FANDOM

• Hello! I was wondering if it is possible to hide the deleted article comments? As an administrator, I can delete article comments which can not be seen by other users, but it makes it very hard for myself to read the article comments. Is this possible? Thank you in advance!

Loading editor
    • See this thread for the discussion and this thread for the "final" JS solution.

Loading editor
    • Ah thank you so much!

Loading editor
    • It's also important to mention (as one of the conclusions of the said thread) that you can edit any concerning contents out of the comment, while it is deleted.

Loading editor
    • Yes, I read that @HumansCanWinElves and I understand thank you very much!

Though I did have a question, @Andrewds1021 I read through the thread you sent, and I copied your "final" solution onto my Common.js but when I tested it by copying it into the chrome console, nothing worked. However when I copied your second solution, (the one RIGHT before your "final" solution) the comments were successfully hidden. I was wondering which one I should use, and why your "final" solution did not work for me?

Loading editor
    • That is odd. If the "final" solution didn't work, I assume SapadorCastelo would have said so. When you copied the "final" solution, did you try it without using the console?

Loading editor
    • Surprised there isn't a pure CSS solution.

Loading editor
    • Well, it is the same type of issue custom group badges have with Chat. Though that won't be a concern for much longer. Due to the algorithm used for applying CSS, you cannot change something about an element based on its descendants.

Loading editor
    • @SaspadorCastelo described it as "Look like it was built intentionally in a way that prevents targeting with CSS".

Loading editor
    • I think that give too much credit to Fandom for putting thought into the design. I think it was just how it turned out.

Loading editor
    • Yes I guess. But it's so different than how other parts of the (legacy?) wiki were designed carefully with a lot of organized targetable classes and elements.

Loading editor
    • Well, the old features have been around for over 7 years. Discussions is somewhere between 4 to 5 years and these new comments are less than 1 year. So I wouldn't be surprised if this is just because they rushed-out an MVP.

Loading editor
    • @Andrewds1021 I have just entered test mode instead of using the console and the "final" code still does not remove the deleted comments. I am currently waiting for a revision approval. Should I wait until the revision is reviewed and approved?

Loading editor
    • Why does it need approval? You shouldn't be putting this in site JS. It should be personal JS only. Maybe respond on the dev wiki thread and ask SapadorCatelo to verify that it worked for them. Unfortunately, I cannot verify it myself as I am not an admin on any UCP wikis.

Loading editor
    • Ohh! I see, I have just moved the code over to my personal JS. Ah okay, I will ask SapadorCastelo then! Thank you!

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.