Community Central
Community Central
2011NewYearSwirlDesignVectorGraphic thumb

This year, we’re doing something a little different to celebrate the end of the year and all of the great communities on Wikia. Our goal is to create a yearbook of sorts -- something that provides a snapshot of 2011. Over the next few weeks, we'll be gathering stories and highlights from wikis and users to help us piece together this narrative.

Moving forward, this will be an annual project, and we’re really excited to share it with the Wikia community, and the rest of the world as well. Think of this as a time capsule that captures the big moments in 2011 as seen through Wikian eyes.

We likely won’t be able to include each and every big moment and suggestions you send us, but we do want to hear from all of you! Here's what we're interested in learning:

• What were some big highlights that happened on your wiki this year?
    • For example, if your wiki is about a specific game, what were the most loved characters or weapons? Where did your community think the game designers got it right and where were they way off base?
  • For wikis focusing on movies or TV shows, we want to hear about the major moments discussed within your community.
    • For example, what were the most hotly debated episodes or the most loved performances? Which actors do you want to see again and again? Was there a topic that received more attention than any other?
  • Did your community do anything unique (The Glee Wiki Awards comes to mind!) that you want the world to know about? We want to hear about that, too!

Please leave a comment below sharing some of your big moments (and feel free to include highlights that weren't listed in the questions above). You could also email me (community@wikia-inc.com - subject line: "End of Year at Wikia") or leave me a message on my talk page.

Want to stay up to date on the latest feature releases and news from Fandom?
Click here to follow the Fandom staff blog.

Click here to sign up for the From the Desk of Community email newsletter.

Want to get real-time access to fellow editors and staff?
Join our Official Discord server for registered editors!