FANDOM

(Coloured Box (Admin))
Line 245: Line 245:

Godisme! -_- look you kicked Zim195. I want to know why. <span style="font-size:85%;">—This [[w:c:help:Help:Signature|unsigned]] comment is by [[User:Meldrick G.|Meldrick G.]] ([[User talk:Meldrick G.|talk]] • [[Special:Contributions/Meldrick G.|contribs]]) . Please sign your posts with ~~<nowiki>~~</nowiki>!</span>

Godisme! -_- look you kicked Zim195. I want to know why. <span style="font-size:85%;">—This [[w:c:help:Help:Signature|unsigned]] comment is by [[User:Meldrick G.|Meldrick G.]] ([[User talk:Meldrick G.|talk]] • [[Special:Contributions/Meldrick G.|contribs]]) . Please sign your posts with ~~<nowiki>~~</nowiki>!</span>

:As I've already told you, we don't discuss bans with 3<sup>rd</sup> parties. -- '''[[User:Randomtime|<span style="color:#104E8B;">Random</span>]][[User talk:Randomtime|<span style="color:#E3170D;">Time</span>]]''' 12:37, September 24, 2011 (UTC)

:As I've already told you, we don't discuss bans with 3<sup>rd</sup> parties. -- '''[[User:Randomtime|<span style="color:#104E8B;">Random</span>]][[User talk:Randomtime|<span style="color:#E3170D;">Time</span>]]''' 12:37, September 24, 2011 (UTC)
  +
  +
==Sig Question==
  +
Hi Godisme, I need help with this sig code, I try to add it into my preference however it appears as an invaild raw signature.
  +
<pre>
  +
<font face="Arial" size=3>[[User:White Flash|<font color=#7d7d7d>'''White'''</font>]] [[User talk:White Flash|<font color=#4f4f4f>'''Flash'''</font>]]
  +
</pre>
  +
<span style="white-space: nowrap">'''[[User:White Flash|<span style="color: #32444b;">W</span><span style="color: #3a4e56;">h</span><span style="color: #3d535b;">i</span><span style="color: #425962;">t</span><span style="color: #425962;">e</span><span style="color: #3d535b;"> F</span><span style="color: #3a4e56;">la</span><span style="color: #32444b;">sh</span>]]''' <div style="display:inline-block;vertical-align:middle;font-size:70%;line-height:100%;">'''[[User talk:White Flash|<span style="color: #32444b;">(Talk)</span>]]'''</div></span> 16:11, September 25, 2011 (UTC)

Revision as of 16:11, September 25, 2011

Welcome to Godisme's Talk Page
Welcome to my talk page. Leave a message here if you need to contact me. I will try to get back to you as soon as I can.If you need to get a hold of me immediately, I can likely be found on Wikia's IRC channel. Please remember to follow all policies when posting here. Please leave a new message with a new heading if this is concerning something new. Please remember to sign your posts as well. This can be done by adding four tildes to the end of your post like this ~~~~

If you are leaving a message for me, I will respond here. If I left you a message, please respond on your talk page. Thank you.

Please note, I am not staff. I cannot handle any issues you have on any other wiki aside from this one or the ones I am an admin on.

Archive 1 Archive 2

Ban

i ment to say dont

on the chat

unbanme—This unsigned comment is by Goku259 (wallcontribs) . Please sign your posts with ~~~~!

I told Airhogs not to use emoticons, you respond "So do it, idiot". This behavior is unacceptable. Even if you meant to say don't do it, you still called another member of this community an idiot. The ban is staying in place.--GodPray  17:13,9/11/2011 

unban me god iment to say on the chat "dont do idoit" i press the wrong thing unban me—This unsigned comment is by Goku259 (wallcontribs) . Please sign your posts with ~~~~!

No--GodPray  17:15,9/11/2011 

Deletion

Why are you deleting my pages?

hopiakuta DonFphrnqTaub Persina 21:30, September 11, 2011 (UTC)

You made a blog post without a title and that had no content, therefore it was deleted. If you want to make a blog post, it needs content and to be on topic to this wiki.--GodPray  21:34,9/11/2011 

Thanks

thanks for the warm welcome Wazam123 23:04, September 11, 2011 (UTC)

ban

Hi, I was wondering why I got banned from the chat. This other person said you banned me (Sorry if I'm wrong) But I was wondering why you banned me because I don't think I was rude or anything. and if possible if I could get permission to get back on.

Mai Is Me

You were flooding with joins/parts. I kickbanned you, waited for five minutes and unbanned you. You came right back in and started flooding again. If your connection is stable now I can let you back in but if you start flooding again, you will be right back out.--GodPray  23:56,9/12/2011 

Ok, I'll log out when I'm done next time. Is flooding when you keep leaving and then coming back?

Yes, I will unban you now--GodPray  00:11,9/13/2011 

Thank You :D

Chat

Can you un KB me? it's been 2 weeks...

~ Lordofpyrus @ 5:34 P.M. on Friday, September 16, 2011 PST

Charitwo is the one who kicked you. Ask him, though kickbans are not 2 week things. They are permanent. Occasionally we will tell a person that they will be unbanned in two weeks but not always.--GodPray  00:47,9/17/2011 

Chat

Could you please unban me in chat? Promise I won't harass anymore. themoticon-0159-music.gif Mystery UkuleleMan | Talk | Blog | Subscribe | 01:17, September 17, 2011 (UTC)

Considering all you ever do when we let you on this wiki is threaten us if we don't unblock Bryce, I see no reason to unban you.--GodPray  01:36,9/17/2011 
Threaten you? No, it's just that we need Bryce back. If you bring him back then you don't have to un-kickban me. It's just that everyone is very sad. --themoticon-0159-music.gif Mystery UkuleleMan | Talk | 16:24, September 17, 2011 (UTC)

Js

Do you have a js link to a link where theres js that allows you to make a button switching between vector and monobook above the RCA and random page button? Like the one at Moncho's remnant wiki. Thanks. TheBen10Mazter (Talk -Blog -Contribs) 02:16, September 17, 2011 (UTC)

User blog:Monchoman45/Improving your interface with CSS/JS. You can't switch to vector though.--GodPray  02:19,9/17/2011 

Problems with another user

Special:Contact says to contact the local admin about problems with other users before escalating to Staff. Your name has been randomly selected from the admin I see before me at Special:ListUsers/sysop, because you're in the middle of the list. And you're God.

If you go to user talk:CzechOut#Sorry, you will see there a (doubtlessly empty) threat of legal action against me by the person who was the subject of Admin Forum:Advice sought: best practices with sock puppetry? I know this because he refers to a final message left for him at tardis:User talk:BroadcastCorp#You are infinitely banned.

As User:TK-999 pointed out, though, the TOS clearly indemnifies me from any sort of legal action. So I'm hardly worried about myself.

My question is this, though: is the threat of legal action and general nastiness enough to pass this IP forward to Wikia Staff so that they may decide whether to range block him. Do you as an admin want to take any blocking actions against him on this forum? Is there anything that should be done as a consequence of this latest message, or do we just meet it with silence, in the hopes that the attention seeker will be denied the notice he craves? czechout@fandom    fly tardis  19:16: Sat 17 Sep 2011 

As this is just a single message, I will not take action yet. Should the problem escalate here, let me know and I will block him here. If however he continues to message you elsewhere and it becomes an escalated cross wiki problem, you will want to talk to staff. Notify me if the situation gets worse.--GodPray  19:58,9/17/2011 

Signature

Hi, I think I may have already asked this question but I can't seem to be able to find it. How do I customize my signature. I know how to make it a different sentence other than my username but I don't know how to get one that is different colours and goes to my Talk Page and my Profile, can you please help me out? Somewhere over the rainbow 23:40, September 17, 2011 (UTC)Glee Rocks!

You can customize your sig in the signature section of your preference. To change the colors Make your signature say [[User:Glee Rocks!|<span color:green>Somewhere over the rainbow</span>]] [[User Talk:Glee Rocks!|<span color:blue>Talk</span>]] you can change the colors to what you want but that is the basic format.--GodPray  23:49,9/17/2011 
Thanks, but I tried it and it didn't work. What do I do? Somewhere over the rainbow 09:36, September 21, 2011 (UTC)Glee Rocks!
Try this [[User:Glee Rocks!|<font color=green>Somewhere over the rainbow</font>]] [[User talk:Glee Rocks!|<font color=blue>Talk</font>]] It seems the span tags did not want to cooperate.--GodPray  13:07,9/21/2011 
Span tags have to use the style attribute. So it should be [[User:Glee Rocks!|<span style="color: green">Somewhere over the rainbow</span>]] [[User Talk:Glee Rocks!|<span style="color: blue">Talk</span>]]</span> Rappy 20:04, September 21, 2011 (UTC)

It STILL didn't work. It said 'Invalid raw signature. check HTML Tags. I have tried to do that but I don't know what it means. Somewhere over the rainbow 06:12, September 22, 2011 (UTC)Glee Rocks!

Unban

unban alreday its been weeks. —This unsigned comment is by Goku259 (wallcontribs) . Please sign your posts with ~~~~!

No, and the next time you message me, you will get banned from the wiki as well.--GodPray  14:52,9/18/2011 

Chat problem

hi god i have a big problem when in chat and i click ctrl+r ond open spishal chat i cant close it now pleas help me and leave the answer in my talk page thank you—This unsigned comment is by Gwen2011 (wallcontribs) . Please sign your posts with ~~~~!

Thats likely a problem on your end. I can't do anything here.--GodPray  16:03,9/18/2011 

hi I dont have much understanding how to work if the wikia system so just wish some help:

there's been someone posting nonsense and changing page titles on doraemon.wikia.com

I only know how to revert changes within page but not he page title and deleting irrelevant images.

Please help and thanks! —This unsigned comment is by 220.246.71.94 (talk) . Please sign your posts with ~~~~!

To change the page name, go to the dropdown box over the edit menu and click rename. If you are having continued problems, talk to VSTF to help deal with it.--GodPray  15:00,9/19/2011 

Private message between multiple users

Hey, you mentioned on Sarah's talk page this is possible. Thought I'd leave a note here as it isn't pertinent to her talk page - but how do you do it? I tried, and got "You have connected from another browser. This connection will be closed.". I don't see how to differentiate having two private messages at once, with having one private message with two people--Acer4666 15:26, September 19, 2011 (UTC)

You need to put mainRoom.openPrivateChat(['A user', 'Another user']) into the developer's console in your browser.--GodPray  16:00,9/19/2011 

WIKI ADMIN

I'M Blud d mess from, madness combat wiki (It's the first wiki i ever edited), Can i be admin for madness combat wiki, if not, then can i be admin for asdfmovie wiki? I'M THE MASTER OF DEATH!!!!!! 02:44, September 20, 2011 (UTC)

See Community Central:Adoption Requests--GodPray  02:44,9/20/2011 

Chat

Can you tell me how the chat thing works? I'M THE MASTER OF DEATH!!!!!! 02:55, September 20, 2011 (UTC)

You simply enter chat and can then talk with anyone in there.--GodPray  02:56,9/20/2011 

You should come and vist the madness combat wiki, read though it and if you don't know what madness is, i can solve that problem, look up krinkels.net and you'll know what it is I'M THE MASTER OF DEATH!!!!!! 03:00, September 20, 2011 (UTC)

IRC

'ello again,

I was queried in IRC by a user under the name "MessengerOfBlock" today telling me to message you about the ban. I'm fairly sure it's a hoax of some sort, please tell me if it is. I've got a screenshot of it, at: BRPuP.png

Please tell me if it's another kid with too much time on his hands. Adam Savage Modified chat icon talk page

21:29, September 21, 2011 (UTC)
I said no such thing.--GodPray  21:31,9/21/2011 

Thanks

Thanks for taking my request in kickbanning me so i can finish my paper, i'll give you a message when im done and can be unkickbanned. Thanks again. TheBen10Mazter (Talk -Blog -Contribs) 22:02, September 21, 2011 (UTC)

Alright, im done with my paper, i can be unkickbanned now. Thanks. --TheBen10Mazter (Talk -Blog -Contribs) 23:34, September 21, 2011 (UTC)

Chat

Hey Godisme, is there a bug going on in chat?--White Flash Dragon (talk) 01:29, September 22, 2011 (UTC)

Yes, some users are not able to see the user list and pms do not work. Staff are working on these.--GodPray  01:31,9/22/2011 

HAPPY MADNESS DAY

MADNESS DAY IS SEPTEMBER 22ND, TODAY IS SEPTEMBER 22ND SO HAPPY MADNESS DAY! I'M THE MASTER OF DEATH!!!!!! 01:33, September 22, 2011 (UTC)

Really?

You kbed me? Really? Rolls eyes.

Brackenfur66

No, I didn't. Randomtime did.--GodPray  23:31,9/22/2011 

Coloured Box (Admin)

Hi,an admin on my wiki was looking around Glee Wiki and was wondering how you get coloured chat boxes. (Not chat, chat as in on the bottom of pages.) Could you please tell me how? I was sure that New Direction's Trophy was gonna grow over the Holidays 07:59, September 23, 2011 (UTC)Glee Rocks!

Place this in your wiki's MediaWiki:Wikia.css

.comments li[data-user="Username"] > blockquote {
   background: #ACCFEF !important;
}
.comments li[data-user="Username"] > blockquote:after {
   border-color: transparent #ACCFEF #ACCFEF transparent !important;
}
.comments li[data-user="Username"] > blockquote div {
   background: transparent !important;
}

--GodPray  13:48,9/23/2011 

Sorry if I'm becoming a bother, but, I can't find that page. I typed it in the search button but I can't find it! I was sure that New Direction's Trophy was gonna grow over the Holidays 21:19, September 23, 2011 (UTC)Glee Rocks!

What is the name of your wiki?--GodPray  21:25,9/23/2011 

It's called Quick from Glee wiki (Quinn+Puck) I was sure that New Direction's Trophy was gonna grow over the Holidays 21:49, September 24, 2011 (UTC)Glee Rocks!

Put it here.--GodPray  21:55,9/24/2011 

Interlanguage link

Sorry if I ask you directly, but can you explain to me the use of Community Central:Interlanguage link requests? I know what an interlanguage link is, but that means can I request to fully link two wikis? How can you know how the different articles are called in the other version? leviathan_89 19:40, 23 September, 2011 (UTC)

It is simply a link between one wiki to the other. It does not link to any of the pages, just the wiki itself.--GodPray  19:44,9/23/2011 

Well I have alredy add the interwiki link in the main page to the other wikis (and added mine to the other) is it different? Or can I add a request? leviathan_89 19:58, 23 September, 2011 (UTC)

The interwiki link you can request here is a hard coded direct link from a wiki to the same wiki in a different language. It offers nothing that a w:c: link does not, they are just coded into the severs then.--GodPray  20:01,9/23/2011 

So it's pointless request it if I already add it... well thank you. leviathan_89 20:09, 23 September, 2011 (UTC)

Chat please

Hello. I was wondering if you would let me back into chat.Brad h. 21:13, September 23, 2011 (UTC)

You were kicked by Charitwo, talk to him.--GodPray  21:20,9/23/2011 

rollback

Hey Godisme, Thanks for your help with the blog...going forward we'll be using images like this at times. It's something we're trying out on the blogs. So I rollbacked the image to its original size. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks for all your hard work always! --Meighan WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 22:54, September 23, 2011 (UTC)

Scrolling down an entire page just to read the information? That really is quite annoying in my opinion. I don't go to a content page to see a huge image. Rappy 22:58, September 23, 2011 (UTC)
Meighan, you uploaded three different images just to get the size right. A simple |300px or so would have worked better. Also frame is outdated and thumb should be used instead and as Rappy said, the picture is gigantic and pushes everything down an entire screen which makes the blog look unprofessional. If this is how you guys are going to be doing things, fine but I don't think it is a good idea. Staff blogs should look professional.--GodPray  23:02,9/23/2011 
Hey guys, Yep, I uploaded an image a few times...seeing what works. That's all. We've done this a few times with blogs. I like that it visually pulls people in and separates from a Help Page. --Meighan WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 23:14, September 23, 2011 (UTC)

Making Links Bold

Hi Godisme! I recently created a new wiki and wanted to make all the links bold automatically. Is there a way to do so? Thanks! HeadTalk  01:15,9/24/2011 

Add a {font-weight:bold;} to your wiki's css.--GodPray  01:17,9/24/2011 
Thanks! HeadTalk  01:18,9/24/2011 
I tried it at w:c:fifthgraderrpg:MediaWiki:Common.css and it's not working. What am I doing wrong? HeadTalk  01:23,9/24/2011 
Use Wikia.css. Common does not affect Oasis.--GodPray  01:25,9/24/2011 

(Reset indent) Is there a way to make it work on pages only? HeadTalk  01:29,9/24/2011 

You would need to perform a namespace check .ns-0 a {font-weight:bold;} should work. Not sure on that.--GodPray  01:37,9/24/2011 
I want it to work on every page of every namespace. I don't want the links above and below the page to be bold. (Like the header.) HeadTalk  01:43,9/24/2011 
I don't think you can do that then. You can't define which links to bold and which to not bold. The only way to do that is to check a namespace which you do not want.--GodPray  01:45,9/24/2011 
.ns-0 .WikiaArticle a { font-weight: bold; }
Rappy 01:54, September 24, 2011 (UTC)

Zim195

Godisme! -_- look you kicked Zim195. I want to know why. —This unsigned comment is by Meldrick G. (talkcontribs) . Please sign your posts with ~~~~!

As I've already told you, we don't discuss bans with 3rd parties. -- RandomTime 12:37, September 24, 2011 (UTC)

Sig Question

Hi Godisme, I need help with this sig code, I try to add it into my preference however it appears as an invaild raw signature.

<font face="Arial" size=3>[[User:White Flash|<font color=#7d7d7d>'''White'''</font>]] [[User talk:White Flash|<font color=#4f4f4f>'''Flash'''</font>]]
White Flash 16:11, September 25, 2011 (UTC)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.