FANDOM

• Hi all,

I'm currently working add the design fase for an new infobox when I bounced against this problem. It's not really clear to see but one of border doesn't seem to recolor. I hope you can help me to fix it. This is the link]. It's only the infobox that I'm talking about. The others are just tools for finding the best colors.

This is the problem:

! rowspan="5" colspan="2" style="vertical-align:bottom; border-top-style:hidden; border-left-style:hidden; height:225px; width:50%; padding-left:2.5%; padding-right:2.5%; border-bottom:1px; border-bottom-color:#acb78d;" | 
    <div style="text-align:right;"><span class="hoverimage">{{Texttip|[[File:Info_icon.png|30px]]|Description}}</span></div>
    [[File:Prisma_Dragon_21.png]]
    ! colspan="1" style="padding:0 25px; text-align:right; width:25%; height:45px; border-top-style:hidden;" | {{Texttip|Available|This is the first level this dragon is available for breeding or purchase.}}
    | colspan="1" style="padding:0 25px;text-align:left;width:25%;height:45px;border-top-style:hidden;border-left-style:hidden;border-right-style:hidden;" | back market {{{level|{{#if:{{dv|{{{name|{{PAGENAME}}}}}|level}}|{{dv|{{{name|{{PAGENAME}}}}}|level}}|N/A}}}}}
    |-

Or shorter:

! rowspan="5" colspan="2" style="vertical-align:bottom; border-top-style:hidden; border-left-style:hidden; height:225px; width:50%; padding-left:2.5%; padding-right:2.5%; border-bottom:1px; border-bottom-color:#acb78d;" |

Normaly the border-bottom-color:#acb78d; should recolor that border (the bottom border from the largest cell). But strangly enouge it remains black. I first thought it was an problem with the cells below it that is normaly all cleaned out the code. Is this an limitation or did I miss something?

Loading editor
    • When inspecting your template page, the CSS wikia returned is:
      border-bottom: 1px none #ACB78D;
      So there's the problem. You can fix this by using
      border-bottom: 1px solid #ACB78D;
      and you can get rid of the border-bottom-color property.

It looks like the borders are suppressed in other parts of the style sheet, and the black border you were looking at was actually the upper-border of the cell below.

Loading editor
    • Yeah I already found the fix like 20 minutes ago, but thx for posting anyway¬†;)

Loading editor
    • After giving it a deeper look, I found you were directly using the border="1" parameter for your table (it is what is causing all grey borders), removing that line and defining your borders in the style-parameter might save you a lot of problems.

Loading editor
    • Nah the gray borders are fine. I finaly finished the lay-out [1]

Loading editor
    • I would like to explain the code which was used to rectify the issue as it will increase the knowledge of some newcomer. In the previous code

border-bottom: 1px none #ACB78D;

None is used which means any border will not be applied, that can be termed as border design like dotted or line border. If you want dotted border, then replace "none" with "dotted"

Loading editor
    • Hm, didn't known that. Thx for the info¬†;)

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.