FANDOM

• I have noticed the new changes in the Youtube formatting that changes the videos embedded into files. I prefer the original look of the embedded videos, however. Is it possible to make it so that WikiaBot doesn't automatically change the Youtube tags to files?

Loading editor
    • I believe you can use a template to get around it. For example, create Template:Youtube with the following code:

<youtube>{{{1}}}</youtube>

And then use {{youtube|youtubeid}} on pages.

Could add parameters for width and such if necessary.

Loading editor
    • Thanks! I'm gonna try it now. Wish me luck!

EDIT: Dang, didn't work. Does anyone else have any suggestions?

Loading editor
    • Deal with it. It's a Wikia decree.

Loading editor
    • Hmm, strange. Does using {{#tag:youtube|youtubeid}} still get replaced? If it does, you might need to do what the RuneScape Wiki, for example, does, with a script (used with a template) that embeds the iframe itself.

Loading editor
    • @Bobogoobo: That first suggestion, with the #tag:, did work for me, thanks! (For those who can't see it, as I couldn't, look at the message's history. You'll see it.) You're awesome, dude.

@PedroM: I know it's a Wikia decree. I came here to see if there was a way to get around it. (Admittedly, if nobody knew a way, I certainly would have dealt with it, but I figured there's no harm in asking.)

Loading editor
    • Whoops, fixed the code so it'll show up, thanks for pointing that out. Glad I could help.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.