FANDOM

• I shoud've probably been able to figure this out on my own, but how can I make it so that instead of a black background, a slider has a white or a transparent one (transparent is probably prefered)?

Loading editor
    • To your MediaWiki:Common.css:

.wikiaPhotoGallery-slider-body {
          background: transparent;
      }
        Loading editor
    • Am I doing something wrong or is wikia just slow today? The code seems to have no effect. I've added it here.

Loading editor
    • You would also need to import Common.css to Wikia.css. Add the following to MediaWiki:Wikia.css:

@import url(/load.php?mode=articles&articles=MediaWiki:Common.css&only=styles);
        Loading editor
    • Hmm, I get the message "@import is not allowed here".

Loading editor
    • My bad, it's supposed to be at the very top before any CSS rules.

Loading editor
    • You can ask Staff to import your Common.css with your Wikia.css on their end. A better option in my opinion.

Loading editor
    • Still not seeing anything change. Getting something about @import preventing parallel downloads and using <link> instead.

And... I'm not really familiar with css at all, so I'm really sure what I'd be supposed to ask the staff. Last two times I was advised to ask them do something it turned out they couldn't anyway, so I rather have any changes in my won hands.

Loading editor
    • Try:

@import url("http://monsterhigh.wikia.com/index.php?title=MediaWiki:Common.css&usemsgcache=yes&ctype=text/css&smaxage=86400&action=raw&maxage=86400");

Staff should be able to do this for you though. They imported the Common.css to the Wikia.css on the back end without me even asking.

Loading editor
    • Still not working. Might I ask, what does it mean to import Common to Wikia?

Loading editor
    • It seems to me that the background-color (which is currently black) is overriding the background transparency. You could try removing the background completely with 

.wikiaPhotoGallery-slider-body {
          background: none !important;
      }

Then crop the white space on each side of this file and it should give the same view as using transparent.

As for why you need to import. Common.css only applies to the Monobook skin by default while Wikia.css applies to the Oasis skin. Importing them together allows the styling on Common.css to also be applied to the Oasis skin.

Loading editor
    • Perfect, it caught. This ought to make slider management a lot easier. Thanks, both of you!

(Since apparently import simply is duplication elsewhere, I added the code manually to Wikia.css. This works too, right?)

Loading editor
    • Parrotbeak wrote:

(Since apparently import simply is duplication elsewhere, I added the code manually to Wikia.css. This works too, right?)

Not exactly. Adding the code to both is duplication. Importing is keeping the code on one page and loading it on another. Duplicating the code isn't a great idea, especially if there are changes in the future. You might unwittingly change it for one skin and not the other.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.