- And where does the blurb get posted?
- See User:CocoaZen/fw for the steps involved in administering the Featured Wiki each month. That page has information about where the nominated and featured wikia "blurbs" should be posted. There are links to example blurbs too. Best wishes. --CocoaZen 17:33, 23 November 2006 (UTC)
- Hi, I'm a little lost. I posted a nomination for the Muppet Wiki to be the featured wiki and one vote from myself on the vote page. Was this all correct, or did I blunder something up? Thanks for the help. -- JParanoid 22:07, 21 January 2006 (UTC)
- Looks like you did everything right so far. Others can now vote for your Wiki. (You might want to suggest it on the Muppet Wiki.) I see your ID was the one that made the changes, so I'll add a note that your vote is confirmed.
- If/When your Wiki gets the most valid votes, it will be your month to be featured. At that time, it would be good, if some of the people, like you, who know the Muppet Wiki best create a note about the Muppet Wiki for posting to the main page and keeping in the previously featured wiki list. (Someone else, like me, could write this, but a regular participantcould probably point out what's best about your wiki better than someone who is not a regular participant.)
- In the meantime, your nomination also lets people know some of the highlights of your wiki.
- Best wishes! --CocoaZen 23:15, 21 January 2006 (UTC)
Hello. You wished me a welcome here (http://www.wikicities.com/wiki/User_talk:Anthere), but this account is not in my ownership and I never wrote the rude message left there. I am sorry you read that. I cannot prove this message is from me, except that my ip address goes to the place where I live, Clermont Ferrand. Cheers 184.108.40.206
I am really beginning to like WikiCities a LOT!!!! :)
Thank you for all your help, CocoaZen! :) If you have time, I would really love it if you would give me as many hints and links to things I need to learn as possible! :) Did I mention that I LOVE WikiCities A LOT?!! :) I cannot stay away from these wikis!!! Thank you very much again! Have an excellent day!! :) JBD 04:39, 9 February 2006 (UTC)
I need some good advice.
I really appreciate your advice, CocoaZen. :) There's one thing I need to ask you: How do you start a new WikiCity? WikiCities set up a WikiCity for Internet Wiki, and I have never had a WikiCity before. Thanks! Also, any other suggestions you may have, please do post them, I will check 'em out! :)JBD 00:33, 10 February 2006 (UTC)
Updating Featured Wikicity/vote
You're the expert. We're halfway through Muppet month already!! Robin Patterson 10:56, 14 February 2006 (UTC)
I mean, Muppet Wiki should be moved out of the vote-collecting section and into the section where recently-featured wikis go. (I didn't realise that you'd been fractionally out of touch.) Robin Patterson 00:05, 15 February 2006 (UTC)
Where is it?
Hey, I was wondering where I could find the text from a past proposal. You see, my wiki was recently created (tech.wikicities.com) and I recall quite clearly that I made quite a few good points in the proposal. I'd really like to consult those points, which I unfortunately forgot, to add mission statement, main page info, etc to the wiki. Any suggestions? Thanks. Comeby, and I'll make you a sysop, maybe even a crat. --Master Jay 00:06, 15 February 2006 (UTC)
- Well thanks for coming by anyways. Just so you know, I made you a sysop at tech.wikicities.com. Thanks. --Master Jay 01:14, 17 February 2006 (UTC)
Featured Wiki - LOST
It seems as though LOST will win for April's Wikia of the month, so I was wondering exactly how does it get carried out? Am I supposed to update the front page blurb with LOST, and move RC Wiki's votes and blurb to the appropriate Featured Wikia page?
Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
--ChristianShephard 14:57, 31 March 2006 (UTC)
Thank you. I didn't mind changing everything around, it was quite fun actually. Coincidentally, User:CocoaZen/fw was actually the guide that I used for updating everything. :)
--ChristianShephard 23:31, 3 April 2006 (UTC)
--KimBayne 03:18, 12 April 2006 (UTC) Kimbayne is also the same as KimBayne, so how do I get these two accounts merged? And yes, I'm back and trying to intereste folks in adding to the Tucson Wiki.
- Kim - I don't know. I believe it requires a higher level of technical access than normal administrators have. I'll pass your request on. Thank you for trying to revive interest in the Tucson Wiki (within cities:?). --CocoaZen 03:24, 16 April 2006 (UTC)
- I've told Kim much the same as that, and that I've redirected her "capital B" pages to the "small b" pages (where she's an admin) as a temporary measure. Robin Patterson 01:09, 26 April 2006 (UTC)
My Welcome/what happen to my wikia request
Well, it cam a little late, but better late than never! By the way, what ever happened to my wikia request? No messeage concerning it has come to my email, and it has been around 10 days. Dr.Evil 18:24, 22 April 2006 (UTC)
Hi Cocoa. Just wanted to make sure it was "May", it is according to GMT, CST, and EST anyways, and wanted to verify it was ok to change the main page. Thanks --LordTBT 05:31, 1 May 2006 (UTC)
- My count agrees with yours. I believe Redwall is May's Featured Wikia. Congratulations! Thanks for writing the blurb. --CocoaZen 16:02, 1 May 2006 (UTC) (talk)
Thanks for giving me a welcome, CocoaZen! :) I still can't understand how you figured me out as a Harry Potter fan. Outstanding guesswork! :D I used to be a really big Harry Potter fan - I knew everything; well, I still know a lot - and I still am a fan, just not a very big one. I'm a huge Lost fan these days and now I know a lot about it too.
Hi from the travel wiki
I completely agree with you - but I'm not sure what the right answer is on consolidating local, travel and cities. The travel topic is more "visiting" and the local topic is more "living there", while the cities seem to be more historical or fact based in nature... What do you think about WORLD.wikia.com with links to local, history and travel guides to every city? Also, would you be intrested in adding a sailing guide to travel.wikia.com? I've only been to the BVI's but it sounds like you might have a lot of knowledge of sailing ;-)
We're still trying to engage people, but in the meantime, it would be great if you had any knowledge of various cities you wanted to add :-) Gil
Re: My talk page and Peanuts
===>Hello! If I was forced to choose, I'd probably say my favorite is good old Charlie Brown, but I really enjoy the strip and animation all-around. I was interested in the Peanuts Wikia more than most of the others and I had a novel, if infeasible, idea of updating the wikia using the Complete Peanuts being released by Fantagraphics. We'll see, I suppose. I'm spending much more time on Wikipedia, and really too much time on the Internet as is. Koavf 21:35, 26 July 2006 (UTC)
Hi CocoaZen, I could see you in the channel, and see you type "test", but then you lost connection. On the skin, I've not seen that at all - what is it you are seeing? Can you try 1. resetting your skin in your preferences, 2. logging out and back in. 3. do a hard refresh on your browser (usually Ctrl F5). If this doesn't work, maybe you can upload a screen-shot so I can see more? -- sannse (talk) 21:17, 28 July 2006 (UTC)
- PS: The advertisements at the top are part of a test on central. --Splarka (talk) 23:54, 28 July 2006 (UTC)
Hello! I noticed you've edited on w:c:Campaigns. If you plan to hang out there a bit, the wikia cabal would like to deputize you there to help keep an eye on this slightly high-profile Wikia. Let us know ^_^. --Splarka (talk) 20:42, 31 July 2006 (UTC)
- Ok, you're now +sys. Enjoy, and remember, absolute power corrupts absolutely. --Splarka (talk) 21:59, 31 July 2006 (UTC)
Thanks for coming to lunch
Aha, that seems to be the key to this bug. It certainly used to work with "wikia:", but for some reason it's reverted to the old style. I've added that to the bug report and mailed the staff. I'm hoping this information will make it a lot easier to find and fix the problem.
The trip back was fine thanks, but boy was I tired! I slept all day yesterday and then all night too. Hope yours was good too. It was fantastic meeting you and the others -- sannse (talk) 10:08, 8 August 2006 (UTC)
Thanks for the welcome
I appreciate the welcome! It's a lot nicer here. I've had a great time over at radio control and it's SO much quieter on that and some of the other small wikis. Wikipedia is just getting out of control with its dedicated vandals and other idiocy. - Lucky 6.9 01:37, 9 August 2006 (UTC)
Psychology Wiki featured site blurb uploaded
Hi CocoaZen. Thanks for letting me know we are the featured wiki this month. Ive loaded up the blurb into the template. I dont know if its just me but it is difficult to edit this page at the moment as I can only move arround with the arrow keys, cant select text etcLifeartist 10:39, 9 August 2006 (UTC)
Travel Alerts and other applause
Hi CocoaZen. I am sorry we didn't get a chance to chat at Wikimania. I was somewhat overwhelmed as I tried to drink from the firehose of information being shared there. That being said, please accept my enthusiastic high five and ongoing applause for your work on [WorldWiki]. Please keep the ideas coming. I like the Travel Alerts and have added to them this morning. Cheers, -- BillK (talk) 18:59, 10 August 2006 (UTC)
I've had a go at a logo for the Judaism wikia. I don't seem to be very inspired tonight, but I've uploaded two for you to have a look at. You'll see them at the top of recent changes - I hope one of them works! -- sannse (talk) 22:55, 11 August 2006 (UTC)
- I've added one that might work for cities now. It's at w:c:cities:Image:Citieslogo-1.png. Any good? -- sannse (talk) 21:03, 13 August 2006 (UTC)
Yes, you can't move images. I've uploaded it again with the full source info, I think it looks OK! Any ideas of what might work for Judaism? Maybe if you come up with the idea, I can come up with the image ;) -- sannse (talk) 06:21, 15 August 2006 (UTC)
Translation of WorldWiki
The Sims 2 Wiki
I was not aware of the current status of The Sims wiki. I am making a seperate Sims Wiki. Thanks for the information. Sundogs 19:44, 22 September 2006
Enjoy Inconvenient Truth
Hi Zen. Thanks for reminding. In fact, I was thinking to do that and 'thinking' over the contents. Sometime today, I shall be adding a little descriptive contents by way of initial introductory contents. I also thank you for making my work easier by creating Chennai. I also look forward to have more chats with you and others. Yes, I always enjoy contributing to Wikia, though it is just the beginning. --Bhadani 02:53, 8 October 2006 (UTC)
Hi from sm8900
Thanks Cocoa! By the way, how long has this been here? Just curious. I';ve already been contributing to Wikipedia for quite some time. Thanks.
Final Fantasy Wikia
Hebrew language user box
Hi CocoaZen. Regarding Hebrew language user boxes, you can find the appropriate templates in the Hebrew wikipedia.
Cheers, --Oshani 12:37, 8 November 2006 (UTC)
Hey CZ - Chris, who took over from you as my mentor - thanks for abandoning me, by the way :) - suggests that I run back to you for assistance in design. Allen Gunn, one of the experts I'd consulted for the project, suggested that we clean up the look of the pages, to make them less confusing to non-wikians. Please see his "design is critical" comments (under the "Technical" heading). Can you help? Thanks; Leo|Talk
This Wiki web is a version in Portuguese of the Dune with text of other sources. I used the content to test the formatting and to ask for I assist in the translations. The sources will be credited.
It forgives me the idea was not to cause confusion. The tool is new for me and the tutorial ones in Portuguese do not exist. I am making test in http://scratchpad.wikia.com/wiki/User:Dunabr I am deletando the substances of the central Wikia. With it had said my idea is to create a WikiWeb with texts in Portuguese removed of you vary sources that duly will be credited.
My initial idea is to place some topics after this fact inviting the staff of the forum that I participate to help, finds that thus the people collaborate more. thanks for the attention. PS I did not understand as to make mine wikiweb to go for the central Wiki central. He forgives the bad English http://translate.google.com
Thank you very much CocoaZen for the "bienvenida" in my user page in Spanish. By the way, could you tell me how to insert an image present in wikipedia commons. I have tried several wasys but I was unsuccessful ([[image:wikicommons:file name name]]). Regards,--Tasc 01:48, 19 November 2006 (UTC)
- Thank you CocoaZen. I will do so with figures. On the other hand, don’t worry about the automatic translation. I do the same with Italian. I have to tell you that, although with some errors, it was perfectly understandable. And I am sure that my “manual” English has also a lot of errors. Regards from Argentina, --Tasc 14:36, 19 November 2006 (UTC)
No hay problema CocoaZen. De ahora en más le escribiré en español (lo haré de manera formal -sin tutear- , para que sea más sencillo para usted). El párrafo que me escribió hay muchas formas de escribirlo. Una podría ser:
"Escribe Inglese bien. Este esta "manual". Espero que comprehenderle. ? (Quiero practicar, si no usted no importante.) Si les hace muy facil, me gustaria recibir comentario en español."
"Escribe bien Inglés. Este texto es también "manual". Espero con lo entienda -en español se usa más "entender" que "comprender", aunque nadie va a dejar de entenderlo si dice comprender- (Quiero practicar, si no es una molestia para usted). Si no es una molestia, me gustaría recibir los comentarios en Español."
Por último, en español, ser y estar son verbos diferentes, mientras que en Inglés ambos son uno (to be). Supongo que no es fácil distinguirlos al principio. Por eso lo correcto es decir "Este es manual" en lugar de "Este esta manual". "Estoy bien de salud" en lugar de "Soy bien de salud". Sin embargo, en algunos casos es casi indistinto: "Soy flaco" y "Estoy flaco". Aunque "soy flaco" significa que siempre lo soy y "estoy flaco" significa que en este momento "soy flaco". Seguramente hay alguna forma más didáctica de explicarlo. Aclaro que la lengua no es precisamente mi punto fuerte; soy Químico, así que haré lo que pueda. Como estos son los verbos más importantes, le recomiendo alguna lectura especializada sobre gramática y uso de estos dos verbos. Debe haber mucho en Internet y mucho más claro que lo que yo pueda decir aquí.
CocoaZen, tengo una consulta más. Estoy re-escribiendo un artículo en genealogy.wikia.com que traje desde Wikipedia. En Wikipedia parece que no les gusta mucho la genealogía (porque inevitablemente contiene cosas personales e investigación propia) y entonces un usuario le puso un cartel de borrado. Por ahora les está costando trabajo alcanzar el 75% que necesitan para borrarlo, pero he tenido que eliminar muchas secciones que tenían información interesante (desde mi punto de vista, desde luego). El trabajo está escrito en español, pero aún así quizá pueda darme un consejo sobre si el formato es el adecuado para wikia. Tendré que consultar también en genealogy.wikia, pero aún no lo he hecho porque no tienen un Café o lugar de consultas (que yo haya encontrado) y ningún usuario me dio aún la bienvenida. El enlace (link) es Santa Coloma. Por ahora está la versión completa del artículo. Tiene muchos links rotos, que voy a corregir en los próximos meses (es muy largo y llevará tiempo). Bueno, muchas gracias. Saludos,--Tasc 16:52, 19 November 2006 (UTC)
What are you talking about??? I don't do that, did I accedentally do something like that? cchristian
- Oh duh! now I know what you're talking about, I was helping him make his user page on Wikifur and so as a reference point, to help him get the idea of linking to his site, i did that on his Wikia Central page and asted it in the CGI. so technically, I was advertising but the user gave me permission to edit his page... so, sorry for the confusion or whatever... cchristian