Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Tuesday and Thursday - today's notes are for tomorrow's site update. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
Major Bug Fixes
- On Curated Main Pages, it was sometimes not possible to add a sixth category to a section. This fix is already live.
- Portable infobox images will be prioritized when articles are shared on social media.
- Text labels in Facebook widgets/plugins will now be localized according to a user's language preference (or the wikia's content language, for those not logged in).
- Users logging on international Community Centrals will no longer be sent to blank pages.
Other Notable Changes
Detailed CSS updates can be found at http://report.wikia.net - the diffs show changes to .css, .scss, .tmpl.php, .html, .sass and .mustache files in Wikia's codebase.
- We recently introduced native support for Weibo widgets (popular with Chinese users). This is already available - see the Chinese-language help page for details!
- We will be introducing a new Special:Contact form dedicated to security issue reports.
Select Known Issues
- Some users' email addresses are repeatedly becoming unconfirmed. In most cases these are email addresses hosted by Yahoo. We are exploring both the root cause and a quick solution to stop the unconfirmations.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|
|October 18th 2017 • October 16th 2017 • October 9th 2017 • October 4th 2017 • October 2nd 2017 • Archive|