FANDOM

• I don't want to sound impatient but has Munkapedia been spotlighted yet? From the response to the request you stated it would be up the first or second week of the month (as was the intended goal). I also noticed that you took it off the list a few days ago so this has me concerned. I haven't seen it yet nor noticed any change in views (past spotlights have shown a very noticeable change in this regard). It's almost to the point where the spotlight won't fulfill its purpose at all.

Loading editor
    • It should have gone up either the first two weeks of December or, if there were a delay, be up right now.

I took it off the list because I kept seeing one of the other spotlights submitted at the same time; generally if one is up so are the others.

I can ask if it did go up, and I will also keep an eye out.

Loading editor
    • Yes, please do. Thanks.

Loading editor
    • Ok. I have found out what happened.

There is a bug which is causing lifestyle spotlights to be displayed on all wikias. Your spotlight is "up" right now in the system, but it is an entertainment spotlight, so it is not actually getting displayed on any wikias. Unfortunately the problem was just discovered and is not likely to be fixed before the holidays.

All of the spotlights affected will be put up in January (or kept up as the case may be) when the problem is fixed. I'm sorry - I know you wanted it up in December.

Loading editor
    • Can I just cancel the spotlight for the wiki then since it hasn't been up for real yet? It really needed to be the first couple weeks of this month. January won't mean much. I would like to resubmit my request sometime in February for the end of the month for the premiere of a new series.

Loading editor
    • It will be easier just to leave it be I suspect, but you are welcome to ask again for February.

Spotlights times aren't a guarantee (even when things don't break quite like they did this time); I can do my best to get the next one up when you want it based on the typical schedule, but it may be off by a few weeks.

Loading editor
    • Timing really mattered for this one which is why I asked a month in advance. I guess we could promote the new series when this one is fixed instead of doing a new one in February, but that wasn't the purpose of this December spotlight. I just don't want to waste our two spotlights for the year basically back-to-back.

Loading editor
    • I wouldn't count it as two given the bug that occurred, but I can ask them to take down the current one if it bothers you so much; I just didn't see any real need to do so.

Loading editor
    • If it won't count as one of the two, then please don't go through the trouble of removing it. I just didn't want one of our two to be less than ideal.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.