FANDOM

• As the founder of a fanon wiki, I need help developing some starter policies for my wiki. Just the basics to start off with before developing them further (I don't want to implement too much after all). So what should be included in them?

Loading editor
    • I personally would include a "Do" and "Don't" list and a description of blocking users. Since you are also just starting the wiki, I would recommend creating a organization rubric, ie. how do you want content to be laid out, what content are you looking for, etc. A section of files (naming practices, licensing, etc.) could be helpful given that they are easier to keep track of from the start than later when there are hundreds of them. As the wiki expanses, I would add a promotion/demotion section as well. You could go on and on with polices. Bottom line, I would recommend the list of dos and don'ts and a statement of where you want the wiki to go in the future.

Loading editor
    • I started a wiki to write such generic policies intended for copying to other wikis.

But I never actually wrote any policies. =(

Loading editor
    • How do you write policies?  As in, have never made a policy page, step-by-step instructions.

Loading editor
    • You write policies by just typing stuff you want and then calling it a policy.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.