FANDOM

• Is it possible to add dynamic content to a wikia page? Specifically, I'd like a user to be able to enter a latitude and longitude into a text box, and have the distance and heading from that latitude/longitude to the one associated with the current page to appear. Can such a thing be done?

Loading editor
    • Are you talking about the inclusion of Google Maps? Because I get the feeling this might be possible, using the maps javascript API. But I can imagine this being quite a project on itself.

Loading editor
    • Actually, I'm talking about integrating user-fillable text boxes attached to php or Javascript code that I as an admin create, and that a non-admin can't edit. I've just discovered wikia extensions; is that the sort of thing I'd need for this?

Loading editor
    • Jonmack3 wrote: Actually, I'm talking about integrating user-fillable text boxes attached to php or Javascript code that I as an admin create, and that a non-admin can't edit. I've just discovered wikia extensions; is that the sort of thing I'd need for this?

A MediaWiki extension sounds exactly like what you need.

Loading editor
    • Thanks!

Loading editor
    • Extensions can be requested through Special:Contact.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.