FANDOM

• Is there anything I can put in category to turn off the category exhibition in it? (something like the hidden cat magic word)

There are few categories in the "maintenance area"(not "content area"), where I just want a list of stubs etc without anything else.

Loading editor
    • I do not think category exhibition can be turned off on a page-by-page basis. However, this isn't really necessary, as you can easily switch back to the list view by clicking the "list" icon in the upper right corner of the screen. Simply click the "square" icon next to it when you want to switch back to category exhibition view. Yes, it is one extra step as opposed to having certain categories automatically in the display mode you want them, but it's very quick and painless.

Loading editor
    • Is "category exhibition" the same thing as "category galleries"? If so, you should be able to control it by adding some lines to your MediaWiki:Wikia.css.

.page-pagename .category-gallery,
      .page-whatever .category-gallery {
          display:none!important; /* this important seems necessary */
      }

Loading editor
    • They're kind of similar, but not the same thing. Category exhibition is a feature in Special:WikiFeatures, for the Oasis skin only. For example:

http://community.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Community_News?useskin=oasis&display=exhibition

In Category Exhibition mode, pages are listed as images, but limited to displaying a maximum of 16 images (pages) at a time. To see additional pages in the category, you have to click buttons at the bottom to page to tab through them.

This is in contrast to the normal category display, where you would have a category gallery of the top 8 pages, and below that, a comprehensive list of links to all the other pages in the category.

Loading editor
    • __NOCATEGORYEXHIBITION__

Loading editor
    • PedroM wrote:
      __NOCATEGORYEXHIBITION__

Does that actually work? I've never heard of that before, and it's not documented at Help:Magic words or at Help:Category – though it wouldn't surprise me if the documentation was simply missing..

Loading editor
    • Dunno, doxed probably in some blog post…

Loading editor
    • I tried it, it doesn't work. Although it seems to have been part of the code at some point(v.1.15?), but was depreciated since. You can still google many Wikis that have it on its directory pages.

Loading editor
    •   Loading editor
    • __NOGALLERY__
        Loading editor
    • 65.94.79.6 wrote:

__NOGALLERY__

No, that's for thumbnails of categorized images.

Loading editor
    • Mbg2 wrote: I tried it, it doesn't work. Although it seems to have been part of the code at some point(v.1.15?), but was depreciated since. You can still google many Wikis that have it on its directory pages.

Which wiki are we talking about, exactly? Maybe you've confused catexh with catgal? Because it worked for me. Although of note, catexh will be replaced with catgal, so you'll additionally need to put a __NOCATEGORYGALLERY__ to get rid of that too. This confused me at first.

Loading editor
    • how is the script light and gray?

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.