FANDOM

• Like if you made a certain aaniunt of forum posts than can it not be counted as an edit?

Loading editor
    • No.

Loading editor
    • Lol you just say no..

Loading editor
    • He did answer your question, didn't he?

Loading editor
    • But thats not a full answer.

Loading editor
    • Okay then, please provide some additional information on how we can help you out. Perhaps we see a short answer as a good outcome, since your question is very short as well.

Loading editor
    • There really isn't much to it than that, making a forum post counts as an edit.

Loading editor
    • I believe it'd be quite difficult to implement a mechanism to separate posts from edits on a per-namespace basis. Also, core MediaWiki would probably not allow for this to be merged back, which means that Wikia would have to keep the code up-to-date all by itself.

Loading editor
    • if you go to special:editcount/username then you can see a breakdown of which namespaces people's edits were made in for the specific wiki you're on as well as wikia-wide

Loading editor

Which shows that there's already a count maintained per namespace, meaning it would be trivial to allow the database call for that value to be a customisable so that the editcount in the user header can display something other than "all edits".

For instance, showing only edits in the content namespaces of a wiki would be desirable.

edit: although, I hate the editcount being displayed to begin with, as the quality of edits are more important than the quantity. The fact that I often have to go back to fix a typo I made, or add something which I should have thought of early should notbe "rewarded" by having a larger number displayed so prominently in my user header.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.