FANDOM

• I have an imposter, (https://community.fandom.com/wiki/User:LifevaultWantsToBeDEMOTED), and I don't know what to do. I am staff on a few wikis, (1 is actually good, yet only 2 active editors, who is me and Derp), and I can't seem to find him editing any wikis that I am staff on. Can you tell me what to do?

Thanks!

Loading editor
    • Contact Fandom staff (Special:Contact) and choose the category "Defending yourself on Fandom".

Loading editor
    • LOL... that's not an imposter, that's a parody account. An imposter would be something like "Lifevavlt" or "L!fevault".

Loading editor
    • hmm

Well i have alot of alts.

A wiki thought that was me

Loading editor
    • So you're basically admitting you have lots of potential violations of the Terms of Use? Nice.

Loading editor
    • ?

Loading editor
    • Lifevault, if you think someone’s impersonating you negatively, it’s probably best to contact Fandom Staff about that issue to see if they can block the user who impersonated you.

Loading editor
    • Fandyllic wrote: LOL... that's not an imposter, that's a parody account. An imposter would be something like "Lifevavlt" or "L!fevault".

I good one would be LifevauIt. But all three of those would prrobably be caught by antispoofing.

Loading editor
    • I don't know about that. The anti-spoofing allows things like "Iron Claw", Iron Claw 2", and "Iron Claw 4". Those differ by 1 character and they still get through the filter.

Loading editor
    • Isn’t the rename filter dependent on if the username is a complete match to a existing username. Sure, there may have been cases where the filter was glitched and disallowed a username for being too similar to another username, but in the case of Lifevault's suspected impersonator, it could’ve been that the filter was slow or unable to track any similarities between the original Lifevault account and the new impersonation one.

Obviously, as I mentioned in a previous message, they could use S:C if they think the user impersonated them in a negative way.

Loading editor
    • As previously stated, Lifevault's case is not one most of use would consider impersonation so much as mistaken identity. Also, the filter doesn't glitch to block similar names. Matching names exactly is far easier than matching similar names. So if it blocks similar names, that is intentional.

Loading editor
    • Tupka217 wrote:

Fandyllic wrote: LOL... that's not an imposter, that's a parody account. An imposter would be something like "Lifevavlt" or "L!fevault".

I good one would be LifevauIt. But all three of those would prrobably be caught by antispoofing.

Why did it let in Lifevaultt?

And Lifevaulttt

And Lifevaulttttttt

Loading editor
    • There are a lot of similar usernames. For example, in a wiki about a book or movie series, many usernames are named after the main characters. Impersionating is more than that, but each case is different.

Loading editor
    • That was the point I was trying to make. The anti-spoofing is not that great.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.