FANDOM

• I saw your reference to using JS to add to the Navbar on Runescape...I was curious if you knew whether or not it was possible to remove existing menu entries/re-name them...

Loading editor

It is technically possible, but it may not be permitted.

This is sample code which will remove the link to chat:

$('.WikiHeaderRestyle ul li:first-child  a[href="/wiki/Special:Chat"]').remove();

This is sample code to rename "Read More" to "Related Articles":

$('.RelatedPagesModule h2').html('Related Articles'); /* Replaces "Read More" with "Related Articles" */

So this code probably renames "Chat" to "Chatter" - I didn't test it.

$('.WikiHeaderRestyle ul li:first-child  a[href="/wiki/Special:Chat"]').innerHTML('Chatter');

Loading editor
    • On Runescape, instead of a link to "New Photos," the link says "New files," how was that altered?

Loading editor

Can you link me to where I mentioned Runescape again?

I have nothing to do with the Runescape wiki, if you want to know how they did something, just look at their javascript.

Loading editor
    • Sorry, didn't know you weren't with them. They don't have any JS that alters the word, which is why I asked (Nor is it a System Message) link

Loading editor

Hmmm, you're right, it's not javascript because it's there before the javascript runs, and it doesn't appear to be a system message, because http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/?uselang=qqx isn't replacing it.

I guess you'll have to contact them and ask.

Loading editor

Did you ever find out how they did this? I could never work it out myself.

Loading editor
    • It is a system msg, I've forgotten which one though.

Loading editor

No problem, I should have followed up on this sooner. Thanks!

edit: I looked at Special:AllMessages and it's MediaWiki:Oasis-navigation-v2-new-photos.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.