FANDOM

• I currently need to delete 67 user blog redirect pages that were automatically generated after a user changed his name. (See here: w:c:bioshock:Special:DoubleRedirects)

I don't have any experience with other bot programs, so I'd like to be able to handle this by using the AutoWikiBrowser. Unfortunately, the delete button in AWB is always greyed out for me, even though I am an admin on the BioShock Wiki where I need to complete this task.

Do I need to do some kind of authentication with Wikia or change a setting within AWB to enable this functionality? Perhaps I need the bot flag to be enabled for my account on BioShock Wiki?

(On a side note, I haven't been to these forums in over a year, so this redesign of the Community Central help forums is really.... disconcerting would be a mild way to put it.)

Loading editor
    • You should be able to make a list from the using Special Pages as source, then User Contributions as the source from that , pages the username, then User Blog as the namespace. Hit start then it should let you start editing and you'll have to click that delete button to delete them as from what I've been reading thus far, AWB can't auto delete for you.

Loading editor
    • Thank you for the reply. I actually just used a list from a text file I quickly made, rather than a special page. It turns out the problem was that the AWB was set to 'follow redirects'. I have it working now. As for AWB not being able to autodelete, it's not ideal, but it's still a lot faster than having to visit every page individually.

Loading editor
    • You can just save the list from AWB, then use pybot or a js and batch-delete them

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.