Hi -- I read your summaries of Message Wall bugs, thanks for posting such detailed reports. I'm going to continue the conversation here, because it's easier to make sure we don't miss each other's messages.
My team is just working on the Message Wall and Forum -- sorry I misunderstood your comment about the tabview; I thought you were referring to a problem with the Wall. I'll pass your comments about the editor to George, who works on that team.
So here are some responses about the Wall bugs:
- Thanks for pointing out the WantedPages bug -- that one actually did slip by us. I'll put that on the list to fix as part of the Forum project.
- Audio files -- I clicked on that link, and I could hear that audio file. ("Hello, Stillwater, this is your mayor, Marshall Winslow...") Then I reloaded and couldn't. I'll have to look into it some more.
- I know you talked to Trevor about user-talk-sub-sub-pages; I'll have to ask him if there was any resolution to that question.
- Talk page archives -- This isn't a bug, it's a product decision. Like I said before, it doesn't make sense to have two competing systems for doing the same thing on a wiki. It's true that ongoing conversations may get cut off and restarted in the new system, but that's a one-time pain rather than a long-term mess. Instead of leaving further messages for people on their user talk archive, you could leave a message on their Wall continuing the conversation -- then they'll get a notification, and you can pick things up from there.
- Edit summaries -- we're going to build a Preview option for Message Wall & Forum posts pretty soon. It's possible that we'll be able to add edit summaries in that; we'll see how it works.
Let me know if you've got other questions or ideas about the Message Wall or Forum. Thanks for taking the time to let us know about the current problems!