Community Central
Community Central

User talk:Randomtime/talktop

Blocking

Hello. I have heard that a friend of mine, User:64.252.124.32 has been autoblocked for spamming on SmashWiki. While I concede that his actions do constitute for spam, I request that he is unblocked because he is aware of the mistakes he made. In the future would you mind warning him before blocking? He has made some useful contributions but I believe he was carried away with the move and took it too far. Mr. Anon 23:22, April 24, 2011 (UTC)

No. Out of interest, which of these contributions do you count as "useful"? RandomTime 23:24, April 24, 2011 (UTC)
His normal account was [http://www.super-smash-bros.wikia.com/User:Doc_King Doc King} and he made some useful edits. Mr. Anon 23:32, April 24, 2011 (UTC)
That block wasn't performed by me, but by a local admin - Toomai. RandomTime 23:34, April 24, 2011 (UTC)
That's not the block I was talking about. I was talking about your block to his IP. I'm fine with blocking his IP at SmashWiki, but around all of wikia? I believe he is even an admin at one. Would mind reducing his block to only SmashWikia please? I would also request that you lift the spam filter for the NIWA smashwiki, as some wish to link to it on their userpage. Mr. Anon 23:41, April 24, 2011 (UTC)

AWB

Hi RT , can we use AWB to send messages to many users ?Roranoa-zoro Talk|08:14,4/30/2011

No answer ? !Roranoa-zoro Talk|12:49,5/1/2011

Thanks

Hey. Thanks for clearing up that Mass Effect vandalism on the Uncharted wiki. That guy that's spamming everywhere just doesn't seem to be giving up. He's even gone off Wikia now and has started spamming external forums, although I know you can't do anything to fix that. Thanks again for sorting it out. I'll let you know if I see him/her using any other accounts. --Klock101 16:57, May 1, 2011 (UTC)

No worries, he did state in his intital vandalism that he was going to do that, hopefully the forum mods at wherever he's posting will have the sense to delete his posts without causing too much of a hassle. RandomTime 19:01, May 1, 2011 (UTC)

AWB Question of my own

Hey, I myself have an AWB question. I have been trying to figure this one out for a while. Is it possible to exclude images from a find and replace somehow? I have been trying to correct character names on Bleach wiki but often times people don't use the japanese accents when uploading files so when I am trying to replace Kugo with Kūgo, it also changes any image names with Kugo in them, messing up the image. Is there any way to exclude those?--GodPray  17:20,5/1/2011 

There's a tickbox box on AWB's find and replace for you to ignore external/internal links, images, math and no wiki tags and comments - not one for only images though. For anything more complex, you'd probably need to break out regular expressions. RandomTime 18:54, May 1, 2011 (UTC)

Talk Page Edit

Hey Randomtime, I know you deleted an edit to my talk page on the ME wiki a few days ago, but something keeps bugging me. While it was probably something I would have reverted, is there any way I can see what it said or what the edit was? I'm not saying to restore the edit, but rather I just want to see what it stated. I just looked at the VSTF wiki and one of the comments there peaked by curiosity and like I said, it keeps bugging me. Lancer1289 16:28, May 5, 2011 (UTC)

Replied via email RandomTime 17:06, May 5, 2011 (UTC)

Spams

Hey can you block this anon : This because he is spamming comments with external links?  Finchelfanno1  (talk)  10:47,5/26/2011 

Tommy6 dealt with it before I got there RandomTime 12:58, May 26, 2011 (UTC)
Yeah i saw it. Sorry for bothering you :)  Finchelfanno1  (talk)  13:11,5/26/2011 
No worries, he didn't do everything we normally do for spambots, so your message allowed me to check a couple of things RandomTime 13:34, May 26, 2011 (UTC)

meepsheep

Hello, meepsheep vandalised the glee wiki again and when I was deleting his contributions I accidentally clicked on one of the image and my laptop's failing to start-up since then. Can you delete his contribs for me?  Finchelfanno1  (talk)  09:07,5/30/2011 

Oh and I'm using this through my phone.
Looks like Uber's dealt with it whilst I was asleep. RandomTime 10:36, May 30, 2011 (UTC)
Yeah I see it now. Sorry for bothering you, I've have done it myself but I accidentally clicked on the image he posted which was linked to a maliciously site and my laptop was failing to start-up and I had to do a system-repairing.  Finchelfanno1  (talk)  10:44,5/30/2011 
That site as linked shouldn't have done that to your computer. RandomTime 11:05, May 30, 2011 (UTC)
Yeah I know but it did. Just after I went to the site my firefox window started moving wildly and then my laptop went off after that I couldn't start it up properly (It would hang when it shows starting windows).  Finchelfanno1  (talk)  11:16,5/30/2011 
The javascript on that site was designed to move your window about, it shouldn't have any effect on anything else, though, odd. You can turn off some of the behaviour of javascript that should stop this happening in future by going to tools, options, content, pressing the "advanced" button by the box marked "enable javascript" - and unticking the 3 boxes. RandomTime 11:20, May 30, 2011 (UTC)

Template:RnYeah but it still doesn't answer why my laptop didn't start-up after that.  Finchelfanno1  (talk)  11:25,5/30/2011