FANDOM


  • How can I add a logo to my wiki (I'm an admin and bureucrat) while in Monobook? I've been trying to figure this out for years, and have yet to do it.

      Loading editor
    • The logo for Wikia/Oasis/"New Wikia Look" is File:Wiki-wordmark.png. It must be uploaded via Special:ThemeDesigner.

      The logo for Monobook is File:Wiki.png. Unlike its Oasis counterpart, it doesn't need any special process and is best uploaded just via Special:Upload. The recommended size is 155x155 pixels.

        Loading editor
    • Wiki-wordmark has to be 250x65px.

        Loading editor
    • At maximum, yes.

        Loading editor
    • Shield wrote:
      How can I add a logo to my wiki (I'm an admin and bureucrat) while in Monobook? I've been trying to figure this out for years, and have yet to do it.

      help me

        Loading editor
    • To access the Theme Designer, append ?useskin=oasis in the address bar. The special page doesn't appear in Monobook, probably as it has a preview of an Oasis layout.

        Loading editor
    • I tried to use 250x65px size, but the site say me the image has an incorrect file type. Why? Please, help me!

        Loading editor
    • MarioGW wrote: I tried to use 250x65px size, but the site say me the image has an incorrect file type. Why? Please, help me!

      I think you are trying to uploading .jpg image. Actually, wordmarks can only be .png files and can have a maximum size of 250px x 65px.

        Loading editor
    • Anonminati wrote:

      MarioGW wrote: I tried to use 250x65px size, but the site say me the image has an incorrect file type. Why? Please, help me!

      I think you are trying to uploading .jpg image. Actually, wordmarks can only be .png files and can have a maximum size of 250px x 65px.

      The image must be an original .png? Because when I renamed the image in .png from an another extension, the site says the image has an incorrect MIME type.

        Loading editor
    • Yeah, well you can convert your image's extension through gimp or photoshop. Or if you are not be able convert your image's extension then you can send your image to me after i will convert your image's extension.

        Loading editor
    • To clarify, changing the file type is not as simple as changing the file extension. The file's extension is part of the file name and is used to indicate the file type. It can be changed simply by renaming the file. However, the file type itself has to do with how data is encoded and is not changed simply by changing the file name. When you changed the name from .jpg to .png, that made the issue worse because now the reader expects png encoding but receives jpg encoding; which is why you get that message.

      Also, please start a new thread next time.

        Loading editor
    • Thank you so much!! I used GIMP and I exported in a .png file. Ok, Andrew! I'm doing that next time.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.