Community Central
Community Central

Bluebunny507 Bluebunny507 19 June 2018

Apologies for the disruption I've caused

This was a bit of an overdue, since I started paying more attention to other wikis I forgot about this one.

Anyways, to cut to the chase, a couple months ago I was blocked here for harassment and vandalism. Now I realize that I should not have done those two things no matter how angered I was at another user. That was a silly decision of me to make and I promise I will not do anything like that again in the future.

Apologies to those who have been offended. From now on I will revert back to the clean and helpful contributor here at CC and not do any trouble.

Read Full Post
Bluebunny507 Bluebunny507 6 December 2017

How to negotiate with an admin about a block

Generally, if you violate a wiki's policy, you will be issued a block, which prevents you from editing to the community until the length has elapsed. This may seem unfair and I'd understand why you'd be unhappy about being unable to contribute to a favored wiki of yours. However, if you want to be unblocked on a certain wiki, I will give you the following advice on how to negotiate with the blocking admin.

• 1 Understand why you were blocked in the first place
  • 2 How to get unblocked
    • 2.1 Negotiating with the admin
  • 3 What if my negotiation with the admin fails?

There could be many reasons why. Common block reasons include vandalism, spam, inserting false information, inserting nonsense/gibberish into pages, abusing multiple accounts, or harassment/inti…

Read Full Post
Bluebunny507 Bluebunny507 27 November 2017

Why sockpuppetry is unacceptable

In a couple of my previous blogs, I wrote about the negative effects about harassment and vandalism, and in this one I will be tackling yet another prominent issue. Specifically, sockpuppetry.

Sockpuppetry, also simply known as socking, is the act of using multiple accounts for malicious and/or deceiving purposes, often to evade blocks and troll. It also includes the act of disguising as another person as a means to hide real identity, often through the help of VPNs and usage of relatives, friends, or affiliates' devices.

Often because their account on a certain wiki is blocked or banned from chat and they are impatient to wait it out, so they decide to circumvent the block/ban through usage of another account.

Because it is very disruptive to…

Read Full Post
Bluebunny507 Bluebunny507 18 November 2017

Why Vandalism is a Huge Problem

Hello wikians, this is RedBomb1 here with another blog on a wiki issue. In my first blog I discussed the negative nature of harassment and why one should never resort to it, and in this blog I will be discussing a similar issue that has been ongoing ever since knowledge databases like FANDOM and Wikipedia launched. Specifically, vandalism.

• 1 What is vandalism?
  • 2 Why do people vandalize?
  • 3 Why is vandalism a problem here?
  • 4 Should one ever vandalize?
  • 5 How to deal with a vandal
  • 6 See also

Vandalism is, to put it simply, blatantly bad-faith edits to pages. It may include the addition of juvenile, deceiving, repulsive, offensive, derogatory, off-topic, or overall inappropriate content, often replacing the accurate information and overriding users' producti…

Read Full Post
Bluebunny507 Bluebunny507 12 November 2017

Advice on How to Get Certain User Rights

Have you ever wanted to apply for/receive a certain user right on a certain wiki, but either didn't succeed or never knew whether or not you were qualified, and you want to increase your chances? Worry no more; in this blog I will be addressing all the advice on how to be promoted to the following positions: administrator, bueraucrat, chat moderator, discussion moderator, and rollback.

• 1 Advice by rights
    • 1.1 Rollback
    • 1.2 Discussion moderator
    • 1.3 Chat moderator
    • 1.4 Administrator
    • 1.5 Bueraucrat
  • 2 Tips

A rollback is a user who has the ability to revert the latest edit(s) on a page in one click: by simply pressing the button in the revision that reads "[rollback]". This is a quicker and more convenient means to revert vandalism or other counterproductive cont…

Read Full Post