Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we’re posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
- The updated file page design is released on all English wikis.
Major Bugs Fixed
- Users were not able to login using Facebook on WoWWiki — this fix is already live.
- The weekly digest ("Weekly Update from Wikia") email had lost all linebreaks between links — this fix is already live.
- Switching forum thread highlighting on and off was broken — this fix is already live.
- Forum threads could not be renamed.
- The Preview and Reply buttons stayed disabled after quoting a message on Forum and Message Wall, in some cases.
- Editing the final section of a page incorrectly showed categories as being removed in the 'Show changes' dialog.
Categories inherited from templates visually disappeared when adding a new category while viewing a page.Removed due to problems with the fix - we will re-fix it in a future release.
- The Community Central cross-wiki search result, originally announced here, is back.
- The ability to remove videos from Special:Videos has been restored.
- On the WAM listings, some scored wikis were not being shown.
Other Notable Changes
- Search is updated with improved phrase-matching logic. This affects wiki search, video search and cross-wiki search and will yield better results especially with regard to article titles.
/mecommand can now be used in Chat to create an 'action' message (such as "Kirkburn jumps for joy", using "/me jumps for joy")
Select Known Issues
- Incorrect thread counts are showing for some boards on Special:Forum.
- We are continuing to work on welcome tool issues, such as welcomes not being hidden from activity lists on wikis with Message Wall enabled.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|
|October 18th 2017 • October 16th 2017 • October 9th 2017 • October 4th 2017 • October 2nd 2017 • Archive|