Here are the latest technical updates on FANDOM. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Tuesday and Thursday - today's notes are for tomorrow's site update. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
Major Bug Fixes
- Printing pages from Firefox will now include all expected content, rather than a single page of article content.
- We will fix an issue that caused problems for some Semantic MediaWiki functionality (such as Semantic Drilldown).
- We recently fixed an issue where "alt=" was being displayed on image placeholders.
- We recently fixed an error that could cause some image description pages to display a blank page.
- We recently fixed an issue that resulted in odd behaviour on some types of Message Wall links (where they pointed to the main page of a wiki, or a blank page).
Other Notable Changes
- We will be disabling welcome tool posts for anonymous editors, since they were not effective at notifying the relevant people. Welcome posts for logged in users remain unaffected.
- We recently improved the stability of Semantic MediaWiki on FANDOM which will improve performance when the site is in read-only mode.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|
|October 18th 2017 • October 16th 2017 • October 9th 2017 • October 4th 2017 • October 2nd 2017 • Archive|