Here are the latest technical updates on Fandom. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Tuesday and Thursday - today's notes are for tomorrow's site update. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
Major Bug Fixes
- Missing Admin Dashboard 'Quick Stats' for November 18 have been restored.
Other Notable Changes
- The start a wiki process will receive a refreshed and simplified design.
- The VisualEditor will receive a few updates:
- The minimum editor height will be significantly increased, so it doesn't feel like you're looking through a tank's window when editing a short page!
- The license info text will be moved from the publish dialog to under the editing area.
- When creating a new page, the edit summary dialog will automatically submit - this is to test whether this results in fewer people abandoning page creations. (Edits to existing pages will behave normally.)
Select Known Issues
- We are working on a fix for an issue that can cause thread titles to disappear. Update: a fix for this issue is now live.
- We are aware that Recent Wiki Activity is showing plain wikitext in forum/wall post previews - this was due to a recent performance-related fix, but we are looking at ways of improving this behaviour.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|
|October 18th 2017 • October 16th 2017 • October 9th 2017 • October 4th 2017 • October 2nd 2017 • Archive|