Community Central
Community Central
No edit summary
Tag: sourceedit
(i'm dissatisfied with this userpage. in fact, i may never be satisfied.)
Tag: sourceedit
Line 33: Line 33:

I've been writing since I was a kid, but it wasn't until recently that I really truly got serious about writing. I'm looking for critics that can review my work and give me some feedback, as I'm always trying to improve. If you think you're a good critic, or if you just wanna read what I have so far, check out my Wattpad page - [https://www.wattpad.com/user/k6ka01 Link]

I've been writing since I was a kid, but it wasn't until recently that I really truly got serious about writing. I'm looking for critics that can review my work and give me some feedback, as I'm always trying to improve. If you think you're a good critic, or if you just wanna read what I have so far, check out my Wattpad page - [https://www.wattpad.com/user/k6ka01 Link]

Need to contact me about the wiki? Just wanted to say hi and clog my inbox? - [[Message_Wall:K6ka|Message Wall]] (or talk page, if you're that type of editor)
+
Need to contact me about the wiki? Just wanted to say hi and clog my inbox? - [[Message_Wall:K6ka|Message Wall]]

I am an [[wikipedia:WP:AUTOPATROLLED|autopatrolled user]], [[wikipedia:WP:RG|pending changes reviewer]], and a [[wikipedia:WP:RBK|rollbacker]] on the [[wikipedia:User:K6ka|English Wikipedia]], meaning that I help in the neverending task of cleaning up vandalism on Wikipedia. ([https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:K6ka Userpage] | [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:K6ka Talk Page] | [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/K6ka Contributions]) I'm also a rollbacker on the [[wikipedia:simple:User:K6ka|Simple English Wikipedia]] and a [[m:Global renamer|global renamer]] on [[m:User:K6ka|Meta]].
+
I am an [[wikipedia:WP:AUTOPATROLLED|autopatrolled user]], a [[wikipedia:WP:RG|pending changes reviewer]], a [[wikipedia:WP:Page mover|page mover]], and a [[wikipedia:WP:RBK|rollbacker]] on the [[wikipedia:User:K6ka|English Wikipedia]], meaning that I help in the neverending task of cleaning up vandalism on Wikipedia. I'm also a rollbacker on the [[wikipedia:simple:User:K6ka|Simple English Wikipedia]] and a [[m:Global renamer|global renamer]] on [[m:User:K6ka|Meta]].

Below is a list of some of the other wikis I've contributed to:

Line 48: Line 48:

==Signature==

==Signature==
—[[User:K6ka|'''<span style="color:#0040FF">k6ka</span>''']] <span title="Canadian!" style="color:red">🍁</span> ([[User talk:K6ka|<span style="color:#0080FF">Talk</span>]] · [[Special:Contributions/K6ka|<span style="color:#0B4C5F">Contributions</span>]]) 23:29, May 18, 2016 (UTC)
+
—[[User:K6ka|'''<span style="color:#0040FF">k6ka</span>''']] <span title="Canadian!" style="color:red">🍁</span> ([[User talk:K6ka|<span style="color:#0080FF">Talk</span>]] · [[Special:Contributions/K6ka|<span style="color:#0B4C5F">Contributions</span>]]) 23:24, May 29, 2016 (UTC)

Revision as of 23:24, 29 May 2016

K6ka

Zombie hunter k6ka at your services.

Hi! I'm k6ka (/ˈkˈsɪksˈkˈ/), and I am an admin of The Last Stand Wiki, The Sims Wiki, and the How-To Wiki. I'm also a reviewer and rollbacker on Wikipedia (I'm not an admin there!). I have many interests and hobbies (few of which my parents approve of!), and wiki-editing is one of them.

So... who are you?

Nobody. Well, that's what they all say. I can't be Nobody because I wouldn't be a "body". And if I didn't have a body I probably couldn't type this. So yes, I'm somebody. Specifically, a teenager that lives in Canada, and with two kinds of friends: the friends he sees at school or meets and hangs out with in person, and the friends over the Internet, the latter being quite rare, and I'm quite wary of who I call a friend over the Internet.

How did you get into this wiki-editing craze?

On Wikia, I am a regular on two wikis - The Last Stand Wiki, and The Sims Wiki, as mentioned above.

I first played The Last Stand several years ago, and it quite intrigued me. Remember that this was a time when browser Flash games was all the rage, and it was immensely satisfying to shoot zombies from the "safety" of a barricade. Of course, the fun only really started when the third installment of the series came out, and it replaced the barricade with just you, and the zombies coming from one side to zombies on all sides. What's more, your character can move around the map, had an entire city to explore, and could talk with other survivors, collect supplies... it was amazing. I stumbled across The Last Stand Wiki while looking for information on the game, and that was where my first edit on Wikia would be made - on November 1, 2011.... oh, the good 'ol days!

The Sims had a much longer history. I'm not afraid to say I first played The Sims well before I reached the ESRB age requirement recommendation. But hey, my brother played The Sims and, seeing how I loved SimCity, it was only natural I'd fall in love with The Sims as well. And I did. I remember playing The Sims 1 Mega Deluxe with the love and joy of a child... the fun in building a life, living a virtual life... and of course, to end it all with a lovely kitchen fire. Several years later, I obtained a copy of The Sims 1 Complete Collection, and while researching more about the game, I came across The Sims Wiki (thank you Google!). It was a little while since I made my first edit at The Last Stand Wiki, so... I saw a few articles that could be improved, so why not? I didn't get extremely involved in the wiki until late 2013, but I guess, seeing how I had lots of experience in wikis already, I became admin pretty quickly.

Oh, and while the first edit I made on Wikia was in 2011... sorry to say, but my first edit on Wikipedia was made in 2010... sorry! Though I failed to get deeply involved in Wikipedia until recently, and I'm amazed at how quickly I grasped everything.

Well, to be clear, the majority of my wiki-editing experience and knowledge came from Wikia. Wikia's Rich Text Editor, while annoying for me in the present, was the reason why I stuck with Wikia earlier. As I got more fluent with the editor, I became impatient with the buttons and the keyboard shortcuts. I knew only basic wiki-formatting code, and I loved how it worked in Rich Text Editor as well, and how much faster it was to just type ''' than it was for me to click the "Bold" button. Over time, I just got better and better at it. Soon I was editing almost entirely in source mode, and I still do to this day. The only time I use Rich Text Editor is for inserting tables, since large tables look overwhelming in source mode. But other than that, it really helped me get back to Wikipedia, as I now knew the complex (yet simple!) wiki-markup language.

What do you do on wikis, then?

A lot of my IRL-friends ask me, "What do you do on Wikipedia? On Wikia?" I do a lot more than just write stuff. Besides, I mainly write on wikis and topics that interest me. On Wikia, I am a regular on two wikis - The Last Stand Wiki, and The Sims Wiki, as mentioned above.

I primarily write and add content on Wikia wikis, especially on those that I have an interest in. On Wikipedia, I am a vandal-fighter and recent changes patroller. I help monitor incoming edits and review them, reverting them if they're deemed harmful to the encyclopedia. Due to the high-frequency of edits that are published on Wikipedia every minute (it's an average of 100 edits per minute, which fluctuates depending on the time of day and the amount of traffic), I use an arsenal of third-party tools to assist me and other editors in their duties, namely Twinkle, Huggle, STiki, and popups. To be honest, sometimes I wish those tools were available on Wikia as well, though I did manage to get popups working on Wikia, and I use it constantly. When recent changes patrolling, you're constantly presented with diffs of new edits, so a recent changes patroller must be fluent with wiki-markup language. Not a problem for me - again, I owe Wikia one because that's how I got fluent with the language.

When not reverting vandalism, copyediting articles, or performing admin duties, I'm either working out, doing something random on a wiki, doing something random on the Internet, or taking care of my own bodily needs. Even if a new wave of fresh vandals come in, I still need a bathroom break. And besides, I'm never alone in the fight against vandals on Wikipedia. There's always at least one other person doing it. I can afford to get a bite to eat instead of dying of starvation in front of my computer. That is not on my to-do list!

Where can I contact you?

You can leave me a message on my message wall.

Any other links you got for us?

On Newgrounds? Pay my rather under-visited userpage a visit - Link

I don't upload too much onto YouTube, but I do watch a strange assortment of videos - Link

I've been writing since I was a kid, but it wasn't until recently that I really truly got serious about writing. I'm looking for critics that can review my work and give me some feedback, as I'm always trying to improve. If you think you're a good critic, or if you just wanna read what I have so far, check out my Wattpad page - Link

Need to contact me about the wiki? Just wanted to say hi and clog my inbox? - Message Wall

I am an autopatrolled user, a pending changes reviewer, a page mover, and a rollbacker on the English Wikipedia, meaning that I help in the neverending task of cleaning up vandalism on Wikipedia. I'm also a rollbacker on the Simple English Wikipedia and a global renamer on Meta.

The Last Stand Wiki (admin and bureaucrat)

The Sims Wiki (admin and bureaucrat)

How-To Wiki (admin and bureaucrat) (adopted)

Play on my test wiki! (founder)

Signature

k6ka 🍁 (Talk · Contributions) 23:24, May 29, 2016 (UTC)