Community Central
Community Central

Hello everybody! It's been.. well, quite frankly, a SUPER long time since I wrote a blog. The last time I was on Community Central semi-actively was when I was in a particularly rough patch (early 2019). ^-^ There's been a lot of huge changes in my life; clearly huge changes here on FANDOM too! I'll give a brief introduction to who I am if you don't know me, and some updates regarding my life for those who do happen to know me. Then I'll dive into today's blog post. :)

Who I Am[]

Hi! My name is Sinesta, though several of you all know me as PyroNacht. Some of you older folks might even remember me as Nachtide. I am a young adult who was raised in the Last Frontier (aka Alaska), but moved to the Midwest in September 2019! I'm living life right now as a part-time content creator (streaming mostly) and working to get into school in some form of computer science. :) I was an administrator on Community Central for about a year or so, but I ended up leaving due to several personal factors going on. However, I've been a member of FANDOM since May 2012.
Outside of content creation, I am a huge nerd. I play stuff Dungeons & Dragons and World of Warcraft, but I also enjoy strategy games (especially Stellaris!). Journaling is one of my favorite things to do, especially as I am a strong advocate for mental disabilities. I myself have my fair share, and as mental health tends to have a negative stigma, I do my best to bring awareness to the topic.

Updates In My Life[]

Well.

• I moved across the country. So that was pretty neat. I'm still having a hard time adjusting to the heat. :c
  • I adopted a hamster. His name is Milo, and he's a genuine sweetheart (when he's not being a pain in the rear...). I'm hoping to adopt a cat or ferrets when I move into my own place.
  • I took steps to recover from a very.. abusive relationship. Pro-Tip: establishing firm boundaries with the people around you is important.

Anyway, I think that's all the important stuff. So, onto the blog!

Revisiting Growth[]

Okay, I know I've addressed the topic of growth through many, many of my older blogs. I wouldn't be surprised if I looked through every blog of mine and saw at least the word "growth" once in them. However, I really want to take a moment to explain this topic again. Mostly because as several things have changed over the past many months, I do have some fresh perspective.

What IS Growth?[]

Growth is a very subjective term, because you cannot necessarily link it to any.. one situation. At least, in a concrete fashion. This also means that growth can mean really anything, depending on which person is looking through the lens. Personally, for me, growth is being able to progress as a person through experience. Being able to carry a lesson from an experience in your life, even though the situation may have sucked, is extremely important, and is classified as a way to grow.

Why Do We Need Growth?[]

Often times, I'll run into people my age (21) who will act completely out of line for their age. Or even age range. They will behave with entitlement, and act with intense aggression. Nothing will ever be their fault, and they refuse to look at the world (or even themselves) in a perspective that would definitely be not only beneficial to them, but to the people around them.
For this reason, I urge that these people have not had much growth in their lives.
If you do not grow as a person - if you do not take the experiences you've had, and actively wield them, regardless of outcome - you will not be serving yourself (or others) in a capacity that would be appropriate. You would never be learning from your misdeeds; instead, you would be forcing the difficulties of those constant errors (and straight-up flaw in judgment) onto others who have to suffer for your lack of willingness to learn.
Not many people are going to want to be around you if you're the person constantly making excuses to not grow.

How Can I Grow?[]

Okay, so you might ask me Sinesta, how can I grow then? It doesn't seem like there's any opportunities right now..
Yes, that may be correct. There might not be any active situations ongoing in your life that might require you to evaluate how you're responding to them. Truth is, you don't really need to be dealing with something right now in order to grow.
That's right. You can be addressing your feelings from a matter that has already died down (though, it would be wise to not bring it back up again to others). For example, maybe there was a case you handled that didn't exactly sit right with you, and your mind keeps taking you back. Take a while to consider why you're uneasy, and perhaps take what happened as an instrument of how not to handle something like that next time.

What If Other People Are Saying XYZ?[]

I will admit it; I absolutely hate it when people give me unasked-for advice. I am somebody who does not take kindly to random people telling me what I did wrong/etc. But I also have to take a moment to relax and understand that sometimes, I need to close my yapper - or in the case of the internet, stop typing - and actively comprehend what somebody is telling me.
There have been some occasions where I didn't realize I was absolutely in the wrong until I took the time to listen to the other party's side. Perhaps I came off a certain way, and though my intent was not there, it did bother a couple people.
However, if somebody's being a bully about your errors, then by all means, block them off and silence that tune!
Just make sure you don't confuse being a bully and being honest - because there is a HUGE difference!

Conclusion[]

I suppose that's all I really have for you today, folks. I do have a small list of blogs I intend to write at a later point in time. I actually was up super late one night, so got a bunch of ideas.. ^^;; If you need anything from me, feel free to use my Message Wall. My links are in my masthead, but I ask that you don't try to add me on Discord. I reject friend requests of people I don't know automatically. ^^
Upcoming blogs will include "Bad Advice I Used To Give Wikians" and "Lessons I've Learned". :)