FANDOM

• is it?

Loading editor
    • I'm not sure exactly what you're asking, but yes, upvotes are equivalent to kudos. When a wiki is migrated to UCP, all previous kudos on a thread are converted to upvotes.

Loading editor
    • They are analogous but they are also different in a few significant ways.

1. Upvotes are available for Discussions, article comments, blog comments, and message walls whereas kudos were available for Forum (the predecessor to Discussions) only.
      2. You can't view who gave an upvote to a post whereas you can see you gave a kudos.
      3. The user who posted the message gets a notification when you give the post an upvote whereas kudos do not generate a notification.
        Loading editor
    • How do you upvote article comments and MW messages? I can't find such a button.

Loading editor
    • Hmm... I must be getting confused. You are right, upvotes appear to be for Discussions only. I am not sure why I was convinced otherwise when I made the post. My bad.

Loading editor
    • Neither have any meaningful value. You'll notice there is no way to tell how many kudos or upvotes you have total, by thread, by category, or any other place besides a specific post or reply. They only have localized psychological value... if at all.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.