FANDOM

(AdminShip)
(AdminShip)
Line 226: Line 226:

== AdminShip ==

== AdminShip ==

Hello I'm Goku return's and I have been very active on Dragonballaffanon wiki and can you make me a Adminstrator?
+
Hello I'm Goku return's and I have been very active on Dragonball Af Fanon wiki and can you make me a Adminstrator on that wik?

Thank you, from

Thank you, from

Revision as of 13:13, September 25, 2010

See Adoption requests to request admin or bureaucrat rights on an inactive wiki.
See Spotlights to request a spotlight.

Archives

Please add new messages to the bottom, thanks :) -- sannse (talk)

Just in case you haven't seen it

User:Killr833/Petition Julietfan2626 21:10, September 1, 2010 (UTC)

no active admins

I was looking through the user lists for 3rd rock from the sun wiki and i noticed that there are no active admins (from what i noticed). I had wanted to create my own 3rd rock wiki before i noticed this one, soooo, (you probably see where this is going) i was wondering if i could be an admin (or beuracrat). i had several ideas for this wiki as well, including a logo, projects, rules etc... obviously you ill want me to be more active before you were to hand me the reigns (if you are going to) so whatever you say. please get back to me.--Sw9889 (Have something to say?) 01:38, September 2, 2010 (UTC)

• Hi Sw9889! Thanks for your interest in the wiki. You can put in an adoption request whenever you'd like. As we go through the list of requests, either Merrystar or I will take a look at your request and see if you meet the requirements. Thanks! - Brandon Rhea@fandom(talk) 02:22, September 2, 2010 (UTC)

Ok, let's see.

Right, firstly, don't treat me like a child and give me a stupid reply that doesn't even answer what I am saying to you. Okay, let's see, since showing us the new layout, you HAVE to admit that like 98% of people HATE it. And then you comment, 'Oh, yes, but some people have been positive'. Why are you listening to them!!! That is like 2% of the people on wikia. Give me an honest reason why you are just blatantly ignoring the facts and going with the 2% of people. P.S. any admins can answer this. I want to know why you are ignoring the facts. Julietfan2626 13:10, September 2, 2010 (UTC)

And what do you gain from removing the shoutbox... nothing... so keep it. Julietfan2626 16:40, September 2, 2010 (UTC)

Keep the ShoutBox!

please keep the shout box its an awesome feature!

SEE THIS! -- Mcharshy My Talk55 Edits In this Wiki 16:01, September 3, 2010 (UTC)

Hi both, I'm sorry I can't give you the answers you want. Please see the blogs and the FAQ for more -- sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 23:26, September 3, 2010 (UTC)
  • Yeah cos we haven't thought of that already -.- Julietfan2626 16:02, September 4, 2010 (UTC)

Hi

Hi! I'm sorry to bother on your talk page, but I couldn't find the page I needed. The thing is, I need to delete a wiki. It' the bully spanish wiki. I wanted to delete it because I started it, but then I realized I was really busy on another wiki! I'm sorry, I should've thought about that before I started the Wiki. I don't want to abandon it, but if that's what I should do then I will. I'm sorry for bothering, but I just needed some help. Here's the link: The Wiki . Thanks, Jenny Vincent♣ 20:44, September 3, 2010 (UTC)

Hi, it's fine to just leave it. It will mean that someone else can adopt it if they want to :) That's the best solution if you don't want to edit there yourself. Good luck with your other wiki! -- sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 23:26, September 3, 2010 (UTC)

Extension Request

Hello. My name is Habatchii and I needed to make an extension request. Wikipedia has an extension called, "Collection" which apparently needs another extension, the "PDF Handler" and maybe one or two others. I would like to have it on all of MY wikis if possible, if not Wikia-Wide. Please help on this matter...

Habatchii 17:39, September 6, 2010 (UTC)

Hi, we need to get our technical team to check out all new extensions, so it may take a while... But you are welcome to send the details to us via Special:Contact. Please include a link to the wikimedia pages for the exact extensions you mean. If they are aproved, we can get them on your wiki -- sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 20:49, September 9, 2010 (UTC)

A couple of matters at nonsensopedia.

Hi

I,ve just sent on special contacy request for calling on of our bureaucrats away (Hani.md) due to inactivity. The case was not solved by TOR, although he was asking for it. We are waiting almost 3 weeks and don't want what to do. Hani.md was his activity was judged by us as unsatisfied (RFC and voting of deprive him his rights) . We request for call him away and wait for necessary steps on Wikia Staff side, because the matter has come dragged out.

With best regardds

Emdegger (talk) 12:24, September 7, 2010 (UTC)

Hi, I've asked TOR to look in -- sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 01:17, September 10, 2010 (UTC)

Steam wikia

Hi,

I found a wikia for steam and it seem like the owner has abbandoned it. So do you know how i could help it, like some stuff i can't seem to touch and the owner hasn't touched it for nearly 1 year. So what im asking is that, is there a chance wikia can make me an admin solely to improve it. Something like this wikia could help people more than the steam forums.

JstarRE 04:03, September 8, 2010 (UTC)

Hi, you can apply to adopt a wiki on our adoptions page. Good luck! -- sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 19:26, September 12, 2010 (UTC)

Hello

I am Steelearth14. I have a question. Can a wiki be deleted? I made 3 that should be. Please respond ASAP. THANKS. Steelearth4teen 18:43, September 8, 2010 (UTC)

Hi, they can be, but they generally don't need to be :) you can just leave them, and then if anyone wants to adopt them in the future they can apply to do that -- sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 19:28, September 12, 2010 (UTC)

Request

Why dosen't anybody answer my wikia adoption request its been 3 daysPoky7774 22:17, September 9, 2010 (UTC)

Just thought I'd show you this.

Here's an edit summary a user made on my userpage over at the Borderlands Wikia. Here's the revision he made, it was basically reverting my edit that I made. I had removed the nasty messages he left on my page, and he's reverted my edit twice now. As for the edit summary, this is what he wrote: "Undo revision 144325 by AtlasSoldier (talk) I believe you. I thought maybe you were busy with Mod duties on the Child Molestation Wiki"

I do not at all find this edit summary funny, and I know you won't find it funny either. I don't want any drastic action taken, as he's just being a troll, so maybe a little talking to might be in order. I'll admit right now I haven't exactly been the most courteous Wiki-user, and I have said some things that were out of line to this user, and others, but they have also said some nasty things to me as well. Hence why I have currently decided to take a Wikibreak from the Borderlands Wiki. Thank you for taking the time to read this. AtlasSoldier 21:56, September 10, 2010 (UTC)

Hi, it's best that this sort of dispute is dealt with by the wiki's admins. Although, of course, both keeping it civil on your side and ignoring trolls are always good things to do :) -- sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 19:31, September 12, 2010 (UTC)

Help

Hello there! I was wondering why I made a page for the Zoey 101 wiki, for couples, it's going to be deleted...? But I don't know why, and I worked very hard on those pages .... Here is the link :[1] PLease help me keep this page :) Thank you for your time! :D -[2]

--PrincessPuckett 18:32, September 11, 2010 (UTC)

Hi, the deletion template was added by Wiiboy4ever, so it's best to ask him or the wiki's admins about this. Each wiki has it's own rules about what content should be in the wiki, so they will know best about the situation. -- sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 19:33, September 12, 2010 (UTC)

Studies done

When wikipedia created a new look, in addition to allowing veteran editors to revert to the old style, they had actual studies done.

http://usability.wikimedia.org/wiki/Usability,_Experience,_and_Evaluation_Study

Has there been any studies done on the new wikia look?

Thank you,

Anno1404 00:36, September 14, 2010 (UTC)

Hi. Yes, we've done both user testing and focus groups as part of the work on the new look. That's been mentioned on the blogs a few times :) There will be more of that in the future too -- sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 18:59, September 16, 2010 (UTC)

Searching for blog comments

Hi. I made a comment at this blog post:

This search finds it.

But clicking the link does not take one to the comment page containing my comment. How does one find past comments and replies in long blog comment threads?

The blog comments are not dated, and so it is next to impossible in a long thread. I tried clicking page after page, and doing calendar calculations, but it is too difficult. --Timeshifter (talk) 00:59, September 16, 2010 (UTC)

It's a tricky one... currently you can click the date on contributions or recent changes to go directly to the comment page, but that doesn't show you the comment in context. My preference is for us to add anchoring, so that clicking the comment link takes you to the specific comment within the thread. I'm talking to the people working on the feature about this possibility (among other tweaks) but I don't know if that idea will be taken up yet -- sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 19:02, September 16, 2010 (UTC)

(unindent) Thanks. The search pulls up this link:

Special:Contributions/Timeshifter pulls up this link:

As you said neither one takes me to the specific blog comment page to see the comment and replies (if any) in context. I suggest using true dates for blog comments. At least then one could look at the date embedded in the above URLs:

• 2010-08-17 232230

and then narrow down the pages where the blog comment is found. Anchoring is a good idea. I don't the technicalities though. I know that talk-page section watchlisting has long been requested on Wikipedia. --Timeshifter (talk) 08:15, September 20, 2010 (UTC)

Wiki Web Address

Hi i am going to make a Mythical Detective Loki Ragnarok wiki. The thing is they have one which web adress is mythicaldetectiveloki.wikia.com (mythical detective loki) but it has no information and i was wondering if i should make a new one called detectiveloki.wikia.com ( detective loki) because its shorter please help me. HazeShot 01:50, September 17, 2010 (UTC)

Go for it :) we can change the URL of the existing one, but if there is no content to save then I'd suggest making the new one. If you decide to adopt the existing one instead, then you can contact us about changing the URL -- sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 04:03, September 24, 2010 (UTC)

pleas

pleas hwo share links and pleas send me foals and hrous to farmville hateem-h@hotmail.com and how 3000 points

Sorry, I don't understand what you are asking -- sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 04:04, September 24, 2010 (UTC)

Can you delete this sex.wikia.com ? it's horrible.118.100.95.48 11:09, September 18, 2010 (UTC)

I'll have a look, thanks for letting me know -- sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 04:04, September 24, 2010 (UTC)

Godzilla Wikia

... Theres a Comment problem on the Godzilla Wikia (It also happened on the Lost Wikia) ... May you help out?? The comments end up looking like this [3] ---Metroid101 16:34, September 18, 2010 (UTC)

Change Name

How can i change the name on my wiki? Sw9889 (Have something to say?) 15:21, September 19, 2010 (UTC)

Just let us know what you need using Special:Contact :) Don't forget to include the URL so we know exactly which wiki you need -- sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 04:06, September 24, 2010 (UTC)

Could I take over the Entrepreneur.wikia.com

Hi, There is a 1 page wiki done 7 months ago that needs a new owner. Can I get that? See: http://Entrepreneur.wikia.com.

I'm doing an open source business plan for someone now. It would make sense to have us run with that wiki. It would still be a fully public anyone can edit wiki. We'd just use it for lots of new open source content that is about business and being an entrepreneur.

I've never done a 'take over' of an existing namespace in the past. Thanks. Rauterkus 18:38, September 21, 2010 (UTC)

See Community Central:Adoption requests. ☆The Solar Dragon☆ 19:21, September 21, 2010 (UTC)

Forums

Hi, Who should i go to if i wanted to set up forums on my wiki?--Sw9889 (Have something to say?) 14:59, September 22, 2010 (UTC)

For new wikis, they should all be set up already. Have a look at Forum:Index on your wiki -- sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 04:11, September 24, 2010 (UTC)

Themes are gone

The themes are gone from the Monaco and Answers skins. Since you usually announce these changes, and there wasn't anything on admin talkpages, staff blogs or central froum, may I assume this is an unintended glitch? --◄mendel► 19:20, September 22, 2010 (UTC)

Themes still exist as admin choices, and you can still change the look via your personal CSS pages. This is part of the transition towards the new look. Sorry for the missed annoucement -- my fault, I was confused about when this aspect was going live. -- sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 04:13, September 24, 2010 (UTC)

Is beta over?

I applied for beta back in August and you accepted me, but I don't have that access email yet. Was I too late? Please reply.

Dk64rules (talkcontribs)

It's still going, alongside the public beta announced this week. If you haven't had your invite yet, you should do so tomorrow :) -- sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 04:14, September 24, 2010 (UTC)

Banning

I was banned from Microwiki because my friends used my email so they would not get all of those updates. I think the Admin, Cajak, blocked me only because he did not belive in the pags I created. I think it is not fair that he can block me. I did nothing wrong. Rsmall1413 00:57, September 23, 2010 (UTC)

Admins can't see your email address. But I can see more details - including your IP. It looks to me as though they were correct in thinking you were using multiple accounts. I suggest you move on and don't do that wherever you choose to edit next. -- sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 04:19, September 24, 2010 (UTC)

bakugan wiki needs a change

remember your blog,http://community.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Sannse/Sneak_Peek_at_the_New_Look_-_Themes? Well i will ask the person who runs bakugan wiki to use the changes! if you want to know what it is like now,check the link http://bakugan.wikia.com/wiki/Bakugan_Wiki. use the photo here on the oher side of this message for its backround.I'll send you a message if abce2 says yes or no.send me an example thanks!
File:800px-Header-main.jpg

~GaiaDrago

Hi, the new look isn't ready to go live everywhere yet. But it will be available soon :) Keep watching the blogs, and we'll let you know more as soon as possible -- sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 04:21, September 24, 2010 (UTC)

Admin request posted

Sannse, my request for Admin at Kyle XY Wiki has been posted (properly, I hope) to the (appropriate, I hope) Adoption/Admin Request page. asap will be fine, anything else will (of course) be tolerated ;-)

- Thumlyly 00:16, September 24, 2010 (UTC)

Cool :) They are usually looked at quite quickly, so hopefully you will find out soon. good luck! -- sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 04:24, September 24, 2010 (UTC)

Hello sannse

Just when you thought you were caught up, you aren't anymore! Here's some kittens for wasting your time: 250px-Kung_fu_kittens.JPG

heh! Kittens are never a waste of time :P -- sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 04:52, September 24, 2010 (UTC)

AdminShip

Hello I'm Goku return's and I have been very active on Dragonball Af Fanon wiki and can you make me a Adminstrator on that wik?

Thank you, from

Goku return's

Please let me know soon.Thank you very much.

From Goku return's.

Please write back.

Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.