Community Central
Community Central

I didn’t have a chance to do this last time, so I wanted to make sure I took a moment to do it now. After spending most of a decade working alongside the Wikia/Fandom community, I want to express what a pleasure it’s been.

Your dedication, passion and camaraderie has been a daily inspiration to me, and has always motivated me to do the best job I could. I have learned so much working alongside all of you, and I take the wiki spirit with me as I move on. The tenets “Assume good faith” and “Be bold” have cemented themselves in my personal philosophy.

I’ve met some truly impressive people in this community, and it’s been pretty cool knowing many of you long enough to see you move from one stage of life to another. I feel lucky to have, over the years, counted many of you as friends, teachers, confidants, rhetorical sparring partners, direct reports and respected colleagues.

You’ll probably still see me around now and then, it might be hard to stay away from this place. And who knows, I might even be back one day. Maybe when the wind changes.

I’m not above doing a shameless plug on a Community Central blog — if you’re a fan of The Golden Girls please come edit on the wiki, I am a neglectful admin but maybe now I’ll have more time.

In closing, I want to remind everyone to be true to yourself and avoid getting hung up on your own insecurities. Like Mama Ru says, “what other people think of me is none of my business.”

Thanks for a great time, I’m excited to watch all of you keep on being amazing.