FANDOM

• Hi there! Do you know if there's a specific reason that a Content Moderator can't used w:c:dev:AjaxBatchDelete when it's already installed on their global.js? I've used the script when I'm admin and it works fine; now Wikia introduced the new user group that also has the right to delete content, but the BatchDelete isn't showing up as an option when I'm on the wiki I'm CM on; (I did check, I'm able to delete stuff one by one). Any way to get it working? Awesome script it is!

Loading editor
    • The script was made before the Content Mod position was introduced. Originally, only Admins/Bureaucrats can access the script.

It has to be changed to allow Contents Moderators.

Loading editor
    • Ahh... Well, I was more of believing the description literally: "Note that the script will only load if the user has access to the delete right", instead of thinking it has something to do with actual user groups. But since you brought up a good point that "it has to be changed" for it to work; it goes back to why I'm writing to Ozuzanna in the first place, as s/he (sorry I don't know your gender) is the developer of the version I am using and am fond of; I don't think it'd be polite if I go to someone else to modify this script without asking the developer first.

Loading editor
    • Any updates with the situation?

Loading editor
    • most likely, he's not going to update the script

Loading editor
    • The scripts have been unlocked by Wikia Staff on Dev Wiki, so I will probably fix it when I have some time on the side. Thanks for notifying me.

Loading editor
    • Hey there! Thanks for checking in! I just visited dev and saw that apparently someone has attempted to tackle the issue: http://dev.wikia.com/wiki/MediaWiki:AjaxBatchDelete/code.2.js?oldid=35880&diff=37613 the revision is waiting to be reviewed, hopefully it would work if it passes. =D

Loading editor
    • I updated the script. I attempted to follow the code, as I'm not well-versed in JavaScript (well it was simple enough).

Loading editor
    • Yeah that looks about right, thanks Elexorien.

Loading editor
    • Hey there! Just want to let you guys know that it passed the review and I just tried and it works fine!! Thank you so very much!! =D

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.