Community Central
Community Central

Hi Fandom community,

As the President & CEO of Fandom powered by Wikia and Wikia, Inc. and a fellow pop culture fan, it's my pleasure to welcome you to the largest entertainment fan site in the world. I’ve been here since October 2011, driving exciting developments with our talented team that further the fan experience. I love being a part of the amazing collaborative world that Fandom represents and providing you with the tools to celebrate your passions. This is one of the main factors that first attracted me to this company and what has kept me here; I love that Fandom blurs the lines between my professional and personal life in a really fun and interesting way.

I've worked in high-tech for 30 years -- most of it in the heart of Silicon Valley in California. Over the course of my career, I’ve been a part of many different companies and markets. I am driven by furthering companies and the user experience via the constant evolution of technology; there’s always something new to explore and tap into to achieve this.

I've always loved great content, technology, communities and entertainment and Fandom brings this all together for me. I was first introduced to the great communities in Fandom through my love of the TV show Lost. I can honestly say that the show wouldn't have been as fun without all the great information that the community created to help me understand the complexity of the show.

Speaking of, I'm a huge entertainment and pop culture enthusiast. I'm a massive fan of the The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings trilogy -- both books and movies -- and enjoy catching up on Vikings, Game of Thrones, Billions and The Walking Dead and binge-watching episodes of my favorite show Breaking Bad. I’m also a big music fan and when I'm not watching The Voice, I try to see as much live music as possible -- from festivals like San Francisco’s Outside Lands where I saw icons like Radiohead and LCD Soundsystem and lesser known artists like The Wombats, and Rogue Wave. I have also been trying to see as many famous ‘60s and ‘70s-era artists as possible -- the generation that inspired modern rock -- like the Grateful Dead, The Who, Neil Young and others.

I'm working hard to ensure Fandom powered by Wikia continues to be a collaborative site that is truly for fans, by fans. We know we only succeed through the work of all of our amazing fans who celebrate their passion by creating amazing communities and content. Part of that is also doing my best to listen to you and meet your evolving needs. As such, please don't hesitate to reach out to us, including our devoted Community Support staff.

Thank you for being a part of our community.

Craig Palmer