FANDOM

• This may interest you.

Loading editor
    • Thanks for letting me know. Are you planning to move what you can to Github, since their security and review systems are better than Wikia's?

Loading editor
    • I am planning on moving versioning and review to GitHub as they have the proper tools for it and then when a script is ready for production I will push it back to Dev wiki for users to use.

Loading editor
    • That sounds wise.

BTW, I had a great idea that I'm prototyping on my machine. One of the most common things made in user-generated Javascript is twitter widgets. My idea is that rather than having everyone make custom code for each widget, we write code that goes through each of a particular tag, and makes the twitter widgets. That way, you can add any twitter widgets you want without special scripts or the Mediawiki namespace, and we only have one script to audit. I think this will be a lot safer, since there's less vectors of attack.

Loading editor
    • I am two years ahead of you. With a bit of updating this will go live again soon so that everyone can use it.

At the moment though the organization is looking for developers so if you are interested give me a ring.

Loading editor
    • Though, if you plan on improving it I highly recommend you use this repo: [1]

Loading editor
    • Is everything going over? Was a decision made to transfer the dev wiki to github?

Loading editor
    • Curiouscrab wrote: Is everything going over? Was a decision made to transfer the dev wiki to github?

Not at all, I took it upon myself to make a little GitHub group where people can elect to join.

The goal of said group is to promote good code through versioning and peer review. Eventually once a script reaches production it is pushed back to Dev wiki where users can import it.

Loading editor
    • Can you add me on there? My username is natewatson999 .

Loading editor
    • You have been invited, check your email for the invite.

Loading editor
    • Notice: You have 24 hours to enable GitHub 2FA or else you will be removed from the group.

Loading editor
    • I'll enable it.

Loading editor
    • Done

Loading editor
    • Thank you <3

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.