Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Tuesday and Thursday - today's notes are for tomorrow's site update. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
Thursday's planned release will include the fixes originally scheduled for Tuesday.
Major Bug Fixes
- When trying to publish Lua Module pages, errors will now correctly be reported to the user.
- The 'Disable category module' user preference will be restored to working order.
- Insights pagination will show the correct number of pages.
Other Notable Changes
Detailed CSS updates can be found at http://report.wikia.net - the diffs show changes to .css, .scss, .tmpl.php, .html, .sass and .mustache files in Wikia's codebase.
- Insights lists will be added for the ongoing Flags beta.
- Help:PortableInfoboxes will receive some tweaks to simplify and improve the code.
Select Known Issues
- Please see Thread:890734 for updates on recent security concerns on Wikia. Editing of the MediaWiki namespace is disabled at the moment, except for the following pages: Wikia.css, Common.css, Monobook.css and Wiki-navigation. We are actively working on loosening those restrictions, and your security is our priority.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|
|October 18th 2017 • October 16th 2017 • October 9th 2017 • October 4th 2017 • October 2nd 2017 • Archive|