FANDOM

(+reply)
(Hitman Wiki)
Line 98: Line 98:

:From a quick look, that request looks pretty promising to me. Unfortunately, there's nothing much that I can do - I suggest you leave a message to a member of Wikia's [[Community Team]], they are the people that usually close requests. --[[User:Jack Phoenix|Jack Phoenix]] <sub>([[User talk:Jack Phoenix|Contact]])</sub> 10:24, 22 December 2007 (UTC)

:From a quick look, that request looks pretty promising to me. Unfortunately, there's nothing much that I can do - I suggest you leave a message to a member of Wikia's [[Community Team]], they are the people that usually close requests. --[[User:Jack Phoenix|Jack Phoenix]] <sub>([[User talk:Jack Phoenix|Contact]])</sub> 10:24, 22 December 2007 (UTC)
  +
  +
== Hitman Wiki ==
  +
  +
Hello Jack, I’m relatively new to Wikia and I just stumbled upon the [http://hitman.wikia.com Hitman Wiki]. I noticed you were the only blue account on the wiki, so I hope you don’t mind me asking for some guidance. The Main Page was started by an anon, and both the sysop and bureaucrat user lists are empty, so I couldn’t find a better person to go to! I’m wondering, why ''are'' the two user lists empty, and what does it take to become a sysop or bureaucrat? If there’s a situation that requires an admin’s attention (e.g. persistent vandalism), who can I go to for help? —[[User:Shidou|Shidou]] 03:56, 28 December 2007 (UTC)

Revision as of 03:56, December 28, 2007

Archived talk: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

Thank you

For the ban on Nonciclopedia. Can you answer to this question please? [1] -- Puzza87 ( Cazzo vuoi? ) 18:03, 15 November 2007 (UTC)

No problem. I've answered to the question at w:c:nonciclopedia:Discussioni utente:Puzza87. --Jack Phoenix (Contact) 18:32, 15 November 2007 (UTC)

Thanks But..

Yeah thank I dident know.And I aplied for my own digi wiki but it did not get made and i requeated for it Last friday RedVeemonPS Could you get me one made?

As Dantman explained on your talk page, Wikia will not create a copy of an existing wiki, in this case, the Digimon Wikia. Please have a look at Wikia creation policy. But if you want, you can participate in Digimon Wikia - I'm sure the community is glad to have another member to join in. :-) --Jack Phoenix (Contact) 10:51, 18 November 2007 (UTC)

Thank you

Thank you very much for your help--25pxFulmin25px(cerchi botte?) 15:36, 19 November 2007 (UTC)

No problem, always happy to help out. :) --Jack Phoenix (Contact) 15:42, 19 November 2007 (UTC)

Uncyclopedia

Only one day ban for The Smoke? It made a mess. {{subst:nosubst|User:Tom mayfair/sig}} 21:08, 21 November 2007 (UTC)

Well, I'm just a Wikia janitor, not a local admin (yet at least) so I let you guys to make the final decision - that block was merely an emergency block. :) --Jack Phoenix (Contact) 21:13, 21 November 2007 (UTC)

Red rose My RfA
Dear Jack,
Thank you for your support in my recent request for adminship, which was successful. I appreciate the trust you have placed in me, and I will do my best to continue to serve our community with access to these extra tools. If there's anything I can ever do for you, please let me know.
Thank you for the nomination my friend.
Warm regards,
Manticore Talk | Contributions 19:34, 26 November 2007 (UTC)
Thanks - I'm sure you'll do great job as a Central admin. :) --Jack Phoenix (Contact) 19:38, 26 November 2007 (UTC)

*Tips hat*

Just a quick thanks for some spam deletion over at the Forgotten Realms Wiki :-) Zerak talk 20:04, 1 December 2007 (UTC)

No problem, it's what I do here. :) --Jack Phoenix (Contact) 21:01, 1 December 2007 (UTC)

I'm rather curious why you make your userpage in every random wiki. I mean I can't really see a point in it other than trying to get your name more visible on the internet, so erm... why do you do it? —This unsigned comment is by Zaku I (talkcontribs).

Hi, please remember to sign your posts with four tildes (~~~~), this makes life easier for both of us as I know whom to address the reply to. :)
As for the question, I am a Wikia janitor, which means I'm going to pop up in a lot of different Wikia wikis hunting for spammers and vandals. Having a userpage and a talkpage redirect makes it easier for everyone to know who I am, how to contact me and why I could, for example delete pages or ban users. Especially new administrators might be confused with how some user who doesn't show up on the wiki's Special:Listusers/sysop - admin list - could delete a page or two. Besides, it's not against Wikia's policies to do so. Some Wikia Staff members have a userpage on almost every wiki, and I see absolutely nothing wrong with it. --Jack Phoenix (Contact) 19:56, 3 December 2007 (UTC)

Capitals

Dear Jack, You are wasting your time for no benefit to anybody by changing these links: http://starter.wikia.com/index.php?title=Help:Administrators%27_how-to_guide&diff=0&oldid=2659

Not one of those changes will make any difference except in the edit box, I believe. It's possible I did some of them. When I have to type, I don't capitalise except where it makes a difference. On the other hand, when I can paste, I do, and that may produce a capital. But the software capitalises all for display purposes.

Most of what I see you do is very good and helpful - keep it up!

Robin Patterson 02:26, 4 December 2007 (UTC)

Hi Robin, thanks for your message.
I do kinda agree, they're minor cosmetic changes, but if a new user sees [[Category:Administration of this site]] and [[category:help]] on some help page, they might get confused with the formatting, and I've been told that MediaWiki isn't *that* newbie-friendly. And I find it kinda funny too that a page uses both, so I decided to fix it while I'm at it. ;-)
Thank you for the compliments. :) --Jack Phoenix (Contact) 15:48, 4 December 2007 (UTC)

Bruna Manzon

No, I want to write in portuguese. Actually, I've started this one: http://requests.wikia.com/wiki/Bruna_Manzon . Lord Insipidus 01:52, 14 December 2007 (UTC)

You could request a Portuguese Beauty Wikia, like pt.beauty - so go make request for it. The page you've created seems to be actual content and it clearly states the following on the editing screen:
Please do not use the requests wiki to create content. This wiki is only for making wiki requests. If you currently wish to make a request, please use the wiki request form. If you have made a request and want to create content before your request is reviewed, please create a temporary wiki at Scratchpad Wiki Labs.
If you decide to request a new wiki, I wish the best of luck for you - starting a new wiki can be tough, but rewarding too. :-) --Jack Phoenix (Contact) 13:06, 14 December 2007 (UTC)

Problem in Arabic uncyclopedia

Hi Jack sorry to bother you, we made a change in the system messages , and to bee more specific we changed the skin of the site ,Not from the monobook but from the special pages using that new feature called customize the wiki and we don’t know how to go back to the original one, We made a big mess and we don’t know how to fix it. we need urgent help, ThanksClassic 971 16:49, 19 December 2007 (UTC)

I believe sannse and the techs fixed this; CustomizeWiki seems to be a bit of beta-feature at the moment. :) --Jack Phoenix (Contact) 17:31, 19 December 2007 (UTC)

Interwiki redirects

Considering interwiki redirect doesn't actually work, and you seem to be just copy-pasting the stuff on your user page and talk page on other wikis anyways, it probably be much friendly if you invest in some time to type up something with a link, instead of just having a redirect that doesn't automatically redirect. This is regarding w:c:alicesoft:user_talk:Jack Phoenix. -Afker 06:16, 20 December 2007 (UTC)

Quite honestly, I fail to see the 'problem' with interwiki redirects. They work exactly as they should; they redirect the user to this page - even though not automatically - which is where all messages to me should be left. I want to keep things tidy across 4000+ wikis; having a real talkpage on every single wiki would be just painful and it'd be too hard to keep track of issues, bugs and such things.
Besides, automatic interwiki redirects would be horrible, even inside *.wikia.com sites. My userpage template quite clearly explains who I am and where to contact me. I'm quite positive that most people check userpages before talkpages. ;-)
--Jack Phoenix (Contact) 11:55, 20 December 2007 (UTC)

Help!

My wikia request [2]. Shouldn't it be created?? :S Thnx Alexandru 10:11, 22 December 2007 (UTC)

From a quick look, that request looks pretty promising to me. Unfortunately, there's nothing much that I can do - I suggest you leave a message to a member of Wikia's Community Team, they are the people that usually close requests. --Jack Phoenix (Contact) 10:24, 22 December 2007 (UTC)

Hitman Wiki

Hello Jack, I’m relatively new to Wikia and I just stumbled upon the Hitman Wiki. I noticed you were the only blue account on the wiki, so I hope you don’t mind me asking for some guidance. The Main Page was started by an anon, and both the sysop and bureaucrat user lists are empty, so I couldn’t find a better person to go to! I’m wondering, why are the two user lists empty, and what does it take to become a sysop or bureaucrat? If there’s a situation that requires an admin’s attention (e.g. persistent vandalism), who can I go to for help? —Shidou 03:56, 28 December 2007 (UTC)

Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.