Community Central
Community Central
(Vacation notice)
mNo edit summary
Line 1: Line 1:

{{administrator}}{{administrator|jan}}

{{administrator}}{{administrator|jan}}

{| class="admin" style="margin: auto; background: #FFD700; border: 1px solid #aaa; padding: .2em; margin-bottom: 3px; font-size: 95%; width: 85%;"

{| class="admin" style="margin: auto; background: #FFD700; border: 1px solid #aaa; padding: .2em; margin-bottom: 3px; font-size: 95%; width: 85%;"
|<big><big><big><center>'''I'm outta here.'''</center></big></big></big><center>'''Due to events outside my control, I think it's best that I take a break from my Janitor duties. It is unknown when I'll be able to return in the capacity I was before.'''<br /><small>If it is important, please seek out another [[Wikia Janitors|Janitor]], and they should be able to assist you.</small></center>
+
|<big><big><big><center>'''I'm outta here.'''</center></big></big></big><center>'''Due to events outside my control, I think it's best that I take a break from my Janitor duties. It is unknown when I'll be able to return in the capacity I was before.'''<br /><small>If it is important, [[User:Jack Phoenix|please]] [[User:GHe|seek out]] [[User:Manticore|another]] [[Wikia Janitors|Janitor]], and they should be able to assist you.</small></center>

|}

|}

{| style="border:3px solid #696969; background-color:#ffffff; padding:1px; width:100%;"

{| style="border:3px solid #696969; background-color:#ffffff; padding:1px; width:100%;"

Revision as of 13:40, 15 May 2008

I'm outta here.
Due to events outside my control, I think it's best that I take a break from my Janitor duties. It is unknown when I'll be able to return in the capacity I was before.
If it is important, please seek out another Janitor, and they should be able to assist you.
Greyman
By what you decide to do every day, you will be a good man…or not.
I'm Greyman, and I'm a administrator of this site. Likewise, I work with Wikia as a Janitor and have lookupcontribs permissions, so if you suspect cross-wiki vandalism or spamming, feel free to contact me to get it verified and/or spam phrases blocked.

Other than my janitorial duties around Wikia, I spend the majority of my wiki-time contributing to Wookieepedia, where I'm a bureaucrat.

Wiki

• Email: Send me an email with your question or concern.
  • Via Skype: My Skype name is "greyman-a".
  • Via Windows Live Messenger: Feel free to poke me on IRC or Skype for my Messenger details.
  • Via IRC: Grey-man (cloak: @wikia/Greyman) on irc.freenode.net, and can be found in the following channels:
#wikia
#cvn-wikia
#wookieepedia
#cvn-wikia-wookieepedia
#WP:TOTJ
#darthipedia
#crusades
#countervandalism
Contact me

From my time on Wikia, I've found that the following principles will almost always help foster a healthy and united wiki-community:

Greyman's Wiki-principles
"The hallmark of a well-managed organization is not the absence of problems, but whether or not problems are effectively resolved."

• Understand both sides of a situation before dispensing your wisdom.
  • Demand and maintain integrity from both others, and yourself.
  • Stay optimistic—don't let other's negative attitudes ruin your wiki-time.
  • Always try to be objective and seek fact based information before making decisions, whether small or large.
  • Insist on accountability from yourself and others for responsibilities and commitments.
  • Don't let others, or the crowd, dictate to you what your opinions should be.
  • Achieve success through teamwork and integrity.
  • Earn respect though being respectful of others.
  • Realize and understand when you're wrong—don't be afraid to admit it.
  • Do what you know is right, even if you know others may disagree with you.
  • Never let other's insecurities about themselves stop you from voicing your own opinion.
  • Do your best to always practice these principles, and help others where need be.

Wikia logo fullsize alpha