FANDOM

• While taking a closer look at the Twitter CSS I noticed .twtr-widget uses position: relative which might be the root of the problem. I think overriding this to the default value: static might solve the issue. I am not sure however because I haven't been able to test this out. Neither Firefox 12 or Chrome on both Windows and Linux, logged in or not, gave issues like in the screenshot. What are your thoughts on this?

Loading editor
    • Got a link for me to look at?

Loading editor
    • I'm not seeing that bug in either FF 12 or Chrome 19.

Is the CSS for it still in place?

Loading editor
    • I have not made any changes yet.

Loading editor
    • I think it's possible that the ones showing what I saw in the screenshot may have had some custom config/plugins interfering... but other PC/FF12 users were having a different issue: no twitter content displaying in the tab.

position:relative does sound like a potential culprit. I played around on a test wiki, and found that even if you put the code directly below tabber, there were still issues. I think tabber is messing with positioning.

Loading editor
    • no twitter content displaying in the tab.

Ad Block Pro blocks twitter updates.

Loading editor
    • *facepalm*

Loading editor
    • Well, i'd still really like to know what made twitter appear at the top of the page for some people (cuz that's a very ugly bug), but if we can test on a few other PC/FF12 installations and not reproduce it, we can probably safely say it's not bringing the end of the world.

Loading editor
    • It's possible it was an old cached version of testing CSS.

Loading editor
    • So it is safe to re-introduce it? I tried all other positioning methods: static, inherit, absolute and fixed. All of them made the widget disappear completely, even on blank pages with only the widget in it.

About the cached version of testing CSS: I don't know, I did all the CSS modifications in my user-specific config before rolling it out wiki-wide. There were no modifications made to the twitter widget since a very long time. The twitter widget is created by twitter itself, right? As it is imported from their domain.

Loading editor
    • Can we get a few more people to test it on PC/FF and say it's fine?

Loading editor
    • Sure, I don't mind. I came across <twitteruser> on codwiki. It gets the job done, although it is less detailed.

Loading editor
    • i'm going to try to work with the person who saw the bug to see if we can isolate what's interacting with the code. will get back to you.

Loading editor
    • Things just got worse, with Firefox 13 released, the slider stopped working. Apparently on every wiki.

Loading editor
    • Well... the ones reporting the FF 12 bug now say that it's magically cleared itself up....

So i think it's up to you now to figure out what's next. Good luck, and thanks!

Loading editor
    • Oh, by slider do you mean our main page image slider, or the custom hack slider?

Loading editor
    • The main page featured gallery slider <gallery type="slider">. Other wiki users on our IRC channel who recently updated to FF13 have the same issue. It happens on both Windows and Linux, on every wiki I visited with such a slider on the main page. This includes sliders not featured on the main page and preview windows.

Loading editor
    • Got it, thanks!

Loading editor
    • Looks like the issue is broader than slider, and it's affecting a number of javascript-dependent features. They're working on a fix as we speak.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.