General bot informationEdit
If you are planning on doing a lot of edits, consider discussing with your community if the account should be flagged as a bot. This allows the account's edits to be hidden from the Recent Changes by default. Bots in general are specific to the wiki - each wiki you edit will need to flag the account as a bot.
- Support contact form - to flag your account as a bot
- AWB requires the latest update (as of September 17, 2019: 18.104.22.168 or higher). This update cannot be downloaded through the auto-updater and would have to be downloaded manually and overwrite your files in the AWB directory.
- If Project:AutoWikiBrowser/CheckPage exists on the wiki, you will need to ensure your bot is on that list. Searching for "inurl:AutoWikiBrowser/CheckPage" will list the page if it exists.
- Pywikibot is a Python library and collection of tools that automate work.
- Requires Python. To check whether you have Python installed and to find its version, just type "python" at the CMD or shell prompt. Python 2.7.4 or higher or Python 3.4 or higher is required to run the bot but 3.5 or higher is recommended.
- Library of Pywikibot scripts