Community Central
Community Central

Acer4666 Acer4666 6 September 2011

Spotlight Criteria

Thinking of getting your wiki a spotlight? Remember to always make sure you follow the best practices before leaving a request for the staff. To make sure you adhere to them, you can follow these simple steps:

1. Are you an admin? If so, move onto the next step. If not, seek permission to get a spotlight from an active admin on the site.
  2. Find out how many pages your wiki has. This can be found in the left sidebar on any content page, or at the top of your mainpage. Is it more than 200? If so, move onto the next step. If not, try to build up your number of content pages!
  3. Divide the number of pages your wiki has (found from step 1) by 5. This will tell you how many stub pages you are allowed. ie, if your wiki has 300 pages, then you are allowed 60…
Read Full Post
Acer4666 Acer4666 30 July 2011

Theme designer, not css

I don't want to create a polemic for the sake of stirring up trouble, but I'm a little confused over a few things, and I thought I'd share my thoughts about them.

Recently, Meighan posted in a forum that the reason wikia is making technical updates that break css coding wikia-wide without detailed information on it being given, is that wikia does not support css and we should "use the tools in place". OK - so to customise our wikis' skins, we should only be using Theme Designer, and no css. So far so good.

So let's see what can be done with the theme designer. There's some pre-designed themes available, but we don't wanna use those, I mean in wikia's best practices for their spotlights they demand a customised skin. So what can we do in terms…

Read Full Post