56,11/8/2011}} 02:56, November 8, 2011 (UTC)

Do you mean with a spotlight? There's a page on this here that tells you what you need to do. And, of course, you can also do things like talk about the wiki on other sites (although you shouldn't spam of course) especially those that relate to the subject of the wiki. Twitter, Facebook, and other sites can be useful ways of getting the word out too. Good luck! -- sannse WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 02:28, November 9, 2011 (UTC)

Help

Hey there, it's me from the Grouches Wiki. I need your help with something. For some weird reason, my picture counts now seems to be a little off. So if you could take a quick look at it & try to help me figure this problem out then I'd be very grateful. Thanks for the help!! -- GrouchMan (Send a note then scram!! P.S. Have a rotten day!!!!) 16:05, November 11, 2011 (UTC)

I think I see what you mean... 793 images counted on the sidebar (and in stats) but only 655 listed in allpages under "file". It's because videos are also counted it seems. When you add those in, it comes to exactly 793 :) -- sannse WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 18:53, November 12, 2011 (UTC)

Email Confimation

Hello, you may remember the converstion on chat we were having the other day about the WYSIWYG editor, and that I still am awaiting a reply. I case I didn't make it entirely clear what I meant in chat, I changed my email after the staff message was sent. Do I need to re write the message? Thanks, Sam2011 (Talk) 10:50, November 12, 2011 (UTC)

Hi Sam, I am concerned that the problem may be that your email provider is rejecting our messages. I know there are some issues around verification at the moment, but the email system we use for mail sent via the contact form is separate for that. We replied to the address that was on the form, but it sounds like that didn't get though to you. I think the best thing is for me to ask Sarah to contact you on your wiki on Monday. Alternatively, we can try and resent to the same address, or to send to a new one - whichever you prefer. sorry for the problem! -- sannse WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 18:57, November 12, 2011 (UTC)
Okay, a message my talk page would probably be easier anyway, I'll check again tomorrow. Sam2011 (Talk) 20:13, November 12, 2011 (UTC)
No, still haven't got it yet, but thanks for your help! Sam2011 (Talk) 07:42, November 13, 2011 (UTC)

Adminship Problem

Hi. On the Once Upon a Time Wiki, my friend, Agent45, tried to make me an admin, and she says it won't work. Any answers? Can you help? More details here. Thanks! -- Evanf (Talk)

Hi, I've fixed Agent45's access, they should be able to add you now -- sannse WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 18:59, November 12, 2011 (UTC)
Thank you so much. -- Evanf (Talk)

Happy Feet Wiki

Hey, I'm quite new around here, and I just stared to try and help on the Happy Feet Wiki, however I'm not sure how to create a Character Template, so I borrowed the basis of one from the Simpson's Wiki, but I'm not sure if that's morally right, or how to change the colour etc of it. I was wondering if you could teach me how to create a template, and perhaps would you be able to get rid of some of the spam pages on it, because there is pages such as Buy Purina Dog Food, and Drag Queens, etc. Thanks for your time. (Snowballdacat 11:11, November 13, 2011 (UTC))

Hi Snowballdacat, Trellar is going to look in and see if she can help -- sannse WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 01:54, November 17, 2011 (UTC)

Bakutech

HELLO, this is master spectra, you are the staff on bakutech wikia- i had joined bakugan wiki and a few times i got kicked banned the firsttime i misspeled a word and it looked wrong. i returned this weekend (to chating 0 and i was on with a few users after a while i was kickbanned AGAN by someone because i was misspelling words and not using grammer---- i checked the wikia chat rules and it only speaking of kickbanning when a user is dissobeing the wikia politics and i still got kickbanned. after that i made a new user (2nd ) and joined the chat and said how not cool that was and with a adminastrater there i got kickbanned meaning the adminastrater could of noticed what was going on --- today i made a 3rd one got kickbanned and was accused of sockpuppeting having moar than 2 users there was a link to talk to a adminastrater but i was blocked and could nnnot do this of this is fixable, im tired of it happining pleese tell what you can do. MASTER SPECTRA 21:05, November 14, 2011 (UTC)

Hi. I'm sorry, but this is something you need to work out with the admins on the wiki. In general, it's very much considered a bad thing to re-join with a new account when you have been kickbanned. It's better to discuss with the admin on-wiki, and ask about unbanning. -- sannse WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 02:13, November 17, 2011 (UTC)
The kickban is on chat. The one without the word kick on ban is Banned and that is actually blocked.--TricklesTest 16:25, November 20, 2011 (UTC)

SOS - Save Our Stubs

Hi, how would you and the rest of the Staff like to take over SOS and help with stubs after 30 members join? Thanks. -- Evanf | talk | contribs

I think we have enough to work on here and around Wikia :) but thanks for the offer -- sannse WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 02:13, November 17, 2011 (UTC)

Account deactivation

I wish to globally deactivate my account, how would i go about doing so? TheKoolKids 22:08, November 17, 2011 (UTC)4

You have to contact the staff and tell them why you want your account closed.--TricklesTest 22:18, November 17, 2011 (UTC)
Help:Closing an account. Rappy 22:24, November 17, 2011 (UTC)

Ants

Avatars_Funny_Crawling_Bug.gif 22px-Logo.svg.pngTyA_userpage_image.png Badge-VSTF.svg 01:19, November 18, 2011 (UTC)

Fire ants--GodPray  01:20,11/18/2011 

Cute! -- sannse WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 02:13, November 18, 2011 (UTC)
Gees I tought it was a real ant on my screen, I even tried remove it to no avail until I realised that it's not a real ant. Ha ha haa ha ha ha Guusebumps 11:59, November 29, 2011 (UTC)

About the Trollopolis Wiki

I would like to object to your reasoning of shutting down the Trollopolis wiki. You said that we are about vandalizing other wikis, and this is not true. We are about humor, and we use a trolling theme. It is a wiki about trolling, and for messing around without worry of being blocked - as you would on other wikis. We are in no way wasting other people's time: nobody's time is wasted by editing on the Trollopolis wiki. In no way d we encourage the Trolling/vandalizing of other wikis, just this one. We are also not the first wiki with a vandalism/satire theme. There are other notable ones, such as the UnMarioWiki, the UnEverythingWiki, and the Uncyclopedia. Our wiki is just like those ones. So, pretty much it's here for "If you want to Troll, do it here, where it's fun and harmless; and not degrading to other people's work." Thank you.--Giokutalkuser 16:10, November 18, 2011 (UTC)

Hi Gioku, There are two main things that worry me. List of Easy to Troll Wikis, which encourages people to troll on several wikis, including South Park Wiki (there may be other pages saying similar). And then there is the theme of "trolling" itself. Trolling doesn't mean "putting random silly stuff on pages where people don't mind", it specifically means "doing things to annoy others and disrupt what they are doing, because we find it fun". The other wikis, like UnMario, are about humor around a topic... and not about how to annoy people. So that's where I am with this. I'm willing to reconsider, but am really concerned about a wiki that encourages trolling in any way -- sannse WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 22:28, November 18, 2011 (UTC)

We can remove the said page if that would help. The wiki mostly makes fun of (and/or chronicles) Internet memes.--Giokutalkuser 04:20, November 19, 2011 (UTC)
Removing that page (and taking great care not to encourage trolling or vandalism of any wiki) would definitely be a help. And, as it's about memes, why not make that the focus instead of "trolling"? Meme City? -- sannse WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 06:10, November 22, 2011 (UTC)
We make fun of Trolling, as well. We're not really Trolling, we're making fun of Trolls. I failed to make that clear before, apparently.--Giokutalkuser 16:53, November 22, 2011 (UTC)

Help!

Ever since today whenever I try to edit a page I can't! The screen goes blank and whenever I type something into the subject/headline area and press publish some crazy codes appear on the page and I can NOT undo them! Look at this <URL not complete> —This unsigned comment is by Lssj4 (wallcontribs) . Please sign your posts with ~~~~!

I am going to assume he was linking to something on the w:c:ultradragonball wiki but I am having no issues editing there. Rappy 21:26, November 18, 2011 (UTC)
Hi Lssj4, it looks as though you have been able to edit since this? If not, please can you let us know via the contact form, giving as much detail of the problem as possible -- sannse WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 22:28, November 18, 2011 (UTC)

Urgent Matter

Hello Sannse i did not know who else to turn to but it would seem this is my last resort, you see i am a busy member of the Final Fantasy Answers wiki and for some reason we have no active admins there, so people can get away with creating silly questions that should not be up there, i grew tired of useing the delete template on this silly questions just so wikia contributors can remove them, i left a message to one of the admins on the Final Fantasy wiki about this but no one has responded so i have turned to you, if i had the power to remove this silly questions then i would not bother you but it seems i have to, if you can help me out here i would be appreicated, perhaps either you can remove them or grant me some rights to delete this then i would be most appreicated. 25pxThe Netherealm awaits for you 03:20, November 20, 2011 (UTC)

Adopt the wiki--GodPray  03:39,11/20/2011 
Another way to get them to stop making nonsense questions is to Contact the staff here. Thats why they can take out the silly questions that don't go on there.--TricklesTest 08:24, November 20, 2011 (UTC)
As a matter of effect. I can contact the staff and tell them they are creating bad questions and they'll take care of it and they will block the bad contributors on that answers wiki.--TricklesTest 08:27, November 20, 2011 (UTC)
And i've contacted the staff now. They will be able to take care of the spam and other questions they put on the Final Fantasy Answers wiki.TricklesTest 08:32, November 20, 2011 (UTC)
Staff don't deal with 'spam'. That's up to local admins. If it's vandalism, report it on the VSTF wiki. If neither of those options apply, request to adopt the wiki and take care of it yourself like Godisme suggested. Rappy 11:22, November 20, 2011 (UTC)
Actually they can but doing something to wanna take care of spam by himself will have to be tickled by staff and has permissions.--TricklesTest 16:22, November 20, 2011 (UTC)
They can, but they won't. Please listen to the advice here and partake in it. Rappy 18:43, November 20, 2011 (UTC)

Guys, I always appreciate your help on this page, but please can you keep the tone a bit more friendly and welcoming? Thanks :)

We've asked the VSTF to look in and see if they can help with the spam. And the suggestion to adopt the wiki is a good one... if that's something you want to do Nemesisx, that seems a good solution :) -- sannse WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 06:13, November 22, 2011 (UTC)

Sannse,

I, along with many others, have noticed that the Degrassi Wikia could use another admin. I know we just got one, but, we could use another active one. Only two of our admins are active. Caoil would be the perfect admin for our wiki. He is dedicated to the wiki. He is always working on coding and he even made the emoticons for our chat. I know that he's fairly new, but he's done so much in the little time he's been here. Making him an admin would be great for our wiki. He already has plans for what he wants to do. Thank you for reading this and I hope you consider this. (:

-- Amanda LikeASmirker95 23:21, November 21, 2011 (UTC)

Hi, I hope to pop in to Degrassi again tomorrow and see how the chat guidelines are going. I think those are a big step forward for Degrassi, so if those are going well perhaps we can look at more admins next :) -- sannse WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 06:16, November 22, 2011 (UTC)

Chat issues

Hello Sannse, I don't know if you've seen this but this blog is reporting a bunch of chat trolls from the DragonballZ wiki. I think it requires staff attention as it seems to be prolonged and even after Dopp visited their chat to tell them to stop, they kept it up.

Just a head's up for this. I didn't try to get involved much, but I witnessed them openly discussing which wikis they would decide to troll next in their chat, and they don't seem to be willing to stop by themselves. --Callofduty4 13:24, November 22, 2011 (UTC)

Can we pleeeeeeease get better chatmod tools now to make this kind of stuff easier to deal with?  Monchoman45  Talk  Contribs  Skystone  15:04,11/22/2011 
Dopp has been looking at the chat trolling. And I definitely hope so Monchoman -- sannse WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 20:36, November 23, 2011 (UTC)

SWTOR Wiki Admins

Hello Sannse,

If you remember you came to the SWTOR Wiki to help us discuss our options about moving. All but one of us have to decided to stay. I was wondering if you could remove the admin rights from Heaven's Agent, as he was the one person to leave. Although I hope he left with no ill-intentions, I am still concerned that he may do something at a later time. Thank you, Scimatt16 01:43, November 23, 2011 (UTC)

Bureaucrats are capable of removing other users' rights, with the exception of other bureaucrat rights. If you need someone's bureaucrat rights removed, you can ask via Special:Contact.  Monchoman45  Talk  Contribs  Skystone  01:51,11/23/2011 
It looks like Alexsau1991 is the active Bureaucrat, so he can remove the rights as needed. An I'm glad you decided to stay - please let me know if I can help with anything else :) -- sannse WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 20:40, November 23, 2011 (UTC)

The taipei time in the default

• Hello Sannse:
  • You can in my this wiki世界百科will to The taipei time in the default?--Msnhinet8 12:02, November 24, 2011 (UTC)
(answered via special:contact)

CSS Issue on SWTOR Wiki

I do not know if this is the correct place to say this (and if not, i hope that you can direct me to the proper place), but I (with the help of fellow user, Misat0) recently made an addition to the MediaWiki:Common.css on the SW:TOR wiki. This was done in an attempt to make a functional tooltip, similar to the one found on WOWWiki (for items and such). Myself and Misat0 managed to deduced that the issue is most likely that the Site CSS is not updating from the Common.css. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks, Scimatt16 15:54, November 24, 2011 (UTC)

Common.css is NOT loaded in Oasis. You have to either
  1. Reproduce the code in Wikia.css or
  2. Import Common.css into Wikia.css with the following line
    @import "/index.php?title=MediaWiki:Common.css&action=raw&ctype=text/css";
Rappy 19:31, November 24, 2011 (UTC)
Thank you so much!!!!! It works now!!!! Scimatt16 20:46, November 24, 2011 (UTC)

IRC Cloak

Confirming confirmation per confirmation request. — Flaysian (talk) 22:13, November 24, 2011 (UTC)

Another users avatar.

Hi Sannse, I would like to request that you change this users avatar, or even delete the account because of the name of it.(If this is within your power of course) The avatar is disgusting and so is the name. I highly doubt this user is going to be a decent contributer and I believe they made the account with the intent to troll, vandalize, and/or disgust other users. SSJ4 Vegito 14:45, November 25, 2011 (UTC)

Avatar deleted and the account's blocked now -- RandomTime 21:22, November 25, 2011 (UTC)
Thank you. SSJ4.Vegito. . . Talk . . . Contribs. 16:10, November 26, 2011 (UTC)

Atheism Wiki

The main page of Atheism Wiki is a bit dull, I'm planning to work on that wiki quite a bit. I wonder if your art team could help improve the main page. Ideally I'd like something that won't look uncool but won't put intellectuals off either. Proxima Centauri 16:00, November 25, 2011 (UTC)

Hi, you probably need Community_Central:Content_Team/Requests. Although I'm not sure at all what would work for your topic. If you have any ideas, I might be able to make a skin myself... but I'm blank atm -- sannse WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 22:51, December 4, 2011 (UTC)

Liberapedia

A user is keen to get material he wrote deleted and I don't know how to, see:-

Can you please see that everything the user wants deleted gets deleted. Proxima Centauri 16:22, November 25, 2011 (UTC)

Yes, I'm the user who was on Wikia and Liberapedia as Mrprogressivemale from August 13, 2010 to October 2011. So, please see everything else that I want deleted off the Mrprogressivemale profile. Thank you. I appreiciate it. MrSJWBarlowski 17:45, November 29, 2011 (UTC)

I've cleared the profile. Special:Contact is usually best for requests like that :) -- sannse WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 22:54, December 4, 2011 (UTC)

Admin

hello i was previously a admin on the big time rush wikia i retired for a hour but then i wanted my admin power back and brandon rhea still hasn't gotten back to me so i was wondering if you could give me my admin and beuracrat power back please respond asap Poky7774 14:03, November 26, 2011 (UTC)

You'll need to give her a link to the wiki for her to be able to do anything about this. ajr 15:07, November 26, 2011 (UTC)
What a silly thing to do. That is a spoof so thats cartoons. I would think that it is fantasy.--TricklesTest 16:16, November 26, 2011 (UTC)
If this is still a problem, please let us know via Special:Contact, and don't forget that link, or it's hard to work out what you mean. Thanks -- sannse WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 22:58, December 4, 2011 (UTC)

Admin

oh and here is the link http://bigtimerush.wikia.com/ Poky7774 17:33, November 26, 2011 (UTC)

I recommend you to contact the staff if you ever get off the edge of admin and demoted yourself.--TricklesTest 17:36, November 26, 2011 (UTC)
Ah, now I see it got fixed, good good -- sannse WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 23:03, December 4, 2011 (UTC)

HEY!!!!

i left a huge inpor-ent massage on your page the number was 38 tittled BAKUTECH read it thanks en stuff MASTER SPECTRA 14:04, November 27, 2011 (UTC)MASTERSPECTRAMASTER SPECTRA 14:04, November 27, 2011 (UTC)

Hi, as I repied there: this is something you need to work out with the admins on the wiki. In general, it's very much considered a bad thing to re-join with a new account when you have been kickbanned. It's better to discuss with the admin on-wiki, and ask about unbanning. -- sannse WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 23:27, December 4, 2011 (UTC)

HBH

Hello, I'm Windsword7, a bureaucrat at the Hogwarts Roleplay Wiki and a rollback at the Camp Half-Blood Roleplay Wiki. I need to talk to you urgently about actions commited by the user Head.Boy.Hog. Chat is preferrable but communication through messages is fine as well. I live in the PST time zone and any time from 4:00 until midnight is fine to contact me or chat. Thanks in advance, Windsword745pxSword of Hogwarts

Hi, the most reliable way to reach us is via Special:contact. You may also catch staff in chat, especially during San Francisco office hours. But if you give us a general idea of the problem via the contact form, that will help -- sannse WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 23:34, December 4, 2011 (UTC)

Wordmark

i need help on wordmarker zen shadow 16:17, November 29, 2011 (UTC)

(replied elsewhere) —This unsigned comment is by sannse (wallcontribs) . Please sign your posts with ~~~~!

Request for Wiki Deletion

Hi, I want to know if this wiki can be deleted. The person who it was based off of doesn't want it up anymore. http://rynen.wikia.com/ LIGHTSfanArt is Dead 01:55, November 30, 2011 (UTC)

Usually I'd point you to Special:Contact]], but this one looks like one I can remove. Gone -- sannse WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 23:48, December 4, 2011 (UTC)

I see you have rejoined the good side. Good to have you back.--GodPray  05:24,11/30/2011 

One day
<3 -- sannse WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 23:53, December 4, 2011 (UTC)

Wrong number of pages and wrong number of images

Sannse, I notice that Indonesian Folktales Wiki displays the wrong number of pages and images. How can there be -2 images? It should be about 33 pages and 11 images by now. This looks bad to display. I have tried the contact form but to no avail. Could you check please and tell me what have I done wrong? Thanks. -- Guusebumps 06:17, November 30, 2011 (UTC)

Thanks, Sannse this issue has been fixed now. -- Guusebumps 05:54, December 1, 2011 (UTC)

Image's problem Italian uncy

Hi Sannse, can I ask you 2 minutes to read this? ;-) Thanks! --Noncicl10px-OcchioPNG.pngpediologo 21:49, November 30, 2011 (UTC)

Indeed. And similar in US law. Of course, as Noncyclopedia knows better than most, that doesn't always mean that the people creating the parody are safe from problems... but we (Wikia) aren't asking for changes right now :) -- sannse WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 00:02, December 5, 2011 (UTC)

Please

Can you Please let me be a VSTF,Wikia Helper,and Checkuser beacause i want to check it if its a sockpuppet AwesomeSponge 21:14, December 1, 2011 (UTC)AwesomeSponge

If you need to check if a user is a sockpuppet, just contact Fandom Staff and they can tell you whether there is a match.--GodPray  21:19,12/1/2011 

Contact

Hey, I contacted wiki a couple days ago through the special page, about the inappropriate wiki, and you suggested I contact their parents if I was worried. I was wondering if you had any ideas on how I would contact their parents. :)

Drewlzoo(talk)

I assumed from your mail that you knew them in person. If not, then I think you probably don't know enough to contact anyone about this issue - unless you feel there is a problem large enough to contact authorities (which certainly wasn't something I saw) -- sannse WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 00:06, December 5, 2011 (UTC)

We are the walrus

youtube.com/watch?v=C4_hbYjimAQ 174.7.82.244 02:58, December 2, 2011 (UTC)

Goo goo g'joob -- sannse WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 00:09, December 5, 2011 (UTC)

Please

Sannse Can you please invite me to VSTF and can you pleasr let me have checkuser rights AwesomeSponge 17:55, December 3, 2011 (UTC)AwesomeSponge

I'm sorry, but both of those things are very rarely given, and only to people who are going to use them for Wikia as a whole, not to fix local problems (and only very trusted long-term Wikians) -- sannse WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 00:11, December 5, 2011 (UTC)

IRC Cloak

I am leaving you this message to confirm that I'm logged in as RoseGui on IRC, and that I wish a wikia cloak. Thanks, sannse! ^_^ --RoseGuiThanks rose (talk here) 23:53, December 3, 2011 (UTC)

Wikia doesn't gove cloaks anymore. Wikpedia does though. --Kangaroopowah- Talk 01:26, December 4, 2011 (UTC)
There are still Wikia cloaks. Sannse gives them out under special circumstances.--GodPray  01:40,12/4/2011 
Thanks for the confirmation, RoseGui. Kangaroopowah, freenode doesn't give ## cloaks, so we are making do (but unofficially an all) -- sannse WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 00:15, December 5, 2011 (UTC)

Catching up

Time to tidy :) Sorry for any slow or missed replies, and thanks as always to those who help out -- sannse WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 22:47, December 4, 2011 (UTC)

User Name

Hello I would like to change my User Name and I heard I must get permision from staff. So may I change my Name?Prince Retreat! 23:26, December 4, 2011 (UTC)

Read Help:Changing your username. Rappy 23:30, December 4, 2011 (UTC)

Holding a giveaway at the Elder Scrolls Wiki

Hey Sannse!

I'm Zluhcs, an admin over at the Elder Scrolls Wiki.

A couple of weeks ago I bought this videogame called "Orcs Must Die!" on Steam, which is a pretty cool game. I was intending to purchasing it as a gift for a friend of mine, but accidentally bought two copies of the game. So, since I was stuck with one extra copy, I thought it would be awesome to have a "Giveaway"-contest on the Elder Scrolls wiki (where I edit), and the winner would receive that extra copy from me. I haven't seen such Giveaways at the Elder Scrolls wiki before, so I thought it would be pretty cool to have one for the first time!

My question is if I am allowed to give away that game. I do not wish to break any copyright-- or any other laws, so I therefore wanted to ask you first :) I have seen such Giveaways at the Fallout Wikia and Call of Duty Wikia, as well as on many other wikias.

I was thinking of asking the community a simple question in order to have a chance of winning, such as "Who is your favorite NPC in Skyrim?", or something of that calibre, and then I and presumably the other admins of the Elder Scrolls wiki would present a winner. I am sure I'd be given the apporval by the Elder Scrolls Wiki Bureaucrat to have a contest there, so that's not an issue-- I just want to make sure it is legal.

Since the game is bought through Steam, I believe one must have a Steam account and "activate/register" the game to your Steam account in order to download and play the game.

Hope you can give a fast reply, so that I hopefully can host the giveaway asap :)

If you don't know the answer, I would very much appreciate if you could direct me the right way!

Thanks in advance!

Zluhcs  talk page  my edits  Elder Scrolls Wiki-chat

Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.