Major Bugs Fixed
- Image maps have been fixed after returning red error messages over the last week.
- A number of logs (deletion logs, user rights logs, upload logs) wound up missing a few entries last week. We have resolved the issue so logs are complete moving forward.
- Community-corner messages will once again accept wikitext after we fixed a bug from last week's release that included unrendered wikitext in the message bubble.
- Images added via the "Add Photo" box on the right rail were not including the selected licensing template on the File page.
- The left arrow on Special:ThemeDesigner wasn't working.
Other Notable Changes
- On wikis with the new navigation, we're making some changes to the top part of our pages and the right rail. We've made the article talk/comment bubble into a button, and are changing its alignment. We're moving the wiki's page count from the sidebar to the header. The "Add a page" button will now only be accessible through the "Contribute" button in the navigation. And lastly, we're adding a few horizontal lines to help distinguish between parts of the page. (Reminder: Wikis with the old style of navigation will not experience these changes. Navigation style can be adjusted in Wikia Labs.)
Select Known Issues
- Quick Stats in the Admin Dashboard has been working inconsistently.
- Accesskeys (shortcuts like [r] for recent changes or [h] for pulling up page history) aren't working properly.
- The new feature on the editor that lets users restore lost edits is supposed to remove the notice and ability to restore the edit within six hours of when the emergency copy was created. However, it seems that the notice is not disappearing after six hours. If you notice this issue, please let us know via Special:Contact as we would like more specific examples to confirm.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|
|October 18th 2017 • October 16th 2017 • October 9th 2017 • October 4th 2017 • October 2nd 2017 • Archive|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.