Mendes2 closed this thread because:
    Repeated necroposting
    21:52, July 28, 2020

how do i delete comments

Loading editor
    • From a blog? Only admins can do that

Loading editor
    • Kamikaze839 wrote: From a blog? Only admins can do that

Hello. True, administrators (aka admins) can delete comments from any article, or blog. If you don't want comments, you can disable it on your wiki on your Admin Dashboard, if you're already an admin.

However, admins don't need to do it. I've heard of this special right called 'Comment Control' that can be enabled by wikia staff through Special:Contact. If you give comment control rights, I think they can be able to delete comments, not just admins.

Loading editor
    • You can remove them sometimes. I have seen a remove button before.

Loading editor
    • Hey, I see a "Remove" button on forum posts, not only on wikis I'm admin, but also here and I've checked also other wikis. It's not possible to remove comments from a blog post if you mean that, only the ones you wrote if you're not an admin on that wiki :)

Loading editor
    •   Loading editor
    • I tried to delete a reply I accidentally posted and I couldn't. Now i'm humiliated

Loading editor
    • Don’t be, it’s alright! :D And about comment deletion, I don’t believe you can, but there is a setting if you are an admin and you can disable comments, but they come back once you enable it again.

Loading editor
    • Actually, if you tap on a comment, there is a delete button and an edit button, but I don’t know if it is because I am an admin...

Loading editor
    • In general, you should be able to delete your own comments. If you have elevated privileges, you may be able to delete others' comments.

Also, this thread is over 3 years old. It would have been a better idea to start a new one.

Loading editor
    • Andrewds1021 wrote: In general, you should be able to delete your own comments. If you have elevated privileges, you may be able to delete others' comments.

Also, this thread is over 3 years old. It would have been a better idea to start a new one.

No. Users themselves cannot delete their own comments.

Loading editor
    • Hmmm... I thought they could. My bad.

Loading editor
    • It would be nice if they would be able to do so. I mean, they can even close and remove threads from their wall, which is like having admin powers, but only on your wall.

Loading editor
    • I agree. We should be allowed to at least remove our own comments and comment threads on articles and blog posts. Most other sites I know let us do that, so why not Fandom?

Loading editor
    • u can only remove a message if it was sent to your wall other than that only admins and disscusions moderators on their respective wikis can close comments

Loading editor
    • I wish that wasn't the case. If I make a comment or comment thread on an article or a blog post and I don't want it there anymore, I should be allowed to simply remove it myself since it's my comment/comment thread.

Loading editor
    • If you delete/deactivate account maybe they go away...

Loading editor
    • No, they won't. Also, this question has already been answered. Please refrain from bumping this conversation unless it a actually necessary.

Loading editor
    • Cutie Mark wrote:

Kamikaze839 wrote: From a blog? Only admins can do that

Hello. True, administrators (aka admins) can delete comments from any article, or blog. If you don't want comments, you can disable it on your wiki on your Admin Dashboard, if you're already an admin.

However, admins don't need to do it. I've heard of this special right called 'Comment Control' that can be enabled by wikia staff through Special:Contact. If you give comment control rights, I think they can be able to delete comments, not just admins.

What if you're commenting on someone else's wiki and you just want to delete that one comment?

Loading editor
    • AstralRistar wrote:

Cutie Mark wrote:

Kamikaze839 wrote: From a blog? Only admins can do that

What if you're commenting on someone else's wiki and you just want to delete that one comment?

I guess you have no other choice but to just edit the comment by saying something else. Other than that, you can contact an admin to delete your comment.

Loading editor
    • I'm on a SpongeBob wikia post I made but cannot delete 'cause I wanna.

Loading editor
    • You have to be a content moderator to delete your comment. Unfortunately, this would currently lead to no other choice but to edit your comment. Though, you could tell your local staff to delete the comment.

Loading editor
    • close this thread pls

Loading editor
    • Discussion Moderator, Content Moderator and admin can delete comments.

Loading editor
    • Applemasterexpert wrote:
      Discussion Moderator, Content Moderator and admin can delete comments.

Content Moderators cannot.

Loading editor
    • IamtheJerry01 wrote:

Applemasterexpert wrote:
      Discussion Moderator, Content Moderator and admin can delete comments.

Content Moderators cannot.

They could. I'm a content moderator at a wiki and I still have the right to delete comments

Loading editor
    • Applemasterexpert wrote: Discussion Moderator, Content Moderator and admin can delete comments.

IamtheJerry01 wrote: Content Moderators cannot.

Applemasterexpert wrote: They could. I'm a content moderator at a wiki and I still have the right to delete comments

You guys are bumping up this thread also this thread is too old so can you start a new thread?

Loading editor
    • IamtheJerry01
      IamtheJerry01 removed this reply because:
      Just like that.
      04:43, June 28, 2020
      This reply has been removed
    • DOMINIK
      DOMINIK removed this reply because:
      newermind
      08:56, July 29, 2020
      This reply has been removed
    • You'd have to ask a local admin.

Loading editor
    • Andrewds1021 wrote:
      No, they won't. Also, this question has already been answered. Please refrain from bumping this conversation unless it a actually necessary.

You should be able to delete your own comments. And making an issue more visible is an important part of getting it fixed (assuming it's not something you can fix yourself).

Loading editor
    • Obsessive Archivist wrote:
      Andrewds1021 wrote:
      No, they won't. Also, this question has already been answered. Please refrain from bumping this conversation unless it a actually necessary.
      You should be able to delete your own comments. And making an issue more visible is an important part of getting it fixed (assuming it's not something you can fix yourself).

I don't think i can.

Loading editor
    • Ok so, you need to be an admin to actually delete your own comments? Thats just pure clown energy.

Loading editor
    • This is a pretty long thread without asking whether the wiki is UCP or not... the comment systems between legacy and UCP are mega different.

Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.