Community Central
Community Central

Welcome to Godisme's Talk Page
Welcome to my talk page. Leave a message here if you need to contact me. I will try to get back to you as soon as I can.If you need to get a hold of me immediately, I can likely be found on Wikia's IRC channel. Please remember to follow all policies when posting here. Please leave a new message with a new heading if this is concerning something new. Please remember to sign your posts as well. This can be done by adding four tildes to the end of your post like this ~~~~

If you are leaving a message for me, I will respond here. If I left you a message, please respond on your talk page. Thank you.

Please note, I am not staff. I cannot handle any issues you have on any other wiki aside from ones I am an admin on.

Archive 1 Archive 2 Archive 3 Archive 4

Omnomnom

Since that's all you're probably hearing right now. – zzi 22:06, January 26, 2012 (UTC)

Yeah, its quite annoying.--GodPray  22:06,1/26/2012 
Answer my question p10x? Or I'll chew louder. – zzi 22:12, January 26, 2012 (UTC)
Rice Krispies!! SunXia (Chat) 22:44, January 26, 2012 (UTC)

This is a section header

And this is text under it.  Monchoman45  Talk  Contribs  Skystone  04:36,1/27/2012 

Trolololo

I spame you – zzi 03:58, January 29, 2012 (UTC)

User templates

Hi, just to check, but can anyone create a user page template here or do I have to request some kind of permission? I believe they are used for cross-wiki transclusion, aren't they? leviathan_89 17:46, 31 January, 2012 (UTC)

No, anyone is free to create a user page template. And yes, they are used for cross wiki transclusion.--GodPray  17:48,1/31/2012 

Kickbanned from chat

Hey God. I noticed one you used your bot to unkickban several users that were kickbanned from chat. How do you do it? —Technology Wizard ·Contribs· ~Talk~ ·E-Mail·  09:01,2/17/2012 

I did so manually, just with the bot account so it would not flood.-GodPray  20:57,2/17/2012 
How do you search up users on the bot account? I am on AWB, but I am not sure how to search for users on it. —Technology Wizard ·Contribs· ~Talk~ ·E-Mail·  06:06,2/24/2012 
You can't. When I was unbanning people, I was logged in to wikia on my browser with my bot account. I just did it with that account instead of my regular one since the bot account was flagged and I would not be flooding recent changes. I didn't actually use any bot program.--GodPray  06:11,2/24/2012 
Oh, I understand now. Thanks :) —Technology Wizard ·Contribs· ~Talk~ ·E-Mail·  06:16,2/24/2012 

Bot

Hey god. I recently asked my bot to remove all catergories from a page and there still there look

File:ScreenShot1.jpeg

Original Authority (talk)

To remove all categories from a page, you need to go to the options tab and in the normal settings, you need to use Regex to capture the categories and replace with nothing.--GodPray  22:58,2/22/2012 

User:Godisme/Sig2

Hey Godisme, would you be opposed to me making HTML and CSS improvements to your sig, to decrease its total footprint, similar to what I did for Gallantmon v.X on w:c:yugioh:User:Dinoguy1000/sandbox/gallantsig (compare to original)? (Feel free to take any improvements you'd like without asking, as well ;) ) ディノ千?!? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 23:30, February 22, 2012 (UTC)

The sig is how I want it at the moment. I am in the middle of making changes to it.--GodPray  00:17,2/23/2012 
All right, that's fine; just figured I'd offer. ;) ディノ千?!? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 02:13, February 23, 2012 (UTC)
Dino, I would at least suggest that you use 6 hex color codes when improving signatures. IE6 fails to load colors with 3 hex codes. If nothing else, at least make the background and text colors with 6 (IE6 compliant). The gradients can be done with 3 since IE6 doesn't even support them. Just a thought. Rappy 06:21, February 24, 2012 (UTC)
Do you have any source for this? This is the first time I've ever heard of any such issue (and I, as do many other people, have years of experience using IE6, in which time I don't remember even one instance of this issue), and searching for it now doesn't turn up any confirmation, acknowledgement, or even mention - an MSDN article that otherwise appears to be an ideal location to document such a bug makes no mention of it, though it does mention another, far more esoteric IE6 behavior, and even Wikipedia makes no mention, though it does say that '[t]he three-digit form is described in the CSS specification, not in HTML... the three-digit form in an attribute other than "style" is not interpreted as a valid color in some browsers'.
On the other hand, I hardly consider it worthwhile trying to support a decade-old browser now used by far less than 5% of internet-goers, an attitude that is now largely the norm rather than the exception among web developers (not that I'm trying to claim I am one; I'm a hobbyist at best). ディノ千?!? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 07:06, February 24, 2012 (UTC)
Unfortunately, I don't have a source. I remember back when I was working on Burnopedia's site and we had a user still using IE6 that was complaining about colors not showing up correctly. I checked with an IE6 browser to confirm. I changed them from 3-digit to 6 and it fixed the issue. According to w3schools, IE6 is used by 1% of users and I agree it's not 'that' big of a deal. IMO, it's only 3 extra characters to add support for one more browser, so the trade-off is worth it. YMMV though. I wish I still had an IE6 browser to test on, I'd have liked to go back out find out what the issue was... if it was background, background-color, or bgcolor that had the limitation or all 3. Rappy 08:07, February 24, 2012 (UTC)
I wouldn't be surprised if IE6 was one of the browsers Wikipedia was referring to in the snippet I quoted above, in which case the offender would be "bgcolor". If that is the case, it doesn't matter anyways, since that's a deprecated HTML attribute and I avoid deprecated markup like the plague.
Three extra characters isn't that big of a deal if you've only got 2-3 hex triplets, but when you're dealing with a dozen-plus, it adds a lot of weight. Signatures are supposed to be short; long signatures just clutter up the edit view on talk pages, and as a result, I cut markup mercilessly when editing signatures for people (as can be seen with the Wikipedia version of my signature, wherein every unnecessary character has been stripped - including attribute value quotes and closing tags). ディノ千?!? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 08:51, February 24, 2012 (UTC)
That's all fine and well but when I sign, all you see is {{User:Godisme/Sig2|00:17,2/23/2012}}, which is shorter than your sig. My sig is transcluded through a second page so as to not place the full code on a page. The reason the actual code is so long is because it is optimized to work with all browsers, hence the need for both the moz gradient and the webkit gradient.--GodPray  17:38,2/24/2012 
There are a number of reasons my sig is substituted on pages instead of transcluded, not least of all because the signature of any prolific editor is a de facto highly-used template, with all the problems and issues that entails. I also understand quite well the need for browser interoperability, and any changes I made to your sig would not remove the CSS you have in place to do that. Whiat I *would* do would be to reduce the number of spans and the amount of CSS as far as possible while still maintaining the effects; if you'd like, I can go ahead and rewrite your sig in a sandbox page of mine here (which is how I would do this regardless; as you may recall, I've had a bad experience updating another editor's live sig, though in that case not only did the editor not solicit the change, I didn't even notify them I was making it) so you can see exactly what changes would happen and test the new code for yourself in whatever browsers you'd like. =) ディノ千?!? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 18:14, February 24, 2012 (UTC)

(Reset indent) I don't substitute as substitution would overwhelm the page. Transclusion assures that when I update my sig as I have been doing, all previous instances of it update as well. On wiki, this is not a sever strain. My sig is how I want it to be.--GodPray  18:26,2/24/2012 

How do you upload a picture like File:Central Logo.png ?? so i can use it in monobook ? --{{SUBST:Template:Original Authority/sig}} 17:45, February 23, 2012 (UTC)

The Monobook logo can be uploaded by uploading a new version of File:Wiki.png or attaching it through CSS as I did here.--GodPray  17:56,2/23/2012 

Yeh but i want to do it throught css but i need the websitw what you upload the picture to --OA1,000 edits on Vampire Diaries wika Yesh 18:31, February 23, 2012 (UTC)

Can you help me i need to chang e the background colour

background-color:#FFFFFF;--GodPray  18:49,2/23/2012 
Could you change my Logo please it wont change p.s do you use monobook? --OA1,000 edits on Vampire Diaries wika Yesh 18:55, February 23, 2012 (UTC)
Yes, I use Monobook. However, I cannot change your logo, you need to do it.--GodPray  20:19,2/23/2012 

Help

Hello where you talked about youre in here (youre sig) where would you put? {{SUBST:User:Wyatt Matthew/Sig2|18:51,2/27/2012}}. User:Wyatt Matthew

{{SUBST:User:Wyatt Matthew/Sig|{{SUBST:#time: H:i,n/j/Y}}}} Goes in your preferences under signature--GodPray  18:51,2/27/2012 
Not working --{{SUBST:User:Wyatt Matthew/Sig2}}{{SUBST:#time: H:i,n/j/Y}} 19:01, February 27, 2012 (UTC)
Remove the <nowiki> tags and click the box that says "I want to use wikicode in my signature".--GodPray  19:05,2/27/2012 
File:Untitled.png.png

Sig 2 is where my sig is

Not worked {{SUBST:User:Wyatt Matthew/Sig2|19:13,2/27/2012}} 19:13, February 27, 2012 (UTC)
You named your pages User:WyattMathew/sig and User:WyattMatthew/sig2. The names need to match. Put {{SUBST:User:WyattMatthew/sig|{{SUBST:#time: H:i,n/j/Y}}}} in your preferences.--GodPray  19:51,2/27/2012 
Not Worked Wyatt
Worked You failed to mention you need a space but no probs Lol -- Wyatt  Speak  Contribs  VD  20:57,2/27/2012 

20:57, February 27, 2012 (UTC)

New12-0228

Help please. You had left a message about layout builder. If they going to drop it do you know where the layout pages are stored? Is there place like template?

Rocketmanwikia 23:51, February 28, 2012 (UTC)

Layouts are stored in layout pages. They are separate from other namespaces. You can store them in a template if you would like.--GodPray  00:03,2/29/2012 
How do you get "pick a layout" page to see them?Rocketmanwikia 00:15, February 29, 2012 (UTC)
When on the layout page, you can choose to edit an existing layout.--GodPray  00:17,2/29/2012 

User:Original Authority's sig

I've just edited your talkpage God to fix Original Authority's signature. It was <sup>-ing all of your talkpage. My apologies for being a TPS! but really I just stumbled apon it. :D

User:Starfleet Academy/SigSource

Violation of NEW ToU

Dear Godisme, I am not sure if you are aware of it, but your current username is in expressed violation of the new Terms of Use considering impersonation. The new ToU have not been broadly announced, and i am quite stunned by the lack of well thought over it currently seems to be, but so you know, you should, according to this new ToU, get adressed a new username or get permabanned. I do think adressing this might get the point of why it is so ridicule to implement this new ToU at Jen Burton / Craig Palmer. I am thinking about stirring up discussion about the (again) bad communicated high impact chance. Not the first one which is communicated so poorly and even not considered big enough as it seems that everybody should agree to BEFORE editing again. I do think there are quite a few things which should not be in there and some which are mistakes too. Hope you understand my concern and that this is only to help you steer out of any problems.

What? -- RandomTime 22:19, March 3, 2012 (UTC)
My username is perfectly acceptable, staff have no problem with it.--GodPray  22:20,3/3/2012 
But, god is fictional.   Jazzi   Speak  22:38,3/3/2012    [[Special:EditCount/Jäzzi|Special:EditCount/Jäzzi]]  
Even if it was a ToU violation, he'd be protected by this. --Smuff[The cake is a lie] 22:41, March 3, 2012 (UTC)
Smuff is correct, this username is surely grandfathered. It would offend one’s sense of justice to apply the ToU ex post facto. — SpikeToronto 07:14, March 4, 2012 (UTC)
P.S. Nice sig Jäzzi! Is it new? — SpikeToronto 07:14, March 4, 2012 (UTC)
God might be fictional, the ToU states one should not impersonate any other person or entity. Fictional persons too. So it's a violation. Even attempting to impersonate a person or entity is forbidden.