Community Central
Community Central
m (moved User:Greyman to Greyman stinkt nach Körperschweiss, Kot und Urin!)
m (moved Greyman stinkt nach Körperschweiss, Kot und Urin! to User:Greyman over redirect: revert)
(No difference)

Revision as of 15:35, 12 May 2008

Greyman
By what you decide to do every day, you will be a good man…or not.
I'm Greyman, and I'm a administrator of this site. Likewise, I work with Wikia as a Janitor and have lookupcontribs permissions, so if you suspect cross-wiki vandalism or spamming, feel free to contact me to get it verified and/or spam phrases blocked.

Other than my janitorial duties around Wikia, I spend the majority of my wiki-time contributing to Wookieepedia, where I'm a bureaucrat.

Wiki

• Email: Send me an email with your question or concern.
  • Via Skype: My Skype name is "greyman-a".
  • Via Windows Live Messenger: Feel free to poke me on IRC or Skype for my Messenger details.
  • Via IRC: Grey-man (cloak: @wikia/Greyman) on irc.freenode.net, and can be found in the following channels:
#wikia
#cvn-wikia
#wookieepedia
#cvn-wikia-wookieepedia
#WP:TOTJ
#darthipedia
#crusades
#countervandalism
Contact me

From my time on Wikia, I've found that the following principles will almost always help foster a healthy and united wiki-community:

Greyman's Wiki-principles
"The hallmark of a well-managed organization is not the absence of problems, but whether or not problems are effectively resolved."

• Understand both sides of a situation before dispensing your wisdom.
  • Demand and maintain integrity from both others, and yourself.
  • Stay optimistic—don't let other's negative attitudes ruin your wiki-time.
  • Always try to be objective and seek fact based information before making decisions, whether small or large.
  • Insist on accountability from yourself and others for responsibilities and commitments.
  • Don't let others, or the crowd, dictate to you what your opinions should be.
  • Achieve success through teamwork and integrity.
  • Earn respect though being respectful of others.
  • Realize and understand when you're wrong—don't be afraid to admit it.
  • Do what you know is right, even if you know others may disagree with you.
  • Never let other's insecurities about themselves stop you from voicing your own opinion.
  • Do your best to always practice these principles, and help others where need be.

Wikia logo fullsize alpha