Community Central
Community Central

Exciting news! Today marks the release of the first version of My Wikia for iPad, our official flagship app.

For the past couple of years, I’ve thoroughly enjoyed learning how users first discovered Wikia and ultimately, how they became loyal Wikians like you. A prolific contributor and fellow Product Manager, Trevor (Ohmyn0), became a Wikia-addict as he was watching LOST during college and this led to prominent roles on Scrubs Wiki and Arrested Development Wiki. I often wonder what would have happened if he had never stumbled upon Wikia after watching that one LOST episode. What a shame it would have been for him to never click the edit button?

We should never have to ask that.

What Wikians do on a daily basis is truly amazing and the rest of the world should take notice. Aside from taking a big step forward in a more and more mobile world, a primary purpose of My Wikia is to maximize the probability that a wiki will be found; on new and innovative platforms—starting with the iPad, which accounts for 20% of mobile web traffic —and in a streamlined format that focuses purely on content and encourages serendipitous exploration within a wiki and across Wikia.

Though we strongly encourage you to download the app (if you have an iPad 2+ with iOS 5+) and play with it yourself, we want to highlight some features. With My Wikia, you can:

• Search for wikis devoted to creating rich, multimedia content on your favorite topics—ranging from video games, TV shows, and movies to sports, food, and fashion—and add them to your home screen to create your personal view of Wikia. Not only do we want to help you find other wikis you may be interested in, we want to make sure all the Trevors of the world find their LOST.
  • Stay up-to-date by searching for and browsing articles by Trending, Popular, or Recent with an effortlessly swipeable interface.
  • Read constantly evolving, deep content in an elegant, easy-to-read, and customizable format.
  • Bookmark and share interesting articles with friends.

This is only the beginning.

We know this version may not include all your favorite Wikia features. We recognize there are wikis that have been structured as databases with table-heavy pages, which may not be fully compatible with the app's current article page structure. Like the wikis you love, My Wikia is a living, breathing being that will constantly evolve through periodic app updates. Please join our efforts by downloading the application, following wiki editing best practices, and telling us all about what you love about it. We are also hosting a webinar this Friday focused on making your wiki mobile friendly, so join us then. We want to hear what improvements can be made, and what you would love to see in the app, so please let us know! It's the Wikia way :-).

Want to stay up to date on the latest feature releases and news from Fandom?
Click here to follow the Fandom staff blog.

Click here to sign up for the From the Desk of Community email newsletter.

Want to get real-time access to fellow editors and staff?
Join our Official Discord server for registered editors!