FANDOM

(List of Wikia)
(Zoo Tycoon wiki: new section)
Line 334: Line 334:

Hello! I was wonderin' if you could make [http://heavenmusic.wikia.com LifeMusic Wiki] point to [http://christianmusic.answers.wikia.com LifeMusic Answers] on the answers widget. Thanks and God bless! [[User:Master Fredcerique|Master Fredcerique]] 04:38, April 6, 2010 (UTC)

Hello! I was wonderin' if you could make [http://heavenmusic.wikia.com LifeMusic Wiki] point to [http://christianmusic.answers.wikia.com LifeMusic Answers] on the answers widget. Thanks and God bless! [[User:Master Fredcerique|Master Fredcerique]] 04:38, April 6, 2010 (UTC)

:Yes, that's done. [[User:Angela|Angela]]<staff /> ([[User talk:Angela|talk]]) 05:30, April 6, 2010 (UTC)

:Yes, that's done. [[User:Angela|Angela]]<staff /> ([[User talk:Angela|talk]]) 05:30, April 6, 2010 (UTC)
  +
  +
== Zoo Tycoon wiki ==
  +
  +
Hi, Angela. Could you please make me administrator on Zoo Tycoon Wiki? It seems that the admins have gone from Zoo Tycoon Wiki. I'm experienced at the admin tools, since i've test 'em out on test wikis. There's load of vandalism on that wiki. <font face="Courier">[[User:Tharnton345|<font color="red">'''Tur'''</font>]][[User talk:Tharnton345|<font color="yellow">'''bo'''</font>]][[Special:Contributions/Tharnton345|<font color="green">'''Golf'''</font>]]</font> 09:48, April 6, 2010 (UTC)

Revision as of 09:48, April 6, 2010

Archives:

Welcome to my talk page! If you need a personal response from me, you are welcome to email me. Otherwise, you can contact Wikia staff using the contact form or contact the community on the forums. Messages left here may be answered by me, or by others.

Please add new messages to the end of the page.

Please check out these pages if you're wondering about logos or adminship:

Logo help (how to change the image in the top-left corner of your wiki)
Adoption requests (how to become an admin on an existing wiki)

Monaco-sidebar

Hi Angela! How are you? I ask: How put text color to the main menu of Monaco-sidebar. Because with <span> logically I can't. Happy editing!. Andres bonilla 196 17:36, March 4, 2010 (UTC)

You would need to edit MediaWiki:Monaco.css to change that. If you need any help, please check out Help:Customizing Monaco or ask for help using Special:Contact. Angela@fandom (talk) 17:54, March 4, 2010 (UTC)

Hi

Hi! How can I hide some edits in my wiki?? Is changing user names available? Greetings, Matvilho 13:59, March 6, 2010 (UTC)

If you're an admin, you can delete a page to remove edits. You can also undelete just certain revisions if you want to keep part of the page. Changing username is not available, but you can instead just create a new user name and redirect your old user page to that one. Angela@fandom (talk) 20:02, March 7, 2010 (UTC)

Remove me the bot flag

Hi Angela! I need that remove me the bot flag on this wiki (w:c:dialgapoke). Regards. Andres bonilla 196 15:01, March 6, 2010 (UTC)

I've removed that. Angela@fandom (talk) 20:01, March 7, 2010 (UTC)

My Wiki?

Hello, Angela!! I'm Wii maniac from MySims wiki. I issued 4 times for a new wiki but I don't think it worked. All it showed was "Create a Wiki" in bold letters and a picture of a non-filled-out wiki page. Did I do it right?

And I changed it from "HotShotGolf" and "WarioWare" to "Kororinpa" wiki. I found out there is already a Hot Shot Golf and WarioWare wiki.

It looks like you don't have any wikis yet under this username. Please try again at special:createwiki. If it doesn't work, please can you send details to special:contact? Angela@fandom (talk) 17:42, March 8, 2010 (UTC)
I just sent you a message about the problem.----Maniac. Wii Maniac 00:16, March 9, 2010 (UTC)
I got the wiki!!!----Maniac. Wii Maniac 01:32, March 10, 2010 (UTC)

Hello

How often do you guys check Community Central:Adoption requests‎‎?-- 22:11, March 8, 2010 (UTC)

I'm not sure what the usual schedule is, but it could be a bit less this week as staff are attending a meeting in San Francisco. Please be patient and check back next week. There's lot you can do to improve a wiki without admin access while you're waiting, especially adding content and promoting the wiki. Angela@fandom (talk) 22:27, March 8, 2010 (UTC)
Yeah I have been doing that but Pages need deleted and I have an ichy finger for making a custom skin. You guys have meetings!? Whats it take to work at Wikia HQ? Tell everyone I said have a awsome Staff meeting becuse im a little jealous. Have a good day ma'am ^_^-- 22:41, March 8, 2010 (UTC)
What sort of pages need deleted? If there are no other active admins I can take a look for you while you wait out the adoption request queue. As for working at Wikia, you'd need to see this page. --User? 23:46, March 8, 2010 (UTC)

Redirect

Hi Angela, I guess you saw Avatar :) Apparently, the sequel won't be called Avatar 2, as Jake isn't an Avatar anymore, as confirmed by James Cameron... So we're trying to get all the URLs we can in case the name is changed, like http://navi.wikia.com and http://pandora.wikia.com that both have other bigger wikis. If it is possible, can you delete both and redirect them to http://james-camerons-avatar.wikia.com please? Both wikis are inactive, btw. Thanks!

PD: I sent this message to Catherine before, but apparently she's out, and I've wait like 1 week for her answer, so I come to you... --Shadow Na'vi ~ Talk 22:29, March 8, 2010 (UTC)

The best way to make sure you get a reply is to use Special:Contact instead of talk pages. I recommend you send this suggestion there as I'm not sure whether that is usually done for wikis that do have content or were only recently created. Angela@fandom (talk) 23:42, March 8, 2010 (UTC)

Sysop Priviliges on the Battlefield Wikia

There's been some vandalism and there's no really active admins around there.

I'm an experienced editor, and I'd love to help out.

Do you think you could grant me sysop there?

-- User:EightOhEight

There seems to be an an active bureaucrat there, which makes it ineligible for adoption. You can ask Bondpedia about how to get admin rights there. --User? 21:19, March 9, 2010 (UTC)

Demotions

Please demote the following users on UnMarioWiki:

• Bowser The King
  • Family guy freak 2
  • Eggy77
  • HK-42
  • Iggy310
  • Ire flowa222
  • Irkenspongesquirrle
  • Jetix
  • LostGod2000
  • Mcfan2
  • Registeel999
  • Ryu Bateson
  • Shy Guy Rules
  • Superluigi821
  • Vruet
  • Yoshikoopa

68.197.16.37 23:58, March 11, 2010 (UTC)

Please talk to the bureaucrats on that wiki about this. Angela@fandom (talk) 00:34, March 12, 2010 (UTC)
This is a list of users to de-crat on UnMarioWiki 68.197.16.37 00:53, March 13, 2010 (UTC)
If there is consensus on the wiki to do this, please send a link to that page using Special:Contact. Angela@fandom (talk) 00:59, March 13, 2010 (UTC)

help

Hi Angela!

I want to set up幫助維基,Unfortunately, this wiki was redirected to wikia中文

For this, please help me.--用戶 14:36, March 13, 2010 (UTC)

It was redirected because that's where the help pages are for Chinese. Once the help section there is finished, it could be split into 2 separate wikis. Please work on it at zh.wikia.com for now. Angela@fandom (talk) 19:10, March 15, 2010 (UTC)

Wiki applications for merger

中文原版:

您好,我來自Wikia中文,以下的問題需要你的幫助。

請把澳門網絡大典合併到馬交網際百科

這一個wiki長期沒有人編輯與維護。

這個wiki的資料侵犯了版權。

這個要求是由建燁所提出的.

English translation:

Hello, I'm from Wikia中文, the following questions need your help.

Please send 澳門網絡大典 to 馬交網際百科 merger

This is a wiki editing and maintenance of long-term no one.

This wiki information on copyright infringement

This is a request by the 建燁.

--用戶 04:24, March 17, 2010 (UTC)

I've replied to your email about this. Angela@fandom (talk) 18:57, March 17, 2010 (UTC)

Request

Request

I want to be wikia中文 sysop。

• Translation Request。

User Group Permissions

--用戶 13:39, March 17, 2010 (UTC)

That won't be possible due to actions using other account names. Angela@fandom (talk) 18:57, March 17, 2010 (UTC)

Some questions

As I see here, 2 fellow-community people have left this Wiki, Community Team. My question is why? Where are Catherine and Kyle?--Station7 07:32, March 19, 2010 (UTC)

Jtsfan13

If this person or anyone with the same IP tries to get me banned, do not believe them! I userfied his spam on The Vampire Encyclopedia after a public debate (he did not take part), and now he has re-created it with the message that he would attempt to ban me if I deleted it again. Please warn all other team members about him. Remember that I administrate three wikis! I am rebuilding all of them, for the good of the community. I blocked him, of course, but I fear that he could try elsewhere. Please help, I do hate having to block. Thankyou. (He still can't spell Wyvern.) Wyvern Rex. 15:23, March 19, 2010 (UTC)

In my wiki answer the question, please.

In 成語百科 wiki answer the question, please.--Tp61i6m42006 08:54, March 21, 2010 (UTC)

In my wiki's default skin can not be selected MonoBook, I want MonoBook become the default, please help me.

Want to reach uncyclopedia results.

Please help me。

--Tp61i6m42006 12:58, March 22, 2010 (UTC)

This is not possible. Solution for Uncyclopedia has historical reasons. --Avatar@fandom 13:59, March 22, 2010 (UTC)

List of Wikia

I know the language barrier is tough, but I have to ask you to use English inside Central Wikia and/or let staff do their work. Thanks! --Avatar@fandom 14:02, March 22, 2010 (UTC)
  • User: Sannse has destroyed this page useful, that you eat, how we do now? Wikisoft* @@@-frfr:en:de: 08:39, April 6, 2010 (UTC)
Use the cross-wiki search - that list was very out-of-date anyway. The 888th Avatar (talk) 09:48, April 6, 2010 (UTC)

Google ranking / Adminship

How come I can't find my wiki on google? and also how can I give someone administratorship?

Drago99 00:32, March 22, 2010 (UTC)

You may want to take a look at this page, for tips on increasing your hits in google. To make someone an admin, just visit Special:UserRights on the wiki. You can get there easily by clicking "User rights management" on the top of the contributions page of the person you want to promote. --User? 00:36, March 22, 2010 (UTC)

Who's Online feature?

Does Wikia have a "Who's Online?" feature that I could use for my wiki--Fantendo? Thanks in advance, Henrydamoose (talkcontribs)

Unfortunately, Wikia currently does not have such a feature. The 888th Avatar (talk) 08:02, March 22, 2010 (UTC)

Hi, Angela!

I am 855c. Diligent editor. Can you do staff?

855c 18:03, March 25, 2010 (UTC)855c

Staff positions are advertised at hiring. It's unlikely a blocked user would be hired though. Angela@fandom (talk) 23:25, March 25, 2010 (UTC)

Central Wikia in arabic

Hello, HOW can I create an Arabic Central Wikia like this. because there are many central wikias in other languages like french, italian... and i didnt know how. --and it will be a great way to organize wikis in my language also it help in translating...

I have sent a message to SARAH MANLEY and she told me that you are the best person to contact about internationalization on Wikia. SO what do you think I should do? --Achraf94 18:52, March 25, 2010 (UTC)

This now exists at ar.wikia.com. I recommend you look at the German and other versions to get some ideas of what to add here. Angela@fandom (talk) 23:25, March 25, 2010 (UTC)
Thank you for all your trouble! --Achraf94 07:57, March 26, 2010 (UTC)

Signature help

I have read the page on how to change your signature but I tried and I don't really get it. Can you direct me to someone who can tell me how or can you just tell me how yourself? Cpl. Dunn 22:07, March 25, 2010 (UTC)

Did you go to special:preferences? Whatever you add in the signature field there will be your signature when you type ~~~ or ~~~~. If you need any more help, the best place to get a quick answer is special:contact. You can also talk to other users about this on the forums. Angela@fandom (talk) 23:25, March 25, 2010 (UTC)

May I ask, Angela, the exact terms of Wikia's policies involving this issue?

One day, I wrote a poem on Wikipedia; I was bored, a bit tired of all the editing. However, I actually found out that it was pretty good, and maybe even worthy of submission to a poetry contest my English teacher was talking about. But, I don't know. If I already saved it to Wikipedia, even if it's on my user page, will it be a violation if I submit it as my own work to an official contest or something? Please...I just want to make sure...I mean, the contest isn't all that important, but... And, also, please, if you write something on a Wikia talk page that's your original work, can you submit it as your own? Thank you so much if you can respond! Pumasari 00:38, March 27, 2010 (UTC)

If you submit something to Wikipedia or Wikia, you are still the author of it. Under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike license, you still hold the copyright, but you allow others to use it. Wikipedia does not claim any sort of exclusive license over your work so you are free to license it to other people under different terms. Angela@fandom (talk) 00:33, March 28, 2010 (UTC)

Crazy12345 wiki

Hi, Angela....again! You've heard of MySims wiki, right?

Well, for a long time (possibly since the near-end of 2009), this guy named Ray has been doing very dirty and horrible things to the wiki non-stop (Even with bans, he kept coming back). Just recently, he created a wiki all about him. Like he is "famous" or something. It really pisses me off!!!! I don't really want to debate about it. I just hate him so much (as well as everyone at MySims Wiki). Can you suggest something?

By the way, I haven't told anyone on MySims Wiki, nor have I told Ray, I was letting you in on this.......

If he's doing something on a separate wiki, it may be best to just ignore him and not visit that wiki. If he's doing something wrong on the MySims wiki, it's likely that the admins on that wiki would be able to deal with that. If not, you can contact staff for advice. Angela@fandom (talk) 00:33, March 28, 2010 (UTC)

Hi, Angela!

Hello! Can you give me the rights RuneWiki because I have a sufficient number of edits. User: Aku Ankka has removed me User Page and blocked me on your user forever. Can you thus remove the ban and give me an administrator or bureaucrat rights RuneWiki.

855c 16:49, March 31, 2010 (UTC)855c

You're a real winner, aren't you? 1337DTdropR 18:07, April 1, 2010 (UTC)
No - this is up to local bureaucrats on that wiki. Angela@fandom (talk) 03:53, April 1, 2010 (UTC)

SmashWiki

We are doing April Fools jokes over on SmashWiki right now. If anyone complains, they will all be reverted by 12:00 A.M. April 2 Central Time. Just wanted to let you know. Clarinet Hawk (talk · contributions) 04:49, April 1, 2010 (UTC)

hey

hey, im just curious about wikis in general. with sysop tools, if u delete a pg, on a wiki, say, a trash-talk pg made about another user, can it still appear when u, for example, search google for it? just asking, ms. angela... Mysticmanta889 01:53, April 2, 2010 (UTC)

Once Google updates its index the page will disappear from their listing. Only admins can see deleted pages. Angela@fandom (talk) 05:03, April 2, 2010 (UTC)

wait, ms angela, so this means, like, if u delete an abusive flame pg, no 1 else can even search for it on google, rite? it just goes away from their search results? cuz u wouldnt believe how abusive some users can be, ms...just asking, ms. angela... Mysticmanta889 15:54, April 2, 2010 (UTC)

couldnt take *.JPG as *.jpg. They are different files in a wiki.

Yes, files and articles are case sensitive on wikis, so Answers is a different page to ANSWERS and something.JPG is a different image to one ending with .jpg. Angela@fandom (talk) 05:03, April 2, 2010 (UTC)
If something is deleted, or even just removed from the page by any user, it will eventually stop showing up in Google. Angela@fandom (talk) 21:37, April 2, 2010 (UTC)

Contribution Help

• Hey, hey. You might not remember me but I am Destiny! over at Heroes Wiki. I think it was you who promoted me to becoming an admin. I have been trying hard to make the wiki a better place to edit than before and things are slowly getting a bit better. On the other hand, I know that there is another Heroes Wiki (an issue that has been brought up at the wiki) that is popular. Has this got something to do with the little number of edits our wiki gets each day? Do you have any advice for me on how to get more users to be more active and to edit the wiki and contribute? Or anything else that is helpful? Thanks! {{SUBST:User:Destiny!/autosig}} 09:25, April 3, 2010 (UTC)
Promotion has some advice on promoting your wiki. Another way you can make it more popular is to make sure it appears high in Google's search results pages. You can find advice on doing that at Advice:Raising your wiki's Google ranking. I see that w:c:heroes.answers was recently made and hasn't been edited yet. This can be a good way of adding extra content about a topic and can accompany the existing Heroes Wikia without competing with it as the questions on there can be shown in the answers widget on the main Heroes Wikia. Angela@fandom (talk) 22:14, April 3, 2010 (UTC)

Close wiki

Please close my wiki

1. 泡麵百科
  2. Idiom Wiki
  3. 東南亞地區志工服務據點
  4. 圍記測試站 Wiki
  5. linux wiki

--123.192.163.230 12:35, April 5, 2010 (UTC)

Each of those was made by a different username. If all of them are you, please contact Wikia with the details. Angela@fandom (talk) 21:23, April 5, 2010 (UTC)

Now my account is blocked,Can not use the contact.210.71.63.250 03:52, April 6, 2010 (UTC)

You're not blocked from the contact form. It also has an email address on it. Angela@fandom (talk) 05:21, April 6, 2010 (UTC)

LifeMusic Answers

Hello! I was wonderin' if you could make LifeMusic Wiki point to LifeMusic Answers on the answers widget. Thanks and God bless! Master Fredcerique 04:38, April 6, 2010 (UTC)

Yes, that's done. Angela@fandom (talk) 05:30, April 6, 2010 (UTC)

Zoo Tycoon wiki

Hi, Angela. Could you please make me administrator on Zoo Tycoon Wiki? It seems that the admins have gone from Zoo Tycoon Wiki. I'm experienced at the admin tools, since i've test 'em out on test wikis. There's load of vandalism on that wiki. TurboGolf 09:48, April 6, 2010 (UTC)

Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.