FANDOM

• Bluebunny507

This was a bit of an overdue, since I started paying more attention to other wikis I forgot about this one.

Anyways, to cut to the chase, a couple months ago I was blocked here for harassment and vandalism. Now I realize that I should not have done those two things no matter how angered I was at another user. That was a silly decision of me to make and I promise I will not do anything like that again in the future.

Apologies to those who have been offended. From now on I will revert back to the clean and helpful contributor here at CC and not do any trouble.

Read more >
  • Bluebunny507

Generally, if you violate a wiki's policy, you will be issued a block, which prevents you from editing to the community until the length has elapsed. This may seem unfair and I'd understand why you'd be unhappy about being unable to contribute to a favored wiki of yours. However, if you want to be unblocked on a certain wiki, I will give you the following advice on how to negotiate with the blocking admin.

There could be many reasons why. Common block reasons include vandalism, spam, inserting false information, inserting nonsense/gibberish into pages, abusing multiple accounts, or harassment/intimidating behavior. If your behavior on the wiki does not meet any of that criteria, it is likely that you violated another policy that the wiki ha…

Read more >
  • Bluebunny507

In a couple of my previous blogs, I wrote about the negative effects about harassment and vandalism, and in this one I will be tackling yet another prominent issue. Specifically, sockpuppetry.

Sockpuppetry, also simply known as socking, is the act of using multiple accounts for malicious and/or deceiving purposes, often to evade blocks and troll. It also includes the act of disguising as another person as a means to hide real identity, often through the help of VPNs and usage of relatives, friends, or affiliates' devices.

Often because their account on a certain wiki is blocked or banned from chat and they are impatient to wait it out, so they decide to circumvent the block/ban through usage of another account.

Because it is very disruptive to…

Read more >
  • Bluebunny507

Hello wikians, this is RedBomb1 here with another blog on a wiki issue. In my first blog I discussed the negative nature of harassment and why one should never resort to it, and in this blog I will be discussing a similar issue that has been ongoing ever since knowledge databases like FANDOM and Wikipedia launched. Specifically, vandalism.

Vandalism is, to put it simply, blatantly bad-faith edits to pages. It may include the addition of juvenile, deceiving, repulsive, offensive, derogatory, off-topic, or overall inappropriate content, often replacing the accurate information and overriding users' productive contributions.

Good question. I too have always wondered why people would find it interesting to perform such juvenile acts. There could b…

Read more >
  • Bluebunny507

Have you ever wanted to apply for/receive a certain user right on a certain wiki, but either didn't succeed or never knew whether or not you were qualified, and you want to increase your chances? Worry no more; in this blog I will be addressing all the advice on how to be promoted to the following positions: administrator, bueraucrat, chat moderator, discussion moderator, and rollback.

A rollback is a user who has the ability to revert the latest edit(s) on a page in one click: by simply pressing the button in the revision that reads "[rollback]". This is a quicker and more convenient means to revert vandalism or other counterproductive contributions and helps prevent them from disrupting the recent activity feed.

In order to become a rollback…

Read more >
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.