FANDOM

(Background-image)
(Dragon Ball Fanon)
Line 1,178: Line 1,178:

We look forward to your input, Sannse ^^ '''<font face="Trebuchet MS"><span style="background:#3300CC">[[User:Bluerfn|<span style="color:white"><sup>BLUER</sup></span>]]</span>[[User talk:Bluerfn|<span style="color:#CC0011">一番</span>]]</font>''' 10:32, October 18, 2010 (UTC)

We look forward to your input, Sannse ^^ '''<font face="Trebuchet MS"><span style="background:#3300CC">[[User:Bluerfn|<span style="color:white"><sup>BLUER</sup></span>]]</span>[[User talk:Bluerfn|<span style="color:#CC0011">一番</span>]]</font>''' 10:32, October 18, 2010 (UTC)

== Dragon Ball Fanon ==

Hello, [[User:Piccolo The Super Namek]] (Hes a Beaeucrat) on Dragon Ball Fanon, is telling us that user 900. 500. should come here and vandilize because of the skin. Please warn him about this. Thank you. {{SUBST:User:Goku return's/sig2}} 16:41, October 18, 2010 (UTC)

== Dragon Ball Fanon ==

== Dragon Ball Fanon ==

Revision as of 16:55, October 18, 2010

See Adoption requests to request admin or bureaucrat rights on an inactive wiki.
See Spotlights to request a spotlight.

Archives

Please add new messages to the bottom, thanks :) -- sannse (talk)

Studies done

When wikipedia created a new look, in addition to allowing veteran editors to revert to the old style, they had actual studies done.

http://usability.wikimedia.org/wiki/Usability,_Experience,_and_Evaluation_Study

Has there been any studies done on the new wikia look?

Thank you,

Anno1404 00:36, September 14, 2010 (UTC)

Hi. Yes, we've done both user testing and focus groups as part of the work on the new look. That's been mentioned on the blogs a few times :) There will be more of that in the future too -- sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 18:59, September 16, 2010 (UTC)

Searching for blog comments

Hi. I made a comment at this blog post:

This search finds it.

But clicking the link does not take one to the comment page containing my comment. How does one find past comments and replies in long blog comment threads?

The blog comments are not dated, and so it is next to impossible in a long thread. I tried clicking page after page, and doing calendar calculations, but it is too difficult. --Timeshifter (talk) 00:59, September 16, 2010 (UTC)

It's a tricky one... currently you can click the date on contributions or recent changes to go directly to the comment page, but that doesn't show you the comment in context. My preference is for us to add anchoring, so that clicking the comment link takes you to the specific comment within the thread. I'm talking to the people working on the feature about this possibility (among other tweaks) but I don't know if that idea will be taken up yet -- sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 19:02, September 16, 2010 (UTC)

(unindent) Thanks. The search pulls up this link:

Special:Contributions/Timeshifter pulls up this link:

As you said neither one takes me to the specific blog comment page to see the comment and replies (if any) in context. I suggest using true dates for blog comments. At least then one could look at the date embedded in the above URLs:

• 2010-08-17 232230

and then narrow down the pages where the blog comment is found. Anchoring is a good idea. I don't the technicalities though. I know that talk-page section watchlisting has long been requested on Wikipedia. --Timeshifter (talk) 08:15, September 20, 2010 (UTC)

Wiki Web Address

Hi i am going to make a Mythical Detective Loki Ragnarok wiki. The thing is they have one which web adress is mythicaldetectiveloki.wikia.com (mythical detective loki) but it has no information and i was wondering if i should make a new one called detectiveloki.wikia.com ( detective loki) because its shorter please help me. HazeShot 01:50, September 17, 2010 (UTC)

Go for it :) we can change the URL of the existing one, but if there is no content to save then I'd suggest making the new one. If you decide to adopt the existing one instead, then you can contact us about changing the URL -- sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 04:03, September 24, 2010 (UTC)

pleas

pleas hwo share links and pleas send me foals and hrous to farmville hateem-h@hotmail.com and how 3000 points

Sorry, I don't understand what you are asking -- sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 04:04, September 24, 2010 (UTC)

Can you delete this sex.wikia.com ? it's horrible.118.100.95.48 11:09, September 18, 2010 (UTC)

I'll have a look, thanks for letting me know -- sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 04:04, September 24, 2010 (UTC)

Godzilla Wikia

... Theres a Comment problem on the Godzilla Wikia (It also happened on the Lost Wikia) ... May you help out?? The comments end up looking like this [1] ---Metroid101 16:34, September 18, 2010 (UTC)

Change Name

How can i change the name on my wiki? Sw9889 (Have something to say?) 15:21, September 19, 2010 (UTC)

Just let us know what you need using Special:Contact :) Don't forget to include the URL so we know exactly which wiki you need -- sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 04:06, September 24, 2010 (UTC)

Could I take over the Entrepreneur.wikia.com

Hi, There is a 1 page wiki done 7 months ago that needs a new owner. Can I get that? See: http://Entrepreneur.wikia.com.

I'm doing an open source business plan for someone now. It would make sense to have us run with that wiki. It would still be a fully public anyone can edit wiki. We'd just use it for lots of new open source content that is about business and being an entrepreneur.

I've never done a 'take over' of an existing namespace in the past. Thanks. Rauterkus 18:38, September 21, 2010 (UTC)

See Community Central:Adoption requests. ☆The Solar Dragon☆ 19:21, September 21, 2010 (UTC)

Forums

Hi, Who should i go to if i wanted to set up forums on my wiki?--Sw9889 (Have something to say?) 14:59, September 22, 2010 (UTC)

For new wikis, they should all be set up already. Have a look at Forum:Index on your wiki -- sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 04:11, September 24, 2010 (UTC)

Themes are gone

The themes are gone from the Monaco and Answers skins. Since you usually announce these changes, and there wasn't anything on admin talkpages, staff blogs or central froum, may I assume this is an unintended glitch? --◄mendel► 19:20, September 22, 2010 (UTC)

Themes still exist as admin choices, and you can still change the look via your personal CSS pages. This is part of the transition towards the new look. Sorry for the missed annoucement -- my fault, I was confused about when this aspect was going live. -- sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 04:13, September 24, 2010 (UTC)

Is beta over?

I applied for beta back in August and you accepted me, but I don't have that access email yet. Was I too late? Please reply.

Dk64rules (talkcontribs)

It's still going, alongside the public beta announced this week. If you haven't had your invite yet, you should do so tomorrow :) -- sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 04:14, September 24, 2010 (UTC)

Banning

I was banned from Microwiki because my friends used my email so they would not get all of those updates. I think the Admin, Cajak, blocked me only because he did not belive in the pags I created. I think it is not fair that he can block me. I did nothing wrong. Rsmall1413 00:57, September 23, 2010 (UTC)

Admins can't see your email address. But I can see more details - including your IP. It looks to me as though they were correct in thinking you were using multiple accounts. I suggest you move on and don't do that wherever you choose to edit next. -- sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 04:19, September 24, 2010 (UTC)

bakugan wiki needs a change

remember your blog,http://community.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Sannse/Sneak_Peek_at_the_New_Look_-_Themes? Well i will ask the person who runs bakugan wiki to use the changes! if you want to know what it is like now,check the link http://bakugan.wikia.com/wiki/Bakugan_Wiki. use the photo here on the oher side of this message for its backround.I'll send you a message if abce2 says yes or no.send me an example thanks!
File:800px-Header-main.jpg

~GaiaDrago

Hi, the new look isn't ready to go live everywhere yet. But it will be available soon :) Keep watching the blogs, and we'll let you know more as soon as possible -- sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 04:21, September 24, 2010 (UTC)

Admin request posted

Sannse, my request for Admin at Kyle XY Wiki has been posted (properly, I hope) to the (appropriate, I hope) Adoption/Admin Request page. asap will be fine, anything else will (of course) be tolerated ;-)

- Thumlyly 00:16, September 24, 2010 (UTC)

Cool :) They are usually looked at quite quickly, so hopefully you will find out soon. good luck! -- sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 04:24, September 24, 2010 (UTC)

Hello sannse

Just when you thought you were caught up, you aren't anymore! Here's some kittens for wasting your time: 250px-Kung_fu_kittens.JPG

heh! Kittens are never a waste of time :P -- sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 04:52, September 24, 2010 (UTC)

AdminShip

Hello I'm Goku return's and I have been very active on Dragonball Af Fanon wiki and can you make me a Adminstrator on that wik?

Thank you, from

Goku return's

Please let me know soon.Thank you very much.

From Goku return's.

Please write back soon. {{SUBST:User:Goku return's/sig2}} 15:57, September 25, 2010 (UTC)

Hi, please go to the adoptions page, that's the place to ask for this. Good luck! -- Sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 23:58, October 3, 2010 (UTC)

I need help

Help, Help. Please help me.

I am new to editing and when I tried to make an article i could'nt make a contens box at the top of the page. Please Help ASAP.

Thanks Ichi. Ichikue 16:51, September 28, 2010 (UTC)

Hi, those appear when there are enough sections in an article. So just make your page, and add headers as needed, and the contents box will appear -- Sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 00:02, October 4, 2010 (UTC)

Question

Miss Sannse. If you don't mind me asking, why did you and the others wish to create these "Wikis" in the first place?Sonic & Scrab Master Kongosoha! 20:23, September 28, 2010 (UTC)

People make wikis for all sorts of reasons... but mostly because it's fun :) -- Sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 00:02, October 4, 2010 (UTC)

Irken Inavders wiki

Irken Invaders wiki where you can make a article about your fanmade Irken Invader and S.i.r. unit.
Irken Invaders logo

Rise fellows irkens. Rise up

Wikia's new look - request

Hello, Sannse. :)

Before I begin, I believe I can fairly say I represent the Fallout modding wiki project (falloutmods.wikia.com), being one of three, and the most active bureacrats there. I would like to request two things from wikia:

• One: please DO NOT apply the new beta skin to this wiki. The effects upon the users who regularyly use will be harsh, considering most are rarely on it. In fact, most users are from foreign countries, and their English is improving, but still poor. Editing the wiki for them is, well, not an easy task. I constantly have to clean up most of the files uploaded, categorize everything myself, manage all of the templates / categories / forums myself, and I'm not intentionally trying to sound like I dislike the work. I enjoy contributing to the wiki almost daily, but I simply don't like the idea of changing the entire layout of the website, making it harder to use for some of the still-learning users.
Also, this will eventually lead me to have a large job re-working the whole wiki's templates, because the changes will require it. I implore you to consider this, reply, and take this to wikia.
  • Two: I would like to request the removal of the Rich Text Editor from this wiki. I believe it was quite recently that the Vault, or the Fallout wiki (fallout.wikia.com) petitioned for it's removal, and was thus granted the notion. The relevance to my wiki? We are sister wiki's, and I believe what can be done for the Vault can be done for Vault-Tec Labs, albeit the major difference in regular contributions between the two.
Please, all of this is in order to ensure that the wiki continues to be usable and easily accessible to the general crowd of users it attracts.

On this, have a nice day :)

Ghouly89 (Talk) 01:38, September 29, 2010 (UTC)

Hi Ghouly. I've been looking at the Fallout modding wiki, and I don't think you will have problems with the new look. From what I see, the main tweaks needed are to some tables with a 720px fixed width. Some of those are templates, which means the edit only needs to be done once for a whole batch. By the look of those tables, they will fit well with the new width too. If you need help with the tweaks, let me know.
On the RTE - if your wiki has templates and so on that it don't work well with that then we can turn it off. We need to know that the community agrees, because you are affecting the tools of other users. So please talk to the users on the wiki, and let us know what you need via Special:Contact. Thanks -- Sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 00:15, October 4, 2010 (UTC)

WHAT DID YOU PEOPLE DO???

ok im very upset about your whole updaye it sucks THE WHOLE FABLE WIKI LOOKS FKD UP U should let the owners of the websites DESIDE THEIS WHOLE UP DATE THING LOOKS AWFUL PLEASE UNDO IT THE WHO GAMING WIKI COMUNITY BEGS YOU THE GAME WIKIS LOOK AWWFULL DeirdreKent101 13:03, September 29, 2010 (UTC)

hi

hi how are you?

ludwig van koopa

Beta Aggreement

Hi Sannse, As part of the beta agreement, are we allowed to upload screenshots on the new skin from the skin designer? I would like to show the community what it looks like. Thanks, ☆The Solar Dragon☆ 18:31, September 29, 2010 (UTC)

Hi, it's public in just a few days... and lifestyle admins have access already, so that's fine. Please remember to explain that it's still a work in progress, thanks -- Sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 00:21, October 4, 2010 (UTC)

div tag

Please fix the </div> at the end of this comment. Thank you! --◄mendel► 20:59, September 29, 2010 (UTC)

Here as well. Thank you! --◄mendel► 21:13, September 29, 2010 (UTC)
Fixed and fixed -- Sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 00:33, October 4, 2010 (UTC)
Great, thanks! --◄mendel► 09:57, October 4, 2010 (UTC)

i'll leave wikia if monaco "dies" and the new look is put in

If you all "kill" monaco and put in the new look i'll leave wikia and about 1,000 others will leave too.--Monster2821 (talk) 22:48, September 29, 2010 (UTC)

>:(

no millions will leave because that stuff sucks {{SUBST:User:ultimatesupersaiyanvegito/sig2}} 03:37, September 30, 2010 (UTC)

EVERYBODY WILL LEAVE

EVERYBODY WILL LEAVE

EVERYBODY WILL LEAVE

EVERYBODY WILL LEAVE

EVERYBODY WILL LEAVE

A request that does not have to do with the new Wikia skin.

As you can tell from this user's contributions, you will be clearly be able to see that he is spamming the blog namespace.

I'm sorry if you're the wrong person to bring this to, but there don't seem to be any "local" administrators here... Beware The Slicer 23:58, September 29, 2010 (UTC)

There are a few, although they leaving the blog comments to staff at the moment. It looks like that IP has moved on, but I'll keep an eye out. Thanks for the note -- Sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 00:41, October 4, 2010 (UTC)

Bureaucrat

Hi I can be the bureaucrat in this Wikia one piece fanon? I am speak spanish Lex-ph

Hi, please visit the adoptions page to ask for this :) Good luck! -- Sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 00:42, October 4, 2010 (UTC)

I love the new look!

Hey um Sannse can you tell me how the transition is going to work please?Lssj4 21:52, September 30, 2010 (UTC)

You will be able to see the new look by selecting it in your preferences soon. Then it will become the default for anons a while after that. We'll keep updating on the blog -- Sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 00:43, October 4, 2010 (UTC)

Please Help me please

Hi I am Agent Z admin from the Bakugan Wiki and I am asking, can you please bring the shout box back. So many users on that Wiki use it and we all love it. Please just for me? Leave the reply on my talk page, thanks! Pokabu Mijumaru and Tsujara rule! 22:14, September 30, 2010 (UTC)

We are looking at whether we can make a page for the shoutbox, but I don't know if that's going to be possible... We'll let you know when we know more -- Sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 00:44, October 4, 2010 (UTC)

Oasis input

Hey Sannse, I'm the admin for the Appleseed Wikia, and although I'm not a big fan of Oasis, I don't find it as terrible as some people do (although that's probably cause I haven't invested time and effort into customizing my common.css file like the others have).

My two biggest complaints over the change, please take this to heart, is the loss of the Sidebar, and the narrowness of the layout.

• Having a proper menu makes your wikia seem like a full-fledged website, and when organized properly makes all the major content easily accessible. I know a lot of wikis don't really use the Sidebar properly, but please take a look at mine; after Oasis comes, I have no idea how I'm gonna cram all those categories into the rigid, four menus/seven entries concept that's coming. It would be bearable if we at least had pop-up submenus within, but that's not so great either. Please, let's at least keep the Sidebar unchanged, or replace it with something similar, with a vertical layout and submenus.

• The narrow width of the articles makes it impossible to achieve an enclopedia-style look, and if you have 16:9 images on the site (even small thumbnails), they virtually span the whole article - not a good look.

• Also, can we get a bigger site logo space (and without the Random Page and Wiki Activity buttons barging in?) It's gonna be impossible to make anything unique fit in there ; )

Lastly, can my site be added to the beta testing program before it ends in a few days? I'd like to do some experimenting.

Thanks, Moonraker-6 22:32, September 30, 2010 (UTC)

Thanks for the feedback Moonraker, we are gathering it all as it comes in and passing it to the rest of the staff team.
I can't add your wiki to the beta program, but the new look will be available for you (and other logged in users) to select from later this week. It won't be default yet, so you'll have time to experiment with it -- Sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 00:48, October 4, 2010 (UTC)

Regarding the New Skin

It's stupid. I'm sorry to bother you about this, but I have to take a direct approach. It's driving me insane. THE NEW SKIN IS STUPID. And, as a tip from me to you, many people are going to leave unless you at least make it optional. Please don't lie to us, we know you're not listening. I cannot believe that you're forcing this new skin on us. 99% of Wikia's users hate the new skin. And you call yourself a community site? I think not.

Look, I'm sorry if this sounds harsh. I'm in an incredibly bad mood today and I'm fed up with your staff not listening to us. Read the comments on the recent blog post and you'll understand where I'm coming from.

-YE

Man I Totally AGREE!Anti-wikia-alliance Lssj4 12:03, October 1, 2010 (UTC)

We are reading all the comments -- please see our replies there for more -- Sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 00:49, October 4, 2010 (UTC)

Now, see, I don't think that's true. At all. I'm sure you're a reasonable person, Sannse. But this is just ludacris. You must see why this is a bad move. Many wikis, including mine, are going to leave if you don't make it optional. Seriously, I love Wikia. It's a really great thing. But you're making it, much, much worse by forcing this stupid new skin on us. I get it, it's all about the money. More ad space equals more cash. But, if you make it optional, the ads will still be on some Wikis, now won't they? You'll still get the money you deserve without upsetting your community. And, by reading some of your below replies, it most certainly will not work out in the long run. More than half of the Wikis on here will leave. Some people are even buying AdBlock so that they won't even see your useless ads. And that makes it worth almost nothing putting up these ads. And (as I said above) you call yourself a community run website? You're barely even listening to what we have to say. And don't lie to me about it, I know what you're doing. The only reasonable staff member seems to be Susan Taylor. She's actually responding to comments rather than just blatantly ignoring them like the rest of you. You have to agree with me and 99% of the users on Wikia and you have to bring this up to the rest of the staff. I'm already taking a direct approach and sending similar messages to this on other staff members' talk pages. It's not too late, you guys. You can still make your "community" happy.

-YE

new skin

you suck this will make wikia like the titanic

Dang nice comparison. -- Mojo22106 05:23, October 13, 2010 (UTC)

Archive of your current talk page

I promote a archive of your current talk page, for it is being vandalized quite a few times. Sirnot 03:21, October 2, 2010 (UTC)

Yep, I'm nearly caught up I think, then I'll have to tidy up :) -- Sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 00:51, October 4, 2010 (UTC)

Dead Space Wiki- No Active Bureaucrats

Hello, I am a Sysop from the Dead Space wiki and I would like to ask for your assistance in a matter of some importance: It appears that all of our Admins excluding myself, including all of our Bureaucrats, have become inactive and have been so for quite some time. I have heard nothing from any of these fellows and have become quite concerned for the wiki given this lack of Admins. As such, to ensure our wiki can continue to grow should none of the Bureaucrats return, I am formally requesting Bureaucrat status to make certain that the wiki can continue running smoothly. I apologize if I seem forward or the like, but I have stuck with the Dead Space wiki day by day since I joined and would hate to see it fall into disrepair; if you could assist us in the matter, the wiki, and myself, would be most grateful to you.

Thank you for your time,

--Haegemonia(talk) 12:52, October 2, 2010 (UTC)

Ah, I forgot to add this in the Main post, I apologize, I'm rather busy:
The reason I did not go through the Wiki Adoption is that I believe, given we are a very active wiki, this would act as a unique case and has more to do with ensuring there is a functioning admin staff then resurrecting a dead wiki. --Haegemonia(talk) 12:58, October 2, 2010 (UTC)
Hi, is it this wiki? It looks like a couple of admins have logged on, but none of you have edited for a while. With an active community, we ask that you discuss rights changes with the community and/or other admins. So I would suggest setting up a page there to talk about it, and leaving a message for the other admins who have been (sort of) around recently to ask for their input. Then just let us know on the adoptions page or via Special:Contact. Brandon and Wendy can help even in special cases like this -- Sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 00:56, October 4, 2010 (UTC)
Well, actually, I have been editing quite a bit consistently for the past while (if you check my contributions page or the activity feed you will see), but that's neither here nor there. I will use the adoptions page then, should their presence continue to be nugatory, as the only other admin to have logged in even remotely recently was Auguststorm1945, and that was more then a week ago... Anywho, I apologize for taking up your time and I thank you for your assistance. --Haegemonia(talk) 01:28, October 4, 2010 (UTC)

TOS vs. toolbar move

Could you have a look at w:c:guildwars and tell me if the "New Look" reskin I've installed is TOU-compatible? I find it very hard to guess what the words "proper display" encompass. --◄mendel► 22:31, October 2, 2010 (UTC)

No, that's not a properly functioning toolbar, and that's not a correctly displaying Wikia header. I'm afraid that's exactly the sort of change that we are concerned about -- Sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 00:59, October 4, 2010 (UTC)
Thanks for checking. I guess the toolbar will have to stay in my way, then. --◄mendel► 09:56, October 4, 2010 (UTC)
Excuse me, just for clarification: what precisely is not correct about our Wikia header? The width? --◄mendel► 10:18, October 4, 2010 (UTC)

copied from my talkpage on GuildWiki:

Thanks for changing the Toolbar, Mendel. Please can you also replace the formatting of the top Wikia bar and the footer? That's a change to the view of the interface that's against the ToU. We especially want users to see the actual look as the first release starts -- it's important that we see how the actual skin works large-scale, rather than this adapted version of it. Many thanks -- Sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 23:47, October 4, 2010 (UTC)

Sannse, I have been asking about this on your talk specifically because the TOU is not clear on what exactly I am allowed to change. Does this answer mean, nothing outside article space whatsoever? --◄mendel► 00:09, October 5, 2010 (UTC)
It means that you should not change the layout or functionality of the features or interface. That means the positions of the skin elements, and the styling of buttons and features (outside of the colours). Content area stying is fine -- Sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 04:52, October 7, 2010 (UTC)
Thank you very much for taking the time to clarify this for me. --◄mendel► 05:43, October 7, 2010 (UTC)

Traffic

Is there any way i can see the traffic on my wiki? i noticed on the spotlight explanation page that there were graphs depicting the traffic increase. I wanted to know if there was any way i can see one of those traffic maps for my wiki (w:c:3rdrock)--Sw9889 (Have something to say?) 03:45, October 3, 2010 (UTC)

Go to quantcast.com and enter the domain name of your wiki (i.e. example.wikia.com ). --◄mendel► 13:47, October 3, 2010 (UTC)

Emergency.

Sannse,

Please, can you delete this site http://lavalit.wikia.com/wiki/Lavalit_Wiki ? Can you make it as soon as possible?User_talk:Ericard 09:27, October 3, 2010 (UTC)

We don't usually delete wikis. If there is a special need, please let us know via Special:Contact -- Sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 01:05, October 4, 2010 (UTC)

ultimatesupersaiyanvegito

why did you ban me you didnt give me a warning so why {{SUBST:User:Vegeta and Vegito the legendary super saiyans/sig2}} 15:50, October 3, 2010 (UTC)

ps: im ultimatesupersaiyanvegito

If you vandalize (and several of your deleted edits were simple vandalism) then you get blocked. It's as simple as that. It's like saying "I threw rocks at a window, but you didn't give me a warning, so...". You are welcome to come back when your block expires in a couple of days... as long as you aren't disruptive again -- Sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 01:08, October 4, 2010 (UTC)
well thats my cousin he always gets warnings (he threw a baseball threw a window and got a warning neva did it again) :Þ hell neva stop you made him mad now hell do it more (always does) >,>

New Skin

I'm not sure if you're the one to ask, but if we have a Monaco skin with a banner across the top, will that be affected by the new skin? Here's the link: www.winx.wikia.com Roxy13~Dad, I'm a fairy! 17:53, October 3, 2010 (UTC)

Yes. It will not show on the New Look. --◄mendel► 22:54, October 3, 2010 (UTC)
Wonderful. I hate these stupid Wikia people. Roxy13~Dad, I'm a fairy! 09:51, October 4, 2010 (UTC)

Bot Flag

Ive just made an account on the Runescape Classic wiki and i would like a Bot flag so i can get on with my AWB editing. On the Runescape wiki i have a bot flag already on user PurpleElephantBot. I already asked a Bureaucrat for a flag but he said he wasn't able to. I wasn't really sure who to come to :/ To summarise, Bot Flag on PurpleElephantBot on the Runescape Classic Wiki Plzzzzzz, Thanks ^_^. - [Pharos]Talk

13:05, October 4, 2010 (UTC)
It doesn't really make sense to use a different account for your bot on the two wikis since you'd need to have the new bot listed at Community_Central_talk:AutoWikiBrowser/CheckPage. If you have that already (as for your PurpleElephantBot), you can immediately edit any other Wikia wiki (check whether the wiki allows it), but your bot edits will of course not be hidden until you get the bot flag for it. --◄mendel► 14:17, October 4, 2010 (UTC)
My bot, PurpleElephantBot IS listed, but i want a bot flag so its edits will be hidden on the RSC wiki, or does the one on the Runescape wiki cross over? What was this for? w:c:runescapeclassic:Special:Contact I don't really understand what you meant for me to head to. - [Pharos]Talk
03:09, October 5, 2010 (UTC)
Pharos: If you have agreement to use the bot on the Runescape Classic wiki, then you can ask for the flag via the link Xd13558 gave you :) It's possible to use a bot on any wiki without a flag, the flag just hides the bot's edits so they don't flood the changes list -- Sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 04:36, October 5, 2010 (UTC)
Ok, thanks for clearing that up. Ill just fill out the message now - [Pharos]Talk
05:05, October 5, 2010 (UTC)

Your definition of "spam"

Your definition of spam is distorted. Frequent and angered dissent is not spam. If it was, most everyone would be blocked on the CPFW- especially me -at least once.

If you read my comments, you will see that they are either relevant (albeit angered) or agreeing with a previous poster in a reply.

How is "I agree with you" spam? Or, how is quoting you or stating my bitter dissent with your (in my opinion) foolish move spamming?

I am not spamming you, at least not by my and the CPFW's standards. Those people that curse at you, those who just say "<censored> the you, Staff!", ect., are spamming. I am not. I can not recall a single comment in which I said something that was not relevant to either the post or someone else's comment.

Allow me to give you my definition of spam:

"The consistant, frequent posting of absolutely irrevelant comments which pertain absolutely nothing to the subject at hand, and do not present any sort of relevance to the topic being discussed, whatsoever."
Now, if you give me yours, since this is the wiki you govern and define, I will adhere to that... -but since you only call me a spammer with little to back yourself up, I must use my standard, and by what I typed up there, I am doing no wrong. Please, tell me exactly what you think spam is, and why you say it is such. Just because I have stated a point multiple times does not mean I am a spammer. Central Wikia's Recent Changes needs to consolidate the blog comments. That would make the thing seem less cluttered.

Also, if you must block me for this alleged spam, PLEASE, for the sake of my sanity, PLEASE only block on Central, and NOT globally! If I spam here, why do I lose the right to edit the CPFW for three days? Why are you punishing me globally for what I did locally?

So, if you could give me your exact definition of spam, I'll try and fix what I do on here. If you don't, though, I shall rely on my definitions and have reason to be angered if I get blocked.

If you don't respond within eight days, I'd consider that as "not a response". You have a lot on your hands, so I can wait for a reply for a while. After all, you can't read everything, although you seem to be monitoring me a little more than everyone else. Do you have a grudge against me?

-- TurtleShroom™! Jesus Loves You and Died for You!!  :) :) OASIS?! DO NOT WANT; DO NOT WANT!! Come, my friends! Together, we shall make a new look for Wikia! We shall make... THE OASIS!! 23:53, October 4, 2010 (UTC)

P.S.: Why are you exempting Uncyclopedia from your punishment? You should force them to use Oasis just like everybody else. Don't play favorites if you want to assimilate and make transitioning easier. Just because it is a "parody" of Wikipedia, doesn't mean it deserves special treatment. If all communities are equally important, and if all communities "need" Oasis, and if you want to eliminate all confusion when going from wiki to wiki, as you so claim, you can't play favorites just because you like Uncyclopedia better than the rest of us. So please, don't be hypocritical. Uncyclopedia needs to assimilate into Oasis just as much as everyone else.

I didn't read any of that, except the last paragraph, but is it true that Uncyclopedia is exempt from the forced Oasis skin? If so, why? I know you're a big fan on Uncyclopedia, but that hardly seems right. And they aren't parodying Wikipedia with Monobook anymore since Wikipedia uses Vector. Karate Jesus 01:47, 5 October 2010 (UTC)
TurtleShroom. I would call your repeated postings of the same (frequently abusive) comments "spam". You have made your point, you know we have read them, enough is enough.
As for blocking on just this wiki -- no, you can't be disruptive here and then expect to carry on using Wikia elsewhere.
Karate Jesus: Monobook is the closest we have to vector, so works as a parody skin. This has nothing to do with my personal preference, it's a hold over from them moving to Wikia (like WoWWiki's URL). I don't believe it's something we will support forever, but we are leaving it in place for now -- Sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 04:52, October 5, 2010 (UTC)
Ok, then why not support Monobook as an option for all wikis? Just because Uncyclopedia made some "deal", they get to use it and all of the rest of us are forced to use Oasis? That's ridiculous. Whether or not you have personal investment in that wiki aside, that's just not right. Karate Jesus 15:13, 5 October 2010 (UTC)
True. The only reason I can see for them to keep the skin is to not let the Nr. 1 wiki of wikia move. Also: "no, you can't be disruptive here and then expect to carry on using Wikia elsewhere." Isn't that the point of bans? If someone is disruptive on one wiki where staff does not regularly visit, while still contributing "decently" on other wikis, he would be banned locally. Why would it be any different here?
I am admin on 2 wikis, and if I blocked one user on one wiki, I would not ban that person on the other wiki too if he hadn't done anything wrong there. That is exactly what happened here though, and I find that the moral compass of staff is declining. This is not the only case like this I've heard of.--TalkpageEl_Nazgir 22:49, October 14, 2010 (UTC)

RE:Blog comments

Dear Sannse,

I admit that I have made a few main comments, but I have mostly been only replying to others' comments for exactly this reason. I also will admit that my sarcasm may be a tad less constructive than some other comments, but they still fully reflect my views on the New Look. And, seeing that I am one of the founders of the AWA, we can both assume I feel strongly about my opinion on the subject. If you fee that replying to comments drastically pushes others' opinions out of the way, feel free to say so on my talk page.
Help:Smelly Users (talk) was last edited at 00:24, October 5, 2010 (UTC)

replied there as requested -- Sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 04:55, October 5, 2010 (UTC)
Then I guess I'll slow down. I just have nothing better to do all day.
Help:Smelly Users (talk) was last edited at 04:56, October 5, 2010 (UTC)

Checkuser request

Hi, I'm just wondering if you can do a CheckUser on these 2 users and see if anything comes up.

User:L3VIATH4N - No longer edits at the BLWiki after an apparent incident involving attempting to make several large changes to the Wiki without getting community support first

User:TrollofReason - Seems to be getting off to the same start as L3VIATH4N. Has already planned many "big changes" to several articles on the Wikia, and even announced his intentions, but did not request community input, and claimed he's gonna start anyway.

So if you could CheckUser them for me, I'd love to see if TrollofReason is the former L3VIATH4N. Thanks! AtlasSoldier 16:41, October 5, 2010 (UTC)

skin+comments

as You may know many people wont like wikia the new way. im sure many users will possibly quit and soon this is what shall happen
File:Wiki toilet=GONE.png

So please im sure you guys MAY wannna rethink the changes because some people really quit(someone on my wikis) SOOOO i beg you dont change!!!!

wiki is fine the way it is and many complain.

I am not trying to be mean but plz rethink as many r already quitting!! —This unsigned comment is by Lewleworange (wallcontribs) . Please sign your posts with ~~~~!

I'm really sorry

I'm really sorry for the rude and mean comments I left on the blogs. Truly I am, it's just that I (like many other users) am angry and disapproving of the new skin. I just wanted to say that I've rethought my actions and am apologizing. I hope you and the rest of the staff can forgive me. Again, sorry for everything. Have a nice afternoon. P.png Frank-West P.png 19:21, October 5, 2010 (UTC)

Hi Frank, thanks for this. I appreciate the apology :) -- Sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 04:55, October 7, 2010 (UTC)
YOU APPRECIATE THE SORRY?!!!!!!, YOU SHOULD BE SAYING SORRY FOR THE NEW SKIN, THEN YOU SHOULD COMPLETELY GET RID OF THE NEW SKIN, BECAUSE NO ONE LIKES IT!!!! (P.S. That was the clean version of what I just wanted to say.)--Eduardog3000 07:49, October 10, 2010 (UTC)

Favicon's and Custom Backgrounds?!

I cannot for the life of me figure out Favicon's (I have the 16x16 icon, just no idea what to do next)

and I also want to add Wallpaper to my background (like on the True Blood wiki) Can you help?? No one can seem to help me! Much thanks

BuffymyBasset 23:25, October 5, 2010 (UTC)buffymybasset

Hi, do you have the icon as a .ico file? If so, you need to name it favicon.ico and to to Special:Upload on your wiki. Once you upload it, it should show (sometimes with a delay, they can be slow to update)
For a background, make sure you selected "Wikia" skin, and then look in your toolbar for the theme designer. There's a tab there for customising the wiki, including a space to upload a background. Have fun! -- Sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 04:59, October 7, 2010 (UTC)

Absurdopedia wiki is leaving

Hello.

There is the community decision signed by 19 users (56839 edits total) in support for moving Absurdopedia out of Wikia. You may check the voting page with a Google translator if you wish (the first statement, however, has been translated into English already).

According to this consensus, we've successfully exported the whole database and moved the project. Because of this we're requesting a deletion of your copy (absurdopedia.wikia.com section).

While our pages are valued high in the search engines, it could take a big time for Google etc. to adjust their search database, so assuming your good faith we expect you to support a code 301 HTTP redirection from our old URL to the new domain, http://absurdopedia.net/. It's also important because there're unauthorized mirrors of our website out there in the Internet, and otherwise they could be mistook by Google as an original website. Even while there're many links to our old location on Wikia in blogs etc., it is not essential to substain such a redirection forever, just for a year or about it would be more than enough.

Also, as Wikia hosts a large number of Uncyclopedia language sections, we expect the corresponding update to be applied to their interwiki tables. The same request will be sent to Uncyclomedia and to other independent wikis of Uncyclopedia family.

(this message was sent to you by one of our admins, User:Юрник (uncyclopedia:User:Praetorian), via Special:Contact about two days ago, but you haven't replied (maybe haven't checked email yet). As you insisted on sending this request to your talkpage, here it is. (but personally I believed that Special:Contact would be better) ~ Edward Chernenko <edwardspec@gmail.com>MediaWikiDumper 05:45, October 6, 2010 (UTC)

P.S. Of course, Wikia (technically) has a right to offend the community and try to destroy our project (by leaving itself a copy at a high-promoted URL), but I always believed that you're above such a behavior. Hope I wasn't wrong. If there is a place where community doesn't have right to make decisions on its wiki's path, this place isn't Wikia that Angela meant to create (a good cooperative project I always found to be nice for starting a new wiki).

Don't do this and accept our moving please. Look, I know, you had problems with many local communities recently (because of New Look), but it's not worth it to try to keep them this way. The community won't return anyway, so it's just a question of what would you select: support Russian Uncyclopedia (it's a brother-project of Wikipedia, you know) or make it overcome the damage (caused by the lack of redirect) for several years. Please reconsider your position and make the right choice. N extra dollars from ads are not worth making damage to the cooperative project. Many wikians have spend years improving it, finding it their home, and they can and will continue improving it, but you should help us and allow it. Please.

Looking forward for a positive reply,
Absurdopedia community, represented by ~ Edward Chernenko <edwardspec@gmail.com>MediaWikiDumper 05:45, October 6, 2010 (UTC)

Hi, I have your mail from Special:Contact, and will reply to you tomorrow -- Sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 05:00, October 7, 2010 (UTC)

Summarizing

Received your negative reply. Summarizing, if you want to fight the community, we'll beat your copy in a search engines ranking very soon, and you'll gain nothing. You'll never get new users on the copy either: we'll contact everybody who accidentially edits, and we needn't Wikia talkpages for this, you know. I'll also write messages to everyone who will try to create a new wiki on Wikia in Russian, telling them that they're putting their new-born project into wrong hands. I'd also help other wikis in Russian to move and I'd offer a completely free hosting without ads to any of them if needed, just to help them get away from your tyranny (forever, you know that noone of them will return). ~ Edward Chernenko <edwardspec@gmail.com>MediaWikiDumper 05:22, October 10, 2010 (UTC)

Looks like the reason why you don't want to place a redirect is because your system administrators simply don't know how to make it. Lucky you that it's not a good time to write to Angela, hope she isn't seeing this idiotism that you, just-yet-another-payed-marketing-manager, are currently doing. She would never commit such a treachery against the authors. ~ Edward Chernenko <edwardspec@gmail.com>MediaWikiDumper 05:22, October 10, 2010 (UTC)

Listen

Either you make the new skin optional, or you're gonna suffer a great loss over wikis. Lostpedia is even planning to pack up and leave because of the skin. YOU'RE RUINING IT!!!!!!! And I tried out the new skin, like you told me too. I'm gonna give you 3 guesses as to what I think of it. -.- -- Julietfan2626

I'm sorry, we can't keep Monaco, but you will be able to use it for the next month or so -- Sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 05:04, October 7, 2010 (UTC)
WHY CAN'T WE KEEP MONACO?!!!!!, THE NEW SKIN IS HORRIBLE!!!!!--Eduardog3000 07:53, October 10, 2010 (UTC)

Make a wiki

Hi would like to make a Wiki about a fan made series. I was wondering what if someone takes the idea because its a pretty good idea so what do i do. PLEASE HELP ME.

Hi, I don't think there is every any way of making certain that no one uses your ideas... even published books have their ideas reused. And content on Wikia can be used elsewhere (with attribution) so that's something you need to consider. But I think that if you want to have people read your work, then you have to put it somewhere public at some poitn :) it's up to you of course -- Sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 05:06, October 7, 2010 (UTC)

Why?

I know you've seen the multiple complaints about the new skin, and how it gives some editors headaches to look at, let alone try to edit. And it's confusing! And if you claim to have heard the complaints, why are you forcing this skin on us, because those of us complaining are fully prepared to leave Wikia if you do. Please, hear us! If this is truly a community site, don't force the new skin down our throats! Please!!!! Roxy13~Dad, I'm a fairy! 22:56, October 6, 2010 (UTC)

Hi Roxy, I'm sorry you are unhappy, I'll pass your comments on to the other staff at Wikia -- Sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 05:08, October 7, 2010 (UTC)

Warning

What you are going to do will cost you most of your wikis. Our wiki, the Spyro Wiki, is planing to follow the Kingdom Hearts Wiki and WikiSimpsons to ShoutWiki, and this is all your fault that the skin is changing. Ether keep the old one or become hated by us forever! (Sorry to be so mean, but I am very furious!) UxieLover1994 14:03, October 7, 2010 (UTC)

I'm sorry you are upset, I hope you will stay with us -- Sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 23:35, October 8, 2010 (UTC)
You're sorry!?!?! You're literally shoving poison down our throats!!!Roberto1205 17:13, October 11, 2010 (UTC)
They will not stay with Wikia, thousands of users and hundreds of Wikis will leave Wikia because of your new skin that literally gives people headaches.--Eduardog3000 07:52, October 10, 2010 (UTC)
Adding on to the previous, Dragon Ball Wiki is already on ShoutWiki, but the database bump isn't there yet. <.:-NomadMusik-:.> 10:37, October 11, 2010 (UTC)

Thanks for everything.

Hiya Sannse. Rare though they've been, I've always enjoyed our chats on IRC, and I've always found you very helpful be it on IRC, Special:Contact, or whatever.

I honestly appreciate all the times you've helped me with whatever I've been up to at the time and wish you the best. Cheers! User:A F K When Needed 16:35, October 7, 2010 (UTC)

Hi AFK, I always enjoy talking to you too :) I know you are unhappy with the skin change, but I hope you will stay with us and we'll talk many times again in the future -- Sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 23:40, October 8, 2010 (UTC)

Dear Lisa

Dear Lisa, I have noticed a great deal of offensive comments being left, both on your talk page, and on the blogs, regarding the new skin. On behalf of the users who have made such comments, I apologize. I won't disguise from you the fact that I too am extremely displeased with the new skin. However, unlike my fellow editors I won't resort to petty sniping. Instead, I hope to have a rational, civilized discussion with you, in the hope that we can reach a compromise, and prevent any further damage to Wikia. I must inform you that I'm a member of several prominent wikis. All of them are currently making arrangements to change hosts. The singular area of complaint that has caused this major upheavel is, (as you might have guessed) Wikia's new skin.

• It is redundent as it adds nothing new, and doesn't improve the overall wiki experiance.
  • It is ineffective as it complicates the otherwise simple navigation of sites.
  • It is visual unappealing, bland, and boring.
  • It causes headaches in viwers due to the text being on the left hand side.
  • It sacrifices many of wiki's customizable features in order to cram in more adverts, and introduce more Facebook style features.
  • It interfers with the layout, and overall aesthetic of several wikis. For example, the True Blood Wiki has had it's main page utterly ruined, as well as several of it's templates.

And above all, it has been introduced with out any sort of discussion or consensus, and despite the fact that the vast majority of the Wikia community has reacted negatively to it. I'm sure you have heard these arguments many times already, but they are true nonetheless. Several wikis have left already, along with hundreads of editors, and many more will follow. I implore you to start listening to the people who make Wikia what it is, or else risk implosion.

Thank you for your time. Damien O'Hagen 18:56, October 7, 2010 (UTC)

Hi Damian, thanks for all your comments, and for making them in such a civil way. We absolutely do understand your opinions on this, and those of other users. We've been working on this new look for a while now, and have been doing a lot of different testing as well as talking to people here and elsewhere. We know that not everyone will like a big change like this, but we are confident it will work well in the long run. I hope you stick with us to see that -- Sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 23:48, October 8, 2010 (UTC)
Well, thank you for replying. I appreciate that you took the time. However, I do think it is somewhat naive of you to think that all this controversy can be allocated to the fact that people are just set in their ways, and don't like the new skin simply because it's new. The truth is the new skin is completely and utterly flawed. I understand that it's been subjected to focus groups, and beta tests, and whatnot, but lets be honest, who knows what wiki editors want better than the editors themselves? It is also extremely naive to think that it's just a small minority of editors kicking up a fuss. When I say the vast majority of editors, I mean the vast majority. Now, I appreciate the fact that you cannot afford to keep Monaco, and that you must have put a great deal of time and money into producing Oasis. That being said, it seems the only remaining option would be to make MonoBook a default option for all wikis, as you have done with Uncyclopedia. Would that not satisfy everyone? I hope that you will truly think about it, and not just discard my comments out of hand as another user complaining about the new skin. If you do, not only will I not be here in the future, but I don't think anyone else will be either. Thank you again for your time. Damien O'Hagen 10:17, October 9, 2010 (UTC)
Ok Sannse, reply to the comment above, oh wait, you can't, because the only way to reply is to admit that what he is saying is true, and you are not allowed to do that.--Eduardog3000 07:56, October 10, 2010 (UTC)
Busy times, Eduardog, both on the wikis and in the office - which is why we are mostly replying on the blog comments, where more people will see replies and where several staff members can take turns to comment. I suspect it will be a while before I can keep up here fully.
Damien, Monobook doesn't give the flexibility and features that we want to provide. The new look is one that is designed specifically for Wikia, and we believe it's the right one for this site. And we certainly do want to be sure of that -- not just with opinions, but with data on how it's actually used as it's rolled out. Feedback and opinions are vital, but I think you would agree that we have only heard from some of the millions of people who visit Wikia. The voices that we hear here are important of course, they are often of the most passionate people on Wikia, but we also want to "hear" from the rest of Wikia -- and we'll do that by studying how the skin is used over the months to come. -- Sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 04:44, October 13, 2010 (UTC)
Of course I agree. I'm not asking that "New Look" be abandoned. (although many would want it to be) I'm simply asking that you allow communities to decide wether they want MonoBook or New Look as their default skin. I'm certain that most registered users are using MonoBook anyway, and the ones that aren't probably will be once Monaco goes. There really is no real reason why MonoBook shouldn't be a default option. Unless of course you're planning to remove it from the system in due course. Are you? Damien O'Hagen 15:11, October 13, 2010 (UTC)
I'm not going to say "never", because I don't know the future and refuse to guess :) but I can say that we don't have any current plans to remove Monobook as a personal choice.
But on offering it as a default: Monobook just isn't... enough. It doesn't allow us to develop the tools and features we want to, it's not going to give an identity and individuality to the site as a whole, it's an old skin that isn't going to help new users start editing or encourage readers to explore. And it's not going to allow us to show the ads we need in the way we need to show them (I'm not going to pretend that ads are not a factor :). And your guess about the skin used by most logged in users?... there are already way more people choosing to use the new look than use Monobook.
A long answer there.... and I have more to read and reply to on this page :) -- Sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 03:19, October 16, 2010 (UTC)
Mmmm, that's not very reasurring, but I'll take your word for it. As for MonoBook not being "enough" - this is the point that myself and others have been trying to make, it should be the choice of the community. The tools and features offered by the new look are of very little use to an encyclopedia, and are more in line with a social networking site. The new look is actually less customizable than Monaco was. As for brining communities together, I find that comment highly ironic. It isn't brining them together, it's tearing them apart, literally. As for the advertisements: I applaud you for not trying to decieve us in that regard, but if what you say is true, and most users are now using new look, then it sounds like you don't have anything to worry about. I'm sorry for taking up so much of your time. I realise you must be very busy, but I want you to know that I appreciate the effort you're taking in engaging with me:) Damien O'Hagen 16:37, October 16, 2010 (UTC)
Just to clarify, more people are set to the new look than to monobook, but most are still set to Monaco (which is as expected at this point -- that includes most inactive accounts, and many who haven't yet tried the new look at all)
Two quick points from the rest of your reply... I think that the tools we are introducing will help any community. Wikis need strong communities, and a tool that helps build one can help build the other. And (this isn't really about the new look, but a kind of a personal pet peeve) wikis don't have to be encyclopedias. They can be, and often are, but they can also be many other things - including books of fiction, games, support groups, opinion platforms... I sometimes think that Wikipedia has forced us in to a mindset that can ignore a world of possibilities :) -- Sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 05:40, October 18, 2010 (UTC)

New Look

• 1. How do I stop the RECENT ACTIVITY from showing up on EVERY PAGE? (See Madagascar Wiki )
  • 2. How do I change the options linked on the title bar? ([Here] I don't want all the info on the right side to be on every page. It ruins the layout of the page.)

Please help. --Deb1701 00:15, October 8, 2010 (UTC)

Hi, I think Sarah's replied to you... the sidebar is fixed, and can't be removed. The Recent Activity feed is a unit that used to be on the page, and now is clearer -- it's one that has been very useful in helping peole find what's going on -- Sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 23:54, October 8, 2010 (UTC)
Thanks. I found the answer to number 2 earlier and have fixed it. If the SIDEBAR is fixed, is there a way to make it smaller? Deb1701 23:58, October 8, 2010 (UTC)
No, the size is fixed, part of the reason for the sidebar is to move the top advert (visible to logged out visitors) in to it and out of the content.. so the sidebar is a fixed size -- Sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 04:46, October 13, 2010 (UTC)

Editting MY TOOLS

600px

This is what I get. --Deb1701 19:41, October 8, 2010 (UTC)

Hi, please can you report this with Special:Contact on the wiki you see this on? That will give us some extra information about your system set-up that should help us understand what's going on. Thanks -- Sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 23:56, October 8, 2010 (UTC)

Re: Patterns

Hello!

I'd really appreciate, if you adapted my Wikis design to the new look, because I've found no use of this ThemeDesigner and the old Monaco.css code didn't work in the new Wikia.css either. So, I ask you, if it's not a big request, to do as much as you can, so you may convince me. If I won't be satisfied with the "new possibilities", I will start thinking about leaving. Because I don't want to lose all my work with the design, to have a "template-wiki", which means most of the wikis will have similar look in the new skin, there won't be uniqueness.

Thanks forward.

Alquen 20:08, October 8, 2010 (UTC)

I hope you like what I did this weekend, Alquen :) -- Sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 04:48, October 13, 2010 (UTC)

Featured Articles

Hi, me again, I was just wondering if you could tell me how to set up a featured article system for my wiki. i tried to set up a featured quote system but failed almost miserably (although we are still using it) but i wanted something like star wars fanon's featured article system (obviously with my own tweaks but that was my inspiration.) so if you could tell me how to do it, and how to get it on the menu. thanks.--Sw9889 (Have something to say?) 20:27, October 8, 2010 (UTC)

Best place to ask for this is on the forums... I'm not familiar with their system, so I'm sure someone there can help you a lot faster :) -- Sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 04:50, October 13, 2010 (UTC)

WHAT ?

Hello this is Ponds11 WHY was i blocked you did not give me a reassion i was blocked . Because i stated my opion a couple of times that is not fair can you please unblock me and you bloced me from all wiki's why. --71.79.162.254 22:54, October 8, 2010 (UTC)

Navigation

Hi, Sannse!
I'm finding it harder and harder to navigate between wikia or to find one that I'm interested in... unless I already have it bookmarked, it can be difficult to find. For instance, the Lifestyle page on www.wikia.com only goes to the top 10 wikia in that category, there's no way to get from it to the Lifestyle hub. Similarly, the drop down menu deadends to the top 10 or currently most popular, and I can't find a good way to get from either to the other Lifestyle wikia. This appears to apply to the other areas too. And the search is so broad that by default it doesn't work either. I'd suggest creating some of those cross-linkages. (The new skin also makes navigation to special and administrative pages much harder.)
Hope things are going well for you and that your move went well.
-- CocoaZen 01:42, October 9, 2010 (UTC)

Hi CocoaZen, good to see you :) The move went great thanks, I love living here!
Thanks for the feedback, I know that navigating hubs is something that's been talked about in the office, so I expect there to be developments here. It's all certainly a lot different from when we could keep a full directory here on this wiki! I'll show Jeska your message when I get to the office tomorrow. She works specifically on the Lifestyles hub, and will want to hear your thoughts.
On navigation to other pages... have you added Special:Specialpages to your toolbar? You can also add specific pages you want to be at hand, very useful!
Best wishes -- Sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 05:34, October 13, 2010 (UTC)

Problems with new skin

I have some problems with new skin. First, too narrow area article (2/3 all page). Can not be extended? See for screens:

[2] -> monaco, ideal fit

[3] -> new skin, too narrow

Second, problem with tables. Some examples:

[4] -> monaco

[5] -> same, but new skin

[6] -> Main Page "Wikia Polska" on new skin

[7] -> same, but monaco

[8] -> monaco, note the colors

[9] -> no colors on new skin

[10] -> bottom templates on monaco

[11] -> same on new skin, templates are demolished

Please, fix it. --Gudyś 08:41, October 9, 2010 (UTC)

Hi, it looks as though you had some missing CSS. Please let me know if the colours and so on are still a problem. -- Sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 05:40, October 13, 2010 (UTC)

New skin :(

Hi there Sannse,I am here because of new skin,it really annoyis me and all of my friends.Is there any way that Dragon Ball Wiki and Dragon Ball Fanon Wiki stay with Monaco look.I please you.The Wikia's like ours need Monaco because it is easy to use and we can see recent articles which is really important to see (Especially Dragon Ball Fanon Wiki) for us.Also,we make kinds of text which are easiest to use in Monaco.

Link to Dragon Ball Wiki: http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/

Link to Dragon Ball Fanon Wiki: http://dragonballfanon.wikia.com/wiki/

Thanks in advance, Raging Blast

Hi, We aren't going to be keeping Monaco at all, so we aren't able to make an exception for these wikis I'm afraid. But you can still see the recent articles for the wiki -- they are listed in the sidebar on the right. Or you can add Special:NewPages to your tools, if you prefer to see them in that format. -- Sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 05:45, October 13, 2010 (UTC)

Please can you either...

Unblock Fusion Arceus's IP or how do you change the skin of the bakugan wiki?

Looks like someone has found the Theme Designer. That's... bright :)
I don't know about Fusion Arceus' IP, but for block issues, it's best to contact the admin concerned or use Special:Contact -- Sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 05:48, October 13, 2010 (UTC)

favor

hi lis could you grant bureaucratic rights on ASW the user is bluefrackle and he is an experienced user and I am the only admin and he has been invaluable to me --Owen1983 23:04, October 9, 2010 (UTC)

Hi Owen, I'm not quite sure what you need... can you add the details to the adoptions page? Please include the URL of the wiki, and check whether you mean that you want him to have admin rights (able to delete, block, etc) or bureaucrat rights (able to make others admins). And remember, if you have bureacrat rights, you can make him an admin yourself :) -- Sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 05:51, October 13, 2010 (UTC)

new wikia skin

this topic came up in the Mafiagame wiki many people hate it I now and i agreed with the admin that people don't like change i have used it and its their is nothing wrong with it--Owen1983 23:09, October 9, 2010 (UTC)

I'm glad it works for you :) -- Sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 05:51, October 13, 2010 (UTC)

Robot War Wiki malfunction

Hi Sannse

Robot Wars Wiki's unblocking function is still not working, and I am unable to allow CBFan to return to our Wiki. Can you please hurry and help me on this problem, because we're very much in need of help.

Thanks. Toon Ganondorf (t c) 23:45, October 9, 2010 (UTC)

It looks like there are a lot of infinite bans on IPs with the comment "CBVFan".. possibly one of those is the problem? CBFan may be able to tell you what IP is being blocked from the message he sees when he tries to edit -- or you could just remove all of those IP blocks to see if that helps -- Sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 05:55, October 13, 2010 (UTC)

New Skin? No Users.

I'm sure you've heard 1000+ rants and negative comments about the new skin. Its terrible, it's bland, boring, ruins layouts, things like that. And I have noticed, that in your Gaming category's "Fan-Gaming" subcategory, the "flagship" wiki is......

Fantendo, The Nintendo Fanon Wiki.

No other wiki is like it. It is the very best fan-gaming wikis have to offer. 7000+ articles, most well-written. Now, I'm sure that you are aware that Fantendo has spwaned many subwikis focusing on one game series.

Well get this.

I'm a regular user on Fantendo, and I have heard that they will be moving. To ShoutWiki. Under a new name. And maybe 1-10 users are staying behind, while the rest of us users go off to a better wiki on a new host. Fantendo Wikia will not be well-written, no longer the best, and it cannot be recreated. It's still there. Dead space. It's not being abandoned, therefore it shouldn't be deleted. But, the entire "Fan-Gaming Central" will be dead. Forgotten. You will destroy the "Fan-Gaming" segment of Wikia. I can't imagine that all the rest of those subwikis love the New Skin too. I can't imagine that most of your wikis will stay. I know, it's been said contless times. But Fantendo is going down. It is moving on. Just have a look for yourself one day, and see the blogs of those such as Cobweb, Hemu, and others. See what is to become. It's proof. No fiction. No vague sentences. It's right there in WikiaSpace.

You must make Monobook available. It's been said that New Fantendo will use that skin. We love it. We hate this "fresh new look." Your losing countless users by day I'm sure. Everyone's not preparing for the New Look. They're leaving it.

Consider my suggestion. You will keep thousands of users. Wikia is supposed to be for the users, by the users. We're not ranting and freaking out because it's new. We've seen it, used it. It's bad. There's no long run, just a long run away from here.User:Dk64rules

Adding on to Dk64rules, the Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Fanon and Simpsons Wiki are all moving (the latter to ShoutWiki.) The company will lose a lot of money for losing a lot of users. The new skin shows no feeling and no emotion. This isn't just my opinion, just check the wikis themselves. I'm not offending you personally, but please, no new skin. Hopefully, you people will agree with most of the users. <.:-NomadMusik-:.> 20:38, October 10, 2010 (UTC)

We certainly don't want anyone to leave Wikia, and hope you will reconsider. Dk64rules, something you said is confusing me... you said it's bland and boring? Have you see that it can be customised by any admin using the Theme Designer? My current favourite is Fable Wiki -- Sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 06:00, October 13, 2010 (UTC)

Please

Please please please reconsider. At least give us the option to switch in between. Lets face it, with Monaco, almost every wiki looked wonderful, and was customizable. This has lowered the quality and individuality of our wikis so much. It seems that you are trying to keep us from progression. And let's face it, what makes you go through with this considering that nobody likes it? --Chris talk blog 13:37, October 10, 2010 (UTC)

The new look can also be customized, and a lot more easily than before. If you are an admin, select the Theme Designer from the toolbox at the bottom of the page, and you can upload backgrounds and change colours easily. Have a look at the Fable wiki or Dead Rising for examples -- Sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 06:03, October 13, 2010 (UTC)

Help please.

The new skin has messed up the infoboxes on my wikia, and I don't know how to fix them... I will send you two links that show my infobox ruined. I am hopelessly confused when it comes to coding so can you fix it please?

http://splitfanfic.wikia.com/wiki/Josh_Jackson

&

http://splitfanfic.wikia.com/wiki/A_New_Beginning,_Part_1

Also, the navbox at the top of the second link is really squished... And I don't know what to do about that.

-- Julietfan2626

Possibly these have been fixed? The infoboxes look the same as on Monaco to me. The navbox contains a lot of information, which is why it's looking a bit squished. One thing to remember is that it will look similarly squished to Monaco users with smaller monitors. It's better to make your tables fit a smaller space well, then it will always look good for everyone -- Sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 06:06, October 13, 2010 (UTC)
I don't know how to make it fit a smaller place without making the text tiny. And I'm on a netbook and I can't hardly read anything anyway... it's so awkward! And the infoboxes haven't been fixed! The things like {{{AKA}}} are still showing if I don't use them, they didn't show on the old version, they were hidden, but that's not the case with the new look. There, i gave you feedback, now you have to solve the problem :'( -- Julietfan2626
did you try to edit the page in SOURCE option? Can you delete the code line from the infobox code? Deb1701 13:53, October 15, 2010 (UTC)
What? It's a template thingy, the super long code is a template, and then I use it by going |Name=Bob etc... and i haven't included things i don't need, and with the old skin, the things i don't use appear in the final template, but now everything appears! All sections. -- Julietfan2626
Ah, now I see, you had some CSS missing. I've added it, and the templates work now -- Sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 03:53, October 16, 2010 (UTC)
O:!!! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! :D -- Julietfan2626

Why was Smiley12 blocked?

You blocked Solar Dragon. Well, he insulted Sarah and you, but, why was Smiley12 blocked? What did he do? TheHomer 16:38, October 10, 2010 (UTC)

He was blocked by Uberfuzzy, not sannse. 92.7.195.72 20:40, October 10, 2010 (UTC)
There are two reasons we've blocked people. Either for abusive behaviour (and we've been pretty tolerant of that - we'd really rather talk to people than block them) or for trying to harm a wiki they have decided to leave. -- Sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 06:11, October 13, 2010 (UTC)

Background-graphic

Hi Sannse!

I was just wondering if there were any way to get the background graphic to follow the page as you scroll? Because, as you can see at TheDemonCycle Wiki the graphic at the top left corner would look ten times better at the bottom left corner, following the page.

So I really hope there is a way, css or not (maybe even making it a feature at the ThemeDesigner :))

Yours, Marken4 21:35, October 10, 2010 (UTC)

• Hi. Do you mean fixing the image in place so it moves with you? If so, here's a way, not with the theme designer but through CSS. Here's the code:
/* Background image */
body {
background: transparent url(image URL goes here)  no-repeat;
background-attachment: fixed;
}

Problem user

Greetings Sannse,

I'm having an issue with User:Goku return's. You see, he was on my wiki, the Dragonball AF fanon wiki, but was blocked for harassment and for inserting gibberish into other pages. He then proceeded to harass me here on the Central Wiki, and on Dragonball wiki. I double checked the history on my talk pages to make sure it was him before I reported him to you. If it's possible, could you give him a warning? I would, but I don't want to appear rude and I think he'd take it better coming from a staff. I appreciate your time. Thank you. ---Ten Tailed Fox talk page 23:27, October 10, 2010 (UTC)

I'm sorry i wasn't trying to harras you i was trying to get your attention so i can talk to you. Please don't block me i wont do it again. User:Goku return's

Sounds like you need to move on, Goku. You've been blocked from that wiki, but there are plenty of others to edit on... so please leave Ten Tailed Fox be and find another wiki to use. Thanks -- Sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 06:14, October 13, 2010 (UTC)

New Message

I just wanted to point these things out:

Produce quality, not quantity.

Quick and simple.

Better quality>Users.

Don't promote yourself to your supporters it's pointless. It's like making a rally against people who agree with you.Roberto1205 17:28, October 11, 2010 (UTC)

Re:Theme

Hi, thanks. Just wondering about the Theme Designer- who can use it? And are my changes visible to everyone on Brickipedia? Captain Jag Talk 24 Edits! Jai'galaar Captain Jag Talk 24 Edits! Jai'galaar 20:56, October 11, 2010 (UTC)

Hi, it can be used by any admin on the wiki (except on this wiki where anyone can use it) and your changes will show to everyone using the new look. Anons will be seeing the new look soon, so they will be able to see your theme then -- Sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 06:17, October 13, 2010 (UTC)
That's strange then… I'm not an admin on Brickipedia. Captain Jag Talk 24 Edits! Jai'galaar Captain Jag Talk 24 Edits! Jai'galaar 07:08, October 13, 2010 (UTC)

IPod users

I usually look at wikis on my iPod, and the navigation is hard on the iPod unless the wiki has a navigation bar with all of the pages linked to it. I was wondering if y'all could some how put the wiki side bar in it along with being able to edit in iPod format. --Shadowviper 21:05, October 11, 2010 (UTC)

We're working on a skin specifically for mobile devices, so hopefully using Wikia on those will be a lot easier sometime soon :) -- Sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 06:18, October 13, 2010 (UTC)

Look, I'm begging you....

Please don't do this to us. The Sonic News Network and its related wikis are threatening to leave Wikia. DO YOU BASTARDS REALIZE WHAT YOU HAVE DONE?!? YOU HAVE STARTED THE MOTHERFUCKING APOCOLYPSE!!!! Please, don't change the skin. If you do, all my friends will leave Wikia......I'm begging you.....don't do it.....

Multiverseman 00:20, October 12, 2010 (UTC)

That's an immature and offensive message, they know users don't like the skin, but that doesn't mean we have to insult the staff. Next time, watch your language. --((((Matias)))) ~ Talk AVATAR Wiki 00:51, October 12, 2010 (UTC)

Hello

Hi! I need some help...I'm the new bureaucrat of this abandoned wiki, and I wanted to make a template, only I don't know how! So, could you please explain it? Please remember, I do not know much about html codes. Thanks so much, JennyVincentTalk to Me!♦ 00:22, October 12, 2010 (UTC)

Hi, the best place to get help with templates is on the forum. The basics is that you create a page with the name "Template:whatever" and then you can use the code {{whatever}} on any other page to show whatever is on that template page. The rest is all about designing what you want to be on that template page... and that's where the experts on the forum come in :) -- Sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 06:21, October 13, 2010 (UTC)

New Wikia Layout

I'm having a couple of problems. Do you have any tutorials or anything to go through in order to convert Monaco Wikis to the new Oasis layout? And why must I lose the logo? -Monasti-Bureaucrat of Herofactopedia 11:11, October 12, 2010 (UTC)

Hi, there's a page at Transition guide that gives help with the change. The main things are to copy over any code from Mediawiki:common.css to Mediawiki:Wikia.css that you want to keep (things like custom table formatting), and to use the Theme Designer to set up your new look. The logo is now the "wordmark", and you can also upload a custom one of those via the Theme Designer. Let me know if you get stuck -- Sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 06:24, October 13, 2010 (UTC)

Replies

Hi everyone - sorry for being so slow on this page this week. I hope to get all caught up again today. If you need urgent help, then please use Special:Contact - a few people answer there so you are likely to catch someone faster :) In the mean time, apologies again, and I'll be back to catch up as soon as I can! -- Sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 15:14, October 12, 2010 (UTC)

Changing the skin.

How do I change the skin of this http://holocaust-encyclopedia.wikia.com to be Monobook, but for all users?

Anonymiss Madchen (Talk) 16:26, October 12, 2010 (UTC)

[abusive comment removed]
Hi Anonymiss Madchen, we don't offer monobook as a default skin on Wikia. We are in the middle of moving to the new Wikia look, which you can see by choosing it in your preferences. Of you can keep Monobook as a personal choice, but your visitors will see the Wikia default (once we are fully switched over) -- Sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 06:28, October 13, 2010 (UTC)

New Wiki Look

Hello Ma'am,

I would like to say a few words about the skin. Three guesses. And they are all sucks. There are lot of blogs regarding this issue.

One of the blogs (link)

I'm sorry if I'm being offending you in any ways but many members on our Wiki have started to rebel about this new 'Oasis' look. As a Wiki Staff Member, it is your duty to ensure that every Wiki member is happy. In order to do that, I request you to remove this skin from all Wikis. If you cannot do that, at least do not remove Monaco skin. Thank you. Many of my friends are planning on leaving Wikia if the Monaco skin is gone. As Bureaucrat of Dragon Ball Fanon Wiki, I must keep every member of the my community happy and it is the Staff's job to make everyone of every Wiki happy. The Wiki will be empty if there are no members, so the members have the main power and rights. This is a democracy! Without us, the Wiki would have been closed ages ago. So, I hope you do what the Wiki Members wish.

Piccolo The Super Namek

Sadly, I can never make every wiki member happy.
But thank you for your feedback -- Sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 06:31, October 13, 2010 (UTC)
But you could always try and make MOST wiki members happy... as opposed to 8 of them. 93.93.222.206 08:25, October 13, 2010 (UTC)
If you can't make everyone happy, make a majority of them happy! About 99.99% of the Wiki Members hate this new Wiki. So whom do you want to be happy? 99.99% or 0.01%? Think about it ma'am. Piccolo The Super Namek
I have asked you many times politely to change the new skin but I'm afraid now, we have to be more hostile! We will start a rebellion today about this new skin! You guys are just posers who act as if you are about this Wiki! If you really care about us, at least change the new skin because we hate it! It sucks! Piccolo The Super Namek
Listen to the community, Wikia. Almost everyone hates new look. Don't make members leave. >SiPlus -talk -contributions_
14:58, October 14, 2010 (UTC)

4000th

Congratulation on your 4000th edit! -- CocoaZen 05:26, October 13, 2010 (UTC)

Woohoo! Thanks! And I have a tidy talk page too. I think that's a good enough reason to head for a comfy bed :) G'night -- Sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 06:32, October 13, 2010 (UTC)
Congratulations!
Piccolo The Super Namek

Lostpedia CSS

I'm fine with the changes from a design standpoint, but I don't see how it violates the vague new TOU. It would be helpful if you had some better documentation with a list of do's/don'ts. I have the background image in xcf format with objects in layers, which could have saved your designer some time had you reached out to me before implementing the changes. Please have the designer work his/her magic using this file and re-upload the cleaner background and base xcf image when done. w:c:lostpedia:file:Background-tall-blank.xcf. Thanks, --jabrwocky7 (talk) 11:19, October 13, 2010 (UTC)

Hi, yes I think we need to improve on the guidelines. It's definitely on my list (which is a bit crazy right now)
I'll pass the file on and see what we can do, thanks :) -- Sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 04:48, October 14, 2010 (UTC)

Ok sorry.

I understand sorry for my comments thank you for giving me a warning:).Lssj4 12:21, October 13, 2010 (UTC)

A little help

Hello there.

I dunno what there is that you guys can do about it right now, but the new wiki look has disappeared from several wikis. Now, having consulted with the admins at the affected wikis i've noticed that none of them have had the Wikia skin option disabled or anything of the sort. What i get now is the Monaco skin, which for a user that does like the new skin feels odd.

I hope that you guys at Wikia can sort this out quickly, as (especially at the Medal of Honor wiki, where you'd usually find myself) the new skins are starting to look really good, and it'd be a shame to waste them.

If you need to contact me, just ring a bell on the medal of honor wiki (not the moh.wikia version). - Heatedpete

(oh, by the way, sorry for not using the signature button, as that'd just be useless as it'd just read {{SUBST:Signatures/Heatedpete}})

Hi, I'm not sure what you are seeing at the moment, I'm seeing the new look (And WOW! on that skin!). Maybe it was a glitch? Are you still seeing it? If so, please can you use Special:Contact and let us know the details? (That gives us some extra info about your set-up that helps us trouble shoot. Thanks, and great to hear you like the new look! -- Sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 04:55, October 14, 2010 (UTC)
New look's back. Must've been just a glitch in the system, but quite a few editors i've spoken to had this problem - Heatedpete

A Polite Question

Why are you refusing to let the communities of moving wikis know that the wiki is moving? The staff has been demoting admins simply for wanting to let the community know where the wiki is moving to. You seem one of the more reasonable staff members... why are you taking away our right to move the wikis that we created off of Wikia? It's the fault of the staff that people want to move- people are extremely frustrated that you've ignored the hundreds and hundreds of fervently negative comments regarding the new skin. Please don't try to deny that these comments exist; I read through twenty pages of blog comments on the new skin, and I think only one of them was positive. We have the right to leave Wikia any time we like... what next? A program that prevents us from leaving Wikia.com? What I'm trying to tell you is that you wouldn't have to resort to these measures if you would actually listen to feedback, and make the new skin optional. That's all you'd have to do. If you would make the new skin optional, do you know how much your approval rating would increase? You'd be universally beloved. That's all anyone wants- a choice in the matter. You'd still get money from ads. Sure, maybe you'd get a little less. But you'd still get quite a bit. So which would you prefer: To try and plug a dam that is inevitably going to break, no matter how harsh the punishments for trying to move get? Or would you rather compromise on this one thing, make the new skin optional, and ultimately gain far more than you lose? Maybe in the short term, Wikia would make less money. But in the long term, they would gain the love and respect of the people whose wikis they are hosting... and make money in the bargain.
I do hope you won't ban me for saying this. All I ask is that you address all of my points and explain your reasoning... not tell me meaningless things like "we're taking all factors into consideration" or "we're trying to make the transition as smooth as possible"... treat me like an equal, and explain your reasoning. Thank you for taking the time to read this. -Cobweb

Hi Cobweb.
Of course we agree that everyone has the right to edit wherever they want. We would love people to stay on Wikia of course, but we know that people move on, and we respect that.
What we don't agree, is that someone (or a group) who has left a wiki should be able to damage the wiki behind them, or to use that wiki to advertise their new home. We don't object to people talking about their move, I think we've demonstrated that clearly enough over the last few weeks... you just need to look around at pages on this wiki we have left alone! But putting a notice on every page is not helpful to the wiki that they have chosen to leave. And if they have decided to go, then the wiki they have left and any community that has decided to stay on Wikia have to be our main concern.
On keeping Monaco, I hope you'll read Susan's blog post. She talked about this in detail there. Monaco is a complex skin, and it's not sensible or economical to keep that skin rather than put all our resources in to the a single, better, more developed and more modern one.
And, of course, we won't ban you or anyone else for your opinion or your questions. We have only banned those who have expressed their opinions in a very abusive way (including obscenities, threats, or excessive floods of comments) or who have tried to damage a wiki they have decided to leave. Your post obviously is none of those :) -- Sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 05:09, October 14, 2010 (UTC)

Please

You've heard the voices of the people. And those voices appear to be an emphatic NO.

Why are you ignoring this?

Clothing giant GAP changed THEIR logo once. They soon changed it back after huge backlash. However, this is also getting just as much backlash, if not worse.

Don't you like your users? Many of them are threatning to LEAVE. Your site, in the meantime, generates revenue via advertisments. With a huge lack of users, who will be left to look at and click on those ads?

I've also found out that the administration has been BANNING wiki admins who post notices about transfers.

That's completely against the 1st Amendment, which SPECIFICALLY STATES that everyone has a right to freedom of speech and thought.

Do you want to have a huge walkout? Do you really want to face a mass exodus of users?

You don't have to do this. You can make it optional. Those who want it can have it, and those who don't want it don't have to.

Please listen to the people.

Sincerely, DaL33T 23:10, October 13, 2010 (UTC)

Hi DaL33T. Please read above for answers to your questions. Thanks -- Sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 05:10, October 14, 2010 (UTC)

Your expectations?

You expect us to just give our say and leave thats not how it works sannse we want our say to get to you staff members directly we dont just say one thing or a few then move on and just deal with it how do you expect that if where mad where mad and we want you to fully understand that and reply to our comments.How do you expect us to say our thoughts but leave without a true response?Im not going back their anymore or if so VERY VERY rarely but I just dont get you yes other users want to speak their say so they can get a response yet their say is more important than our's?Ours are negeative so we get no real response yet they get a fulll true response so unfair thats why bye Nov.3rd Im gone and if this is spam block me I dont care but only from here not globally thats not fair at all you probly havent seen half the wikis Im on anyway yet Im blocked from them all for things on another wiki?Just unfair so please no globally blocking me thanks:).{{SUBST:User:Lssj4/sig2}} 23:24, October 13, 2010 (UTC)

I think it's fair to say that if other users and staff are telling you that you are commenting too much and flooding the blog, then that's a problem. You have had your say, I understand that you don't like what's changing... it's not necessary or helpful to say that to the point that you keep getting asked to stop. -- Sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 05:15, October 14, 2010 (UTC)

Du-nunun! Wiki skin... again.

Wow, I feel sorry for posting now, you seem quite busy with all of this! Yes, of course I have some things to say about the "New Look" as those above ^. Hopefully I'm not repeating any questions that have been answered for the 15th time.

1: Why is the new skin mandatory? Haven't the wiki skins been optional for, well... ever?

2: Why is Wikia updating everything in the first place? It hasn't occurred to me that anyone was unhappy with Monaco. I can see why one might want to upgrade some things to maybe spruce it up a bit and improve on it, but this is a complete overhaul and it appears no one asked the opinion of the majority.

3: Does the shoutbox have to go? That was one of my favorite features of Monaco. Without it a lot of the users may feel isolated and the community doesn't feel as close. [of course, this varies with the wikis you go to, but those that I am active on use the shoutbox very frequently.] The removal of the shoutbox will just create an unnecessary contact barrier. Why remove it?

Thank you for your time. Best of luck with all of this nonsense - I'm sure it can get overwhelming - and God bless! --Neildown - De oppresso LiberFile:Neil down.png Semper fi 23:37, October 13, 2010 (UTC)

I think most questions have been asked and answered a few times by now :) but that's OK,
  1. There has always been a default skin. This is the skin that logged out visitors see on the wiki and that is set for new users. The number and type of skins supported by a site varies, we are limiting it to two (default "Wikia", with Monobook as a personal option) because it means we can concentrate all our resources on making that skin the best it can be. Monaco is complex, and making that an option would mean it would either be broken a lot or eating up time and energy best spent elsewhere.
  2. Because we want Wikia to be the best place for you and everyone online to join and create wiki communities.
  3. I know the team working on this have been looking at options for adding the shoutbox to a page on wikis. I also like the idea of having a future feature that's an advance on the shoutbox (logging and scrollback sound good!), and I'm sure that's something that will be considered. There is lots of potential for that and other features in the future :)
That's really what the new look is all about... the future :) -- Sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 05:24, October 14, 2010 (UTC)

1: That's understandable. Considering all the economic chaos going on everywhere and strapped budgets...

2: That I appreciate; but the skin, as it is, doesn't really seem promote that. To be honest, it feels like Wikia's version of Mrs. Obama taking toys out of Happy Meals® and handing out carrot sticks for french-fries. In other words - I think we all appreciate the motive behind the move, but we would like a say in what that motive presents for us. Not everyone wants carrots with their cheese-burgers :P.

3: Well, I'm glad to hear of this! :). That'd be something I would look forward to. --Neildown - De oppresso LiberFile:Neil down.png Semper fi 19:10, October 14, 2010 (UTC)

Responce

Hello Sannse,

I would just like to take a moment to thank you for your responce of wikiSimpsons. While I realize we don't see eye-to-eye on every issue involving this new skin, I also recognize that change is necessary and you are absolutely right about what you said about future communities and such on the wikis that are moving. I am glad that I joined Wikia almost two years ago and am happy to work alongside you, the other staff, and my fellow users to create a better community for all wikis. Thanks again for your reply. ---Ten Tailed Fox talk page 03:58, October 14, 2010 (UTC)

Thanks Ten Tailed Fox, I really appreciate your message, and the way you have consistently and fairly stood up for your opinions and beliefs throughout the many discussions going on at the moment. Whether you agree or disagree, with staff or others, you have always done so with great thoughtfulness, respect and kindness. May that two years become many more :) -- Sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 05:30, October 14, 2010 (UTC)

gallery

Hello, could you tell me, why is the gallery in page http://necyklopedie.wikia.com/wiki/Pražské_metro broken?--Karkos 12:06, October 14, 2010 (UTC)

Hi, it looks ok to me, so I'm not sure what you are seeing... If there's still a problem, perhaps you could send a description and a screenshot to community@wikia.com ? That will help us trouble-shoot. Thanks -- Sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 21:21, October 14, 2010 (UTC)
May be it was by browser: Pictures in all galleries on wikia were in one column. --Karkos 10:15, October 15, 2010 (UTC)

Please delete my wiki.

My wiki isnt doing so well I tryied to delete it but I cant only you can so please delete it I wanna start fresh and new thanks :).{{SUBST:User:Lssj4/sig2}} 16:11, October 14, 2010 (UTC)

You don't need to delete it, you can just leave that one if you want to start fresh :) -- Sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 22:19, October 14, 2010 (UTC)

Edit your userpage

Somebody used my sign. I didn't use those bad words. You have to block the next user: User:Piccolo The Super Namek He use my sign and copy it, so block him. He did want that you block me for using bad words, while he is the one. It's again about the skin.--Station7 16:50, October 14, 2010 (UTC)

She/He's blocked by Brandon Rhea under request from me. This is the second time in a week that somebody is using my sign to show how bad I am, while not.--Station7 19:42, October 14, 2010 (UTC)

Don't worry, we can always see who actually made an edit in the history :) -- Sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 22:24, October 14, 2010 (UTC)

My email request

I sent an email to your staff about a week and a half ago and still haven't heard back. I know you guys are busy, but we'd like to get an answer to a few questions before we leave wikia.

Also, I've noticed that you and Wikia are refusing to allow wikis to put up notices of departure regardless of that site's consensus. Would it be appropriate if we placed a notice on our wiki with something to the effect of "The Official PvXwiki will be [blank]. For those who plan to remain with Wikia goodluck"? Or something like that?

I don't see anything wrong with that, especially if it's decided upon by that wiki's community consensus. I can't imagine Wikia stomping on the autonomy of individual wikis to prevent that. Karate Jesus 16:36, 14 October 2010 (UTC)

So, wait....we're not allowed to add a sitenotice that directs users to the new site, even if it's our community's consensus?
Why not? Wiki autonomy is a core-value of all wikis (or should be), so how can you refuse us the right to advertise our new location? Just because it's bad business for you? That's ridiculous. You advertise for other sites all the time and will only be a hypocrite by not allowing us to advertise ours.
I'd love an answer to that, please. If our wiki reaches consensus, I demand our right to add a site notice to whatever the hell we want. Karate Jesus 20:28, 14 October 2010 (UTC)
I've written on this at length over here, so will point you to that. In short, you can't expect to leave a wiki and still have influence over it. If you decide to leave, then the wiki should be run for the benefit of any remaining community, and for any future community. And, much as we respect your right to edit wherever you want, we are not willing to host an advert for your alternative site on a wiki you have left. -- Sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 22:31, October 14, 2010 (UTC)
You do understand the hypocrisy in that, right? You guys are forcing a new skin on us to get more advertising dollars without our consent, yet we're not even allowed to advertise our new site with our own community's consent? That's just insane... Karate Jesus 15:02, 15 October 2010 (UTC)
Obviously we see things differently, but I don't see a point in debating that with you -- Sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 03:59, October 16, 2010 (UTC)
Sannse, you argue that keeping the wiki open is "for the benefit of any remaining community, and for any future community." All of the wikis who are moving are arguing that it is for the benefit of exactly these people to point them to where the experienced editors are who have built a successful wiki, and it's hard to argue against that. (And in fact, you don't.) Wikia refuses to redirect wikis, thus "splitting" the community, which leads to duplicated efforts. This is not beneficial to editors.
The benefit lies in the fact that by not redirecting, Wikia "keeps" the traffic associated with the wiki, and the consequent ad revenue. Since Wikia invests in its wikis, providing the infrastructure and tech support needed to set them up, it is reasonable for you to recoup some of these cost even if the wikis you helped set up decide to move elsewhere. On the other hand, while you are getting money, the wiki editors have worked for free, and thought they would be getting "their" wiki; claiming all of the benefit of the traffic so created for yourself disowns all of your editors. These interests ought to be balanced; however, if you never admit to your true motivations, it is impossible to come to an agreement. Instead, Wikia comes across as dishonest or even evil (to some people). --◄mendel► 09:59, October 18, 2010 (UTC)
I should add that compared to other Web 2.0 sites who see user contributions as a free resource, Wikia is determinedly less "evil", since those sites own our content. Wikia at least allows us to take the content we created to use it elsewhere - try that with any cheezbirger site or similar! --◄mendel► 10:03, October 18, 2010 (UTC)

A few Questions

Sannse, I have a few questions and I really hope that you don't mind answering them.

1. I heard there was a lot of resistance when Wikia switched to Monaco, and I was wondering what the old skin was and what it looked like, or what it Monobook? I really want to see what happened that time around so I put some things into perspective.
  2. I think it was you, but I could be wrong, but someone on the staff said that Monaco is an expensive skin to maintain. I was just wondering how complicted and expensive it is?
  3. Is there any discussion about the sidebar and possibly expanding it beyond 32 links? I really haven't seen any comments about why it was limited to that number espeically when some wikis use the sidebar for ease of navigation. Or did I miss something.
  4. This may seem like a stupid question, but is this a done deal or will there be more changes to Oasis or Wikia in the future based on comments or other things that the staff uses to track traffic and things like this?

Thanks in advance. Lancer1289 18:56, October 14, 2010 (UTC)

Hi Lancer
  1. The default skin before Monaco was Monobook, although we had a skin called Quartz being tested at one point. That one was never the site default though.
  2. It's not so much that Monaco is particularly expensive, but it is more complicated than something like Monobook. What would be expensive (in engineering time for example) is maintaining two sophisticated skins. It makes much more sense to maintain one, and create features for that alone (Monobook will be supported as a personal choice, but new features may not work on that skin)
  3. The tests that were done before starting on the new look showed that big nagivation systems don't work. The first few items got clicks from visitors, but quite quickly that dropped off and much of the navigation was actually pretty much unused. What works better is a focused navigation system that takes people to your best, most popular pages. That gets readers to where they want to be, without having to search long navigation, and then they are interested and ready to read more!
  4. There will definitely be changes over time. We've got a whole lot of click-tracking and other measurements set up so that we can see how things change as the skin is released. There have already been changes because of feedback from the beta testers and others, and this is a long-term project of improving Wikia.
-- Sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 22:59, October 14, 2010 (UTC)
Thanks for answering. I feel much more informed about this now. Lancer1289 23:02, October 14, 2010 (UTC)

Help me with the theme designer?

Uh, when I try to use the theme designer on the Dead Rising Wiki it fucks up. Like, I can select one of the options, but nothing happens. Could you help me? Thanks. P.png Frank-West P.png 19:13, October 14, 2010 (UTC)

Also, I'm getting two bugs with the new look: One, when you click the scroll wheel on the mouse, the little auto scroll thingy doesn't appear. It's kinda annoying since I use that a lot. Also, content goes over the floating toolbar at the bottom. This is good for content but looks kinda strange since it runs of the content area, making the page look glitched. I also noticed, that if you click the "diff" button on a wikiactivity page, then it makes the page look like Monaco, which is kinda weird too. Anyway just informing you of a couple of technical oddities I'm experiencing. Thanks again! P.png Frank-West P.png 19:28, October 14, 2010 (UTC)
Those do sound odd... and I can't reproduce any of them. What browser/OS do you use? -- Sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 23:01, October 14, 2010 (UTC)
I'm using Internet Explorer 8. It must be something with either Internet Explorer or my wiki/account, because I've tried it on two different computers now, and the same stuff. I'll try using Firefox once I get to a computer that has Firefox. P.png Frank-West P.png 12:30, October 15, 2010 (UTC)
I found the problem with the theme designer. I need to use Firefox. P.png Frank-West P.png 21:07, October 15, 2010 (UTC)
Humm... IE8 should work as well. I'll do some testing over the weekend to see if I can see the problems. Thanks for the report -- Sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 04:02, October 16, 2010 (UTC)
No problem, thanks for looking into it even with your busy schedule. =) P.png Frank-West P.png 20:05, October 16, 2010 (UTC)

Sorry

Do you have a moment? Just a quick question that I was wondering about. Why was TS blocked. It's just that he is a good friend of mine, and I would really like to know. Thanks, --{{SUBST:Sheepsiggy}} 22:06, October 14, 2010 (UTC)

Thank you for being polite Sheepman. TurtleShroom was asked before to calm down and stop spamming the blogs with his long rants. He didn't, so I had to ban. He has had his say, we've heard his point of view, we don't need to hear it any more. It's time for him to move on. -- Sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 23:08, October 14, 2010 (UTC)

But you were posting long counter-rants. Doesn't that mean some other staff member has an obligation to ban you? May I also point out that under Article 19 of The Universal Declaration of Human Rights, "Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers." He was simply expressing himself, which international law states he can, no matter what country he may be in. Beacuse, "Everyone is entitled to all the rights and freedoms set forth in this Declaration, without distinction of any kind, such as race, colour, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, property, birth or other status. Furthermore, no distinction shall be made on the basis of the political, jurisdictional or international status of the country or territory to which a person belongs, whether it be independent, trust, non-self-governing or under any other limitation of sovereignty."

Thanks, --{{SUBST:Sheepsiggy}} 15:40, October 15, 2010 (UTC)

Sheepman, what you quote doesn't mean that anyone can say anything they want, anywhere they want to say it. You can't come in to my living room and shout about your love of goldfish for hours... (random example). If you did that, would you expect me to put up with it? Or ask you to leave? Any website or forum is like someone's living room, and you need to act in a way that is acceptable for that place. The quote you give is about governments allowing free press and not banning religions and so on. It is not about you (or Turtleshroom) being allowed to do whatever you want on Wikia. -- Sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 04:12, October 16, 2010 (UTC)

It is true, we cannot do whatever we want. I'm sorry if I implied that, as I did not mean to. However we can say whatever we want, unless it intrudes on the rights of others (e.g. screaming insults). I do not like it when people conduct themselves like that. However, nothing me or TurtleShroom said intruded on anyone's rights. Your living room example is a rather different situation, as this would indeed be intruding on others rights, such as: "No one shall be subjected to arbitrary interference with his privacy, family, home or correspondence". (This makes phone tapping by law enforcement agencies illegal, but that is another matter). This wiki is not your living room, I think.

Thanks for your time, --{{SUBST:Sheepsiggy}} 19:05, October 16, 2010 (UTC)

This wiki is a service provided by Wikia under certain conditions (the Terms of Use). To use it, you need to behave in a way that we consider appropriate. Now I could set up a site and insist that those using the service must not talk about blueberries -- that would be perfectly legal and perfectly moral (albeit very weird!). Wikia doesn't insist on blueberry-silence, but we do insist on a level of reasonable and rational behavior. If we don't see that, then eventually we will decide we no longer want to allow that person to use our service. -- Sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 05:58, October 18, 2010 (UTC)

That's a pretty good point, but it has some flaws. I will not bother to mention them, as I just realised that you will never repeal your (unneeded) block on TS, so why bother. Especially becuase me and him are leaving at first chance.

Thanks, --{{SUBST:Sheepsiggy}} 15:30, October 18, 2010 (UTC)

Reply?

Hi, I left you another message here but I'm not sure if you saw it. Could you please reply? Captain Jag Talk 24 Edits! Jai'galaar Captain Jag Talk 24 Edits! Jai'galaar 02:33, October 15, 2010 (UTC)

Oops, sorry, missed that one. I think it was an early bug that allowed any beta tester to use the Theme Designer. That was fixed a while ago. I've done some testing, and I don't think you have access now... but please let me know if you do! Thanks -- Sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 04:15, October 16, 2010 (UTC)
No, I don't, but can the changes stay as they are? Captain Jag Talk 24 Edits! Jai'galaar 04:38, October 16, 2010 (UTC)
Sure :) they look great! An admin may change the design at some point, but I think it's a great theme -- Sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 06:00, October 18, 2010 (UTC)

Skin Loosing...

I understand you have tried very hard on the skin but nobody likes it. On the wikias im active on people are leaving because of the skin. Check this blog out.

dragonballfanon.wikia.com/wikia/User_blog:Piccolo_The_Super_Namek/I'm_leaving_the_Wiki_guys._So_long!

See whats happening. If you dont want to get rid of the skin atleast only make it an option. Im asking you please get shot of Oasis skin.

{{SUBST:User:SuperFusion/sig2}} 15:46, October 15, 2010 (UTC)

I hope Piccolo will return when thing settle down. -- Sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 04:19, October 16, 2010 (UTC)

3rd Party

How can i add a third party application to my wiki? Its a survey for whoever (if anyone) visits my wiki, from 4q.com . thanx in advance for the help.--Sw9889 (Have something to say?) 16:54, October 15, 2010 (UTC)

It's usually not possible for you to do that... MediaWiki only accepts some code, and from what I can see that survey needs direct access to the HTML. But there are a lot of free surveys out there that you can use without adding code to the wiki -- I've used surveymonkey before (Although you might want to ask some of the clever types on the forum is it's more possible than I think - there are some great brains out there that may know more) -- Sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 04:24, October 16, 2010 (UTC)

ok now im seroius

ok i really didnt want to resort to this but what the fuck give us our fuckin skin back your tearing wiki's apart just give us monnocca please you are so into this skin are you blind LOOK AT ALL THE PEOPLE THAT ARE LEAVING please .... {{SUBST:User:Saiyn prince 5821/sig2}} 18:18, October 15, 2010 (UTC)

Wow your acting like its a civil war. CALM DOWN. We are all angry. I am angry too. But its not the staff thats doing this. Its the people in charge of this wikia. Also please don't swear. Kjal ( The talk| Contribs) 00:51, October 16, 2010 (UTC)

Yes, all that will manage to do is get your comment wiped, adn you warned/banned BlackSoulBlade 00:59, October 16, 2010 (UTC)

Piccolo The Super Namek

Hey, I don't know if this is the right place for this, or if you are the right person, but I am requesting someone high up in the wiki hierarchy to look at potentially removing this user as a Bureaucrat. He has repeatedly called for all of us, who are part of the Dragon Ball Fanon wiki to vandalize pages, such as yours, in response to the new skin. He has also tried a "phase 2", of cursing out wiki staff. These methods could get us banned, but he obviously doesn't care, due to his high status. Over the past few days, he has gotten increasingly erratic... and I feel his actions are really unprofessional and uncalled for, for someone of his position. He has continually threatened several members with bans, who have disagreed with his approach to the new skin. And, I think that it's getting dangerous for us who want to stay, and just work through these changes. I hope to hear from you soon! Thanks! -KidVegeta

Hi, I'll have a look. It sounds as though he said he was leaving, but perhaps he changed his mind since then. I'll drop by tomorrow and see if I can help. -- Sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 04:28, October 16, 2010 (UTC)
Just to let you know, the user decided not to leave. {{SUBST:User:SonikFan112/sig7}} 08:11, October 16, 2010 (UTC)

It Seems Your The One

To contact. My Wiki account was recently hackd, but the matter is settled. Though, 3 useless Wiki's were made that are never used and were made with the wrong title and reason. Can I delete them somehow? On all 3 I'm a crat. Steelearth14|-_-|Have a fantastic day, also,THE GAME. 04:05, October 16, 2010 (UTC) Please help ASAP.

Hi, usually unwanted wikis can just be ignored, but if there's a reason to delete them instead, please use Special:Contact to tell us all the details, and we'll look -- Sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 04:30, October 16, 2010 (UTC)

Changing my wiki name

Could you change the name of one of my wikis? I want the SITENAME to be "Luigi's Mansion", but I also want the top of the page to say "Luigi's Mansion Wiki - Ghosts, treasures, and more!". Could you do that for me? The URL is http://mansionluigi.wikia.com. - Drilly Dilly 04:20, October 16, 2010 (UTC)

Hello Drilly Dilly, we are taking care of this via the email you sent in to general support. Feel free to reply to the mail I just sent you. --daNASCAT@fandom (Help Forum) (blog) 04:25, October 16, 2010 (UTC)
Well when are you gonna do it? - Drilly Dilly 14:14, October 16, 2010 (UTC)

Nerw look - VERY UPSET >.<

ANSWER ME I AM VERY ANGRY Noobs taste good And I'll eat you for dinner 17:49, October 16, 2010 (UTC)

Why will you remove the option to use monaco? The new look takes forever to load on my comp much longer than monaco and also on my ultrawidescreen computer it's all tiny and supernarrow right in the middle? Why? Also, nobody at runescape wiki is happy with the image attribution; can we receive special exclusive permission to remove it? Please? Or else i might have to design a template that duplicates thumbnai functionality without attribution. --I WILL EAT YOU 16:25, October 16, 2010 (UTC) (Also, is there a way i can change default editing screen to source so i dont have to click (edit source) each time? Thanks, --I WILL EAT YOU 16:25, October 16, 2010 (UTC))

I'm sorry you are angry, but becoming demanding isn't going to make me answer any faster.
I've been talking to Runescape admins on IRC, and will drop in again there soon. We aren't removing image attribution for any wiki at the moment, we want to see how well it works first (from what we see so far, it encourages people to view user pages and discover the community behind the edits)
There is a setting in your preferences for the rich text editor, you can choose to turn that off there -- Sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 06:07, October 18, 2010 (UTC)

Fable Answers

Sorry if this isn't really the place to ask; although I don't think this is really an adoption request as it's not for an inactive wiki. Solar Dragon said he was going to make me a b'crat on Fable Answers (where I am currently a sysop) before he left, but for one reason or another never got round to it, so I was wondering if you could do so instead. It would be useful, if we open nominations for an extra sysop in the future, if I could perform the necessary "final actions" of that process myself without having to ask Staff or Helpers to do so in the future. Thanks for your time, Enodoc(Talk) 20:05, October 16, 2010 (UTC)

Hi Enodoc, are the other admins (if there are any) OK with you getting the b'crat flag? If they agree, then I can set it. Let me know :) -- Sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 06:08, October 18, 2010 (UTC)

Fixed width...

causes problems for almost all screen sizes. On a 800x600 netbook I have to zoom out or scroll horizontally. On a ultrawidescreen the article only uses a little over one third of the screen width. And as for accessibilaty issues: can you imagine how much you'd have to scroll down on the new skin with a forced font size of 16? --Noobs taste good And I'll eat you for dinner 00:27, October 17, 2010 (UTC)

A bit more anonmity please! <3 <3 <3

Good morning Sannse!

I was wondering how to close my current account with Wikia. It shows my full name for some reason even on websearches and I would like to have an account that is more anonymous. How do I do this? Greta Kratz 16:06, October 17, 2010 (UTC)

Hi, there are two options: you can have your account renamed, or just make a new one. The first will keep your edits attributed to you, which is good if you want to carry them over, but does mean somone can match your name to your new account. The second is the easiest, just go ahead and make an account. If you want to link it to your facebook account, you should delink this one and make sure you create the account before linking the new one. Your old account can just be abandoned, there's no way to remove it (althoug it can be disabled by scrambling the email and password). I you want the name change option, please use Special:Contact and we can help. -- Sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 06:14, October 18, 2010 (UTC)

Hello its me again

How does a wikia get a unique skin? On the Let Me In Wikia, instead of having a White skin like this, it had a black one. I am an admin on the Godzilla Wikia, and I feel like our wikia needs something to set it aside than the others and why not a cool skin? I have tried to find a tutorial on skins here, but it the search bar sends me to a TV Show wikia. Can you help?? {{SUBST:User:Metroid101/autosig}} 18:50, October 17, 2010 (UTC) << Sorry about my signature, I didn't make one here, so, Metroid101 just in case if you answer back through my talkpage ^_^

Hi, any admin can use the Theme Designer, the link is in My Tools in the toolbar. You might also want to look at this page of examples, there are some great themes in there to get inspiration from -- Sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 06:20, October 18, 2010 (UTC)

Edit count

Hey, Sannse. I don't know if you've noticed, but Special:Editcount doesn't seem to be working for me. It only shows the changes I've made to Community Central (still says Wikicities.) Please fix this or tell me how to do it right, as I'd like to put my edit count on my WP user page.
Help:Smelly Users (talk) was last edited at 03:30, October 18, 2010 (UTC)

It's working for me... it says you have 3256 edits on all wikis (note, that doesn't include Uncyclopedia because of the separate user database). What are you seeing as wrong? -- Sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 06:23, October 18, 2010 (UTC)
To get your edit count across all wikis is an operation that takes time, and the number is thus not always up to date. When it is first requested on a wiki, the "all wikis" numbers will be zero, but a short time later, the wiki will have computed them. For the same reason, this number may be somewhat out of date at times. --◄mendel► 09:42, October 18, 2010 (UTC)

Background-image

Dear Sannse :)

Why can't templates show background-images? For now I've just quitted the whole background-image tag (as you can see at www.TheDemonCycle.wikia.com's front page).

Yours, Marken4 10:25, October 18, 2010 (UTC)

EDIT: Just found out that I can't use html in my templates either! :( Why not?

A compilation worth fixing

Hello Sannse. We here at the Final Fantasy Wiki have compiled a list of the New Wikia Look skin problems encountered by concerned editors. Please have a review on it and offer solutions if you can.

We look forward to your input, Sannse ^^ BLUER一番 10:32, October 18, 2010 (UTC)

Dragon Ball Fanon

Hello, User:Piccolo The Super Namek (Hes a Beaeucrat) on Dragon Ball Fanon, is telling us that user 900. 500. should come here and vandilize because of the skin. Please warn him about this. Thank you. {{SUBST:User:Goku return's/sig2}} 16:41, October 18, 2010 (UTC)

Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.