FANDOM

(Hola Manticore)
(Favicon error: new section)
Line 82: Line 82:

:Hi. I use the pywikipediabot framework; you can read more about it [[metawikipedia:Using the python wikipediabot|here]]. -- [[User:Manticore|<span style="color:black">'''Manticore'''</span>]] [[User talk:Manticore|<span style="color:black">(talk)</span>]] 07:33, 1 June 2008 (UTC)

:Hi. I use the pywikipediabot framework; you can read more about it [[metawikipedia:Using the python wikipediabot|here]]. -- [[User:Manticore|<span style="color:black">'''Manticore'''</span>]] [[User talk:Manticore|<span style="color:black">(talk)</span>]] 07:33, 1 June 2008 (UTC)
  +
  +
== Favicon error ==
  +
  +
Done. Thx for info. -- [[User:Ppiotr|Nef]] <staff /> ([[User talk:Ppiotr|talk]]) 13:25, 2 June 2008 (UTC)

Revision as of 13:25, June 2, 2008

Manticore Welcome to my talk page. Please put new messages at the end, and remember to sign your post with four tildes (~~~~).

Archive 1 | Archive 2 | Archive 3 | Archive 4

Signature

Oh, i'm so stupid! I realise now i could have done that but at the time i forgot. Ok i'll move it, sorry for the inconvenience! —This unsigned comment is by The parkster (wallcontribs) . Please sign your posts with ~~~~!

Woops! Sorry about this! —This unsigned comment is by The parkster (wallcontribs) . Please sign your posts with ~~~~!

Thnaks i'll update it. —This unsigned comment is by The parkster (wallcontribs) . Please sign your posts with ~~~~!

Necyklopedie

Hi, I have following desires:

• In last days we had some problems with displaying pictures, see for example here.
  • At Allpages the redirects used to be shown in italics, but now they are not, which has worsened the page.
  • Didn't happened in the last time some changes in the system which disables to run robots? Please contact Ervinpospisil and Laurusnobilis...
  • I would ask also about the position of the edit button in a section. Is it possible to have it by the title as in the German Uncy?
Section [bearbeiten]
(Example)

Thanks --Karkos 14:56, 27 May 2008 (UTC)

Hi,
  • It seems changing the size of the image has fixed the problem. It's possible there were some errors with the image server.
  • I'm not entirely sure about the redirects (no longer) showing in italics. When did you notice the change?
  • I'm not sure what you mean by disabling robots - there are no bots listed on your wiki, do you mean something else?
  • As far as I'm aware the links appearing next to the text is a bug. I do remember reading about this somewhere, but I can't recall where right now, sorry. Try speaking to someone there; they might be able to tell you.
Manticore (talk) 08:03, 29 May 2008 (UTC)
Bug080529
Hi,
  • The page Pod Parou/technika is a technical discussion, it should demonstrate, whether does it work or doesn´t. Generally I think, it´s bad solution.
  • ...about half year ago?
  • They were not marked as bots, but some half year ago the system ceased to accept their edits.
  • When side some pictures in thumbs, tables etc are on the right side, and the links [edit] should be there also, they may collide with the text. (see the image right; example (Please try to look at the page with different window widths)) so I thought this would be a good solution.
--Karkos 10:29, 29 May 2008 (UTC)
I think we've come to the end of what I can help with. :) I've passed your reports onto the tech team. -- Manticore (talk) 12:08, 29 May 2008 (UTC)

Another spam link for you

<url removed>

We've had this one spammed on a couple of articles on MA/en, and it also made it over to Memory Beta. -- Sulfur 14:36, 28 May 2008 (UTC)

Blacklisted. I've also added some regex to stop the Sulfur attack names you're getting on Memory Alpha. -- Manticore (talk) 14:58, 28 May 2008 (UTC)

Coo. Thanks much dude. :) -- Sulfur 15:15, 28 May 2008 (UTC)

No worries. :) -- Manticore (talk) 08:07, 29 May 2008 (UTC)

Python wiki

I'm interested in Python so I sometimes check the Python wiki, mainly to check for spam. I notice that you added a template to the main page that is currently giving the following error message:

[Template fetch failed for http://www.wikia.com/wiki/Template:WikiaAdoption?action=render; sorry]

This clearly means that you're looking for someone to take over the wiki, so I'd better tell you that I'm not available for that role, although if someone did come along I might be able to do a small amount of helping. --JohnBeckett 03:29, 30 May 2008 (UTC)

Hmmm. It looks I just fixed it by adding "?action=purge". --JohnBeckett 03:36, 30 May 2008 (UTC)
Hi John. Interwiki templates such as this are rather buggy unfortunately; this is a standard error message that appears from time to time when the template isn't working. -- Manticore (talk) 05:51, 30 May 2008 (UTC)

not active sysops

in hebrew uncyclopady we still have non active sysops. according to your opion, should we ask to remove their speacial rights? one of them have less then 100 contributes in the last 2 years, and another 2 said that them leaving the site/ we have 10 active users and 9 (soon 10) sysops. we will glad you to make us advise, in hebrew uncyclopady in page name "איןציקלופדיה אקספרסו בר". thanks, {{SUBST:ס:משתמש:ינון/חתימה}} 13:24, 30 May 2008 (UTC)

Wikia very rarely removes local admins because of inactivity. However, if this is what your community wants, then come to some form of agreement about it and contact the Community Team. -- Manticore (talk) 13:26, 30 May 2008 (UTC)
Take Uncyclopedia for example - all sysops retain their privleges for life, more or less. And you have absent Sysops who come back after months and do a great job again. I think that a sysop whose privleges were removed, and wishes to return to the website, will not do so, since it's very hard returning to be an everyday user after being a sysop. Also, Manticore, your shoelaces are untied. Mordillo 00:57, 31 May 2008 (UTC)

Manticore sir.

Remember good old Spartan 1138? You retired me about a year ago. I'd like to be brought out of my retirement ASAP.--71.64.107.175 20:08, 30 May 2008 (UTC)

I didn't "retire (you)," you requested to be blocked. If you would like an unblock on Halopedia please log in and confirm that. -- Manticore (talk) 05:34, 31 May 2008 (UTC)

Hola Manticore

Hi, I'm member of the Star Wars Wikia en Español, I saw your user page, where you ofer us your help, well, I'd like to ask you about something we need there and nobody knows, I'm talking about bots, bots to do some automatics jobs, you know what I'm talking about right? Could you help us to learn about them???? Please. :) Lop-Har Kela 11:17, 31 May 2008 (UTC-5)

Hi. I use the pywikipediabot framework; you can read more about it here. -- Manticore (talk) 07:33, 1 June 2008 (UTC)

Favicon error

Done. Thx for info. -- Nef @fandom (talk) 13:25, 2 June 2008 (UTC)

Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.