FANDOM

• Hi 452, I wanted to give you a heads up about the change happening next week for the Community Central Support Forums. See the notice posted here. Wikia appreciates all of the help that you provide to users in the Forum, and we look forward to seeing your continued expert assistance after the switch. The new setup will have four Support boards instead of two, which should help users with questions better determine where to post their thread, and will allow users with answers to more easily find the questions in their area of specialization. We also appreciate the feedback and bug reports over the past couple of weeks, for this new feature. You'll be seeing some fixes next week and beyond. Thanks, and let me know if you have any questions!

Loading editor

Thanks for the heads-up.  (It's nice to see that I get an extra sentence the others didn't get.)

Good idea preventing new threads in the lead up to the change. I think that it would be a better idea to just leave existing threads as editable for longer - although if there's any loose ends I expect the threads will just be recreated. (I also expect there's a technical limitation and automatic locking of the Forum: namespace is a feature which can't be avoided.)

Loading editor
    • Correct, the archiving goes hand-in-hand with the enabling of the new Forum.  Any threads that need to be continued can just be linked from the new thread, or have their content copied into the first post of the new thread.  Staff and Central admins can place a link to a new thread at the end of an old one as well, so just reach out to one of us if you see somewhere where that might be helpful!

Loading editor

Is the admin forum also switching over?  I'd forgotten it was a separate namespace.

Loading editor
    • For now, there will be the two possible locations where users might post admin/founder questions -- the Founder & Admin forums (which will remain in the old style) and the new board here in the main forum. So there will be a little bit of redundancy, and we will see how things evolve, but there's no immediate plans to change the Admin Central part of this wiki. If you and others who help out in the admin forums can offer advice on the new board too, that would be great!

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.